done in reports. I'd like it to look like this:

From: 2/7/2008 To: 2/7/14/2008

I don't think I can use the query that generates the data for the pie-chart
becuase it would have to be outside that sub-form on my main menu. My main
menu does not have a data source.

If you have any ideas, I'd appreciate it.

Thx,
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

JK,
    If your chart always prints in the same position on the report, you
could simply place a Text control on top of the chart (bring to front), with
a ControlSource of...
        = DateAdd("d", -7, Date()) & " TO: " & Date()
--
    hth
    Al Campagna

"JK" <jasonk at necoffeeco dot com> wrote in message
>I have a pie-chart on my main menu that totals the number of billable hours
> for each Service Technician for the last week (always 7 days from today.)
>
> How would I make a text box display the actual date range, much like what
> is
> done in reports. I'd like it to look like this:
>
> From: 2/7/2008 To: 2/7/14/2008
>
> I don't think I can use the query that generates the data for the
> pie-chart
> becuase it would have to be outside that sub-form on my main menu. My main
> menu does not have a data source.
>
> If you have any ideas, I'd appreciate it.
>
> Thx,

0
Al
2/14/2008 2:13:01 PM
hi,

JK wrote:
> How would I make a text box display the actual date range, much like what is
> done in reports. I'd like it to look like this:
>
> From: 2/7/2008 To: 2/7/14/2008
Assign the following as ControlSource to your TextBox:

   ="From: " & Me![fromDate] & " To: " & Me![toDate]

You may use

   Format(ADateTime, "\#m\/d\/yyyy#")

To explictly format the date:

   ="From: " & Format(Me![fromDate], "\#m\/d\/yyyy#") & " To: " &
Format(Me![toDate], "\#m\/d\/yyyy#")

Copy it as a single line.

mfG
--> stefan <--
0
Stefan

change color in many text box
I have a form which takes information from a query. The information is orizontally aranged in the many text boxes . I would like to know how can i change the background color of the text box on the row by just doubleclicking on that particular row. Give me some suggestions please! ANY IDEEA, "florin" <florin_serban@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ercv$ytcIHA.5164@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have a form which takes information from a query. > The information is orizontally aranged in the many text boxes . > I would like to know how can i change the background colo...

Need an Through/End date for the Historical Stock Status Report
Our customer wants to print a report for a prior month that shows the beginning quantity on hand for an item, all transactions for the month and the ending QTY balance. Put another way, the customer says "I want to know what inventory I started the month with, what happenned to it, and what I ended with." This could be accomplished by adding an end date option to the Historical Stock Status Report so we could run the As Of Date for the beginning of a prior month and the end date as the end of the prior month. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Micro...

trying to return data with only the latest date
when i run this i get data for the last day. i'm trying to get it to return only for the latest date. for example the instance name column contains all the drive letters. i would like it to return one row for each machinename and drive letter. tried adding distinct but didn't work with free_hd_space_cte as ( select a.counterid, substring(a.machinename,3,20) as machinename, a.objectname, a.countername, a.instancename, b.countervalue, convert(datetime, substring(b.counterdatetime,1, 16)) as TimeRead from counterdetails a inner join counterdata b on a.counterid = b.counter...

Connecting to boxes moved from 5.5 to 2003
I have a small organization, with about 60 clients and I'm working on an AD converison. I worked with a consultant to setup a new AD domain with the requisite trust with my old NT domain and the ADC. I have no problem moving test boxes over to the AD/Exchange03 machine, but I am not certain what the next steps in the process for accessing the moved boxes should be. I though I could simply "enable" the moved accounts I see in AD Users and Computers, but even after resetting pw's and enableing the acct, I am immediately challenged with a bad pw/username error when I atte...

combo box troubles
Hi, I have a form where if a (vendor) combo box field is "null", a msgbox pops up asking the user to choose a vendor. After a vendor is chosen, an order form pops up with the vendor info populated. All of this is coded on a button: if isnull(forms!frmInventory.vendor) then msgbox "Please choose a Vendor", forms!frmInventory.vendor.SetFocus *****more code here***** end if forms!frmInventory.vendor.value = vendor docmd.openform "frmOrders"... vendor = forms!frmInventory.vendor.value forms!frmOrders.vendor.SetFocus forms!frmOrders.vendor.t...

