Developer Extensions And Run-time Access 2007

Am I understainding correctly that the developer extentions are available as
a free download as well as the run-time version of Access 2007?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Dec 14, 8:59 am, Huckle <Huc...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Am I understainding correctly that the developer extentions are available as
> a free download as well as the run-time version of Access 2007?

That's true. I'm using them now.

Keith
0
kagard
12/14/2007 2:22:12 PM
That's correct.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Huckle" <Huckle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Am I understainding correctly that the developer extentions are available
> as
> a free download as well as the run-time version of Access 2007?

0
Douglas
12/14/2007 2:30:52 PM
Keith,

Have you ever tried to open one database with another within the run-time
environment?

Thanks,
Huckle

> Keith,
>
> Have you ever tried to open one database with another within the run-time
> environment?
>
> Thanks,
> Huckle

You can certainly use the shell command to execute or launch a second
version of MS access in this case.

You cannot however use automation from the first version to launch a second
copy, or automate MS access .In fact you cannot do this even from visual
basic,  windows scripting or any other environments that supports com object
automation.

The reason for this limitation is that when you are automate the runtime
version of MS access, you cannot provide MS access with a legitimate file
name. If you don't provide the runtime with legitimate file name, then the
application will not start.

However you are free to use the shell command or scripts to launch more than
one copy. So in theory you could certainly use the shell command and pass
the name of the file name that you wish to launch in this fahsion.

--
Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

0
Albert
12/14/2007 11:25:33 PM
Huckle <Huckle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Am I understainding correctly that the developer extentions are available as
>a free download as well as the run-time version of Access 2007?

Also see Microsoft Access (Office) Developer Edition FAQ
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/developereditionfaq.htm

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.

Accessing Windows Office Templates
There are some very nice templates at the Windows Office Template Gallery. I would like to download (mostly Word, but a few Excel) some of these templates, but the format comes out with a ".cab" extension that Office v.X doesn't understand. Is there any way to get these templates? Unfortunately, they make the Mac template archive look very weak. TIA Len Hi Len, Microsoft has a Mac template download page: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/resources/templates.aspx?pid=templates There's a link to the on-line gallery on that page. It looks like a newly re-designed gallery to m...

How to link with an Access DB
Hi, I have an Acces DB with many tables. I need to choose the name of a customer in a cell of Excel. For example, in acces I have this tables: Table1 Id Name Last Name City I need to choose the last name from a drop down menu in a spreadsheet and then in other cell I need to put all the data regarding the last name that I choose. I hope to be exaustive, and sorry for my english. :-) Many Thanks Stefano ...

Running Money 2003 in Vista

Access 97 can't resize database window

Time Series
I have about 30000 lines of data that looks like so: Time Count 93000 447 93001 1020 93002 1438 93003 2177 93004 3042 93005 3467 93006 2913 93007 3341 93008 3547 93009 2908 93010 3512 93011 4090 Where ColA is time. I am having trouble creating a graph with time on the x-axis and count on the y-axis. Thank you in advance. You need to make an XY chart But with 30,000 data points you could run into trouble; Help says you can 32,000 data points in a single data series. However, if you want markers it will look like heck. You could limit the data like this: assume y-values in B2:B30001 in ...

OWA. CA's. and Exchange 2007

Office 2007 forms

Outlook 2007 addresses
How can I find the list of addresses I have sent emails to? When you start a new email you can put a letter in the To line and list will come up. Where is that list? How can I print it out? Thanks Matt that is the autocomplete cache. You would need a utility to print it out. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20040621.htm http://www.slipstick.com/problems/nicknamecache.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Out...

Outlook 2007 Install gone wrong

users with restricted access

Using later version of microsoft access

Access 97/2000/2003 comparisons

xsd:extension not inherit attributes?
Does anyone know why if I create a complexType based off another complexType using xsd:extension the attributes don't seem to be inherited? Is this a bug/non-implementation in the .NET Schema editor and the XML validator? Thanks, Mike Jansen Attributes are always inherited from the base type. Can you provide your schema? -- Stan Kitsis Program Manager, XML Technologies Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Mike Jansen" <mjansen_nntp@mail.com> wrote in message news:%23BgsAYsNFHA.3492@TK2MSFTN...

no access to send internet email

Separating Date and Time in a cell

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Money 04 runs very slow
file size is 17,480 kb, about 5 years data. Machine is a P4 2.2 GHz, 512 mb ram. Money runs very slow, processing downloaded statements, switching screens, etc. I switched from Quicken about a year ago. That didn't run nearly this slow. Any ideas? Will trimming the file size help at all or much? Thanks Ideas? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=4. Trimming? Most people haven't had great luck trying this through means like File|Archive--which, by the way, I'd discourage for any number of reasons. "Tom Orlando" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Run time error 5 : HQClient

High Memory Usage after IS Maintenance Runs
I have an Exchange 5.5 server whose priv.edb file is about 2GBs. During normal usage the store.exe file is use about 70MBs of RAM. When the IS Maintenance runs at night the RAM usage shoots to 800MBS and does not come down after IS Maintenance is done. I have to restart the Information Store service to restore proper system operation. How do I fix this issue? Why do you think that proper operation is less than 800MB of RAM? By default, Exchange should take all of the system memory available and not 70MB (note that it should give it back when asked). That's normal behavior vs. w...

how to run onhand value report
I get the message enter parameter when entering the zoom feature On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 17:36:01 -0800, junebugg <junebugg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get the message enter parameter when entering the zoom feature You'll have to give us some more context than that, junebugg. What's the "onhand value report"? What's the "zoom feature"? You can see your database; we cannot! -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...