DAO is less relevent than Wnidows 3.1

why do you diptards still use DAO again?

why would you want to have 2 different DIALECTS of SQL?

Anyone using MDB or DAO should be fired and then spit upon

0
Susie
5/1/2007 6:23:56 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

" S u s i e   D B A   [ M S FT ] "   <s u s i e d b a @h o t m a i l.com> wrote:

>why do you diptards still use DAO again?
>
>why would you want to have 2 different DIALECTS of SQL?
>
>Anyone using MDB or DAO should be fired and then spit upon

Note that this person is really A a r o n   K e m p f and that he is not an employee
of Microsoft.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.

"Tony Toews [MVP]" <ttoews@telusplanet.net> wrote in message
>" S u s i e   D B A   [ M S FT ] "   <s u s i e d b a @h o t m a i l.com>
>wrote:
>
>>why do you diptards still use DAO again?
>>
>>why would you want to have 2 different DIALECTS of SQL?
>>
>>Anyone using MDB or DAO should be fired and then spit upon
>
> Note that this person is really A a r o n   K e m p f and that he is not
> an employee
> of Microsoft.
>
> Tony
> --
> Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
>   Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can
> read the entire thread of messages.
>   Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at
> http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm

0
BruceM
5/1/2007 7:17:51 PM
Bruce

I speak the truth-- if you don't want to read the truth then you can
go and run away to Canada for all I care.

It is STUPID to point new users to DAO and I will never surrender

ADO won the war-- I can do anything in DAO that you can do -- with a
library that hasn't been removed from Widnows, office, mdac

there IS a new version of ADO in Vista-- but there IS NOT  a new
version of DAO.
RIGHT?

tell me it's not the truth, kid

On May 1, 12:17 pm, "BruceM" <bam...@yawhodawtcalm.not> wrote:
> I miss a lot by using the Block Sender option in my newsreader.
>
> "Tony Toews [MVP]" <tto...@telusplanet.net> wrote in messagenews:b83f335so9o2ljbme5n9abrgh7s3g2euv2@4ax.com...
>

> >" S u s i e   D B A   [ M S FT ] "   <s u s i e d b a @h o t m a i l.com>
> >wrote:
>
> >>why do you diptards still use DAO again?
>
> >>why would you want to have 2 different DIALECTS of SQL?
>
> >>Anyone using MDB or DAO should be fired and then spit upon
>
> > Note that this person is really A a r o n   K e m p f and that he is not
> > an employee
> > of Microsoft.
>
> > Tony
> > --
> > Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
> >   Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can
> > read the entire thread of messages.
> >   Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at
> >http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm- Hide quoted text -

Todos
5/1/2007 7:54:06 PM
I speak the truth Tony

DAO and JET haven't been included with Office, MDAC or Windows for the past
decade

stick a cork in it.
I'm not going to let you spread lies another day

Access Data Projects makes all your 'Linked Table Crap' go away
Maybe if the obsolete database, and Access Library that you refer to-- maybe
if those could stand up in a serious technical comparison-- then maybe you'd
have a leg to stand on

I will not allow you kids to further this DAO crap

DAO is a walking memory leak.
If your library makes your clean up variables?

THEN YOU NEED A NEW DARN LIBRARY

do the math

Memory Leak; and a pain in the butt?

or

Simple, Fast Data Access Library.

I can do anything that you can do in MDB-- in a single line of code

Change a passthru query in order to run a sproc with parameters? SINGLE LINE
OF SQL

Change the definition for a query?
ALTER PROCEDURE, ALTER VIEW

time to lose the training wheels, kids

"Tony Toews [MVP]" <ttoews@telusplanet.net> wrote in message
> " S u s i e   D B A   [ M S FT ] "   <s u s i e d b a @h o t m a i l.com>
wrote:

> >why do you diptards still use DAO again?
> >
> >why would you want to have 2 different DIALECTS of SQL?
> >
> >Anyone using MDB or DAO should be fired and then spit upon
>
> Note that this person is really A a r o n   K e m p f and that he is not
an employee
> of Microsoft.
>
> Tony
> --
> Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
>    Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can
> read the entire thread of messages.
>    Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at
> http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm

0
Aaron
5/1/2007 8:02:44 PM
"Aaron Kempf" <akempf@dol.wa.gov> wrote

 > DAO and JET haven't been included with Office,
 > MDAC or Windows for the past decade

This is erroneous information -- Mr. Kempf's facts are wrong.

 Larry Linson
 Microsoft Access MVP

0
Larry
5/2/2007 1:09:07 AM
Hi Aaron

I have read your posts quite a lot and you may be right or not.  Either way
it doesn't matter.  My one question is have you ever thought to yourself "why
I am I posting these messages, as it’s not important whether the whole world
agrees with me".