Replacing cell with text
Hi, I want to know if it is possible to do the following: Imagine I have a legend in which I say which text corresponds to whic letters ex: John -> J Harry -> H Susan -> S and what I want to do is when entering J, H or S in a cell, it wil change to the corresponding text. Is there a way of doing it without having to run a macro ? Thanks in advance Pedr ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Go to Tools > AutoCorrect Options (XL2002) and insert new...

Check Boxes?
Hi, I know that a field of type "bit" is where you can have Yes/No type questions, but is it possible to have Check boxes within an Order Form? I have seen some system check boxes, and was wondering if this is limited only to system fields (attributes). TIA GP, All you have to do is: Go to Settings>> customization >> Open Order Entity >> Open the form Click on the bit field >> Change properties. (not form properties) On the second tab under controling formatting you have an option to select check box. Hope this is helpful Venkat. "GP" wrote...

Converting Text Values to Dates
Is there a way to convert a column of text, date values (entered as 81096, for example) to valid date format, 8/10/96? I could not get the DATEVALUE function to do this. Hi! Select the range of cells in question. Goto Data>Text to Columns Click NEXT twice Select Column Data Format: DATE. Then choose the format from the drop down Finish Biff "Frank Winston" <FrankWinston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7CAF0A61-E8A7-4D18-B035-0D475E9A858C@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to convert a column of text, date values (entered as 81096, > for example...

Excel Date Format of MMM/YY
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I enter a date in the format of MMM/YY it saves ok but if you then look in tools and calculator I have found that it creates a formula of 2004 and when you copy this over to a Windows based PC it displays incorrect dates. How do I turn off this apparent formula creation. I live in UK and have settings to UK Don't let the info in the Calculator mislead you. It's simply confirming that the workbook you're in is employing the 1904 Date System which is the default in Mac Excel. Dates in Mac Exce...

Am I able to sort dates by month rather than year in excel?
I am using office 2003. I need a report that sorts my employees in order by the month they are hired. Excel always sorts by year. Just an example: If a date is in A1 and the rest of the column, then in B1 enter =MONTH(A1) and copy down Then sort by column B -- Gary's Student "Ruth k." wrote: > I am using office 2003. I need a report that sorts my employees in order by > the month they are hired. Excel always sorts by year. ...

OL2000 Text disappears for certain recipients
Hello, There's been a problem the last few days with the Outlook 2000 in the office I work. Certain users will reply to emails, but only most of the recipients will be to read the reply. Some just see the original message, with the reply text at the top completely gone. This is kind of nerve wrecking, since it's intermittent and not predictable. None of the Outlooks are formatted with rich text, and we use an ISP's email service. Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Oh, and the OS's are either Win 2000 or XP. Thanks! ...

User form Default value in text box
Hi all. Quick question. I have a user form in excel which has a text box which i want to have the value defaulted to the current date. I've looked at several posting on this site but haven't gotten it to work yet. Any ideas on how to set the text box with the current date as a default value? Any help or direction is appreciated. Thanks. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-programming/201006/1 Hi, Try this way Private Sub UserForm_Activate() TextBox1.Text = Date End Sub -- Mike When competing hypotheses are oth...

Change Display Units property with VBA
Hello, I would like to dynamically change the units on my graph within my powerpoint presentation using VBA. The Powerpoint group has site has been down for a couple of days so I have not been able to send my question in. I would think the code might be similar to that in excel so I'm hoping someone can help me here. Can someone help some code that allows me to change the "Display Units" property found under the "Format Axis --> Scale" menu in the graphs? thank You, Jenise In article <1168541545.394773.220220@o58g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>, jwilliam@alte...

XSLT Plain Text is Indented
Hi All, I'm having some trouble getting my XSLT to transform correctly. VS.NET addeds Indentations: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output method="text" indent="no" /> <xsl:param name="Name"/> <xsl:template match="/"> Hello <xsl:value-of select="$Name" />, We have received your e-mail, and your question is in the process of being routed to the appropriat...

LED light box display--Only 11 mm LED slim light box in China! 05-24-07
Edlite is dedicate to develop comprehensive technology on advertising light-box including LED; CCFL; EEFL and FLUORESCENT series.we already sell numerous light boxes around the world for tradeshow booth or display purpose. More detail.please enter into www.edlite.hk,or send mail to jenny@edlite.hk,or add MSN:madamenihao@hotmail,then we would reply to you at the first time. ...

