cut and paste hierarchical data

Hi.  I'm a pretty low-level user, so I'm sure this has been answered before, 
but I can't seem to find it. 


I have a database set up hierarchically with many one to many relationships. 
A table called "site" sits at the top of the hierarchy with "Boxes" within 
sites, "bags" within boxes, "items" within bags and so forth.  All 
relationships cascade and enforce referential integrity.  Problem is that I 
entered information about items in a bag under the wrong "site", but all 
other information is correct.  All I want to do is copy and paste the 
information from one site to another without having to re-enter everything.  
Can anyone help me?  
0
Utf
7/2/2007 6:30:01 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

7 Replies
549 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 24

On Jul 2, 10:30 am, Phil T. <P...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi.  I'm a pretty low-level user, so I'm sure this has been answered before,
> but I can't seem to find it.
>
> I have a database set up hierarchically with many one to many relationships.
> A table called "site" sits at the top of the hierarchy with "Boxes" within
> sites, "bags" within boxes, "items" within bags and so forth.  All
> relationships cascade and enforce referential integrity.  Problem is that I
> entered information about items in a bag under the wrong "site", but all
> other information is correct.  All I want to do is copy and paste the
> information from one site to another without having to re-enter everything.
> Can anyone help me?

>Problem is that I entered information about items in a bag under the wrong "site"
Do you mean entered information about items in a bag in a box under
the wrong site?

It sounds to me like you need an update query.
update box
set siteID = {New SiteID}
where boxID = {The BoxID}

That seems too simple. I have probably misunderstood what you need.

-Kris

0
krissco
7/2/2007 8:11:37 PM
On Mon, 2 Jul 2007 11:30:01 -0700, Phil T. <PhilT@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>
>Hi.  I'm a pretty low-level user, so I'm sure this has been answered before, 
>but I can't seem to find it. 
>
>
>I have a database set up hierarchically with many one to many relationships. 
>A table called "site" sits at the top of the hierarchy with "Boxes" within 
>sites, "bags" within boxes, "items" within bags and so forth.  All 
>relationships cascade and enforce referential integrity.  Problem is that I 
>entered information about items in a bag under the wrong "site", but all 
>other information is correct.  All I want to do is copy and paste the 
>information from one site to another without having to re-enter everything.  
>Can anyone help me?  

Do you have a separate table for each level? If so you may be able to just run
an Append query to append the data into the correct table. This assumes more
knowledge than you've posted about the exact structure of the tables or their
relationships though!

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
7/3/2007 12:54:46 AM
On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 08:02:02 -0700, Phil T. <PhilT@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Yes, there is a separate table for each level of information and I just want 
>to move all of the information associated with one "bag" (or one "box") to 
>another site. It would be cool if there was a way to just kind of drag and 
>drop.  

The simplest way would be an Append query. I'd help you create it if I knew
anything about the structure of your tables, but I don't.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
7/3/2007 3:33:39 PM
Also, I should probably be a little clearer about how the relations between 
the tables work:

Say you have a database with a bunch of hierarchical info.  At the top of 
the hierarchy is a "Site" table and a "Box" table. One site can contain many 
boxes; one box can belong to only one site. Typical one to many relationship. 
 

SiteID is an autonumbered primary key that joins the "Site" table to the 
"Box" table.  Now, I made a mistake and entered a record into the "Box" table 
that is associated with the wrong Site (Therefore all the information below 
the "box" table such as "bags" in the box and "items" within the bags are 
also associated with the wrong "site"). 

All I want to do is take that one "Box" record and change it's association 
(and therefore all the bags and items below it--also in similar one:many 
relations) from the incorrect "Site" record to the correct one.  

I'm not moving any data between tables, so it's my understanding that an 
append query will not work, and I have an autonumbered "SiteID" pirmary key, 
so just editing the "SiteID", or doing an update query will not work.  Also, 
I need to keep entering sites, so I can't turn the autonumber off because my 
understanding is that once you do that you can't turn it on again.  

Hope this is a little clearer.  Thanks!!