I make a living writing access db's and then looking after them.  I know
there are other db's available and I can use / create / administer / etc
quite a few of them "but" some of the people I work for want an access db so
that is what I make.

If you don't like them so much why not simply accept there are other points
of view and get on with your own "stuff".  The fact that others use a
particular programme to create db's does not "in anyway" affect you
personally.

Maybe it's time to move on and upwards.  There are other things in life to
worry about and it's much too short to worry if everyone agrees with your
choice of db construction.

You are going to be dead for a very long time.  Relax and enjoy life while
you have it - smile and have fun.

--
Wayne
Manchester, England.

"Aaron Kempf" wrote:

> I speak the truth Tony
>
> DAO and JET haven't been included with Office, MDAC or Windows for the past
> decade
>
> stick a cork in it.
> I'm not going to let you spread lies another day
>

> Access Data Projects makes all your 'Linked Table Crap' go away
> Maybe if the obsolete database, and Access Library that you refer to-- maybe
> if those could stand up in a serious technical comparison-- then maybe you'd
> have a leg to stand on
>
> I will not allow you kids to further this DAO crap
>
> DAO is a walking memory leak.
> If your library makes your clean up variables?
>
> THEN YOU NEED A NEW DARN LIBRARY
>
> do the math
>
> Memory Leak; and a pain in the butt?
>
> or
>
> Simple, Fast Data Access Library.
>
> I can do anything that you can do in MDB-- in a single line of code
>
> Change a passthru query in order to run a sproc with parameters? SINGLE LINE
> OF SQL
>
> Change the definition for a query?
> ALTER PROCEDURE, ALTER VIEW
>
> time to lose the training wheels, kids
>

> "Tony Toews [MVP]" <ttoews@telusplanet.net> wrote in message
> > " S u s i e   D B A   [ M S FT ] "   <s u s i e d b a @h o t m a i l.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > >why do you diptards still use DAO again?
> > >
> > >why would you want to have 2 different DIALECTS of SQL?
> > >
> > >Anyone using MDB or DAO should be fired and then spit upon
> >
> > Note that this person is really A a r o n   K e m p f and that he is not
> an employee
> > of Microsoft.
> >
> > Tony
> > --
> > Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
> >    Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can
> > read the entire thread of messages.
> >    Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at
> > http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm

FACTS ARE NOT WRONG BY DEFINITION

MDB has been obsolete for a decade

DAO and Jet hasn't been included with Office, Widnows or MDAC for a decade.

IS THERE A NEW VERSION OF DAO IN VISTA? THERE SURE IS A NEW VERSION OF ADO!

"Larry Linson" <bouncer@localhost.not> wrote in message
> "Aaron Kempf" <akempf@dol.wa.gov> wrote
>
>  > DAO and JET haven't been included with Office,
>  > MDAC or Windows for the past decade
>
> This is erroneous information -- Mr. Kempf's facts are wrong.
>
>  Larry Linson
>  Microsoft Access MVP

0
Aaron
5/2/2007 5:50:25 PM
you just lost me kid

when you said 'Access Databases'

Access is not a database

Access is a frontend to SQL Server data

it's not time to move on and upwards.
It's time for jihad

Nobody that you work for WANTS to have an Access Database.
You just don't know how to write SQL Server, kid

"Wayne-I-M" <WayneIM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> >
> > Change a passthru query in order to run a sproc with parameters? SINGLE
LINE
> > OF SQL
> >
> > Change the definition for a query?
> > ALTER PROCEDURE, ALTER VIEW
> >
> > time to lose the training wheels, kids
> >

> > "Tony Toews [MVP]" <ttoews@telusplanet.net> wrote in message
> > > " S u s i e   D B A   [ M S FT ] "   <s u s i e d b a @h o t m a i
l.com>

> > > Note that this person is really A a r o n   K e m p f and that he is
not
> > an employee
> > > of Microsoft.
> > >
> > > Tony
> > > --
> > > Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
> > >    Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can
> > > read the entire thread of messages.
> > >    Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at

5/2/2007 5:51:34 PM
my 'smile and have fun' comes when I redesign an MDB application into
something that runs 10 times faster

I can convert any of your super-duper complex MDB apps to ADP in about a day

> [...]

