Criteria in query <> isn't working with multiple codes

I have a query and in one field I am looking for all of the codes, except 6.
There are too many codes to say I only want to see these...In the criteria I
have entered it as <>AB, or <>CD, etc.  I have also tried going down the rows
for "or" but none of this has worked.  It will only work with one code.

Does anyone have any suggestions or can you tell me why this isn't working?

Thanks!
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Hi

It is working, it just isn't doing what you expected.  If a code is AB
it is true that it is <>AB or <>CD, because it is not CD.  I think you
are looking for <>AB AND <>CD, etc.  You could also use in, for
example not in ("AB","CD","ETC")

On Jun 15, 12:20 pm, TJAC <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have a query and in one field I am looking for all of the codes, except 6.
> There are too many codes to say I only want to see these...In the criteria I
> have entered it as <>AB, or <>CD, etc.  I have also tried going down the rows
> for "or" but none of this has worked.  It will only work with one code.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions or can you tell me why this isn't working?
>
> Thanks!

0
Kerry

coding a UI like Windows media Player in vc++
hi there i am writing an app which involves the management of digital stills and audio, and writing it in vc++6 i will use wmp to play audio, and i may have to write a custom skin just a general qst - what api/sdk is best to use to get that cool ui that microsoft have in wmp - ie, non-regular buttons etc cheers bhu ...

Outlook rule not working
I have a rule that looks at specific words in the subject and then forwards the message to another email address. I receive 2 emails daily with the same subject. Only 1 message gets forwarded. The difference between the 2 emails is that one is sent directly to my email address and the other is forwarded to my email address from a Gmail account that is setup with email forwarding. The email that is forwarded from my Gmail account never gets forwarded by the rule. The subject line of the Gmail email is identical to the subject line of the message that does get forwarded. Does anyone ...

Voting Buttons Tracking Not Working (Outlook 2003)
I've seen some replies to this question/problem but for me it did not work when trying the Form Publish. Is there anything else I can do? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice XML/XSL VB Tester http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5ab62461-e3bc-4e21-9b2c-13f77a74daff/xmlxsl-vb-tester.aspx Replies to what question/problem? Describe what you're seeing in detail. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 <murray gree...

during install, E2007, Error Code is 1603 (exchangeserver.msi) failed
Installing E2007 on a server to migrate from E2003, the BPA shows no issues, we get no warnings in the setup, but, when it starts to COPY FILES we get the following: Installing product C:\Exchange 2007\exchangeserver.msi failed. Fatal error during installation. Error code is 1603. Last error reported by the MSI package is 'Module D:\Exchange\Bin\ExSMime.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147010895. Contact your support personnel.'. I've copied the media to the C drive (we're installing E2007 on the "D" drive array, and run it from C or the CD/DVD, b...

Code-Completition
Hello, Is there an IDE which hast something like code-completition? eg. If I type Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application") and then: objShell. (point) then all the possible values/methods,props, etc. will be schown? Does anybody knows such an IDE? The VB Express 2k8 doesn't work with VB Scripts. Thomas "Thomas Steinbach" <steinbach@gmx-topmail.de> said this in news item news:hi2d8h$j8s$01$1@news.t-online.com... > Hello, > > Is there an IDE which hast something like code-completition? > eg. If I type > >...

Excel VB Code Error
I am trying to create a .csv file from an Excel workbook using a VB module and am wondering if someone can tell me what's wrong with the below code: Public Sub CSV2() Application.DisplayAlerts = False Sheets.Add ActiveSheet.Name = "Temp_10001" For Each ws In Worksheets If ws.Name <> "Temp_10001" Then ws.UsedRange.Copy Sheets("Temp_10001").Range("A1").Activate x = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count If x > 1 Then ActiveCell.Offset(x, 0).Select ActiveCell.PasteSpec...

CONVERT not working
I loaded the Analysis pack addin, typed 100 in B1, in B2 typed =CONVERT(B1, "F", "C") and I get #VALUE, no matter what I do. I changed number format also but of no avail. What's wrong? Do you get TRUE if you do =ISNUMBER(B1) If you get FALSE you should get that error? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "dindigul" <padhye.m@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7oHwQ7eHHA.2376@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I loaded the Analysis pack addin, typed 100 in B1, in B2 typed =CONVERT(B1, >"F", "C") and I get #VALUE, no matter what I do. I...

to extract multiple values from an array
Hi, I am into Image processing industry, for each job we create unique code in excel, we Process 20 jobs in a day, I want to list all the job Code in "summary of the day sheet" that we complete for the particular day . On Dec 30, 4:56=A0am, ratan h <ratha...@nextgenalbums.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am into Image processing industry, for each job we create unique > code in excel, we Process 20 jobs in a day, I want to list all the job > Code in "summary of the day sheet" that we complete for the particular > day . Not enough info but, assuming you are...

COM Add-Ins stopped working
Hi, yesterday at some point I closed Outlook and was surprised to find it hadn't checked for mail in a long time. As a result I got about 20 spam messages in my inbox and right after that Outlook closed. It wasn't long after that that I restarted Outlook, hoping SpamBayes would get to work and start cleaning the mess up. It didn't. Just a bunch of new spam and absolutely no automatic functionality whatsoever from SpamBayes. I tried to open the spambayes menu, I tried clicking its buttons, but none of them would react. I even re-installed SpamBayes to no avail. Then I went to check...

Mailbox Manager doesn't work
We're running Exchange 5.5 w/SP4 and the drive housing our Information Store is about out of room. I'm frantically trying to get users to remove files, but, would like to be able to force the deletion of Deleted Items from the server. We installed MM on each server (we're running a clustered Exchange server, on WinNT 4.0 w/SP6a), and, have tried to run it several times, in both Audit and actual mode, but...nothing happens. My mailbox is the Admin box, but, I never get any mail, and, the files never get deleted. What am I doing wrong? Thanks! ...

Am I able to manage multiple email accounts
I have several email accounts including Gmail, HOtmail and corporate. I can't make Entourage mail (2004) list individual accounts or find how to manage profiles. Apple mail works but doesn't allow me to insert a tiff company logo without making it an attachment. Outlook allows for all of the above.<br> Appreciate help > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3285235088_9822952 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 2/7/08 1...

scramble names on work roster
Hi all.. I got this roster on a excell work book. Could you please help me to get the following. the names on the first collumn has to be put random in the grid below the roster. but first check and see if the person work morn shift. only if person 4 is working morning on monday 18 may then his name can be added to the grid below every week i print one of these rosters. these names must be scrambled every week on the below grid. the last condition is that the names must be duplicated as littel as possible From time to time i add or take away names. Geen uitruilings sal ged...

Converting Eml files to Msg files with code
Hi. Sorry if this question is overly simple. I'm developing an integration project between Exchange and SPS. I read the message on a public folder of Exchange with ADO. I use ADO's stream object and save the message as a file. Created file formatted as .EML file and has .EML extension. We want to read this file in Outlook but it can't open the file. Because of this I need to format this file as .MSG file. I don't need a tool. I should make this process in code. Is there any API or code sample. Thanks in advance. ...

Forms and Reports from CrossTab queries
Hi All, I have read a few postings in this area, but they all seem to be very specific to particular situations. Can someone please guide me towards the best solution to my dilema? I have a form with two list boxes which contain many variables (answers to specific questions from a survey). When two different questions are slected I run a cross tab query resulting in a dymanic result of rows and columns based on the selections. I now want to display the result as a datasheet on my form and in a similar fashion as a report. Any help is, of course, greatly appreciated. Regards, John D...

Manufacturing BOM Where Used query
Winthin manufacturing there is a where-used inquiry window that will show all BOMs that a given item appears in. You can also expand that view to see what BOMs and item's parent is used in. Some of our BOMs are 10 layers deep. In our environment we need to know which category of finished goods each purchased item is used in. Currently we maintain this manually and store the info in an inventory user-defined field. Over time as the number of our finished goods and purchased parts has increased this has become an unmangeable process. I need to find a way to query the BOM tables a...

Configure single Outlook 2003 Account to try multiple outgoing servers?
Is there a way to configure a single Outlook 2003 account to try different SMTP servers for Outgoing mail? I log in from two different locations, and both are behind firewalls. And from each location I can't get to the other SMTP server to send my mail. To get around this, I've created two Outlook accounts to use. One for each location. But this is not a good solution, because I have to remember to use the correct account, and it's easy to make a mistake. ....When I do, the outgoing mail very quietly sits in my Outbox, and doesn't get sent. People get very upset at me for ...

CRM for international companies
Hi, Being an international company, our pricelists are in different currencies. MS CRM stores the currency on the Organization level and not on the Business Unit level, which essentially prevents our use of it. (1) Any suggestions for a way to overcome this problem (besides "translating" the EU, EMEA and US pricelist to one currency, e.g. dollars, or waiting for CRM 2.0) ? (2) I noticed that the database schema contains "Organization ID" for all basic tables. This probably means that multiple organizations can run on the same CRM server. Currently, I can't se...

Simple coding in Excel
I have created a series of forms which go from one to another via a macro, which is simply: Sheets("Implementation").Select DialogSheets("Implementation").Show (created by record macro). There are two issues: 1. This same code does not work when assigned to auto_macro for the first form? 2. After moving to subsequent forms, the previous forms are visible (but not accessible) in the background. This just looks untidy and I would like a command to close them. Many thanks Have you tried? Sheets("Sheet Name").Visible = True Sheets("Sheet N...

BSTR from VC++ not working inVB
Hi, I have created an Active X component in VC++ 6.0 I have exported a method with signature BSTR funcAdd (LPCTSTR name); Now I use this ocx generated in Visual Basic 6.0 form.. I call the function .... like Dim ret As String ret=Obj.funcAdd("Vale"); On checking this return value I get nothing...just empty... Help me with where I am wrong.... Thanks., sandSpiderX please post the implementation of the funcAdd method of the ActiveX control. it is also a good idea to make the "name" parameter a BSTR "sandSpider" <m74.piscean@gmail.com> wrote in messag...

Create field from append query based on linked table name
Here's the setup: Two linked tables called 'PHD' and 'XANS' bring in daily data from two CSV files. A union table-query puts the common data in both into the same name fields. This table-query is called 'SOLS_DATA_MERGE'. I then created a new table called 'SOLS_MAIN' and I ran an append query called 'SOLS_DATA_APPEND' to append the data in the table-query, 'SOLS_DATA_MERGE' into the new table, 'SOLS_MAIN'. The main reason for this was so that I could assign my data a primary key. Even though I have achieved my goal of merging the da...

Exchange 2000 Instant Messaging Server not working properly
After I upgrade my windows enviroment from 2k to 2k3.The exchange enviroment is still in Exchange 2000 native mode. But my Instant Messaging Server start having problem. User can not login into the services intermitantly. Is there any solution or explaination for this? ...

Multiple email accounts #11
I use Outlook 2003 with multiple accounts (4 POP accounts and one Exchange account) and I have the following problems: Most of the time I am not connected to the corporate network, so most of the time I have no connection to the Exchange server. Because of this Outlook shows the dissconected icon on the bottom right status bar. Once Outlook says that it is dissconected from the Exchange server it doesn't do the automatic syncs with the POP accounts through the internet (which is indeed available). Is there a way to make Outlook autosync with the POP accounts if it is not conne...

Multiple Exchange boxes in one domain
Hi all, I have the following setup for my domain: HQ: Server 2003 Exchange 2003 We have a branch office located on another industrial estate 1/2 mile away, and we currently connect to them via WiFi (11Mb) and they are in the same domain and subnet as us. I am looking to add a second exchange box at their site so they can get their mail "locally". When I look at setting it up tho ot seems that exchange will still send the messages across the WiFi due to there only being 1 MX record? Is there a way I can get them to recive their mail directly over their own Broadband link? Also ...

How to change the scan code while posting WM_KEYDOWN and WM_KEYUP messages?
Hello, I am working with win32 serial communication in VC++. My application communicates with a Control Panel hardware device which is similar to a Keyboard. It has various keys/buttons ("0-9 digit keys, A-Y alphabet keys and F1,F2,F3 keys") on it , and is connected through the serial port of the PC. My application has to capture which key/button is pressed and released on the Control Panel board. When a key/button is pressed or released on the Control Panel board, my application should post the appropriate message to the main handling application which is responsible for processing...

Working with recovered Money files
Does anyone have advice or experience working with Money files recovered through a complete format restore recovery? I have recovered 68 .mny type files from a Harddrive that had a PC restore image overlayed on it. This was MS Money 2007 under Vista Ultimate. The recovered files are semi-genericly labeled with "Recovered_MS-Money_##" they just show today's new save date and range in size from 60KB to 23,300KB. When viewed in Wordpad the largest files have an opening line that says "MSISAM Database" before the gibberish code begins. I tried the Money standard r...