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Jul 2007 11:30:01 -0700, Phil T. <PhilT@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> 
> >
> >Hi.  I'm a pretty low-level user, so I'm sure this has been answered before, 
> >but I can't seem to find it. 
> >
> >
> >I have a database set up hierarchically with many one to many relationships. 
> >A table called "site" sits at the top of the hierarchy with "Boxes" within 
> >sites, "bags" within boxes, "items" within bags and so forth.  All 
> >relationships cascade and enforce referential integrity.  Problem is that I 
> >entered information about items in a bag under the wrong "site", but all 
> >other information is correct.  All I want to do is copy and paste the 
> >information from one site to another without having to re-enter everything.  
> >Can anyone help me?  
> 
> Do you have a separate table for each level? If so you may be able to just run
> an Append query to append the data into the correct table. This assumes more
> knowledge than you've posted about the exact structure of the tables or their
> relationships though!
> 
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
> 
0
Utf
7/3/2007 3:38:01 PM
On Jul 3, 7:38 am, Phil T. <P...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Also, I should probably be a little clearer about how the relations between
> the tables work:
>
> Say you have a database with a bunch of hierarchical info.  At the top of
> the hierarchy is a "Site" table and a "Box" table. One site can contain many
> boxes; one box can belong to only one site. Typical one to many relationship.
>
> SiteID is an autonumbered primary key that joins the "Site" table to the
> "Box" table.  Now, I made a mistake and entered a record into the "Box" table
> that is associated with the wrong Site (Therefore all the information below
> the "box" table such as "bags" in the box and "items" within the bags are
> also associated with the wrong "site").
>
> All I want to do is take that one "Box" record and change it's association
> (and therefore all the bags and items below it--also in similar one:many
> relations) from the incorrect "Site" record to the correct one.
>
> I'm not moving any data between tables, so it's my understanding that an
> append query will not work, and I have an autonumbered "SiteID" pirmary key,
> so just editing the "SiteID", or doing an update query will not work.  Also,
> I need to keep entering sites, so I can't turn the autonumber off because my
> understanding is that once you do that you can't turn it on again.
>
> Hope this is a little clearer.  Thanks!!
>
> "John W. Vinson" wrote:
> > On Mon, 2 Jul 2007 11:30:01 -0700, Phil T. <P...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
>
> > >Hi.  I'm a pretty low-level user, so I'm sure this has been answered before,
> > >but I can't seem to find it.
>
> > >I have a database set up hierarchically with many one to many relationships.
> > >A table called "site" sits at the top of the hierarchy with "Boxes" within
> > >sites, "bags" within boxes, "items" within bags and so forth.  All
> > >relationships cascade and enforce referential integrity.  Problem is that I
> > >entered information about items in a bag under the wrong "site", but all
> > >other information is correct.  All I want to do is copy and paste the
> > >information from one site to another without having to re-enter everything.
> > >Can anyone help me?
>
> > Do you have a separate table for each level? If so you may be able to just run
> > an Append query to append the data into the correct table. This assumes more
> > knowledge than you've posted about the exact structure of the tables or their
> > relationships though!
>
> >              John W. Vinson [MVP]

So, your schema looks like this:

Site: {SiteID [PrimaryKey], other fields. . . }
Box: {BoxID [PK], SiteID [ForeignKey], other fields . . .}
Bag: {BagID [PK], BoxID [FK], other fields . . .}
Item: {ItemID [PK], BagID [FK], other fields . . .}

If that is the case, see my original post. You need an update query.

-Kris

0
krissco
7/3/2007 4:06:24 PM
Is there not a form so that you can do all this?

Is your data structured like this:

Sites:
site_id
site_name

Boxes:
box_id
site_id
box_info

Bags:
bag_id
box_id
bag_info

Items:
item_id
bag_id
item_info

If your data is structured in this fashion then all you need to do is
change the site_id in the Boxes table to point to the proper site.