> > Change a passthru query in order to run a sproc with parameters? SINGLE
LINE
> > OF SQL
> >
> > Change the definition for a query?
> > ALTER PROCEDURE, ALTER VIEW
> >
> > time to lose the training wheels, kids
> >

> > "Tony Toews [MVP]" <ttoews@telusplanet.net> wrote in message
> > > " S u s i e   D B A   [ M S FT ] "   <s u s i e d b a @h o t m a i
l.com>

> > > Note that this person is really A a r o n   K e m p f and that he is
not
> > an employee
> > > of Microsoft.
> > >
> > > Tony
> > > --
> > > Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
> > >    Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can
> > > read the entire thread of messages.
> > >    Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at

5/2/2007 5:52:22 PM
please tell me Larry-- how DAO _DESERVES_ to still be around

if you've got to CLEAN UP AFTER YOU KILL A VARIABLE? THEN YOU NEED A NEW
LIBRARY

"Larry Linson" <bouncer@localhost.not> wrote in message
> "Aaron Kempf" <akempf@dol.wa.gov> wrote
>
>  > DAO and JET haven't been included with Office,
>  > MDAC or Windows for the past decade
>
> This is erroneous information -- Mr. Kempf's facts are wrong.
>
>  Larry Linson
>  Microsoft Access MVP

0
Aaron
5/2/2007 5:53:01 PM
Huh!  Turns out you weren't on the Blocked Senders list after all.  Well,
it's sort of amusing for now.

Why not just do what you want to do?  Why stomp around in this newsgroup?
Do you imagine that by calling people "kid" and engaging in other rude and
condescending behavior that you will win them over to your position?  The
weird part is that you seem to care what product other people use.

Jet is the database engine that ships with Access.  SQL server can be used
as the engine too, as I understand it.  Access is the programming
environment in which an interface with the database engine is designed and
implemented.

"Aaron Kempf" <akempf@dol.wa.gov> wrote in message
> [...]
>> >
>> > stick a cork in it.
>> > I'm not going to let you spread lies another day
>> >

>> > Access Data Projects makes all your 'Linked Table Crap' go away
>> > Maybe if the obsolete database, and Access Library that you refer to--
> maybe
>> > if those could stand up in a serious technical comparison-- then maybe
> you'd
>> > have a leg to stand on
>> >
>> > I will not allow you kids to further this DAO crap
>> >
>> > DAO is a walking memory leak.
>> > If your library makes your clean up variables?
>> >
>> > THEN YOU NEED A NEW DARN LIBRARY
>> >
>> > do the math
>> >
>> > Memory Leak; and a pain in the butt?
>> >
>> > or
>> >
>> > Simple, Fast Data Access Library.
>> >
>> > I can do anything that you can do in MDB-- in a single line of code
>> >
>> > Change a passthru query in order to run a sproc with parameters? SINGLE

5/2/2007 6:17:52 PM
"Aaron Kempf" <akempf@dol.wa.gov> wrote

 > FACTS ARE NOT WRONG BY DEFINITION

You are posting erroneous information. Repeating false claims does not make
them true.

 > MDB has been obsolete for a decade

Enhancements to MDB have been included in every single release of Access,
including the new Access 2007, along with the new MDB- and Jet-descendent
database formats.

 > DAO and Jet hasn't been included with Office, Widnows or MDAC for a
decade.

That is simply incorrect.  DAO and Jet have been included with Office and
Windows, including the current releases.

 > IS THERE A NEW VERSION OF DAO IN VISTA? THERE
 > SURE IS A NEW VERSION OF ADO!

Vista-compatible libraries for both DAO and ADO exist.

Sorry, Mr. Kempf -- your facts are in error.

 Larry Linson
 Microsoft Access MVP

0
Larry
5/2/2007 6:25:35 PM
NAME ONE ENHANCEMENT TO MDB THAT WAS NOT IN ADP IN THE PAST DECADE

MDB SMOLDERED FOR TEN YEARS IT IS DED

> "Aaron Kempf" <akempf@dol.wa.gov> wrote
>
>  > FACTS ARE NOT WRONG BY DEFINITION
>
> You are posting erroneous information. Repeating false claims does not
make
> them true.
>
>  > MDB has been obsolete for a decade
>
> Enhancements to MDB have been included in every single release of Access,
> including the new Access 2007, along with the new MDB- and Jet-descendent
> database formats.
>
>  > DAO and Jet hasn't been included with Office, Widnows or MDAC for a
> decade.
>
> That is simply incorrect.  DAO and Jet have been included with Office and
> Windows, including the current releases.
>
>  > IS THERE A NEW VERSION OF DAO IN VISTA? THERE
>  > SURE IS A NEW VERSION OF ADO!
>
> Vista-compatible libraries for both DAO and ADO exist.
>
> Sorry, Mr. Kempf -- your facts are in error.
>
>  Larry Linson
>  Microsoft Access MVP

