I have a local DB.MDB which accesses a DATA.MDB on a network drive.

I use a user-level security file.

It has been working AOK for a year or so.

Yesterday one of the users reported an error dialog when attempting to open
the DB.MDB (unfortunately the wording of the dialog was not captured!)

After this 'event', the database started working correctly once again.

The result was a DB_Backup.MDB file appeared beside the DB.MDB.

Any ideas?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

That backup file is created when ACCESS "crashes" during use.....

--

        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

"Andrew (UGL)" <Andrew (UGL)@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a local DB.MDB which accesses a DATA.MDB on a network drive.
>
> I use a user-level security file.
>
> It has been working AOK for a year or so.
>
> Yesterday one of the users reported an error dialog when attempting to
> open
> the DB.MDB (unfortunately the wording of the dialog was not captured!)
>
> After this 'event', the database started working correctly once again.
>
> The result was a DB_Backup.MDB file appeared beside the DB.MDB.
>
> Any ideas?

0
Ken

Help
Hi- I am trying to use the "save as" command to save my Publisher 2002 file as an image file (I've tried jpg, tif, gif and bmp) which will be acceptable to an advertisement firm. Unfortunately, they cannot accept MS Publisher files, so I must save it as an image. I have two problems/questions that may actually be the same underlying problem.The first is that when I save the file as one of the image files above, it heavily distorts/blurs some of the fonts to the point that it is unusable. Curiously, in some places the fonts convert fine whereas in other parts of the document the ...

associate files with activex
hi (a bit offtopic) but i search a way how to associate filetypes with an activex control that launches automatically with internet explorer. if anybody has an idea... thanks in advance thomas ...

Massive files in .pb a problem !!!
Hi I am developing a website for a client and he has supplied several .pb files i.e Newsletters. The problem is the files are massive 10MB!!. I just wondered how to go about reducing so that when I put them on his website for downloading it does not take forever to download. I have thought about pdf still 2.3MB. I have thought about WORD still way too big. And last I thought about putting into image ie through photoshop then putting into .swf. Has anybody got a better way at all. Thanks -- http://www.philbrighton.co.uk Phil Brighton wrote: > I am developing a website for a client ...

How to email attached files
I need to send an email with attached files (not the data type). Within access I would like to send an email with 2 or 3 extra files. I am unable to send extra files with the DoCmd.SendObject function. Those somebody have a suggestion. Thank you -- Eric Hi Have a look at this http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.access/browse_thread/thread/809c6cba6d0e7caf/445aa650bc1c610c?q=access+sendobject+wayne+group:microsoft.public.access -- Wayne Manchester, England. "ericb" wrote: > I need to send an email with attached files (not the da...

import text file
I would like to import a text file in to my table. Is it possible to use append query? If yes, how can I specify the field name in to my table? If not, are there any solution for this? Your information is great appreciated, iccsi wrote: > I would like to import a text file in to my table. > Is it possible to use append query? > If yes, how can I specify the field name in to my table? > If not, are there any solution for this? > Since there are variations in the method an location of the import utility as well as a couple ways to do it, I would suggest you p...

outlook file outcmd.dat
We have several computers that continually end up with corrupted outcmd.dat files. We have renamed them and let Outlook rebuild the file as per the Knowledge Base article 241390, but it keeps happening. Outlook will lock up either opening or sending a message. Does anyone know the cause or have a permanent fix? ...

Lost the capability to print from file to send to onenote?
I lost the capability to be able to send something to onenote from the print to menu. It happened once before and for the life of me I cannot remember what I did that time to get it back. I tried repairing microsoft office ultimate from both disks, I've did to separate system restores and it is still not showing up in the print menu that I can send to onenote. Can anyone help me with this problem? LOVEABLKWN wrote: >I lost the capability to be able to send something to onenote from the > print to menu. It happened once before and for the life of me I > cannot re...

