Crosstab Query 04-06-07

I have a crosstab query that shows the products i sale with the number
i have sold for each day.

instead of showing the sales for each day i would like to show sales
dor each months.

How do i show it my month

Thanks

0
Simon
4/6/2007 10:48:33 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

In query design view, enter this into a fresh column in the Field row:
    TheYear: Year([SaleDate])
Replace SaleDate with your actual field name.

In the next column:
    TheMonth: Month([SaleDate])

You can now group on these fields instead of on each date.

"Simon" <S.Dickson@shos.co.uk> wrote in message
>I have a crosstab query that shows the products i sale with the number
> i have sold for each day.
>
> instead of showing the sales for each day i would like to show sales
> dor each months.
>
> How do i show it my month
0
Allen

Failed Updates 06-26-10
Usually when I try to install updates, a message will appear indicating that the process has failed. When I allow Windows to automatically install updates, however, my Internet connection fails and I then have to do a system restore to remove the updates so that I can use the Internet again. Can you please help me with this, as I do want to be able to update my computer with programs and anti-virus updates without losing my Internet connection each time? Thanks. Allen • Which version of the Windows operating system am I running? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...

a count field in a query?

Date numbering out of order in Outlook 07
Hi guys, I am a function organiser and within Outlook I have mail files for each event I am running. So for example, I would have a mail folder set up that looks like this: 12 December 1 Dec Pharmacy Guild 6 Dec 15 Dec Event Central 25 Dec Christmas Day But what I find is that Outlook puts things in a different order than I would expect and so I have ended up with this: [IMG]http://i14.tinypic.com/6kz8umq.jpg[/IMG] Is there a work around (other than renaming every sub-folder a-z)? Thanks in advance for help on sorting in order, Jo Actually, none of your sub-folders a...

Simple query question 08-05-10
Hi, I'm using SQL Server 2005. What I want is to return a column "venue", but if that column is null, I want to return the value of the column "site" (in either case, I want the column header to be "venue"). How do I construct such a query? Thanks, - Dave You can use expression with COALESCE and alias the expression as venue: SELECT COALESCE(venue, site) AS venue... -- Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQLStudio.com Try this: SELECT COALSECE(venue, site) AS venue FROM my_table -- Gert-Jan laredotornado wrote: > > Hi, &...

An Error has Occured 02-27-07
We were recently contacted by another group within our company that want to start using the services portion of CRM. This is currently an unused portion of CRM in our office. When we were showing them the web client both myself and another user receives the following generic error "An error has occured, for more information contact your System Administrator." when we select "Cases" under the services section. Any clue what this could be? This error is giving me zero clues as where to start from. Thank you! Have you checked the IIS logs and application logs. If ...

Help Query.
Hi, I have 2 tables, one it has customers who are past due and another table that has customers who have paid and not past due after a certain period. My objective is to find the customers who hasn't paid yet. I did a query, joined by account #, this query will return customers who has paid after they were past due. But I am looking for account IDs of customers who are still past due. Anyway to do this? Thansk for the help! Try the query wizard about finding unmatched rows. It seems you need rows from the first table that are NOT in the second table. Hoping it may help, Vander...

Query re Registration & Login to Outlook forum
I am not clear what function the Registration and Login have on the website of the Outlook Forum. I can post messages to the Outlook Forum through my ISP's newsgroup server, apparently without registering or logging in to the Forum. And after posting a message through the newsgroup, I Googled the keywords "microsoft forums outlook", then selected the option at http://office-outlook.com/outlook-forum/ . There I could read my own posting, and I could read the reply to it from a well informed reader. However, I was not able to reply at the website, only from OutlookExpress...

Date expression in Query
I am getting 'undefined function' w/this expression in my qry. Expr1: IIf(today()<[PoP_End_Dt],"cur","exp") How do I insert or use todays date in a Query. Expr1: IIf(Date()<[PoP_End_Dt],"cur","exp") -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Steve Stad" wrote: > I am getting 'undefined function' w/this expression in my qry. > Expr1: IIf(today()<[PoP_End_Dt],"cur","exp") > > How do I insert or use to...