0
Aaron
5/2/2007 9:27:00 PM
and no-- you're wrong--

DAO and Jet have not been included with anything in the past 10 years

ADP have great improvements in 2000,2002,2003 and 2007

MDB has NOTHING

stop spreading mis-information; kid

I'm so friggin sorry that you're too fat and lazy to learn SQL Server
maybe you should retire and go and crawl in a cardboard box

"Larry Linson" <bouncer@localhost.not> wrote in message
> "Aaron Kempf" <akempf@dol.wa.gov> wrote
>
>  > FACTS ARE NOT WRONG BY DEFINITION
>
> You are posting erroneous information. Repeating false claims does not
make
> them true.
>
>  > MDB has been obsolete for a decade
>
> Enhancements to MDB have been included in every single release of Access,
> including the new Access 2007, along with the new MDB- and Jet-descendent
> database formats.
>
>  > DAO and Jet hasn't been included with Office, Widnows or MDAC for a
> decade.
>
> That is simply incorrect.  DAO and Jet have been included with Office and
> Windows, including the current releases.
>
>  > IS THERE A NEW VERSION OF DAO IN VISTA? THERE
>  > SURE IS A NEW VERSION OF ADO!
>
> Vista-compatible libraries for both DAO and ADO exist.
>
> Sorry, Mr. Kempf -- your facts are in error.
>
>  Larry Linson
>  Microsoft Access MVP

0
Aaron
5/2/2007 9:28:06 PM
VISTA COMPATIBLE LIBRARY?

IS IT _CALLED_ DAO?

"Larry Linson" <bouncer@localhost.not> wrote in message
> "Aaron Kempf" <akempf@dol.wa.gov> wrote
>
>  > FACTS ARE NOT WRONG BY DEFINITION
>
> You are posting erroneous information. Repeating false claims does not
make
> them true.
>
>  > MDB has been obsolete for a decade
>
> Enhancements to MDB have been included in every single release of Access,
> including the new Access 2007, along with the new MDB- and Jet-descendent
> database formats.
>
>  > DAO and Jet hasn't been included with Office, Widnows or MDAC for a
> decade.
>
> That is simply incorrect.  DAO and Jet have been included with Office and
> Windows, including the current releases.
>
>  > IS THERE A NEW VERSION OF DAO IN VISTA? THERE
>  > SURE IS A NEW VERSION OF ADO!
>
> Vista-compatible libraries for both DAO and ADO exist.
>
> Sorry, Mr. Kempf -- your facts are in error.
>
>  Larry Linson
>  Microsoft Access MVP

0
Aaron
5/2/2007 9:28:23 PM
name one enhancement to MDB, fucktard

vista-compatible libraries for both DAO and ADO exist?

sorry-- ADO has a NEW VERSION and DAO DOES NOT

On May 2, 11:25 am, "Larry Linson" <boun...@localhost.not> wrote:
> "Aaron Kempf" <ake...@dol.wa.gov> wrote
>
>  > FACTS ARE NOT WRONG BY DEFINITION
>
> You are posting erroneous information. Repeating false claims does not make
> them true.
>
>  > MDB has been obsolete for a decade
>
> Enhancements to MDB have been included in every single release of Access,
> including the new Access 2007, along with the new MDB- and Jet-descendent
> database formats.
>
>  > DAO and Jet hasn't been included with Office, Widnows or MDAC for a
> decade.
>
> That is simply incorrect.  DAO and Jet have been included with Office and
> Windows, including the current releases.
>
>  > IS THERE A NEW VERSION OF DAO IN VISTA? THERE
>  > SURE IS A NEW VERSION OF ADO!
>
> Vista-compatible libraries for both DAO and ADO exist.
>
> Sorry, Mr. Kempf -- your facts are in error.
>
>  Larry Linson
>  Microsoft Access MVP

0
Todos
5/7/2007 8:05:42 PM
'as i understand it' means that you've never fully evaulated Access
Data Projects (which are the most popular Database Formats in Access
2002 and 2003)

On May 2, 11:17 am, "BruceM" <bam...@yawhodawtcalm.not> wrote:
> Huh!  Turns out you weren't on the Blocked Senders list after all.  Well,
> it's sort of amusing for now.
>
> Why not just do what you want to do?  Why stomp around in this newsgroup?
> Do you imagine that by calling people "kid" and engaging in other rude and
> condescending behavior that you will win them over to your position?  The
> weird part is that you seem to care what product other people use.
>
> Jet is the database engine that ships with Access.  SQL server can be used
> as the engine too, as I understand it.  Access is the programming
> environment in which an interface with the database engine is designed and
> implemented.
>
> "Aaron Kempf" <ake...@dol.wa.gov> wrote in message

