Debugging does not work - Access 2007

The inventory db was initially created in Access 2003 and when debugging,
everything worked as expected. Code stopped at stop commands, code stopped
at a line of code that caused an error if error trapping was written. I
could step into and out of code, and over code. Since I started using Access
2007, this is no longer the case. I am unable to perform any of these
functions. Does anyone have words of wisdom on the issue?

Thanks,

John Ruff

0
John
11/19/2009 4:25:31 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 08:25:31 -0800, "John Ruff"
<papparuff@comcast.net> wrote:

Is your database in a Trusted Location?  Check the help file on this
topic.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>The inventory db was initially created in Access 2003 and when debugging,
>everything worked as expected. Code stopped at stop commands, code stopped
>at a line of code that caused an error if error trapping was written. I
>could step into and out of code, and over code. Since I started using Access
>2007, this is no longer the case. I am unable to perform any of these
>functions. Does anyone have words of wisdom on the issue?
>
>Thanks,
>
>John Ruff

0
Tom

Log changes to full access permission
Exchange 2007 SP1. Is there a log, or is it possible to log, whenever anyone is granted full access to a mailbox or mailboxes? Thank you. Adrian What do you mean by "anyone"? Please make your request more specific. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Adrian" <NoSpam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23eQ58rEaKHA.1640@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Exchange 2007 SP1. > > Is there a log, or is it possible to log, whenever anyone is granted full > access to a ma...

Concurrency with Access
Hi, I have a Access 2003 talking to SQL 2005 express DB via linked tables. I also have .NET forms application that also talks to the SQL DB. I want to know how to handle concurrency in the .NET app. I don't want to have to change the Access app though Is there a method that would work for both Access and .NET? Malcolm On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 11:52:19 +1000, "Rotsey" <malcolm_smith@RemoveThis.optusnet.com.au> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a Access 2003 talking to SQL 2005 express DB via >linked tables. > >I also have .NET forms application that also talks to...

Report from Access 2003 to 2007 problem

New Chart in Excel 2007 is NOT showed unless preview
I have a sheet with multiple charts in Excel 2007 one of the new created charts is hidden when I open the file Unless preview is selected, then finally turned on BUT many formats are changed and objects on charts (titles,...) can not be moved ! what's wrong ? Make sure you have installed SP2 for Office 2007 as this fixes some (not all) chart problems best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Rolando" <Rolando@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B0A3E5C-AABD-4982-962B-8C5C09A2CC5A@microsoft...

How to draw a regression line on 7000+ dated data with Excel 2007
How to draw a regression line on 7000+ dated data using Excel 2007 Are your "dates" actual Excel dates or just text? With actual Excel dates, pre-2007 versions have no problem doing simple linear regression. To interpret the results though, you need to remember how Excel dates are stored: An Excel date is the number of days since 1900, so the numeric value of today's date is 39736, and the intercept of the regression will be the value of the relationship extrapolated to 30Dec1899 (since Excel mistakenly considers 1900 to be a leap year) "Gordon Lee" wrote: >...

Error: A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in outlook.
Getting the above error when attempting to sync with palm vx. 'Use to work' okay. Recently restored laptop (Dell) from Dell cd, windows 2000 pro, outlook 2000. Reinstalled Palm hot sync software, but now getting the above message. Choosing YES, handheld sync's okay. Complete message is: __________________________________________ A program is trying to access e-mail address you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "no". ________________________________________________________ Machine i...

debug on client's computer ?
I have a VC++ application that just crashes on one tester/client's machine. It runs fine everywhere else. What are the other options to debug (on the client's machine) without installing VC++ (on the clinet's machine)? Is this possible at all? Thanks. WJ I'm not that good at stuff like that, but maybe Remote debugging: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/y7f5zaaa.aspx AliR. "WJ" <WJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF3BB479-7517-44F5-9BF2-3A0B4FD32A6F@microsoft.com... >I have a VC++ application that just crashes on one tester/...

