Date activated query!

If my tblHorseInfo has these fields HorseID.Number, DateAlert.Date/Time ,
AlertInfo.Text
How would I design the query to show this on the Date Set
I am going to have a Listbox [ListAlert]on my Main Menu that will be visible
when there is a record to Show
Me.ListAlert.Visible = IIf(Me.ListAlert.ListCount = 0, False, True) showing
these 3 fields

--
Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob
MS Access 2007 accdb

0
Bob
2/16/2010 9:19:57 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

"Bob Vance" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> If my tblHorseInfo has these fields HorseID.Number, DateAlert.Date/Time ,
> AlertInfo.Text
> How would I design the query to show this on the Date Set
> I am going to have a Listbox [ListAlert]on my Main Menu that will be
> visible when there is a record to Show
> Me.ListAlert.Visible = IIf(Me.ListAlert.ListCount = 0, False, True)
> showing these 3 fields
>
> --
> Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob
> MS Access 2007 accdb
> Windows  XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3

Ok worked it out :)
SELECT tblHorseInfo.HorseID, tblHorseInfo.MemoDate, tblHorseInfo.MemoText
FROM tblHorseInfo
WHERE (((tblHorseInfo.MemoDate)<Now()) AND ((tblHorseInfo.MemoText) Is Not
Null));

0
Bob

How do I sort a list of dates in Excel by month and day?
I have a list of birthdate in excel (imported from another program). I would like to be able to sort this list by month and day (for a "birthday list"). Any suggestions? If the data are really dates, you could use a helper column filled with this kind of formula: =text(a2,"mmdd") And sort by that. Caroline wrote: > > I have a list of birthdate in excel (imported from another program). I would > like to be able to sort this list by month and day (for a "birthday list"). > Any suggestions? -- Dave Peterson Lets assume Names are in column A a...

change date in a sql statement from a cell
Hello, I am using Excel 2007 I have a pivot table that gets refresh everyday. The data from the pivot table is based on a sql statement, which the data is connected to a AS/400 table. Here is my problem every morning I go in the connection properties and change the SQLstatement (date) in the command text. I don't want my user to do this. What other option can I do? I was thinking change the date in a cell (A1) and somehow the SQL statement picks up the new date or maybe some sort of parameter, but I am clueless in how to do this. Any tips or website to visit I will a...

sales line item workflow and process holds and requested ship date
It would be nice if we could set up workflow tracking per line item as well as assign process holds per line item in Sales Trx Entry. It would also be nice to have the abilility to fulfill all items on an order through a specified requested ship date and leave items with future requested ship dates unfulfilled. Then to be able to transfer and ship items that have been fulfilled without having to fulfill those with future requested ship dates. Right now I have to backorder those items that have future requested ship dates just so I can transfer and fulfill the other items on the order...

column query
Greetings I am trying to return a value in a column of a table based on a value in a cell in the same row but different column. For example, column A is a list of names, column B is a list of scores. In a separate area i want to display the highest score with the name of the person that achieved it. I've tried using MAX to display the highest score but cannot think of a way to show who this value relates to in column A. Does this make sense? Many thanks for any help Assuming: col A = Names, col B = scores data from row2 down and there's *no ties* for the maximum score If you h...

Query to extract
I am trying to find a solution to the following. I have a Table with thousands of records that look like the following: "CN=ExchangeService I want my QUERY to extract everything to the RIGHT of the "=" sign In the example above.....I want to endup with ExchangeService Can anyone help me solve this?? Thanks Warren Phillips On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 14:42:00 -0800, WDP wrote: > I am trying to find a solution to the following. I have a Table with > thousands of records that look like the following: > > "CN=ExchangeService > > I want my QUERY to extra...

Email Activity
We are receiving the following error message when accessing an email activity in CRM 4.0 from a few laptops (javascript error appears) and attempting to change tabs on the record... <CrmScriptErrorReport> <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion> <ScriptErrorDetails> <Message>Object expected</Message> <Line>1</Line> <URL>/ Org&#47;activities&#47;email&#47;edit.aspx&#63;id&#61;&#123;6746A358-7BB5- DD11-9BEF-00064F5FE13D&#125;</URL> <PageURL>...

How to create treeview active control as another activex control's child?
I want to create an activex control who will wrap a treeview active control but has some its own logic. I don't know how to create it and how to set its position and size. say,if I want my active control's size is the same as the treeview active control. Any idea ? Thanks ...

