Derived Field - 17547

I'd like to add a derived field to this situation:

Parent Table : Shipments
(pk)Shipment_No
Shipment_Date
Shipment_Size
....other fields...

Child Table : Shipment_Inspection
Shipment_No (connected field)
Number_Out_Tolerance (bad ones in the shipment)
....other fields...

I'd like to make a derived field "der_percent_good" that takes the
shipment size that the inspection belongs to and does
(1 - Number_Out_Tolerance/Shipment_Size)*100 to find the percent of
the shipment that is Good.

Thanks!

0
Garret
5/21/2007 1:53:15 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

bcc and attachment fields
Is there a way to make the bcc and attachments fields always show up at the top of a new email under the To: , CC:, and Subject fields??? Thanks are you meaning that attachments will not show in the body? I am looking for that answer too. -- Dave M Radeon 9800Pro 256mb P4 2.8 oc to 3.1 "sendhost3000" <sendhost3000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eYXGYYYxDHA.3224@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to make the bcc and attachments fields always show up at the > top of a new email under the To: , CC:, and Subject fields??? > > Thanks > > -----= ...

Pasting email address into text field
Hello all, I am attempting to copy/paste several rows of data from an excel spreadsheet into an Access form. I receive an error: "The value you have entered into this field is invalid" when the data contains an email address. The email address field is set for text with a field length of 255 characters in the DB. I can copy the individual email address into the field without any problems. the problem occurs only when I am copying the whole row or rows of data from the excel spreadsheet into the Access DB. Any ideas about getting around this problem? Hi, this is exactly wh...

How to get Table Description Field Text to show on Forms? Hovering? Right-Click?
Can I get the fioeld description I enter in the Table Design View to show on Forms or Queries? When the mouse hovers over the field or field name?? When the user right clicks on the field or field name?? At the bottom of the screen when the mouse hovers? How? Thanks for any help. Mel Ken, I've done some programming but not much in Access. How do I (where do I click) to add a function to the "standard module" ??? And, am I correct in understanding that the first function would be called each time the db opened? And the 2nd function would be called each time the form op...

HOW TO GET DATA FORM FORMS FIELDS
Hi! How can i get a hold of all the fields in Access form...basicly all the controls. I'm developing in Visaul Basic .Net framework 2.0. So far i only know how to find the right form (appAccess.CurrentProject.AllForms(x)) but i cant get information from its fields. -- .... but the beer is still good! On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 09:09:04 -0700, Antinsh <Antinsh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi! > >How can i get a hold of all the fields in Access form...basicly all the >controls. I'm developing in Visaul Basic .Net framework 2.0. >So far i only know how to find...

Hide a Field
Is it possible to hide a field on a form? (ex: hide the Shipping Method field on an Account) If so, how would you do so? Please advise. Thanks! You can remove it from the form by editing the form in the customizations area. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Cayla" <Cayla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B53EE6CA-F3F3-484F-97DC-25B50B73DDD4@microsoft.com... Is it possible to hide a field on a form? (ex: hide the Shipping Method field on an Account) If so, how would you do so? Please advise. Thanks! Hi Jack, For MS CRM 3.0 Beta , you have to as...

on_change() event for text fields
Is there really no way to assign an event to a text field? We want to be able to have the format saved correctly for phone numbers when they're entered in (###)###-#### I've read some threads about this already and it looks like it cannot be done unless you write an app to constantly check and replace the phone numbers within the database itself. I can do this but it would be nice to know if there was any simpler way of going about this. Thanks in advance. nope, not at all,.....only picklists its kinda stupid too because under text boxes they have the ability to select &qu...

How do I import/open .dbf with large number of fields?
I need to import/open a .dbf file that contains about 350 fields. When I open it in excel, it only seems to open the first 245 fields (to column "IU") and doesn't show any fields beyond that. Is there a way to get all the data for a .dbf with a large number of fields? Is there an option for this in Excel or a way to do it in VBA? ...

