Date Add

Hey all,

Im trying to do somthing that I am guessing is quite simple.

Im working on a Db that tracks a fleet of rental skiis. Every 2 years these
skis must be tested.
I have a table that tracks all the information about a given pair of skis,
including the date they were last tested. What I am trying to do is have a
feild within that table autocomplete using the [test date] feild, plus 2
years. This new feild would then become the date when the next test was
required.

The Table is called [Ski Info]
The first date feild is [Test date]
the feild I would like to have calculated is [Next test]

Any ideas?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

In the AfterUpdate() event of your [Test Date] field:

Me![Next Test] = DateAdd("yyyy", 2, Me![Test Date])

You should make sure the user entered a valid date first.

If I may make a suggestion, you should try to avoid having spaces in field
or control names.

Steve

"AJ" wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Im trying to do somthing that I am guessing is quite simple.
>
> Im working on a Db that tracks a fleet of rental skiis. Every 2 years these
> skis must be tested.
> I have a table that tracks all the information about a given pair of skis,
> including the date they were last tested. What I am trying to do is have a
> feild within that table autocomplete using the [test date] feild, plus 2
> years. This new feild would then become the date when the next test was
> required.
>
> The Table is called [Ski Info]
> The first date feild is [Test date]
> the feild I would like to have calculated is [Next test]
>
> Any ideas?

add a data label
How do i add a data label for my y-axis on a line graph created in word? I presume the Word chart has been created with MS Chart? If so Double-click to activate the edit mode for the chart, then choose Chart, Chart Options, Data Labels.. If the chart is an Excel Object then you use the same steps. -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "dragonfly" wrote: > How do i add a data label for my y-axis on a line graph created in word? ...

sales line detail window-after updating the request Ship Date-also
I am also using manufacturing, when you change the requested ship date, you get a window asking: You can update the In House due date, What is the name of this window in modifer? I would like to modify this form, so the No button is disables, I want to make sure they always click 'yes' How do I find this form in modifer? the form name is just 'Microsoft GP Dynamics' thanks -- Doug ...

how do i add all my suggested contacts to my contacts list?
How do i add all of my suggested contacts to my plain old contact list? Are you asking about a beta? http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/faqs/default.aspx -- Russ Valentine "Teagan" <Teagan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7812B8CF-1713-48FD-AA3D-0F27BFCF8597@microsoft.com... > How do i add all of my suggested contacts to my plain old contact list? CTRL+A to select all of them then just drag and drop... -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Aut...

Posting Date used in Revenue Expense Deferral
I have a PM Invoice with Document Date 16/11/2009 and Posting Date of 01/12/2009. Entered Deferral details starting 01/12/2009. In GL the deferral charges commence 01/12/2009 and are all as expected. The Credit entry for the full invoice is posted to GL with posting date of 01/12/2009. The problem I have is that the Debit entry for the full invoice amount is posted to the document date of 16/11/2009 and I want it to be the same as the invoice posting date (01/12/2009) Is there a way to do this? Thanks Audrey ...

Data Analysis Plus Add-In
My Data Analysis Plus add-in has disappeared. I had it installed at one time, but now it is gone. I've attempted to reinstall the add-in several times and rebooted each time, but to no avail. Running XP Pro and Office Pro software. Any ideas? Thanks, MJ You probably have done this but .... have you looked at Tools/Addins . there is a Browse button in case Excel cannot find it ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Can excell notify me of due dates?
If I have due dates on my worksheet can I set something up so that I am notified on these dates? I've used this to help me. http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html "Deion007" wrote: > If I have due dates on my worksheet can I set something up so that I am > notified on these dates? ...

Pivot Chart: Stop skipping Dates on X-Axis
I have a pivot chart which pulls 2 pieces of information from one table 1 and 1 from Table 2. All three entries are included for each day. Except somedays which may have only the one piece of data from Table 2 or none at all. How do I get the table to automatically fill in all the days whether they have information or not? =?Utf-8?B?UHJpbmNl?= <Prince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:A5EF53AB-6063-434F-BFC3-43259301751D@microsoft.com: > I have a pivot chart which pulls 2 pieces of information from one > table 1 and 1 from Table 2. All three entries are included for &...