You need to create an update query that will be like this:
UPDATE
  Boxes
SET
  site_id = (
    SELECT
      site_id
    FROM
      Sites
    WHERE
      site_name = the_right_site_name)
WHERE
  Boxes.box_info = the_info_for_the_bad_box

Cheers,
Jason Lepack

On Jul 3, 11:38 am, Phil T. <P...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Also, I should probably be a little clearer about how the relations between
> the tables work:
>
> Say you have a database with a bunch of hierarchical info.  At the top of
> the hierarchy is a "Site" table and a "Box" table. One site can contain many
> boxes; one box can belong to only one site. Typical one to many relationship.
>
> SiteID is an autonumbered primary key that joins the "Site" table to the
> "Box" table.  Now, I made a mistake and entered a record into the "Box" table
> that is associated with the wrong Site (Therefore all the information below
> the "box" table such as "bags" in the box and "items" within the bags are
> also associated with the wrong "site").
>
> All I want to do is take that one "Box" record and change it's association
> (and therefore all the bags and items below it--also in similar one:many
> relations) from the incorrect "Site" record to the correct one.  
>
> I'm not moving any data between tables, so it's my understanding that an
> append query will not work, and I have an autonumbered "SiteID" pirmary key,
> so just editing the "SiteID", or doing an update query will not work.  Also,
> I need to keep entering sites, so I can't turn the autonumber off because my
> understanding is that once you do that you can't turn it on again.  
>
> Hope this is a little clearer.  Thanks!!
>
>
>
> "John W. Vinson" wrote:
> > On Mon, 2 Jul 2007 11:30:01 -0700, Phil T. <P...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
>
> > >Hi.  I'm a pretty low-level user, so I'm sure this has been answered before,
> > >but I can't seem to find it.
>
> > >I have a database set up hierarchically with many one to many relationships.
> > >A table called "site" sits at the top of the hierarchy with "Boxes" within
> > >sites, "bags" within boxes, "items" within bags and so forth.  All
> > >relationships cascade and enforce referential integrity.  Problem is that I
> > >entered information about items in a bag under the wrong "site", but all
> > >other information is correct.  All I want to do is copy and paste the
> > >information from one site to another without having to re-enter everything.  
> > >Can anyone help me?  
>
> > Do you have a separate table for each level? If so you may be able to just run
> > an Append query to append the data into the correct table. This assumes more
> > knowledge than you've posted about the exact structure of the tables or their
> > relationships though!
>
> >              John W. Vinson [MVP]- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -


0
Jason
7/3/2007 4:22:56 PM
Hi guys.  Got it! Thanks for all of your help.  I learned how to do the 
update query, but the solution was actually much simpler than that.  Problem 
was, I had all my data dumped out into one big query and was trying to change 
Site.SiteID (primary key) , which I obviously could not do, instead of 
Box.SiteID (FK).  whoops, lesson is pay attention to which field you're 
actually trying to update!  

"Jason Lepack" wrote:

> Is there not a form so that you can do all this?
> 
> Is your data structured like this:
> 
> Sites:
> site_id
> site_name
> 
> Boxes:
> box_id
> site_id
> box_info
> 
> Bags:
> bag_id
> box_id
> bag_info
> 
> Items:
> item_id
> bag_id
> item_info
> 
> If your data is structured in this fashion then all you need to do is
> change the site_id in the Boxes table to point to the proper site.
> 
> You need to create an update query that will be like this:
> UPDATE
>   Boxes
> SET
>   site_id = (
>     SELECT
>       site_id
>     FROM
>       Sites
>     WHERE
>       site_name = the_right_site_name)
> WHERE
>   Boxes.box_info = the_info_for_the_bad_box
> 
> Cheers,
> Jason Lepack
> 
> On Jul 3, 11:38 am, Phil T. <P...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Also, I should probably be a little clearer about how the relations between
> > the tables work:
> >
> > Say you have a database with a bunch of hierarchical info.  At the top of
> > the hierarchy is a "Site" table and a "Box" table. One site can contain many
> > boxes; one box can belong to only one site. Typical one to many relationship.
> >
> > SiteID is an autonumbered primary key that joins the "Site" table to the
> > "Box" table.  Now, I made a mistake and entered a record into the "Box" table
> > that is associated with the wrong Site (Therefore all the information below
> > the "box" table such as "bags" in the box and "items" within the bags are
> > also associated with the wrong "site").
> >
> > All I want to do is take that one "Box" record and change it's association
> > (and therefore all the bags and items below it--also in similar one:many
> > relations) from the incorrect "Site" record to the correct one.  
> >
> > I'm not moving any data between tables, so it's my understanding that an
> > append query will not work, and I have an autonumbered "SiteID" pirmary key,
> > so just editing the "SiteID", or doing an update query will not work.  Also,
> > I need to keep entering sites, so I can't turn the autonumber off because my
> > understanding is that once you do that you can't turn it on again.  
> >
> > Hope this is a little clearer.  Thanks!!
> >
> >
> >
> > "John W. Vinson" wrote:
> > > On Mon, 2 Jul 2007 11:30:01 -0700, Phil T. <P...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > > wrote:
> >
> > > >Hi.  I'm a pretty low-level user, so I'm sure this has been answered before,
> > > >but I can't seem to find it.
> >
> > > >I have a database set up hierarchically with many one to many relationships.
> > > >A table called "site" sits at the top of the hierarchy with "Boxes" within
> > > >sites, "bags" within boxes, "items" within bags and so forth.  All
> > > >relationships cascade and enforce referential integrity.  Problem is that I
> > > >entered information about items in a bag under the wrong "site", but all
> > > >other information is correct.  All I want to do is copy and paste the
> > > >information from one site to another without having to re-enter everything.  
> > > >Can anyone help me?  
> >
> > > Do you have a separate table for each level? If so you may be able to just run
> > > an Append query to append the data into the correct table. This assumes more
> > > knowledge than you've posted about the exact structure of the tables or their
> > > relationships though!
> >
> > >              John W. Vinson [MVP]- Hide quoted text -
> >
> > - Show quoted text -
> 
> 
> 
0
Utf
7/3/2007 5:40:03 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Highlight past & future events
I am working on a reporting spreadsheet and need some help. The report needs to show any milestone within +/- 15 days of today (date the report is being run) The formula needs to work something like this: From x range of cells in a row find all that are +/- from today and then take the info from the cell left of this. Any help would be appreciated -- rediproof ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rediproof's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23714 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?th...

Excel 2007
I can't select a label and move it with a radar chart and excel 2007. Whenever I click a category label, all the labels are selected as well as the chart, so it's not possible to move one individually. ...

question about data...
I am trying to use data on one worksheet as part of another. However, when I copy & paste the data, it copies the formulas instead of the numbers. Using references to the other worksheet doesn't work because on the other worksheet I need to sort the data differently. Is there any way to change the results of a formula to just plain "numbers" in excel? -- caligula11 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ caligula11's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35526 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.c...

How to Prevent Duplicate Data from inputing using input application?
Hello microsoft.public.excel.charting my name is Zig I am trying hard to find out how I can use a input application to input data into a specified excel sheet. I have learned how to input the data into the excel sheet although I need to prevent the inputs from being duplicated. I have used a validating solver to prevent duplicate entries but it only works if you type the text into the sheet. I am unable to get the input application to follow the validation rule. Is there a way that I can use a input application to prevent duplicate entries into the excel sheets and if duplicate data is true ca...

Text is added as attachment after copy and paste
Hi I am using outlook 2000 and every time I want to copy and paste text from somewhere else (e.g. browser), it adds the content as an html-page-attachment to my new mail. I just want to have it added as simple text in the mail-body regards R. Save the text in notepad or something and then Insert the file - but check the button so it inserts it as text, not just as an attachment ;-) r@gnar.de wrote: > Hi > > I am using outlook 2000 and every time I want to copy and paste text > from somewhere else (e.g. browser), it adds the content as an > html-page-attachment to my new ...

Using excel as a data base
How to create names and addresses in EXCEL that can be used in a mail merge in Word One row per record. Each field in a separate cell/column. It's much easier to combine fields than it is to separate them correctly. You may want to read some tips for mailmerge: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave Rado. Nan wrote: > > How to create names and addresses in EXCEL that can be used in a mail merge > in Word -- Dave Peterson ...