> > you just lost me kid
>
> > when you said 'Access Databases'
>
> > Access is not a database
>
> > Access is a frontend to SQL Server data
>
> > it's not time to move on and upwards.
> > It's time for jihad
>
> > Nobody that you work for WANTS to have an Access Database.
> > You just don't know how to write SQL Server, kid
>
> > "Wayne-I-M" <Wayn...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi Aaron
>
> >> I have read your posts quite a lot and you may be right or not.  Either
> > way
> >> it doesn't matter.  My one question is have you ever thought to yourself
> > "why
> >> I am I posting these messages, as it's not important whether the whole
> > world
> >> agrees with me".
>
> >> I make a living writing access db's and then looking after them.  I know
> >> there are other db's available and I can use / create / administer / etc
> >> quite a few of them "but" some of the people I work for want an access db
> > so
> >> that is what I make.
>
> >> If you don't like them so much why not simply accept there are other
> > points
> >> of view and get on with your own "stuff".  The fact that others use a
> >> particular programme to create db's does not "in anyway" affect you
> >> personally.
>
> >> Maybe it's time to move on and upwards.  There are other things in life
> >> worry about and it's much too short to worry if everyone agrees with your
> >> choice of db construction.
>
> >> You are going to be dead for a very long time.  Relax and enjoy life
> >> while
> >> you have it - smile and have fun.
>
> >> --
> >> Wayne
> >> Manchester, England.

> > past

> > maybe
> > you'd

> > LINE

> > l.com>

> > not

Todos
5/7/2007 8:07:09 PM
Wayne

you don't make a living with 'Access Databases'

you are a fucking con artist if you use MDB and you should be in
PRISON

you, and anyone else using MDB do not understand the need to SECURE
YOUR DATA.

MDB IS IMPOSSIBLE TO FULLY SECURE
END OF STORY

On May 1, 11:44 pm, Wayne-I-M <Wayn...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Hi Aaron
>
> I have read your posts quite a lot and you may be right or not.  Either way
> it doesn't matter.  My one question is have you ever thought to yourself "why
> I am I posting these messages, as it's not important whether the whole world
> agrees with me".
>
> I make a living writing access db's and then looking after them.  I know
> there are other db's available and I can use / create / administer / etc
> quite a few of them "but" some of the people I work for want an access db so
> that is what I make.
>
> If you don't like them so much why not simply accept there are other points
> of view and get on with your own "stuff".  The fact that others use a
> particular programme to create db's does not "in anyway" affect you
> personally.
>
> Maybe it's time to move on and upwards.  There are other things in life to
> worry about and it's much too short to worry if everyone agrees with your
> choice of db construction.
>
> You are going to be dead for a very long time.  Relax and enjoy life while
> you have it - smile and have fun.
>
> --
> Wayne
> Manchester, England.
>

> "Aaron Kempf" wrote:
> > I speak the truth Tony
>
> > DAO and JET haven't been included with Office, MDAC or Windows for the past
> > decade
>
> > stick a cork in it.
> > I'm not going to let you spread lies another day
>
> > Access Data Projects makes all your 'Linked Table Crap' go away
> > Maybe if the obsolete database, and Access Library that you refer to-- maybe
> > if those could stand up in a serious technical comparison-- then maybe you'd
> > have a leg to stand on
>
> > I will not allow you kids to further this DAO crap
>
> > DAO is a walking memory leak.
> > If your library makes your clean up variables?
>
> > THEN YOU NEED A NEW DARN LIBRARY
>
> > do the math
>
> > Memory Leak; and a pain in the butt?
>
> > or
>
> > Simple, Fast Data Access Library.
>
> > I can do anything that you can do in MDB-- in a single line of code
>
> > Change a passthru query in order to run a sproc with parameters? SINGLE LINE
> > OF SQL
>
> > Change the definition for a query?
> > ALTER PROCEDURE, ALTER VIEW
>
> > time to lose the training wheels, kids
>
> > "Tony Toews [MVP]" <tto...@telusplanet.net> wrote in message

> > > Note that this person is really A a r o n   K e m p f and that he is not
> > an employee
> > > of Microsoft.
>
> > > Tony
> > > --
> > > Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
> > >    Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can
> > > read the entire thread of messages.
> > >    Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at
> > >http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm- Hide quoted text -