Moving Outlook Data file...
....from Windows XP Pro to Vista Home Premium 64. I've got just about everything the way I want it. I can see my folders on the left. I get the preview panes that I want. I've transferred my signatures. So far, there are two things I cannot do. First of all, when I check my mail, it asks me for my password even though I have saved it when I created the e-mail account. Second, when I compose an e-mail, I can't access my Contacts even though they are right there on the left in my folder list (and I can see every entry when I click on Contacts). What do I need to do? Thank yo...

Besides publisher, what supports .pub files?
No, we don't have Microsoft Publisher. We have a publishing deadline and someone sent us an ad in .pub format. We don't have time for Microsoft to send us a free trial CD. Does anything on earth read .pub files, or do we have to go back to the advertiser and ask for a new file format? Paul Klinkman wrote: > We don't have time for Microsoft to send us a > free trial CD. Does anything on earth read .pub files, ================================== Other than MS Publisher? No. ================================== > or do we have to go back to the advertiser > and ask f...

Work with web query file
How can i get data from a iqy file?? [PS] E:\>dir *.iqy Directory: E:\ Mode LastWriteTime Length Name ---- ------------- ------ ---- -a--- 10-May-10 10:07 AM 758 owssvr.iqy [PS] E:\>$a = New-Object -ComObject excel.application [PS] E:\>$iqy = $a.Workbooks.Open(".\owssvr.iqy") Exception calling "Open" with "1" argument(s): "'.\owssvr.iqy' could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct. If you are trying t...

sharing one .pst file on 2 networked computers
what i want to do is have 2 computers on a network share the same outlook.pst file - i have opened the outlook data file on the second computer but it cant be open on both computers at the same time - is there a way to do this. i hope you understand what im trying to do :) thanks MS does not support the use of a pst over a network - it will likely lead to corruption. OL requires exclusive use of the pst. "chris" <someone@here.com> wrote in message news:ex1dau5LFHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > what i want to do is have 2 computers on a network share the same > ...

Received Mail File Attachment always removed by OE
Hi everytime i get a file attachment of my friends OE always removes the file attachment as it says "OE Removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail:" i cant find any option to remove this.. can you please help.... thanks sally Open OE and select Tools | Options | Security tab and uncheck the second option from the top concerning potentially dangerous attachments. "Sally" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29e501c470a0$d575ec50$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi everytime i get a file attachment of my friends OE > always ...

Outlook 2003 does not export all fields to any of the selected file formats
Outlook 2003 does not export all fields, it is missing the date and time field for messages. If there is a way please let me know. For what purpose are you exporting your .pst items? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Great Eyes asked: | Outlook 2003 does not export all fields, it is missing the date and | time field for messages. | If there is a way please let me know. "...

how come one paricular excel file will not open w/o errors?
I have a PocketPC that I sync up with my Home Computer on a daily basis. I have a few files of excel and of word. This morning while trying to access one particular file of Excel, I wasn't able to do it and the weird thing is, all of my other files are still retrievable. Is this file corrupt? Is this file somehow marked as "read-only"? --even though I checked the properties and it said it wasn't. ...

How can I convert an Excel file to an Adobe .pdf file by using Ex.
In the past, I have been able to convert an Excel spreadsheet directly to an Adobe .pdf file. I now have Excel 2003 and I cannot find the function to convert to .pdf anywhere. Am I missing something or is it no longer part of Excel? pammoore2000 wrote: > In the past, I have been able to convert an Excel spreadsheet directly to an > Adobe .pdf file. I now have Excel 2003 and I cannot find the function to > convert to .pdf anywhere. Am I missing something or is it no longer part of > Excel? It never was part of Excel. You must have had a third-party application or add-in...

File opens in another language
When I open a file, it comes up in Greek.The sender created the attachment and it was fine. The sender used Miccrosoft Outlook.Please help Is it in Greek (as in you recognize the Greek language) or is it that the file contains "jibberish"? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Louisq" <Louisq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:841ACB56-EF2E-4D06-B76B-656B959DB761@microsoft.com... > When I open a file, it comes up in Greek.The sender created the attachment >...