Error in update query
Hi everyone, I have the following query to update a table but it returns an error that sounds something like that: <It's not possible to repete the name of table "T_CC_comune" in the FROM clause>. (My Access version is in Italian) What is wrong? UPDATE T_CC_comune, T_CC_comune SET T_CC_comune.Causale = "STIPENDIO GLORIA", T_CC_comune.[Centro Costo] = "stipendio gloria" WHERE (((T_CC_comune.Causale) Like "*stipendio*") AND ((T_CC_comune.Descrizione) Like "*gloria*") AND ((T_CC_comune.[Data Operazione]) Between Date() And DateAdd(...

Increment Within Query
Db has client and client account tables. Client is given id (DbPrefix), client account is given id (DbIDSuffix) so each sale is identified as 123-2 (DbPrefix-DbSuffix)...client123, account 2 for that sale's client. Form and subform are based on queries. Here's what I'd like to do: have the query for subform automatically apply the next appropriate DBIDSuffix. In other words, if a new account is added to a pre-existing client I want the query to automatically input the correct suffix number for the new account. tia, CKerns Hi, Hmmm…. I would start something l...

Activities Follow-Up Problem
When I create a new phone call activity through the activities of a Lead, the Sender, Recipient and Phone Number fields are populated. However, when I create a phone call using the "Follow-Up" option from within the lead or another activity, that information does not come over . This is a real pain, because the beauty of the "Follow-Up" feature is that you don't have to go back to the activity list to add calls. Any Ideas why this happends ? Thanks Hi Carlos, I know that's the pain and I have seen that problem before at different clients. first I think t...

Query Text in the Mid of a memo
I am trying to query off a memo field [Description] the text that follows "User Name: " until the first space the "User Name: " is not in the same position nor is the text of the user name a fixed size. I am working with an InStr function but I don't know how to stop at the " " after the name. Thanks so much for any help. AngieSD wrote: >I am trying to query off a memo field [Description] the text that follows >"User Name: " until the first space the "User Name: " is not in the same >position nor is the text of the user n...

Local OLAP cubes in Excel/MS Query
Hi Can someone please recommend some good book or web page about creating local OLAP cubes using MS Query. I have some data in Access that I want to work with using cubes. Kind regards IgorM http://wang.se/en/CreateOLAPCube.html/ Ed Ferrero Hi Thanks for response. Unfortunately I still don't know if the show-details-after-double-click feature is available in pivottables linked to OLAP cubes. I tried all three connection types. With the two first options (rebuild at once and rebuild when needed) I still cannot make the pivot table to create a sheet on the fly and provide detai...

Groups in Active Directory
I have group of people in a OU named processing. My Processing Manager is asking to use that address publically, or processing@mydomain.com, and access to the mailbox be granted to all of our processors. Secondly, this processing OU is also used for a security group that has permissions all over the network. Is there a way to get around this or do I have to recreate the OU with a slightly different name and then create and user called processing? Any help appreciated. Hi Chuy There is no problems having a User or Group with the same name as an OU. You say this OU is being used for...

Active sync/Outlook
Do I really have to have Office Outlook downloaded to use Active synce to back up my files from my smart phone? Or is Outlook Express the same thing? Somehow my contact list has found it's way onto Outlook Express with out me doing anything that I know of. The tech people at the phone company say Outllook Express is nothing and I have to have Office Outlook downloaded. Version of Windows? Active sync doesn't work with Outlook Express but if you use Vista, the sync center should work with Vista's Mail. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://...

Text Field Validation Rule for Date
Hi, I have a RESPONSE field on my table. This field is set up as a text field (I do not want to change it due to specific requirements)- however, I'd like to set up a validation rule to determine whether or not it is a valid date: mm/dd/yyyy. What should I input in the validation rule? Thanks I do not think it is possible at table level but in your data entry form us AfterUpdate event and IsDate function. -- Build a little, test a little. "shm135" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a RESPONSE field on my table. This field is set up as a text > fiel...