Excel date changes
I have created a spreadsheet using excel which requires the use dates on a monthly basis (similar to a calendar). The problem I have is that every month I have to go in and change the dates on the spreadsheet to reflect those of the current month before printing. Is there a way I can make it so that excel does that for me every month. Thanks, I'd really appreciate the input. Please elaborate on what the spreadsheet looks like. "phonescoop@hotmail.com" wrote: > I have created a spreadsheet using excel which requires the use dates > on a monthly basis (similar to a cal...

Dates #12
I have a rather looooong list of dates (mm/dd/yy). In a column beside it I want just month and year so I can, for example, find all books sold in a month range. Can you help? NO need where rngA has your dates and rngB is a count of the sales =sumproduct((year(rngA)=2004)*(month(rngA)=8)*(rngB)) to sum rngC if it had the price total for each date =sumproduct((year(rngA)=2004)*(month(rngA)=8)*rngC) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Lyndie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83fd01c48543$7d211680$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a ...

Auto Add-on?
Is There a way to get a dialog box to come up with a specifc item asking if an add on item would like to be purchased? For example... When a designer dress SKU is entered a dialog box pops up and asks if the customer would like to purchase a custom printed garment bag for $5.00. Then press yes to add the additional item and no if not? Thanks Scott, The best you can do out of the box is item messages which will only prompt the cashier, not actually add the item. If you are interested in having this functionality we could certainly design a custom solution for you. For more inform...

can i see the date the last time a cell was changed?
I am trying to figure out a formulla to make the date appear in one cell everytime anouther cell's data is chaged. Use a worksheet_change event to copy the cell address and put in a date stamp. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "JohnNuTek" <JohnNuTek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5085A544-CBF4-4B81-A244-B03DE9A0E9E6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to figure out a formulla to make the date appear in one cell > everytime anouther cell's data is chaged. There really isn't a worksheet formula to do that. Typicall...

if statement with dates #2

Add values in a column according to value in another column
How can I add the values in a column according to values in another column? If there is any value in a row in column B, I want to include the value of the corresponding row in column A. I'm flexible as to whether this is ANY value (i.e. not empty) or greater than zero. Hi Paul Maybe something like this =IF(B1="","",IF(B1>0,B1+A1)) Regards Cimjet "Paul Kaye" <paulmjkaye@gmail.com> wrote in message news:05befaf3-9ba8-48c8-aebb-654f0269d1dc@34g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > How can I add the values in a column according to values in another > colu...

Change the format of my footer {date} option?
I would like to show the date in my footer as January 25, 2005 instead of the default 01/25/05 Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.LeftFooter = Format(Date, "mmmm dd, yyyy") End With End Sub put this in the ThisWorkbook code module. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Tori" <Tori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:817363F1-32AB-4528-B1D6-304F8E712EA8@microsoft.com... > I would like to show the date in my footer as January 25, 2005 instead of the &g...

How to add newsreader to Outlook 2003 with SP1?
I'm trying to follow the instructions of Start the newsgroup reader. But I cannot find the News command in the command list of the Go menu. I'm using Outlook 2003 with SP1. Thanks. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No button. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com&...

sorting activities for each lead/contact by actual end dates
When I view the activities associated with each lead and contacts, the actual end date are not shown. Does anyone know how I can dispaly this field? The activities list in workplace does show the actual end dates but we'd like to see that when we access the list through indivial contact/lead record. Thanks, Victoria Hi Victoria, There is no good out of the box way to do this in MSCRM today. We're working hard to fix this for v2.0. Many of our customers have worked around this issue by registering for a post call out on the activity creation, and then having a custom object wh...

Pasted fractions converted to dates
I'm trying to copy a table containing text, decimals and fractions from a word table into excel. How can i stop the fractions from becoming dates when pasted? ie. 1-5/8 becomes 1/5/2008 and 9/16 becomes 16-Sep. Its the hyphen that is causeing the trouble. A fraction in Excel has the form 1 5/8 with a space between the integer and the fractional parts Can you get rid of the hyphen in the Word doc? best wishes Bernard "Jon_C" <JonCCrouch@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1192110561.240426.147550@o3g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > I'm trying to copy a table containin...