Add text to a field based on a combo box selection
I'm making a form that contains a dropdown field (dropdown1) containing 5 possible selections. Based upon what the user selects, I want to fill a second field (text3) with a corresponding value. For instance: If dropdown1="Maintenance" then enter "Jack Doe" text3 If dropdown1="Safety" then enter "Tom Collins" text 3 etc. Is there a way to write a 'if then else' formula in a 'calculate' form field? And if so what would the syntax be? Or is there a better (easier, non-programatic) way to accomplish this? I'm not...

Item.content field in RMS Items table
I was taking a look at the structure of the item table in RMS 1.3, Headquarters. At the end of the record is a field called "Content". It is an ntext field. I don't see anyplace on the Item Properties form where this field is referenced. Is this an obsolete field, and if so, would it be safe for me to utilize this field for some of my custom information? -- Bill Yater The Worth Collection byater@worthltd.com Bill, There are a few fields in the Item table that either have never been implemented or are no longer in use. It should be safe to use contents. We have used th...

Field Name Error Msg
I've got a workbook with many sheets. One sheet has pivot tables on it and one other has charts, charting data pulled from the pivot tables. When I open the workbook I get three errors, one after the other, which say: The PivotTable field name is not valid. To create a PivotTable report, you must use data that is organized as a list with labeled columns. If you are changing the name of a PivotTable field, you must type a new name for the field. That's all well and good but I'm not the only one who uses this workbook and I don't know where these errors are coming f...

Round up a decimal in a query field
Hopefully this is an easy question. How do you round up a number in a query field? Excel has the ROUNDUP function, but I can't find anything similar in Access. Can anyone help? Function:round([tablename!fieldname,2]) I think. It may be round([tablesname!fieldname],2) "bigomega73" wrote: > Hopefully this is an easy question. How do you round up a number in a query > field? Excel has the ROUNDUP function, but I can't find anything similar in > Access. Can anyone help? Thanks Golfinray, but that only rounds to the nearest decimal place. What I want is the numb...

Creating a CDialog derived class for a Dialog??
I am trying to convert a project from Win32 to MFC. I created a new dialog resource, but when I try to do the right-click add class thing from the dialog editor, it doesn't do anything. I am using VS.NET 2003 Pro. In the dialog that pops up to create the new class, I change it to derive from CDialog, it already has the ID for my dialogbox resource selected, and I enter a new class name, and it generates the .h and .cpp names. I click Finish and NOTHING happens. I try it again from the main menu, but this time it pops an error box saying "Object Required". I am stumpe...

Check Table, if found, fill Fields
I did a mess of a database, and I'm trying to clean it up. My original database/Table has Date Received, Last Name, First Name, SSN, FormFrom, FormType (pulldown) and several other fields, including Date Completed, and a Record field that's an Autonumber. Every time someone requests a letter/form etc from us they get added in as a new Record. So one person may have 5 different things etc., and that 1 person is listed 5 different times. It should really be 1 person with 5 different transactions. I am trying to Normalize. I want to break off the Last Name & First Name F...

How do I set the focus for a field after new (blank) record ?
Hi When I click the "new (blank) record" icon at the bottom of a form, the cursor disappears. How can I make the cursor go to the first field on the form like it does when I first go to the form. Thanks in advance Mark Thornblad Use the form's Current event to run a macro that contains the GoToControl action, and use that to set the focus to the desired field. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> <mthornblad@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d7aa0f3c-adbc-4f30-8e2b-f82b121f5876@a28g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > When I click the "new (bla...

e-mail address in To Field
Hi, I changed out a users laptop and he had over 100 e-mail address in the To field that were not saved in his contacts. Is there any way that I can export them to his new laptop? They are contained in the 'username'.nk2 file "MR" <MR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77118046-5742-4EB1-949D-9E04487A7D2A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I changed out a users laptop and he had over 100 e-mail address in the To > field that were not saved in his contacts. Is there any way that I can > export them to his new laptop? ...