Backup data
Good Morning! User wants to backup the data each time they open the application and keep 3 lastest data. I'm naming the file, plus the timestamp (date, hour, minutes, seconds). The syntax is below but Timestamp (hour,minutes,seconds) displays all zero. Since file name is not unique it overwrites into old file. Any suggestions will be appreciated. File name created "FileName070313000000.mdb" strBkp = strDir & "FileName" & Format(Date, "yymmddHhNnSs") & ".mdb" skk wrote: >Good Morning! > >User wants to backup the data ...

Can't edit data in query
Hi everyone. Using A02 on XP. This may be a dumb question but I have a UNION ALL SELECT SQL query showing me all records from 3 tables [tDistributions], [tDistributionsArchive] and [tDistributionsArchiveOld]. Why can I not edit any fields? I receive an Excel file with uncashed check numbers, date mailed and payable to. I have to search through all distribution records to identify which distribution record's check did not cash yet so we can pursue payment. Because the tables are old and inherited, my unique identifier is only unique in 2 of the tables so there is a bit of sea...

Loading subform with data from main form
I thought this would do it: I put this in the before insert of the subform: Me!txtJobID = [Forms]![frmInvoice]![txtJobID] frmInvoice is the main form. What can I do differently to make this work? Thanks. SAC wrote: >I thought this would do it: > >I put this in the before insert of the subform: > >Me!txtJobID = [Forms]![frmInvoice]![txtJobID] > >frmInvoice is the main form. > >What can I do differently to make this work? You could use that code in the BeforeUpdate event, but this whole exercise would be automatic if you set the subform control's Link M...

is there a way to enter data interactively and dynamically?
Hi all, Can I enter data interactively and dynamically? To give an example: Approach 1: Currently, when I enter grades for students, I have to find his/her name first, after finding that row, I have to scroll the row to the far right, since there are so many columns already there. Let's suppose that I scroll to column 32, and it is often times hard to remain on the same row(then I ended up entering a wrong score for this student ...) ; suppose I scrolled successfully with my eyes staring at that row, and then I enter score. And so on and so forth for the next student, etc. The wh...

extending source data in several charts
I have a big Excel doc with numerous charts, each with numerous lines. About once per month, I need to extend the charts for about a month. This is a very painful process for each graph (multiplied by numerous graphs!). Does anyone have any simple method to do a mass change, standard or VBA? This would be extremely helpful. I also noticed some posts using OFFSET, but this would be too confusing for my father (for whom I am doing this) and too cumbersome. Something like a standard function or a VBA macro that I can program would make his life so much easier. Thanks much! if you don...

Import ing Data
I have about 5 or 6 stocks I watch and an older Stock Program [Supercharts 4.0 Built 10]. I would like to import the data for these companies from Yahoo, but after the download into Excel the data is ascending rather than descending order. Would anyone know how I could enter these figures into this program? Thanks, Carl Hi Carl - Is the only problem that the data is sorted wrong? You can very easily sort it in Excel, then dump it into Supercharts. Or is there an issue getting any data into Supercharts? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http:...

Macro to Refresh External data
Good afternoon, I try to record a macro to refresh external data but the macro recorder does not give me anything once I refresh the query and stop the recording. Does anyone knows why? Or better if you know the VBA to make this happen -even when the data sheet is hidden- let me know. Thanks in advance and greetings from south Fla. Apprentice, This is the code the recorder generated when I tried a refresh on a text file import. Range("A1").Select Selection.QueryTable.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False You'd probably change it to something like: Range("A1&quo...

how do i show text in the data field of a pivot table?
If you put a text field into the data area of a pivot table, it will summarize the field to show a count, instead of showing the text. You can place the text fields in the Row, Column or Page areas, where their text will show. pum75 wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

The data has been changed message
Hi, I'm getting a following message, always on the same page of tab control: The data has been changed. Another user edited this record and saved the changes before you attempted to save your changes. Re-edit the record. I know that there isn't any other user working on database. What could be a problem? Thanx alekmil You are the other user. You have 2 different forms editing the same record. Access has no way of knowing that. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access "alekm" <alekm...