Add Text Together for Report
I tried to search for this one but not sure how to word it. What I am trying to figure out is how to make a report that adds all the text from a query together and displays it in one field. For example: I have a table that gets me the following data. deconid logdate log 14 12/06/2007 This is just a test 14 12/07/2007 yes.. This is a log 14 12/08/2007 Yet a log number three 14 12/09/2007 This is number 4 I would like it to display this data in a report like this: With DeconID 14, "12/09/2007- This is number 4 ~ 12/08/2007- yes.. Yet a log number three ~ 12/07/2007-...

Auto copy dates from one cell to another
I have a multiple page worksheet. In A8 is for the Employee Name and in B8 is for the date. I would like for this information to automatically be placed at A96 and B96 which is the top of the second page within the worksheet and so on for the remainder of the pages. Position cursor in cell A96 and enter the formula: =A$8, and in B96 the formula =B$8 Copy these two cells to the appropriate cells on the other "pages" of your worksheet. Pete Hi Kelly, In cell A96 you fill out the formula =A8 In cell B96 you fill out the formula =B8 this formula tells excel to take the val...

counting dates <= 7 days ago based on criteria in a diff column
I have a spreadsheet that holds all tasks for a project. Column D holds a catagory and column Q holds the date closed. I need a formula (on a separate sheet) that counts all tasks of a specific category that were closed in the past 7 days. I already have a formula that calculates all tasks that were closed in the past 7 days, just need to add the additional criterion of the category. Hi, Try this =sumproduct((sheet1!D2:D30=A2)*((today()-sheet1!Q2:Q30)=7)) A2 on sheet2 has the specific category for which you want to count the closed tasks -- Regards, Ashish Mathur...

Opening an old Word document, date changed to current date
When I open old Word documents, the date gets automatically changed to the current date and I can't view the date that the document actually had. I am using MS Office 2007, but the old document was created in Word 2003. I can see the date that the file was last modified in the details of the file, but I cant guarantee that the date of the document is the same as the date last modified for the file. Press Alt+F9 to toggle the field code display and edit the DATE field code to read CREATEDATE. Then Alt+F9 to toggle back and F9 to update. The date displayed will be the date th...

add public folder calendar to multiple user accounts favorite calendar list. 06-22-10
hey all, i need to add a public folder calendar to multiple user accounts "favorites" calendar list (shows as other calendars) in outlook 2007. i know, from outlook, you can right click and add to favorite to add it to an individual user's "other calendars" but i need to do this for a group of people. is there any way in exchange, gpo, or something to do this automatically based on group membership, etc.? thanks in advance. shrpshtr ...

Modifying Date Range
I need to modify the expression: Between [Forms].[frmReport].[StartDate] And [Forms].[frmReport].[EndDate] Is there a way to modify the expression above so that: [StartDate] mm/dd/yyyy mm=01, dd =01, and yyyy= one year earlier and [EndDate] mm/dd/yyyy mm= the month entered, dd= the day entered, and yyyy= one year earlier A date is entered into [StartDate] and [EndDate] from the form “frmReport” in the format of mm/dd/yyyy. Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 03:08:18 GMT, pushrodengine via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I need to mo...

how do i add the same text after current text in multiple cells
I have about 500 cells in 1 column where i need to add the same email address domain for example - cell A2 reads Sue, cell A3 reads Bob, cell A4 reads Tom (on down for about 500 cells). I need to simply add @thislocation.com to each of them - so I wants A2 to read Sue@thislocation.com, A3 to read Bob@thislocation.com, A4 to read Tom@thislocation.com - help? I also need each of these cells to be active email links. (which u can't get if you add the @thislocation.com to each cell - you have to add it in the formula area at the top). Thanks One way =HYPERLINK("mailto:"&am...

Date not coming up!
Hi, I am trying to get results in a query using the between two dates. (ie between 1/1/2008 and 1/31/2008) The date is formated in date plus time. (ie 1/31/2008 10:27:16 AM) Everytime I try to get the dates for Jan for some reason 1/31/2008 will not come up in the results. I have 5 fields that need to show but are not. In the past I have had not problem but since I got my new computer I can not get the results. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have Access 2002. The problem is that 1/31/2008 10:27:16 AM is after 1/31/2008 00:00:00. (midnight). All dateTime fields in Access h...