Todos
5/7/2007 8:08:02 PM
Larry

you are neither MOST, VALUABLE-- OR A PROFESSIONAL

you are a fat senile fucktard that takes advantage of naive customers
by using MDB format

lose the training wheels you loser

On May 1, 6:09 pm, "Larry Linson" <boun...@localhost.not> wrote:
> "Aaron Kempf" <ake...@dol.wa.gov> wrote
>
>  > DAO and JET haven't been included with Office,
>  > MDAC or Windows for the past decade
>
> This is erroneous information -- Mr. Kempf's facts are wrong.
>
>  Larry Linson
>  Microsoft Access MVP

0
Todos
5/7/2007 8:08:44 PM
" T o d o s   M e no  s [ M S F T]" <t o d o s _ m e n os _msft@hotmail.com> wrote:

>name one enhancement to MDB, f***tard
>

>vista-compatible libraries for both DAO and ADO exist?
>
>sorry-- ADO has a NEW VERSION and DAO DOES NOT

Note that this person is really A a r o n   K e m p f and that he is not an employee
of Microsoft.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
0
Tony
5/8/2007 12:36:05 AM
Tony;

Please stick to the facts, kid

if MDB is sooooooooo wonderful then why is it that they haven't fixed
decade-old bugs?

-Aaron

_msft@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >name one enhancement to MDB, f***tard
> >

> >vista-compatible libraries for both DAO and ADO exist?
> >
> >sorry-- ADO has a NEW VERSION and DAO DOES NOT
>

> Note that this person is really A a r o n   K e m p f and that he is not
an employee
> of Microsoft.
>
> Tony
> --
> Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
>    Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can
> read the entire thread of messages.
>    Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at
> http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm

0
Susie
5/8/2007 12:57:50 AM
note that tony is neither most, valuable-- or a professional

any real developer would be using ADP due to the obvious benefits,
including stability, performance and reliability

\
On May 7, 5:36 pm, "Tony Toews [MVP]" <tto...@telusplanet.net> wrote:
> " T o d o s   M e no  s [ M S F T]" <t o d o s _ m e n os _...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >name one enhancement to MDB, f***tard
>
> >vista-compatible libraries for both DAO and ADO exist?
>
> >sorry-- ADO has a NEW VERSION and DAO DOES NOT
>
> Note that this person is really A a r o n   K e m p f and that he is not an employee
> of Microsoft.
>
> Tony
> --
> Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
>    Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can
> read the entire thread of messages.
>    Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems athttp://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm

0
Todos

outlook 2002/lotus 6.1
Is there a way to import a Lotus 6.1 file to Outlook? I am running Outlook 2002, which seems to recognize Lotus only through version 5.x. Is there an upgrade to Outlook 2002? Do I need to get Outlook 2003? Thank you. What file formats does Lotus 6.1 support for export? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: deborah <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Is there a way to import a Lotus 6.1 file to Outlook? I | am running Outlook 2002, which seems to recogn...

Sent Faxes in CRM 3 don't show in History?
I'm using CRM 3 under SBS 2003. When I send a fax using the "New activity / Fax" option within a contact record it sends successfully. . However there is no record of it stored in the contact history? If I check the fax console on the server the fax has been sent (also verified by receiving person) however it doesn't get logged in the history. I can't seem to find any record of it except on the Fax Console on the server?? Anyone else have this problem or no how to solve it? ps: As a workaround I thought I might be able to automatically route faxes sent back th...

DAO, JET and ADP
Hi I have been FLAMED on this group for using DAO. I must admit, I know nothing at all about it. The databases I have been working on were built by somebody else before I started working here. I have just got the job of maintaining & repairing them. It is not part of my job to rewrite the whole thing. But for new development, I am keen to use the latest technology where possible. Where can I find out about ADP? If DAO is deprecated, what should I be using? Stapes you should be using ADO DAO hasn't been included with Office, MDAC or Windows for a decade ADP = FILE, NEW, PROJECT (EX...

Customising views in CRM 3
I altered the default active user view and the advanced find user view by adding the domain logon field. However when I then use those views the additional field does not appear. When I go back to the customisation screens for those views the additional field is not present. I executed iisreset but this had no effect. Where am I going wrong? Did you "Publish" those customizations? If you didn't, that's probably why you haven't seen the changes. Thanks, Mitch ...