Need help in data copying. #3
Thanks Mr. Dave. It was really helpful Regards Tom -- SMIL ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SMILE's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=488 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=25956 ...

converting works data files to excel with original formats
How can I convert data files from Works 8 to Office & Student 2007 ...

Copying portions of data
Is it possible to select a specific area of the worksheet using a find command (the data changes every day) and copy just that portion onto a new worksheet? Thanks Wendy Hi Wendy, If a verbal rule (or rules) can be devised to locate the area, then it is very likely that someone could aaist you with code to automate this. --- Regards, Norman "Wendy Clarkson" <wenan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:cs835v$6ag$1@hercules.btinternet.com... > Is it possible to select a specific area of the worksheet using a find > command (the data changes every day) and copy ju...

Data, Group got error message Cannot shift object off sheet
I created a command grouping several columns together by going to Data, Group. When I go to click on the "-" sign to group. It gives me an error message;"Cannot shift object off sheet". Why? and how can I fix it. Maybe you have some objects that get rearranged when you hide the columns using your grouping symbols. This may have some suggestions that work for you. It's kind of a similar problem. XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 Remember to look for comments and merged ...

combining data from several worksheets in a pivot table
I have a workbook with data for sales there is a separate sheet for each month. Every time an agent makes a sale he records it using the date he processed the sale. the sheet then calculates the week number i want to produce a pivot table showing sales by agent for each week however as weeks cross between 2 months i need to be able to include all 12 sheets in the source data for pivot table can this be done. any ideas please Yes - by using "Multiple consolidation ranges" when setting up the table. In my experience this brings more problems than it is worth - because we do not g...

Paste a value into "Find What"
I have a work book with data in several worksheets and one main sheet that contains all the data. Column A contains an id number. I want to record a macro that deletes a row from one worksheet, finds the corresponding row and deletes it from the main sheet, then pastes it into a sheet that contains all the deletions. How can I copy the value in column A and paste it into the "Find What" box, or is there another way to do it? I'm using Excel 2002. You've probably got something like FindWhat = "value"; edit that part of the ..Find method statement to instead r...

missing payee data (Money 2003)
I have automatic payments being made to one payee and although the payments ae being made as they should they do not appear on my payee info. If I go to the transaction and then go to the payee these items show under the payee's name but when I access from the payee list itself they are msssing?? what is happening? Matt: I'm having a similar problem in that I inadvertently deleted some payees from the payee list. Auto-complete brings them up when I'm going to make an electronic payment, but they's no longer in the payee list. I've submitted the problem Microsof...

How can I copy/paste a URL or email address into hyperlink
I am using Publisher 2003. I am required to insert several hyperlinks (either URLs or email addresses) into a Publisher document. The only way I can find to do this is by typing the address manually into the hyperlink dialog box. I would really like to copy paste directly into the box, as it would save so much time. None of the MS Office applications seem able to create instant hyperlinks, although I could possibly create the text in Outlook or OE & copy/paste that way. Is it a negative feature, or have I missed something? TIA John Nelson, New Zealand Not sure I know what you a...

Export data from a CRM installation to another
Hi all, I've done some customizations in our CRM. Added some entities, etc... I didn't have any problems to transfer the customizations to another CRM, but all the data in the customizations get lost. Is there a way to transfer the customizations including the data? Thanks for your answer! Regards, Simon Sorry, forget to mention a thing. If I'm using the online mode, I can see all data and all customizations. If I go offline, CRM is showing, that xxx emelents have been synchronized. After synchronizing the customizations are still there, but all the data is away. Regards...

Help Linking Data
I have a spreadsheet with Items , Descriptions , and prices in it. want to have another sheet that when I enter the item number it wil fill in the rest for me. This will let me create a customer's orde fast and give a total very fast also. Can this be done? If not are there any ideas I plan on using this on pocket PC -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi With Item table (Item, Description, Price) on sheet Items, on Orders sheet: Items!A1:C1 contains headers, let's the Items table be p.e. in range Items!A1:C100 Orders!A1:C1 contains headers, Orders!A:A contains item...