I think my .pst file is overloaded
The file C:\Windows\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst could not be accessed. My outlook will not allow me to delete anything or move any files. My .pst file is 1.99 GB full. Can anyone help me out of this? Thank You. The absolute upper limit on a .PST in Outlook 2002 and earlier is 2GB, and most users start having problems upwards of 1GB. Look here for the information you need to hopefully recover at least some of your data: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will N...

DB Utility?
I am being asked to run a report on our Exchange 5.5 database that would look into each mailbox under calendar and contacts for key words. Do you know how I could go about doing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. There is no off the self software that I am aware of. "RG" <rgoergen@cranel.com> wrote in message news:726b7d4d.0405271153.7b62293c@posting.google.com... > I am being asked to run a report on our Exchange 5.5 database that > would look into each mailbox under calendar and contacts for key > words. Do you know how I could go about doing this? A...

Reading and writing UTF-8 files
I have to do some simple text editing to large-ish (2 Mbyte) html files generated by Word. They are, I believe, in UTF-8. It is the !%^&* problem where single apostrophes become sequences of funny characters, some spaces are shown as unprintable characters, etc. The following code just reads and writes a file, and shows the problem. It applies whether I use a String or a StringBuilder, and whether or not I explicitly force UTF-8 encoding. Can somebody just tell me basically how to copy an html file by reading it in and then writing it out, which is all the following meth...

Automatic Files Saves
In previous versions of Excel it was possible to setup periodic automatic saves that would prompt the user to save. I am not looking for the auto-recovery save. Is there an add-in or update that can be installed to do the same thing in Version 2002. ...

Pasword protected Excel file encrypted, how do I read this file?
I password protected an important file. My husband downloaded the Office 2003 upgrade last night. Now when I try to access the file I get this message...This is an Excel file, I don't know why it looks encrypted or why I can't access it. This file is not in a recognizable format. If you know the file is from another program which is incompatible with Microsoft Office Excel, click Cancel, then open this file in its orginal application. If you want to open the file later in Microsoft office Excel, save it in a format that is compatible, such as text format. If you suspect the...

How to convert BMP file to JPG in VC 6?
Dear all, I'm using VC 6.0. Is there any API or class can convert a bmp file to a jpg formated file in MFC or ATL? Thx. Marco There is no API for converting BMP to JPG. You have to code that feature, but there is a free libs for that. Check www.codeproject.com "Marco Hung" <marco@xmlhk.com> wrote in message news:#Yy6Ju8ZDHA.3248@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Dear all, > > I'm using VC 6.0. Is there any API or class can convert a bmp file to a jpg > formated file in MFC or ATL? > > Thx. > Marco > > ...

Outlook signature file
I need to create a signature for a manager I work for. He would like to include the company logo to make it look like his business card. When I attempt to do this, the text will appear but the logo will not. I've seen graphics in auto signatures before, so I believe it can be done. But I'm just not sure how to go about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Lisa ...

how to extract data from csv file? (part 3)
hi dave thanks so much for your advice and help... i really appreciate it... i have tried your method to change the separator as u said but in fact, mine was already set to the us standard... i run the command again but again the data is all in one column... i know i can record a macro to do the stuff that i need but because i'm working as an analyst and i have to extract data from any csv files as and when needed and they might not have the same structure and it would be faster and more efficient for me if i can run what i need from just one command... what i tried in my command is to t...

Sorting Columns on HTML file created in Excel
Hi.. I'm not sure if I'm just searching for the wrong words, but can't find the answer to this.. I've created an excel file, about 15 columns.. In excel, I can sort the columns easily, but, I've saved the file as HTML now. How can I make it that those columns can still be sortable on the internet? Is there special code I need to put somewhere? I've seen javascript codes that can do this, but I would like to do it all via excel if possible. Any help appreciated! Thanks, -- Rob Hi Terri and Rob, You could include the JavaScript (Bookmarklet) within your HTML cod...