Source browser and VC7.1
As I understand it, there is no source browser in VC7 or 7.1, and a VC7 MFC (or other) project does not build a .bsc file by default (as it does in VC6). However, you can change your VC7 settings to generate .sbr files and a .bsc file if you wish. But there is no source browser! So I thought: "Ah, but I can use the source browser in VC6 (which I prefer anyway ...)." But it doesn't work: VC6 says it is not a valid source browser file. The same if VC6 tries to open the mfc.bsc that comes with VC7. So if VC7 has no source browser, and the VC6 one cannot read VC7 .bsc files,...

sum #3
When I try to calculate the sum of special cells in a row, which are copied as link fom another worksheet, the result is zero. I tried to unlock the cells, also confirmed the format of the cells as numbers. But still the result is the same. Then I copied and pasted the values of the cells in a new worksheet but still the result is zero , that should be around 100,000 Can anyone please help me? Faran Just because the cells are formatted as numbers does not make them numbers. Copy a blank unused cell, select the range of 'numbers' and Paste / Special / Add. This should make your 'n...

can open 1 picture unless logged in as Administrator???
Help please????!!! Unless i log in as Administrator, i can only insert 1 picture in MS Publisher 97? I get told the graphics filters are not installed, but i have done a full install? Ms clients are running windows 2000 OS and are locked down via group policy. Any help would be great Thanks, Carl. Publisher (especially the older versions I hear) doesn't like playing with networks. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Carlos1981" <Carlos1981@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:642AAFF8-D25F-4AC5-B90E-33AC25E17663@microsoft.com... > Help p...

unable to send email #3
HELPPPPPPP ! I keep getting this message....and email is returned (unless) the email address is posted in my contacts list....How do I get rid of this ??? sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts You probably need to turn on authentication to your outgoing server. You can do so on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your mail account. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:002601c3daca$8a5f0d80$a501280a@phx.gbl, Juan Caicedo ...

Can someone help me??? (0/1)
Let me start off by saying that I am no where near an excel expert so please bear with me. I have a schedule for my employees which is attatched to this post as an html file. They are contained in three different sheets within a workbook. Each sheet has its own formulas and such but I have excluded them and also condensed them down to save repitition. The 3 scheduling sheets are named Servers, Hostess, and BarBus I also have/want 7 other sheets named Mon thru Sun and a template is attatched as an html file as well. What I need to get working is the Mon thru Sun sheets to automatically pu...

Installing Compact .Net 3.5
Hello, I have WinCE 6.0 R2, and am currently installing C.Net 2.0. How do I get platform builder to include Compact .Net 3.5? I don't see any Catalog entries for 3.5, just for 2.0. Thanks! --- Jeremy On 4 Mar, 20:38, "jking" <jking...@comcast.net> wrote: > Hello, > > I have WinCE 6.0 R2, and am currently installing C.Net 2.0. How do I get > platform builder to include Compact .Net 3.5? I don't see any Catalog > entries for 3.5, just for 2.0. > > Thanks! > --- > Jeremy I'm working on WinCE 6.0 R3 and I find both ...

OWA error #3
I have select Users receiving the following error when accessing OWA: HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized The error only occurs on a few Users. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=327843 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:043e01c42482$46e0c2e0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have select Users receiving the following error when > accessing OWA: > HTTP/1.0 401 Unauthorized > > The error only occurs on a few ...

Advanced Find Gripe 3
When searching in Advanced Find for Accounts, we select the field "Hospital Name" which is our primary account and then the Condition "contains" and then the value "North Hospital". We clicked go we had only one record pull up even though there are hundreds of hospitals with North & Hospital in the hospital names. So we tried putting "North * Hospital" in to the value and we got a lot more. Are there additional wildcards or boolean operators and if so where do we find the information? ...

3 panel brochure
Hi I'm creating a 3 panel double sided A4 landscape brochure How do I ensure the 3 panels have identical widths. I have used layout guides to create the panels, but when folded the two sides don't line up properly? Using 2007 Any pointers appreciated -- Martin ���� Are your margins the same on both sides? This can be a printer issue. When you create a landscape brochure the largest margin limitation is on the right. (See Ed's web page, http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag ) When you turn the page over to print on the back you need to adjust the pu...

Autonumber #3
thank you very muc -- NG_Leed ----------------------------------------------------------------------- NG_Leeds's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1184 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27561 you're welcome "NG_Leeds" <NG_Leeds.1femk0@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:NG_Leeds.1femk0@excelforum-nospam.com... > > thank you very much > > > -- > NG_Leeds > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > NG_Leeds's Profile: > ht...

lost data....lost person! #3
I'll try to keep it simple....I have Windows XP Home Edition...and The Office 2000 suite....I was useing the Excel 2000 program and forgot to save the data, however, I DID NOT close the program. The data I had put in was gone when I went back to do some more entries and save and close the workbook. When I tried undo in the edit menu it said that I Couldn't undo and only after switching from sheet to sheet did it finally show that I could do one undo but it was on a seperate sheet than the one that I had showing when the option was available and I believe that it was informat...

