Data into table

Hi all

When I enter date stright into table, I cant find the record with a query,
only if I enetr the record with the related form.

I paid extra attention no to have any mistakes in trms of spelling etc..

What can cause this?

Thanks,

    Tom

0
Tom
5/24/2007 6:05:06 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

you've probably just got the wrong where clause man :)

"Tom" <partner1973@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> When I enter date stright into table, I cant find the record with a query,
> only if I enetr the record with the related form.
>
> I paid extra attention no to have any mistakes in trms of spelling etc..
>
> What can cause this?
>
> Thanks,
>
>    Tom

0
Tom
5/24/2007 6:37:30 PM
Everyone please note that Aaron  Kem.pf is attempting to impersonate one of
our regular posters again.

HTH.
Gunny

See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs.
See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips and tutorials.
Blogs: www.DataDevilDog.BlogSpot.com, www.DatabaseTips.BlogSpot.com
http://www.Access.QBuilt.com/html/expert_contributors2.html for contact
info.

"Tom Wickerath MDB" <tom_wickerath@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> you've probably just got the wrong where clause man :)

no, I checked that well.
"Tom Wickerath MDB" <tom_wickerath@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> you've probably just got the wrong where clause man :)
>

> "Tom" <partner1973@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all
>>
>> When I enter date stright into table, I cant find the record with a
>> query, only if I enetr the record with the related form.
>>
>> I paid extra attention no to have any mistakes in trms of spelling etc..
>>
>> What can cause this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>>    Tom

0
Tom
5/24/2007 6:45:51 PM
It could be that the form is adding data that you do not see. It would be
helpful if you posted the query you are using. Open the query in design view
and then click on View>SQL View. Copy the syntax into your post.

Also include sample data (not real data) you entered into the table that is
not showing.

--
Bill Mosca, MS Access MVP

"Tom" <partner1973@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> When I enter date stright into table, I cant find the record with a query,
> only if I enetr the record with the related form.
>
> I paid extra attention no to have any mistakes in trms of spelling etc..
>
> What can cause this?
>
> Thanks,
>
>    Tom

0
Bill
5/24/2007 7:37:56 PM
Thanks for the response.
I found it, it was an extra space.

Tom
"Bill Mosca, MS Access MVP" <nospam@domain.com> wrote in message
> It could be that the form is adding data that you do not see. It would be
> helpful if you posted the query you are using. Open the query in design
> view and then click on View>SQL View. Copy the syntax into your post.
>
> Also include sample data (not real data) you entered into the table that
> is not showing.
>
> --
> Bill Mosca, MS Access MVP
>

> "Tom" <partner1973@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all
>>
>> When I enter date stright into table, I cant find the record with a
>> query, only if I enetr the record with the related form.
>>
>> I paid extra attention no to have any mistakes in trms of spelling etc..
>>
>> What can cause this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>>    Tom

0
Tom
5/24/2007 7:42:47 PM
Good for you! Next time that happens you will have a headstart on finding
the bug.

--
Bill Mosca, MS Access MVP

> Thanks for the response.
> I found it, it was an extra space.
>
> Tom
> "Bill Mosca, MS Access MVP" <nospam@domain.com> wrote in message
>> It could be that the form is adding data that you do not see. It would be
>> helpful if you posted the query you are using. Open the query in design
>> view and then click on View>SQL View. Copy the syntax into your post.
>>
>> Also include sample data (not real data) you entered into the table that
>> is not showing.
>>
>> --
>> Bill Mosca, MS Access MVP
>>

>> "Tom" <partner1973@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> When I enter date stright into table, I cant find the record with a
>>> query, only if I enetr the record with the related form.
>>>
>>> I paid extra attention no to have any mistakes in trms of spelling etc..
>>>
>>> What can cause this?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>>    Tom

0
Bill

Pivot Tables
Hi, I am having trouble creating a pivot table to show variance between planned vs actual units. Currently my data is broken down into the following fields, Team, Type, Month, Actual Units, Planned Units. I would like the pivot table to show if the current teams are meeting their monthly goals by comparing the planned vs actual units and showing the percentage. Team (all) (page) Month Jan Feb March . . . . . (column) Actual 100 110 90 Planned 90 110 100 Variance 10 0 -10 variance % 11% ...

Two tables, one form
I have a form that I created in AC2003. This form will merge info from two tables. So I assigned Table1 as the source for the form, inserted all of the columns from Table 1. Next, I changed to source for the form to Table2 and again inserted all of the columns from Table2 onto the form. I then changed the name of all Table2 columns to precede it with an "n". i.e. FirstName became nFirstName. All source for those items for Table2 were changed to have no source. Again, the source for the form is Table1. I lookup a row in Table1 in Table2 and if a match is found, ...