Frogs in the pond
Hi, I have this little charting problem. I'm sure someone will have the solution. It's difficcult to explain so I 've posted a picture here www.fransysco.net/frogs/frogs.gif You may have to zoom on your browser to see it perfectly. I have some data in a table and it's figures about frogs in a a pond and about how many arrive in each batch per quarter and how long they survive. The length of survival is measured in Quarters, too. So each quarter there's a batch of new frogs that arrive - usually 2000 in a a batch. And I measure the survival rate of each batch. Now, if I al...

Dynamic Range Defined by Value of Cell
I am just getting started with dynamic ranges. I have data as follows: A B C Product1 qty cost Product2 qty cost .... ProductN qty cost TOTAL qtytot costtot The number of products varies. There is other data below this that is unrelated. How can I define a range dynamically that will always capture A:C and as many rows up and including the first time it finds "TOTAL" in column A? Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you. I don't know what you mean by "define a range" b...

Import Text Wizard
I'm trying to open a .txt file from Windows that starts the Import Text Wizard automatically. All I've managed so far is to actually open it, yet if you open a text file in Excel it starts the wizard itself. Gary ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I believe that the Text Import Wizard runs automatically from the user interface. You can run it from Data, Text to Columns after the file is opened. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Images not displaying on page
Hi, Apologies if this is a frequently asked question... PC has Publisher 2003 + SP1 (11.6255.6408) on WinXPPro + SP2, 4Gb RAM Problem I'm having is when I try to open a Publisher document which was not created on the above PC i.e. sent to me from someone else, or created by me on my previous PC. Specifically, any images do not display on the page, or in Print Preview. However, they do appear in the Graphics Manager if I click the Show Thumbnail checkbox, and they do print correctly. If I click View, Pictures on the menubar, the dialog is set to Detailed Display. If I change this, ...

Formatting a date in client report
How do I format a date field in a client side Microsoft report (rdlc)? I'm using VS2008, 9.0.30729.1 sp Windows forms project. Unformatted, the dates in my report are displayed like this: 11/19/09 00:00:00 I want to display just the date, not the zeroes. If I enter an expression in the value property for the report textbox like this: =Format(Fields!StartDate.Value, "D") (as shown in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms251668.aspx) the report will display "D" instead of the formatted date. The same thing happens with other format string...

How do I wrap text for formulaes
I have a worksheet with a lot of formulaes - need to print on a single sheet but cannot seem to wrap text them - any ideas will be welcomed. TIA, Naz --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I'm not sure if this works for formulas, but it certainly works for text. Highlight the cells you need to wrap, in the menu, click "format", "cells", click the "Alignment" tab, then put a checkmark in the box beside "Wrap text". If that doesn't work, someone else will have to come with a different fix. You might have to change your row h...

Task Due Date
Is there anyway to preset the task to have "today" as the due date by default? -- Guy Lapierre Forefront Business Solutions http://www.forefrontbusinesssolutions.com Not that I am aware of, no. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Guy Lapierre asked: | Is there anyway to preset the task to have "today" as the due date by | default? ...

Set date field year to 2005
Hi there, I have a spreadsheet of dates, EG: '10/09/1983', '03/08/1985'. I need to change these all to be in the year 2005, so '10/09/1983' becomes '10/09/2005'. I assumed it would be a case of just doing a custom format DD MMMM 2005 but this doesn't work. Is there an easy worksheet function to do this or will I need to write a macro? Cheers, Chris If it's a one timer you can use formulas =DATE(2005,MONTH(A1),Day(A1)) will take the date in A1 and change the year to 2005 then you can just copy and paste special as values over the old dates, finally...

Chart sizes with window frame check box is frozen in the 'ON' star
I am running Excel 2000 under Windows XP on my laptop. Under the Tools:Options menu on the Chart tab, there is a check box labeled "Chart sizes with window frame". The box is checked. If I uncheck the box the check mark disappears, but when I click 'OK', nothing happens to the chart and the zoom control in the toolbar does not activate. When I open the Tools:Options menu again, the check mark reappears. It will not turn off. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no effect. I have compared settings with my Excel 2000 installations on my desktop systems ...

Bug in ActiveDocument.Range.Font?
I'm trying to check whether files contain certain font attributes (hidden, smallcaps, etc.) anywhere within the whole document or in its sections but the code below seems to return wdUndefined (9999999) irrespective of whether the document has any hidden text or no at all. Strangely enough, it works for short test documents but when I try it on a "real" document 20 or 30 pages long, it always returns .Font.Hidden = 9999999 even though running a Find for hidden text shows that the document has no text with hidden font.. It also fails at Section level but works proper...