Outbound mail #3
Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 ENTERPRISE Patched uptodate With SP1. Once a week we are having to restart the exhcnage server because the exchange server is unable to send email to external domains (any). All incoming emails are coming thru. As soon as we reboot the exchange server the outbound email will start flowing fine. Could some body please help me resolve this issue any KB article or any kind of info will be much appreciated. Ihulk On Fri, 6 May 2005 17:12:01 -0700, "Ihulk" <Ihulk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 ENTERPRISE Patched ...

Outlook Can't Reopen #3
I am running XP Professional with Service Pack 2 installed. Outlook 2003 also was updated via Outlook Service Packs. Problem: I open Outlook and it works and also places a icon in task bar. I exit Outlook (not close) and Icon remains in task bar. Also I cannot reopen Outlook in anyway. I must reboot. As PC closes to reboot an error message states the phrase CiceroUlWndFrame. I have used Detect amd Repair but problem remains. Anthony ...

Display data points that are less than the chart trendline
I have a standard chart with an x and y axis and a linear trend line. Is it possible to have the chart to only display the values that are less than the trend line? Thank you in advance for your help. Hi, Sure you can. Firstly, either hide your existing data points, or make them a very pale grey colour. Then, assume your x values are in A1:A10, and your y values are in B1:B10. In say A12, calculate the slope of the trendline with =SLOPE(B1:B10,A1:A10) and in say A13 calculate the intercept using =INTERCEPT(B1:B10,A1:A10) In column C, calculate the corresponding y value for each x value fr...

Opening Access db via DAO in vb.net
Hi In my vb.net app I am trying to open a db via DAO as below; Imports dao Dim dbSynch As dao.Database dbSynch = DBEngine(0).OpenDatabase("C:\MYDB.MDB") The problem is that on the last line I am getting the error 'DBEngine' is a type and cannot be used as an expression. What am I doing wrong? Many Thanks Regards Try: Dim dbSync As DAO.Database Set dbSync = OpenDatabase("C:\MYDB.MDB") -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message...

Merging or Combining 2 columns of data into 1 column
I am trying to merge 2 columns of data together into 1 column. Maintaining both sets of data in a single column seperated with only a space between the two. For example: Column A has 100 rows of information. Column B has 100 rows of information. I want to combine both columns so that each of Column A information and each of Column B information reside in Column A. With with just a space seperating the two data sets. Is this possible....? If so, HOW.....? Thank You, Josh One way: C1: =A1 & " " & B1 Copy to C100 Copy Column C Select Column A Edit Paste ...

How do I add time when some of the increments are less than an ho
Please put your question in the body of your message. The question you asked (assuming you meant "hour" rather than "ho") is very broad. ...

Attaching 1.5TB as network drive
I have SBS 2003 SP1. I am trying to attach a LaCie d2 Quadra as a network attached drive. When I attach it directly to the server, the server freezes. When I try to attach it as a network drive, I get the following error: The mapped network drive could not be created because the ...... Not enough server storage is available to process this command. I have attched a 1TB MyBook NAS drive, but not a 1.5TB. Any ideas? What happens when you try to connect the drive to a different machine? Not sure what you mean by trying to attach it as a network drive - as nearly as I can tel...

Moving exchange server #3
I currently have Exchange 2003 Ent Server running on a workstation being used as company email server. I'm moving from the workstation enviroment to rack mount servers. I need to configure the new server and move all the data from the workstation to the new server. Has anyone had any experiance with this or know of any white papers that can help me out? Thanks CW Setup new server, install Exchange. Move mailboxes, replicate public folders, follow http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822931 to remove first server when you're ready. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE,...

Null with a postive number rather than a -1
Problem While we can get the Is Null to show as default in the form and it will also leave the field blank in the table (perfrectit's just what we need!), selecting a check results in a -1 in the field rather than +1...is there a way to set the Valdation Rule in the table so that the Is Null Or Between -1 And 0 shows a +1 or 0 rather than a -1 on the table field? Why does it matter? Access uses -1 for True. Some other data engines use 1. What difference does it make? You can use a Number field with 0, 1, and Null if you wish, but Access may not handle boolean controls (check box, op...

CRM installed on 1 Server
Is anyone here running CRM 1.2 on Small Business Server? How is the performance? The installation that we received involved Small Business Server 2003 with: -Exchange -AD -SQL2000 -CRM 1.2 -Scribe CRMAdapter for integration with Great Plains on a 3Ghz Xeon with 3.7GB of RAM, and the users are complaining that it slow at times. We have about 5 or 6 users. I've verified that it can be somewhat slow as well. We've throttled back the Scribe DTS processes to a reasonable level and upgraded the memory from it's original 2GB. This has helped some. In any case, what are other peop...