Transferring Order with attached POs -- not working
When we attach a PO to an SO and then receive and post it, it doesn't transfer to an invoice. We get a report which says "0 transferred successfully" & "0 errors". I can't figure out what the problem is. Anyone have any thoughts? Ted Is the item being allocated and fulfilled on the order? "Ted Doolittle" wrote: > When we attach a PO to an SO and then receive and post it, it doesn't > transfer to an invoice. We get a report which says "0 transferred > successfully" & "0 errors". I can't figure out what ...

working with default data files
I am using IMAP and I would like to config outlook to bring all my emai to the default "personal folders" or delete that folder. Is tha possible -- g.garrett ----------------------------------------------------------------------- g.garrette's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=491 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=124989 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i g.garrette <g.garrette.2gnhe4@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote: > I am using IMAP and I would like to config outlook to bring all my > email to the default "personal fo...

Net Work Days in Access?
Hello all, Is there a way in access to obtains the difference in work days between two dates, similar to DateDiff only excluding weekends (and holidays)? Excel has this as NetWorkDays. I have this column: EDays: DateDiff("d",[timein],[timeout]) Which works OK except that it includes weekends. Thank You, -plh -- Where are we going and why am I in this HAND BASKET?? ...

Media Center Receiver Service stops working...
I have been running this machine and configuration (32 bit Vista Ultimate, sp2) for about a year and everything has worked fine -- never a problem with Media Center or anything else. Today I moved the hardware into a new case in order to get a little more real estate and cooling. When I brought it back up it went into a real slowdown for about 2 minutes -- maybe less -- and then gave me error: "Windows Media Center Receiver Service stopped working and was closed." I used my remote and started WMC. It started up fine. I selected Live TV and it went into the near f...

User access via remote desktop
I have a situation where if I set a new user up from a local client, they only can access GP via their local client - they get a login error if trying to login via remote desktop. Likewise, if I log into the server remotely and set up a new user, they can login to GP remotely but not from their local client. Any ideas why this would occur? Thx, Frank Hamelly, MCP NOVA Solutions LLC Melbourne, FL Do you have any profiles that would be affecting where a user is using files? I've seen this issue where one user's profile was different than other users'. -- Charles Allen, MVP ...

How do I update Excel 2000 macros to work in Excel 2002?
Working in Excel 2002/XP on an Excel worksheet which was created in Excel 2000, I get an error message "Subscript out of range". How do I update the macro to work in Excel 2002? Hi normally the macro should work without a problem. Best to post the part of your code which generates this error -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "BobPetrich" <BobPetrich@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9CF34907-0A45-4392-8F04-556EFB1F89E4@microsoft.com... > Working in Excel 2002/XP on an Excel worksheet which was created in Excel > 2000, I get a...

Word 2007 startup slow after installing Windows 7
Why only Word and not Excell and PowerPoint? Do you have a printer installed? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Poul Erik" <Poul Erik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8832AE61-8707-439D-9761-D75C9AC6C1BC@microsoft.com... > Why only Word and not Excell and PowerPoint? ...

prevent user access other mailboxes
Hello, I have inherited a small business network running exchange 5.5 with outlook 2003 clients. I noticed that even users with basic network rights (e.g domain user) can access other users' mailboxes by going: Tools -> Email Accounts -> View and Change existing email accounts -> Next -> Change (with Microsoft Exchange server highlighted) -> More Settings -> Advanced tab -> Add, where they can search and add other users' accounts. Is there a way I can prevent that for the regular users (e.g. basic domain user rights)? Thank you, DN DN, HAve a look at th...

importing excel files into outlook 2007
I did an import and it worked perfectly. I tried to ddo a second, and am receiving a message that - an error occuredwhile importing or exporting and the import/export was terminated. MAPI error 0x80070057 was reported. please try again. I have rebuild the file, changes names and still receive the same message. I looked on ms faq but can't find how to fix the problem. Can anyone help. Thanks Dick Take a look at both of these sights... http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-854669.php http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329295/EN-US/ Anvil22 wrote: >I did...