Round up a decimal in a query field
Hopefully this is an easy question. How do you round up a number in a query field? Excel has the ROUNDUP function, but I can't find anything similar in Access. Can anyone help? Function:round([tablename!fieldname,2]) I think. It may be round([tablesname!fieldname],2) "bigomega73" wrote: > Hopefully this is an easy question. How do you round up a number in a query > field? Excel has the ROUNDUP function, but I can't find anything similar in > Access. Can anyone help? Thanks Golfinray, but that only rounds to the nearest decimal place. What I want is the numb...

Using Mail Merge with Criteria in a Access query
Hi; In access 2000-2003 it was possible to use the Mail Merge function in Word to access a query that has criteria required for input. You can select the Word document and then the database is opened and the criteria box is opened for input (Enter Parameter Value). This then produces the data for the letters. It used a DDE connection between Word and Access. In Office 2007 the mail merge help document says to go to the Access database and select the query and lists how to link to an existing or new letter. The DDE connection is listed but does not attach to the query? It alway...

how to access data in a query
I don't know how to set the source property on a query? or how does the query know what db to query? It now says (current) so if you have another db open then it queries the current db when you open the query in datashett view? I'm assuming this is what is meant by the query source property? I have an excel spreadsheet that I would like to populate my db so I can test the query. I tried setting the source property which says (current) to [tables.tblTest] on the query just to get some data in it says the name is invalid. (I imported from an Excel spreadsheet some test data into...

Recorset not updateable in a crosstab query
I have created a crosstab query based on just one linked table using the Access wizard and when I finished I get the erro "The recorset is not updateable", clicking on OK it shows me the tahe results in the corresponding table, but if I try to see the structure of the query it shows me the structure mask but saying that in the expression "Format([DPC]:"aaaa")" there to many closing brackets. I copied the table to the current DB to avoid any links problems but the result is the same. Can anybody tell me how to solve the problem? Thanks very muc...

Linq query
Hello, I have the following list: IList<Int32> roles = { 1, 2, 3 } I need to get all users where in user.Roles there is at least one Role which is id 1, 2 OR 3. var a = users.Where(u => u.Roles. ??? ); How can I do this? Thanks, Miguel shapper wrote: > I have the following list: > > IList<Int32> roles = { 1, 2, 3 } > > I need to get all users where in user.Roles there is at least one Role > which is id 1, 2 OR 3. > var a = users.Where(u => u.Roles. ??? ); users.Where(u => u.Roles.Any(r => roles.Contains(r))) ass...

Access Deleting a Query SQL
Hi all, I am working with a multiple parameter search query. The form I am using to conduct the search displays the results in a subform. I have gone through and really combed through the SQL to make sure there are no blatant spelling errors or incorrect references within the code. Anyways when I open the form that it is attached to, I keep getting the boxes described in this website http://allenbrowne.com/bug-13.html .. The form is open, and I even changed names of fields in the table in case SQL was choosing to be picky about what I named my fields. Is there anything else that would cau...

How do I run a SQL query against a MS SQL Server database from exc
How do I run a SQL query against a MS SQL Server database from within Excel 2002? I know it can be done somehow using the SQL.Request addin function. However my attempts using this function have continually failed. Can some one please provide a working example to the pubs or Northwind dbs that I can work with and use to help debug my attempt? Thank you! ...

MS Access & Citrix
Hi, all. We have a home-grown Access application that approximately 50 users use to access different, but related, databases on different Linux servers across the US. We are trying to combine all these different databases into one database that everyone can access through a Citrix server. In the initial (very) testing phase, we have found some strange problems with our Access app that may be related to the programming within the application or may be related to the Citrix side of things (although when we try to do an analagous task going just through Access itself we don't have the same...

Nest members of a query-based distribution list
Hello Is there any way to nest members of a query-based distribution list within the list on the global address list and maybe make the list title bold. I know this can be done but cannot see where to do it Thanks Robin It's ok I have managed it now http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319213/en-us Thanks anyway Robin "robinwilson16" wrote: > Hello > > Is there any way to nest members of a query-based distribution list within > the list on the global address list and maybe make the list title bold. > > I know this can be done but cannot see where to do it...