Removing old Investment from drop down field.
How do I remove an old investment account from the drop box? When I put a new transaction and go to the investment field drop down it contains old accounts. Investing, Portfolio, left hand pane--work with investments, click -delete an investment-a list will appear, click the one you want to delete and click ok--Hope this helps. >-----Original Message----- >Investing, Portfolio, left hand pane--work with investments, click >-delete an investment-a list will appear, click the one you want to >delete and click ok--Hope this helps. >. > Yes this is exactly what I needed t...

How do I create a new attribute that adds 2 fields Y+Y=YY
How do I create a new attribute that adds the SUM of two other attributes. It's a simple Y+Y=YY equation.. Nothing fancy very simple! The attributes are both located on the saem Opp form. CRM doesn't support calculated fields in this manner. You either need to write JScript to do the math when 1 value changes or use a Pre-callout to do the calculation before the record is saved. The callout will fire when updated are done via the API's, where the JScript won't. -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM "ConSol IT" <ConSolIT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Multiple field sort
Hi, I am using Access 2003. In what circumstances would i need to do a multiple field (say three) sort? Many thanks. Trish :-) Trish, Not sure why you're asking that... A 3-column sort (and more) is very common. Example for a large store chain report... Region, State, StoreID, SalesPersonID, Category, ProductID... etc... Any table you design is sortable by any column (or all columns) within that table. You would sort by what makes sense for you... like the above example So...every table, by it's very nature, has "all column" sorting. You don...

How do I label a field on a report in Access?
I thought when you added field to a report there was an attached label. I am not seeing this. I really need to label my fields, how can I get this done? Alisa If the "default" control definition was modified to leave off the label, you won't have one for new (control) objects. To add one, first add a (bare-naked) label, then "cut" it, then highlight the control to which you want to attach it, then "paste". The label will be attached to the (highlighted) control. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Alisa" <Alisa@discussions....

Erratic Report Field Format
Hi: Having strange problem with erratic behavior of field format on a report/subreport, which I hope someone can solve. (Using Ac2003) On the subreport Detail, I have a field "Charges", Where Format= Fixed, Decimal Places = 2, and ControlSource = =Replace([ChargesApproved],"."," "). On the subreport Footer, I have a field "SumCharges", whose Format=Currency, Decimal places = 2, and ControlSource==DSum("[ChargesApproved]","TopN") (where TopN is the underlying query for the subreport). Then, in the Report Detail section, there is a fie...

Count the number of times a character appears in a field
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001B_01CAD018.FC830D40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit How can I count the number of times the @ symbols appears in a text field. ------=_NextPart_000_001B_01CAD018.FC830D40 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii" = http-equiv=3DCon...

Cannot View "To" and "CC" Fields in Preview Pane

Originator field does not desplay the sender !!
Hello, I keep getting trash mail in my queue that is being destined to people who do not reside on my server. It is being originated from <>. How can I block such e-mails. Thank you Exchange 5.5 ? Setup to block . in message filtering. Yes - just a period. Exchange 2000 and 2003? Global Settings -> Message Delivery -> Filtering -> Filter messages with blank senders. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of in...

How do I hightlight field when criteria met?
Hi and thanks for taking the time to help. I'm using Access 2003. I have a field on a form which I want to highlight grey when another field has a specific data entered. Both fields are in the same table and on the same form. The field "PurchaseOrLeaseType" is a combo box taking its list from another table. When this field has the data "Purchase" or "Gift" entered I would like the text box "MnthlyPaymentincStamp" to turn Grey. Is this possible?? Thanks again. If Purchase or Gift are fixed values you might consider using "conditi...

Descriptive headings in report header derived from report's name
I have numerous reports for which I want to create headings in the report headers, derived from the (object) name for each report. For efficient editing of report headings, I have created a query derived from MSysObjects and added fields that, when concatenated, produce the desired descriptive headings. I thought to have each of the report names link to their corresponding names in the table so that the concatenated fields unique to each report would be displayed in the report headers. How do I get these headings from the table back into the report headers? My efforts have so far been unsuc...