Pivot Table
I've a column in a pivottable as 'running total'. I want to add another column 'percent' (not from the data in the source) which will give me percentage of the 'running total' column. That is, for instance: running total percentage 12 34.3% 24 68.6% 35 100.0% Thanks. http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot10.html there are instructions for running total -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Pivot Table" <...

const data type?
Hi, We know that 2.f denotes it's a float while 2L denotes it's a long integer. How to denote a short integer 2? I read relative inform in MSDN (const data type?) but cannot find it now. Please help. Thanks. Tony On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:43:42 -0700, Tony Young <jdt_young@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi, > >We know that 2.f denotes it's a float while 2L denotes it's a long >integer. How to denote a short integer 2? There's no suffix to denote short int literals, but you can use: static_cast<short>(2) Now, the question is, why do you think you ...

Move Outlook data from old PC to new PC
Does anyone have instructions on how to do this? Thanks! Posted here dozens of times each week:=20 http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Ron Hinds asked: | Does anyone have instructions on how to do this? Thanks! Posted several times a day. Never hesitate to read the group before you make us answer it yet again. The file you need is your Personal Folder...

Using Pivot Table to display text values
I am trying to use an Excel Pivot Table to display the associated text data (there is only one value cell for each row and column combination). The data is currently displayed as zeros in the Pivot Table since it is trying to COUNT, rather than just display the text. Is there a way to turn off the Count function without using another formula such as SUM or AVERAGE? Text can't be displayed in the data area of a pivot table. You have to use one of the available summarize options (Count, Sum, etc.), but you could format the cells with white font, so the results aren't visible. ...

Regression
In Excel 2003, I used the Data Analysis Toolkit to perform a linear regression. Does anyone know how I see the variance of each datapoint away from the line of best fit? Tools - data analysis - regression (i dont know if there is an option in this process that will display the data i am looking for) Thanks. WA - The Regression tool has a checkbox for Residuals, in which case it provides Residuals (difference between actual Y and predicted/fitted Y) for each data point. - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com "WA" <WA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

How Can I Prevent Data Entry In Same Category on the Same Date?
Hello... I hope that someone can help me. I have a worksheet for which I randomly enter scores for students in several categories throughout the day. Column Headings: Date StudentName Category1 Category2 Category3, etc. I would like for Excel to display a warning message if I attempt to enter a score in the SAME category on the SAME day. Does anyone know how I may do something like this? Thanks!!! Jessi Jessi, Select the Category1 cells, C2:C10 in this example. The dates are in A2:A10. The following presumes C2 is the active (white) cell of your selection. In Data - Valida...

Data Validation Query:
Hi Guys, First Post. I need help with the following: I have a row of cells that is custom formatted as H:MM 1) Users enter their overtime in hours and minutes (H:MM) What I am trying to do is have data validation that they can only put their overtime H:MM 2) I try and validate their input by going to DATA | VALIDATION | ALLOW | CUSTOM | and custom = H:MM For some reason this will not work. Does anybody know how to get this working? Any Help would be much appreciated. Rgds, Bw --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can choose "Time" from the Allow list...

Converting imported data
Hi all, Apologies if this has been asked before - did a search of the messages but didnt find the info. I have a database of accidents. The entries in the date field are all in the American format, i.e. 11/04/03. I need the UK format, 04/11/03 as my UK PC doesnt recognise these as dates. Is there a quick way of converting this column of over 1000 entries so that I can sort the data? Be gentle - I'm no expert on Excel. Many thanks, Shaun "Shawk" <shaunha@lineone.net.3-guesses> wrote in message news:bo7pi5$ks3$1@sparta.btinternet.com... > Hi all, > > Apolo...

Importing Excel Data
I'm receiving the following error message when I try to import a MS Excel 2007 file into Access 2007 (into a new table): The search key not found on any record. Then it tells me the file will not be imported. I've looked at the Excel file and don't see anything wrong with it -- any suggestions? Thanks! -- Jen Scott Look here: http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/archive/index.php/t-92702.html Seems to be related to indexes. Regards Kevin "Jen Scott" <JenScott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56037922-D70F-41...

Pivot Tables, refreshing with additional data
This is probably obvious, but I can't figure it out or find it anywhere. I have a pivot table. At its simplest, it has "Ink Types" in rows, "Date" in Columns and Sum of "QTY" as data. I have grouped the Date fields by Month and Year This pivot table is based on a table on another sheet that contains specific sales data, with the date in mm/dd/yy format. If I select the specific rows in the data table that contain data, I can create my pivot table and everything is hunky-dory. However, I want to keep adding to this table, as new sales are posted. S...

How do I label data points in a scatter graph
Hello, I am trying to label a data point in a scatter plot but it keeps returning the x value. I'd like to have the store # instead. Basically I have Store #, Acceptance % and $ Value Eligible. Right now I have Acceptance % as my x-value and $ Value Eligible as my y- value. I'd like the plot point to return the store # assoicated with the x and y value. On Oct 26, 8:43 am, Justin <JustinFeh...@iowatelecom.net> wrote: > Hello, I am trying to label a data point in a scatter plot but it > keeps returning the x value. I'd like to have the store # instead. > Basical...

Splitting Data in a cell, left or right of a separator.
I need to split some data in a cell to the right of a separator, which is a colon. eg: "CONSUMABLE:HPC92298X" Would someone be able to point me in the right direction.. many thanks, Ross One way is to use Data > Text to Columns Select the column Click Data > Text to columns (Delimited) Click Next In step 2: Type a colon in the "Other:" box Click Finish -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "ross" <ross_anderson57@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:01AD4975-1539-411E-B5D8-04B569268783@microsoft.c...

