Database will not work on another pc?

I have a database (with some VBA modules) that I gave to someone else to look
at. The databse works fine on my pc and I have installed in on three other
boxes and they all worked fine.
His pc, for some reason, first give a "Compile error" when he starts to run
the application. I think asked him to look at the module (to see if I could
help him debug) and he gets a message that says the module is locked? Plus
under tools the references is grayed out?
Anyone have any ideas whay this would happen on a certain pc? All of the
pc's are running XP. It is a 2003 database running on office 03.
Thanks for your help.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 13:27:01 -0800, AJ <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a database (with some VBA modules) that I gave to someone else to look
>at. The databse works fine on my pc and I have installed in on three other
>boxes and they all worked fine.
>His pc, for some reason, first give a "Compile error" when he starts to run
>the application. I think asked him to look at the module (to see if I could
>help him debug) and he gets a message that says the module is locked? Plus
>under tools the references is grayed out?
>Anyone have any ideas whay this would happen on a certain pc? All of the
>pc's are running XP. It is a 2003 database running on office 03.
>Thanks for your help.

Did you give him the original .mdb file - or a .mde? In the latter, the module
would be compiled and not editable, and the references would indeed be locked
down.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
2/5/2008 4:25:14 AM
Hi John - No I gave him the original mdb file? Can it have anything to do
with the digital signature. I added on when I created the database but when
he goes into the visual basic editor, tools, there is NO digital signature
field??
Also when he opens the database, it does not prompt him telling him that the
database is from an unknown source. Any ideas??

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 20:44:00 -0800, AJ <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi John - No I gave him the original mdb file? Can it have anything to do
>with the digital signature. I added on when I created the database but when
>he goes into the visual basic editor, tools, there is NO digital signature
>field??
>Also when he opens the database, it does not prompt him telling him that the
>database is from an unknown source. Any ideas??

What version? What operating systems (on both machines)?

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
2/5/2008 6:02:32 AM
John I am confused. We both have XP on our machines.
I have office 2003 but when I go to make an MDE file, it states that I need
to convert it to 2003 before I do that? If I have 2003 why would it have
created in 2000? I then convert to 2003 and I think that is why he is having
trouble on his pc because he has 2002?
I am a complete novice with all this stuff and am really confused as to what
to do. Any suggestions? Should I jsut tell him to upgrade to 2003? Would that
fix it? How come you cannot make an MDE in 2002 version?
Thanks a ton John!

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 05:34:00 -0800, AJ <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>John I am confused. We both have XP on our machines.
>I have office 2003 but when I go to make an MDE file, it states that I need
>to convert it to 2003 before I do that? If I have 2003 why would it have
>created in 2000? I then convert to 2003 and I think that is why he is having
>trouble on his pc because he has 2002?
>I am a complete novice with all this stuff and am really confused as to what
>to do. Any suggestions? Should I jsut tell him to upgrade to 2003? Would that
>fix it? How come you cannot make an MDE in 2002 version?
>Thanks a ton John!

Access 2000, 2002 and 2003 all default to creating databases in 2000 format.
There is also a 2002/2003 format (they are identical).

There is a quirk with MDE's though: although 2002/3 can and will create mdb's
in 2000 format, they will NOT create mde's in that format. You must convert
(using tools... convert on the menu) to 2002/3 format before making the mde.

I really don't think this is why your friend can't use the database though! If
it's a mdb, and if they have full retail Access, they should be able to do so;
there is something else going on.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

Can I import or convert a works database into access?
Hello, Is it possible to either import or convert a works database into Access? thanks Mysterious as it may be, Access and Works can't talk to one another. What you can do is export your data from Works to another format that Access can understand (.txt, .csv or .dbf), and then import it into Access. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "prismlight" <prismlight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:100FF8D3-3E37-4D2C-8D85-ACF269A914BC@microsoft.com... > Hello, > Is it possible to either import or conver...

pc crashed, can't remember password
Motherboard fried so I hooked my dire up to another pc to recover my data and money file. Problem is now when I import the .mny file it is asking for a password. I have no idea what it is. On my old PC I just opened money and it popped up without a password prompt. Any ideas how to recover from this beside starting from scratch again? In microsoft.public.money, dannyv_1964 wrote: >Motherboard fried so I hooked my dire up to another pc to >recover my data and money file. Problem is now when I >import the .mny file it is asking for a password. I have >no idea what it is....