Calculating Dates, PlEASE HELP! THANKS!
Ok, If I want to calculate the difference of a date with the following date in Access: so 3/29/08 in cell A1 and 5/3/08 in cell A2 and return the value in B1 of 35. How do I do this? Thanks! In Excell the formula looks like this: =IF(+A1-A2>0,A1-A2,0) Is this an Access question? If so, then post you table and field names with datatype, sample data, and what you want the results to look like. -- Build a little, test a little. "kritter0021" wrote: > Ok, If I want to calculate the difference of a date with the following date > in Access: ...

need some help with: formatting of x2 dates in 1 cell
Hi and thanks to anyone who reads this. I have a worksheet which contains two columns of dates. In a second worksheet i have a column which adds the two dates together as TEXT and ommits dates which are blank which works perfectly, however: I would like to know how i could format each of the 2 dates in the 1 cell to have different font colors? Here is my existing cell formula: =IF('Data'!E2=0,"",(TEXT('Data'!E2,"dd/mm/yy"))&" "&IF('Data'!F2=0,"",TEXT('Data'!F2,"dd/mm/yy"))) I have a feeling its not...

Private Activity
Hi, is it possible to "make private" (for the owner) an activity ? I.e. that others users can't read it even if they can read/modify the object for which that activity has been created ? Thanks for help, regards. Dominique Szczudlak no - only the crm security can do this ie determine if you have read privelages or not -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Dominique Szczudlak" <dszczudlak@NOaxialogSPAMfr> wrote in message news:OlIV%23zY%23EHA.2568@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, &g...

View query results in MsgBox
I have developed qryQuickLook that brings up rptQuickLook when cmdQuickLook is clicked, everything works great but I would rather see the results (never more than 10 line items) in a MsgBox than have a seperate report window open up. Is there a way to do this? Thanks Dave On Nov 23, 11:00 pm, Duane Hookom <duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com> wrote: > Why "MsgBox"? You can display the results in a dialog form with a command > button or two. > > -- > Duane Hookom > Microsoft Access MVP > > > > "maces...@gmail.com" wrote: > > I have deve...

Report based on parameter query
I have a report that is based on an ordinary parameter query (i.e. right now it pops up dialogs asking for three values that it needs for its where clause). I use this query in several places, so I don't want to make the parameters dependent on specific form controls, which is the only information I've been able to find on google on feeding parameters in a report query's Recordsource. What I actually want to happen is to make a button in the main switchboard which, when pressed, will look up those values in a different query I already have and then use those to populate th...

Problem with date in user form
Hello, I create user form for database that contain dates in one column. But when I fill user form it copy the date in the database column like text and the formulas related to this cells dosen't work.The cells in the column are formated like dates. How to solve this problem? Ivo Ivo, Use DateValue to convert the text to a date, like: DataBaseCell.Value = DateValue(me.TextBox1.Text) HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Ivo_69" <Ivo_69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA7115AD-3107-4151-AF21-1089D3C30AF3@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I create user form f...

Email using Workflows when a Activity created for a Case
Hi We need to create an Email using Workflow when an activity is created for a Case. If any one have worked on this , please revert back. Thanks in advance If you have to check for a specific case then you can do some thing like When Task is created if Task.Regarding = ABC: Case then Send Email: To [owner]; subject abc.. end if if you are trying to send email if a task is created for any case then you will have to write a .net assembly action to retrieve the task and check its regarding object type. "KIRAN" wrote: > Hi > We need to create an Email using Workfl...

Text with Dates
in cell A1 i have some text. in cell B1 i have a date. how do I get Excel to display both the text and the date. I've tried: Dim olDate As Range Dim olText As Range Set olDate = Sheet1.Cells.Item(1,"A") Set olText = Sheet1.Cells.Item(1,"B") ..Subject= olText +" - " + olDate I was hoping to get something like "text - 6/9/05" in the subject bar, but everytime I do this i get a run time error. i've tried replacing the date with text and it works just fine, and i've also tried just the date cell and it works fine. the problem comes up when i...

Query to Compare Actual and Budget
One table defines budget (each one has a unqiue ID) Another table defines employees (each one has a unique ID) Another table defines tasks (each one has a unique ID) Another table records budgeted time by project, task, employee Another table records actual time by project, task, employee I created one query which will total up the budgeted time by project and employee (so if an employee was assigned multiple tasks on the same project, you'll just get one total for that employee for that project). I created another query which will total up actual time byt project and employee (so if an e...

date #5
Hi Peeps Many thanks in advance for any help/ advice that you can give me I am trying to construct a simple database in Excel to track sales and payments made Is there a way to use conditional formatting/or any other tool to highlight payment due not yet received by referecing it to the date on my computer i.e the date on my computer is 6th June 2004, payment was due 30th May 2004, I would like the cell that has the due date to be highlighted Best Regards Yinka Yinka Format>Conditional Formatting>Cell Value is: less than =TODAY() Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 14:51:02 ...