Outlook 2007 Connection takes 2 minute
We have user (remote office where we have Instagate VPN Router so user is connected using VPN connection) on Dell Laptop Latitutde E6500 with Windows XP SP3 OS and MS office 2007 with latest update. When he opens his outlook 2007 it takes 2 mintues (sometime 3 minutes) to connect to Exchange Server while other users in his office have no problem they are connected in 30 seconds. I googled it but could not find right solution. Thanks, ...

ADC not working
Our ADC has stopped working. We are not seeing any errors in the event viewer on the DC or the exchange 5.5 server. The ADC was setup several years ago and has stopped working a couple of weeks ago. Can anyone point me in the right direction to try and get this working again? ...

Exchange 2007 Outlook 2007 Certificate Issue
We have a server certificate on Exchange 2007 for OWA with our public domain name as the common name. The certificate was setup in IIS.. Outlook 2007, as an internal MAPI client examines the server certificate and doesn't like the mis-match between the certificate and internal host name of the Exchange Server. It requires the user to clicking through two certificate name warnings each time Outlook is started. ( these are name warnings - the certificate authority is trusted on the clients ) Summary: Certificate common name owa.xxx.com Internal host name of Exch...

Can I purchase just Outlook 2007 without the entire office?
I want only Outlook 2007, so that I can synch with my Motorola Q. Will this product work alone? I have the trial version and it seems to work, but it's the trial of the entire office suite. Is there anywhere I can download Outlook instead of getting it mailed to me? I have tried Microsoft but they only offer full suite downloads. Thanks Joey Joey wrote: > I want only Outlook 2007, so that I can synch with my Motorola Q. > Will this product work alone? I have the trial version and it seems > to work, but it's the trial of the entire office suite. Is there > anywhere I ...

Help Opening Publisher 2007 file in 2000 version
Help !! I have been sent a publisher 2007 document and cannot open it at all with my publisher 2000, is there a file conversion download or anything? Nope, there is no conversion. If you send it to me I will convert it for you. Be aware you may lose some formatting and if there are images involved the file will become much larger. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Maneater" <Maneater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B514D1E-C752-4577-A140-B6FC974B9416@m...

Read/Write access only within department,
If I have users that belong to multiple departments, but I want to limit their read/write access only to projects within the departments that they belong to, how I can do this ? Thanks. Hi ctd, You would need to create custom categories for this and add/remove projects as they arise. This is onerous from an admin perspective, but is probably the way I would recommend. -- Regards, Ben. http://www.applepark.co.uk http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/ "ctd" wrote: > If I have users that belong to multiple departments, but I want to limit > t...

You do not have exclusive access to the database at this time....
I am developing an Access 2000 application that is split into a front end and a back end and makes use of User-Level Security. The whole thing will be distributed to several users, who will each run it independently on their own PCs (ULS is only exploited to enable identification of the user and trigger some user-specific code). When testing on my own PC, if I logon as one of the other users I get the following error message, "You do not have exclusive access to the database at this time. If you proceed to make changes, you may not be able to save them later". Am I right in th...

Paste stops working
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel After copying/pasting a number of objects within a spreadsheet, paste stops working -- it's grayed out in the edit menu and crtl-v no longer works. Pasting content within cells continues to work -- this only affect pasting objects. The only solution I've found thus far is to restart the app. Hah! It did post :-) On 31/05/10 7:26 AM, in article 59bb92cc.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Becky108@officeformac.com" <Becky108@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System...

some quicklinks in Money UK do not work
How are the quicklink shortcuts generated in Money? I have "Home, Accounts, Bills, Reports, Budget, My Money, Investing, Banking, Planning, Mortgages, Insurance, Students" as my quicklinks, but only "Home, Accounts, Bills, Reports and Budget" actually do anything. If I click on the others, I just get "The webpage cannot be found". If I look at the address in the browser bar after clicking on the links, I see that it shows up as a French link - ie if I click on "banking" the browser window shows up as http://money.msn.fr/bank_plan/default.asp Howe...