Linking a Combo box to variable SQL query in subform
I am in the process of creating a relatively small D'Base that will monitor employee competency. There are several tables and relationships within this, but I don't consider this to be a big project (although my first post-graduation in the real world). I have configured the records to be spread over two tables. One is the tbl_ReviewHearder (containing employee info', review date), the second, tbl_ReviewContent contains the competency information. This is based on a 1-many relationship (1 header, lots of content) I have written VB to filter the combo boxes, but I am having ...

edit hyperlink code cont from 12/8/04
I tried running this without success. Can anybody tell me why? Sub Fix192Hyperlinks() ' Dim OldStr As String, NewStr As String OldStr = "c:\My Templates\Profile Database\" NewStr = "\\Pinoak\Data\Mfr\Grinding Room\" Dim hyp As Hyperlink For Each hyp In ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks hyp.Address = Replace(hyp.Address, OldStr, NewStr) Next hyp End Sub Thank you > > >> > "Ron de Bruin" wrote: > > > >> I copy this from David McRitchie his site > >> http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc...

email 04-04-10
i can receive emails but cant send them comes up non-local ip address server error 554 error number 0x800ccc6f only had this problem since changeing over to talk talk -- nigeldebi Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com That's not the complete error message. Do you get an error message when you try to send or receive? If so,=20 right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply = here. We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.micro...

Question about Word 07
Hi All, I have Office 2007 loaded on a XP op system, when using the Word 07 program I noticed in any document I bring up I cant make a "Center Text Alignment". The right and left buttons work fine, but the center text alignment button is always light gray and will not function. What's up with that, anyone know? Thank for the help, Tim -- ���`�.�. , . .���`�..><)))�>`�.��.���`�.�.���`�...�><)))�>�. ><)))%>���`�.�. , . .���`�.. ><)))�>`�.��.���`�.�.���`�...�><)))�> -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.co...

CRM Mobile 07-20-05
Hi I wonder if someone can give a definitive answer for me regarding CRM mobile: If a sales guy is out in the field using a PDA with Pocket PC and CRM mobile installed, can he syncronise over GPRS with the server? It looks to me that he may have to lug a notebook around with him and have to fire that up, tunnel a VPN and then sync through that - surely not! ......brings back a joke I once heard about a a guy who bought a wrist watch that could do everything but couldn't pick up the suitcase that had the battery in. Any one using it can tell me if this is right? Thanks Pete C I mi...

Query Problem 11-13-07
Well here I go again. Biting off more than my brain can handle. I have a report that shows all of our machines in our plant. I’m tracking both machine down time (the time the machine is broken) and Plant Down Time (the time the machine is broken that hampers production) I have a form that we use to gather all pertinent information such as the date, time notified of malfunction etc… I have a query that well, queries the data so I can view what is happening each month. That works great. Now to the meat and potatoes… I calculate down times by using: Minutes: DateDiff("n", [Time ...

Report will not open 12-16-07
I have a report that I have not been able to open. The message that appeares when I click on the report is "There isn't enough memory to perform this operation. Close unneeded programs and try the operation again." I have done this - closed all programs, opened the dbs on a computer with more memory and higher operating system, what is going on? the OP is XP @ work but I have Vista @ home and it still didn't work. In the report I had several calculated text boxes and possibly this was too much. I went to the help site and noticed the "hotfix" download but...

Importing Notes into CRM Query/Case
Does anyone know how to import notes from a excel csv file. I am importing and creating cases of invoice queries and can not find the data filed on mapping. We have the notes tab locked so no one can delete information So would this stop the field from being visable ? I can how ever mapp the notes to another tab we created and they import into there fine. Please advise. On May 25, 6:06=A0am, Nessa <Ne...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to import notes from a excel csv file. > I am importing and creating cases of invoice queries and can not find the &g...