Filtering by combo does not work
Hello experts: Here is the data property of my combo box: Control Source: SupName Row source Type: Table/Query Rouw Source: SELECT Suppliers.SupName FROM Suppliers; Bound Column: 1 Here is my event property on Click: Private Sub SupName_Click() Filter = "[SupName]" FilterOn = True The above does not work on my filtering by combo box. This is to filter by supplier in my main form. I plan not to use filtering by form on the tool bar, because I plan to have the next filter in my subform using similar to Northwind of access of "Customer Phone List" whi...

Conflict wih Database Language Version 1.2.0151 when installing RM
Has anyone found a solution when facing a "Version Mismatch: This application requires language database 1.08 and the language database file you are using is version 1.2.0151..." I am installing RMS on a HP Win XP Media Center. I did not face this issue when installing it on a Sony Win XP Media Center. Tried looking in the "Add/Remove Software" but can't find an update to uninstall in order to fall back to the previous version. Any suggestions and / or known solution will be highly appreciated. Thanks! Are you installing this for a live database ? The current ...

Automatic completion of emails and nicknames doesn't work in Outlook 2002
Hi, Recently I moved from OE to Outlook 2002 but I have problem - when I type e-mail addresses Outlook doesn't automatically complete it. I searched microsoft support and I found this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287623/ but it doesn't resolve my problem. Could someone help me with this? Svilen Pachedzhiev, you wrote on Mon, 26 Mar 2007 14:47:45 +0300: > Recently I moved from OE to Outlook 2002 but I have problem - when I type > e-mail addresses Outlook doesn't automatically complete it. See if http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287854/en-us helps. Also, http://s...

Transfering data from one spreadsheet to another.
I have a spreadsheet that is created by a program I use at work. I run this report weekly and there are hundreds of loads each week. The spreadsheet has the info I need but not in the right format. I need to know if there is a way to pull this info into another spreadsheet in the format I am looking for without a bunch of copying and pasteing. He is an example of what the report looks like Load# Destination Charge Desc. Charges Total 12345 Columbus, OH Fuel $100 $300 12345...

Will Money 2004 Deluxe work after I install XP SP2?
I am reluctant to install XP SP2 on my computer (I am the "administrator") out of fear that I won't be able to access my Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe program and data file after I do. So, before I take the plunge, I'd like to know that others have isntalled SP2 and still been able to open their Microsoft Money program and data file successfully. Is this going smoothly out there? Thanks. XPSP2 is on my laptop and I've used Money from there once since there with no issues. I'm not upgrading the desktop until ISO Recorder gets its update. "Chuck Leven" &l...

Order By not working under IIS7/Access database
Simple query, ordered by dDateField desc, cCharField asc, nNumericField asc. Irrespective of whether I have the "ASC" keywords in there, it's behaving as though the query is specifying DESC on all three order fields. Anyone notice this in IIS7? Tried multiple variations, no go. Thoughts? Steve ...

Media Sharing isn't working
Hi, I'm having a problem sharing media with anything from my media player. When I go to the media sharing window (click "Library" then click "media sharing") If I check the box for allow media sharing then push OK, my computer lags for 10-20 seconds, then the OK button becomes active again like I never pressed it. It never offers me a list of devices I can connect to or even change the setting to allow sharing. Any advise would be very helpful. I'm connecting to an Xbox if that matters. Thanks. -Jordan In WMP,click on tools,options,security ta...

Outlook will not show mail
Hello I have installed outlook 2007 including business manager. Today I added my mail address as an IMAP account and it worked fine, however, I have the following problems now: 1) The IMAP is not the standard account which means that the system has made a seperate account for me which I do not need 2) Since I closed down Outlook this afternoon and reopened it the system writes "Messaging has returned an unknown mistake. If problem continues close outlook". Further it says it cannot show letter heads for my account. I have talked to my host supplier and I have f...

Spreadsheet Printing and Displaying on one pc in Blue Ink
One of our users is still having trouble with an Excel spreadsheet. It is printing in blue ink on his pc and black on everyone elses. I modified the spreadsheet cell colors to black instead of automatic and it still prints blue on his. I had him check his palette to make sure black was highlighted as the default color and he said it was. He also told me that he is able to print in black ink using other applications on his PC, so he isn't out of black ink. Any suggestions? Thanks! Ken K. - 2191 -- akkrug After discussing with HP Tech Support, We just selected print to graysca...

form submission does not work
The form submission does not work when publishing a web site in Publisher 2003. I used 4 different hosts and now use bcentral. To their credit, they are the only host willing to make changes to my html to get it to work. When you use the form in Publisher, then publish the web site, the form will not work unless the entire site is imported into frontpage then resubmitted. Bcentral does this for me every time I re-publish the web site. My site is 1stcourses.com. I know it does not work because I tried several different forms and used 4 different hosts using microsoft servers. This n...

works 4.5 files to 2002 Excel
How do you convert Works 4.5 files so they can be used in excel? I have Excel 2002 In Works 5 there are various Excel options under File -- Save As -- (Save As Type). V4.5 shouldn't be much different. Rgds, Andy ...

when i installed windows xp my publisher (98) will no longer work
when i installed windows xp my publisher (98) will no longer work. i tried to install and it says it has installed but when i open it it says i have to reinstall it..... It should install just fine. Create a separate folder on your hard driver. Turn off your anti-virus software before you install or install in safe mode. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Dixie" <Dixie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2A7CEB8-1ED7-426B-8001-D2DD5856486D@microsoft.com... > when i installed windows x...

How to transfer email hyperlink to another cell
I have an email hyperlink in cell A1. I want the same email address to automatically go into C1 and have it be a clickable hyperlink just link A1 is. Obvioulsy, I can formulate C1 as =A1 but the problem is that it is not a clickable hyperlink. Paul PS - I am not familiar with macros. How about: =hyperlink(a1) or =hyperlink("mailto:" & a1) depending on what's in A1. Peepster wrote: > > I have an email hyperlink in cell A1. I want the same email address to > automatically go into C1 and have it be a clickable hyperlink just link A1 is. > > Obvioulsy,...

Data From One Sheet to Another
I'm trying to set up my home based business ans keep track of stock et. I've set up a workbook with several worksheets. The first shows all the product purchased, columns for:- Date: Invoice #: Quantity: Product Descript: A/Ship (mandatory monthly purchase): Personal: Retail: ReSale: Promo: Shipping: Other: Cost: Each of the other sheets id dedicated to one of the catagories, i.e. A/Ship, Retail, Promo etc. To save entering each invoice a couple of times, how can I get Excell to populate the additional sheets when I enter the data in the first? Hi Richard There are many w...

When will Microsoft Money 2006 for PocketPC be Available?
I keep looking for the download and it is well over a month since Microsoft Money 2006 has been released. Where in the world is the Microsoft Money 2006 for Pocket PC download? I'm assuming you've been here: http://www.microsoft.com/money/MoneyForHandHeldDevices.mspx Still not released... I'm a bit perturbed as well. That is exactly the site that I continue to check. "David" wrote: > I'm assuming you've been here: > http://www.microsoft.com/money/MoneyForHandHeldDevices.mspx > > Still not released... I'm a bit perturbed as well. > >...

How to call a function from another workbook
Dear sir, how can i call a function or procedure that contained in another workbook ? thanks Joe Hi When you want to use an UDF or procedure in several workbooks, then save it into a module of Personal Macro Workbook (Personal.xls, it's created automatically, when you select Personal Macro Workbook as destination to save a newly-created macro, and later is loaded automatically whenever you start Excel). -- Arvi Laanemets (When sending e-mail, use address arvil<At>tarkon.ee) "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF3EABAE-6751-4917-88F1-1A5...

Another HARD VLOOKUP Problem, can it be done ?
A hard problem with VLOOKUP ! Have serveral lines with Names/Adresses/Zip and a Cell with Codes of my Family in Excel 2003. I want to search it with VLOOKUP and one Cell of the found data must than be viewed in a Horizontal way. Example: VLOOKUP finds seven adresses with different codes T 3 T 2 G 4 E 7 W 4 The question is how do i get this data Horizontal like this : T 3 - T 2 - G 4 - E 7 - W 4 ( - = next Cell) How do i do that ? Is "=TRANSPOSE" an option and will it work with "VLOOKUP" ? Anybody ? > Example: VLOOKUP finds seven adresses...

Outlook will not show Cyrillic letters in e-mail
I have been using Outlook Express ver.6. as my e-mail reader. I get a lot of Russian e-mail, besides Norwegian and English, and my Outlook Express has no problem handling the Russian alphabet. Now I have started using Outlook 1997 because of the calendar, contacts, appointments etc. But when I try to use Outlook as a e- mail reader as well, it will not display Russian characters, instead it displays question marks. And I can find no way of choosing different character sets in Outlook, while it is quite easy in the menues of Outlook Express. I have therefore been forced to continue to ...

Made an audio from Producer; file will not open in Windows Media
I recorded an audio with Microsoft Producer, at the end of the recording I saved the file in an audio folder. When I see the file in Producer it appears as a Windows Media [.wma] file in the folder I had selected. The file has the icon of a WM file and is in a Project within Producer. When I open the file from Microsoft Publisher, it cannot open the file as it soesn't understand the format. I cannot find any reason the file should not open. The odd part is that when you look for .wma files nothing shows up in the file; when you look at All Files [*.*] there the file is and this time...

Copy from one calendar to another in Outlook 2003?
Is there a way to copy all events from one calendar to another in Outlook 2003? I have four different calendars in Outlook and would like to use a different one for default than what I've used in the past. I tried to export from one, exporting as a csv file, and re importing it into the other. It doesn't work. What's prompting this is I started to use Outlook Connector and it seems that the folder that Outlook Connector wants to share on the web is my MSN calendar. Any ideas? Thanks, Sam The default Calendar is the one that belongs to the store where mail is being delivere...

there was a problem connecting to the database engine.
I have winXp with small bus 2003, whenever I fire up outlook I receive "there was a problem connecting to the database engine." I have tried the repair option in control panel/add remove programs but it didn't affect the problem. Thanks Dennis ...

recovery of DB to another servers SG?
Is it possible to recover a mailbox database to another Exchange servers recovery storage group from the same org? I highly doubt it, but my boss wants me to confirm. Thanks. Yes, as long as they are in the same administrative group. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "BigHaig" <BigHAig@aol.com> wrote in message news:tufYf.314$Fy2.264@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net... > Is it possible to recover a mailbox database to another Exchange servers > recovery storage grou...

How to have one year value added to another cell
I have a cell where I date foramtted fill in the date. How to have on another cell the date + one year automatically filled? So, A1 02-04-06 auto: B1 02-04-07 Bart Excel 2003 =DATE(YEAR(A1)+1,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) Bob Umlas Excel MVP "AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1164983094.802613.212520@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com... > I have a cell where I date foramtted fill in the date. > How to have on another cell the date + one year automatically filled? > > So, > > A1 02-04-06 > > auto: > B1 02-04-07 > > > Bart >...