Default Data/Log Folder for a SQL Instance?
I know that the default data and log folders for an instance are stored in the registry. I know how to obtain a list of all available SQL Instances on the network using the SqlDataSourceEnumerator static class. But is there a .NET way of getting the default data/log folders for any of the returned instances without accessing the registry of the server the instance resides on? "Joe Cool" <joecool1969@live.com> wrote in message news:da54313f-4aba-4fd7-9390-9b30e58b8422@c36g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... >I know that the default data and log folders for an instance ...

count recurring yes/no type data
I am not sure if this is possible..... I am working in a large spreadsheet containing inventory counts. I want to be able to display if an item is growing over period of months. Is there a way to do a count or something that would return the number of months this would be increasing, 0=no increase, 1=increase? Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Answer 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 4 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 2 =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:F2=1),--(B2:G2=1))+1 -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with g...

How do I fill data into mfc combo-box control in VS2008
In VS6.0, I could simply type in strings each seperated by Alt+Enter. In VS2008, I cannot input strings in property frame. How do I do that? -- Daewon YOON Type each of the strings separated by a semi-colon in the Property "Data". - Shoaib "TheOne" <daewon.yoon@gmail.com> wrote in message news:559afad2-d866-4798-bb0f-f5d59e3887c1@w8g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > In VS6.0, I could simply type in strings each seperated by Alt+Enter. > > In VS2008, I cannot input strings in property frame. How do I do that? > > -- > Daewon YOON > "The...

Can't modify table style
I'm flabbergasted after spending over 30 minutes trying to trouble shoot a table of contents, so I deleted it and tried to create a new table of contents formatted like the one I had before (font properties wise). So I select the table of contents tab on the ribbon (Word 2007), then I select "Insert a tabel of contents..." under the automatic and manual table images above and I want to "modify" the "formal" format, since it's pretty close to what I want except for the font color, type and size. I also want to change the "options&quo...

Roaming Profile Missing data
My roaming profile does not work entirely. Some information from my main computer will not appear on another computer when logging into the same profile account. Tested with text files on desktop. They do not appear. However, they do appear in the server folder. Why are they not replicating to the new desktop? On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 09:08:02 -0700, Dan Mazur <Dan Mazur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My roaming profile does not work entirely. Some information from my main >computer will not appear on another computer when logging into the same >profile account. Tes...

How do you combine subform data with mainform data?
Hello, I have simple project tracking database. The mainform is used to enter data about each project for four company divisions. The subform is tracks tasks for every project. However, each project may not have tasks. How can I create a report which shows data for ALL projects including tasks by division? When I combine these two, only those projects with tasks are included (I assume because a record was created for the task). My report keeps excluding projects with no tasks. Main table is linked to related table (one-to-many) via ProjectID: Main: ProjectID - primary key ProjectName...

Exel Data Entry
When entering data into an excel spreadsheet, it starts to recognise repetitive words being used which is very handy and time saving, however, one of the columns has stopped recognising anything. There are no blank spaces and I can't understand why it has stopped picking up the previous words. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks! If there are many similar entries, Autocomplete may appear to stop working, because so many letter must be entered before a unique match is found. Or if you're far from the previous entry, it may not be detected, as described in the fo...

If conditions for Data Entry Form
I have a excel database that I track multiple entries based on customer ID #s. Depending on the ID # depends on what sheet the data goes on. Each sheet is set up the same way, in a couple of the columns I have the vlookup formula that looks up the ID # that is typed in and if it is listed on the appointment sheet, that sheet tracks all the appointments, the vlookup (in column A of all the sheets) will display the appointment date (if one exist) otherwise it would be blank. What I need to know is two things: First is it possible to have the form put the new data on the proper s...

limiting data in a pivot table
I have a pivot table that is sorted by location, then machine, then has a list of downtime which is totaled by machine. What I want to do is only display the machine that are over a certain amount. I cant use the options to display the top so many because that constantly changes. ...

How do I stop excel graphing missing (#N/A) data?
I am trying to create a line graph with a series of data that contains #N/A "values" (which is generated through a formula) eg Month: Jan Feb Mar Apr Ma Weight: 3 6 9 #N/A Problem is excel will create a line between the March and May figures rather than leaving a gap in the line. Otherwise it then looks like I have the April data which I don't....argh!! I can change the formulas to produce something other that #N/A, eg "" but this causes the line to dip to zero Any help most appreciated Excel has no true missing value. ...

How do I add error bars unique to each data point?
I have a data series that I want to add error bars to, however I would like to have unique error bar values for each individual point? Is this possible? Thank you.. Glenn Hi, On the error bar tab of the format dialog for a data series are 2 ref edit boxes that will allow you to select a range of cells containing a unique value for each point. Cheers Andy Glenn wrote: > I have a data series that I want to add error bars to, however I would like > to have unique error bar values for each individual point? Is this possible? > Thank you.. > Glenn -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP ...