Creating Report with a Subreport

I am a novice user trying to create a report in Access 2007.

I am creating a report from my association's member database.  Each  report
consists of the member company's profile, and includes a subreport with the
contact details for the company's sub members, if they have any, inserted in
to the body of the main report.  The reports are linked by a field called
Member ID#.

My  problem is that what I am calling a report entry (a profile of one
coumpany, including the sub member subreport) is printed for each submember,
so if 5 subcontacts are listed for a particular company, 5 reports are
created for that company.   If there are no submembers associated with that
record, no report is created.
I created the report in design view, and inserted the subreport using the
subreport wizard.
What can I do so that there is exactly one report page corresponding to each
record?  I would appreciate simple instructions, becasuse I really don't know
what I am doing.
Thank you very much!
--
M. Lane
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Create the subreport first and make sure that all the entries are in place,
listed as they would be on a continuous form. Make sure that the CompanyID
is included in the subreport, but you can set its Visible property to False.

Now turn on the toolbox wizards (the magic wand icon in the toolbox) Create
the main report and add a subreport control. The wizard will pop up and ask
the name of the subreport. Then it will ask which field to link on. Answer
that the CompanyID field (or whatever you've called it) is the linking
field. That's all you need.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"mlane" <mlane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am a novice user trying to create a report in Access 2007.
>
> I am creating a report from my association's member database.  Each
> report
> consists of the member company's profile, and includes a subreport with
> the
> contact details for the company's sub members, if they have any, inserted
> in
> to the body of the main report.  The reports are linked by a field called
> Member ID#.
>
> My  problem is that what I am calling a report entry (a profile of one
> coumpany, including the sub member subreport) is printed for each
> submember,
> so if 5 subcontacts are listed for a particular company, 5 reports are
> created for that company.   If there are no submembers associated with
> that
> record, no report is created.
> I created the report in design view, and inserted the subreport using the
> subreport wizard.
> What can I do so that there is exactly one report page corresponding to
> each
> record?  I would appreciate simple instructions, becasuse I really don't
> know
> what I am doing.
> Thank you very much!
> --
> M. Lane

0
Arvin
12/19/2007 8:19:20 PM
  Thanks for your quick reply! Unfortunately, I think that I followed most of
your instructions and still had the same problem.  I did not create a new
main report using the report wizard but did it in design view instead.  I
used the report wizard to create a report of the submembers, and inserted it
into the main report using the subreport wizard.  I linked it as directed.  I
continue the have the problem where multiple identical pages are inserted
into the report for each member company.  The number of extra pages for each
record corresponds to the number of employees listed as sub members in the
subreport.  Do you understand what is happening?  I would appreciate any
advice you could give.
Thanks!
Michael
You are getting multiples because it can't link on the Key. Open the report
in Design View, select the subreport and open the property sheet. On the
Data tab, check the Link Master/Link Child values, they must be correct or
you will get multiples.
--

>  Thanks for your quick reply! Unfortunately, I think that I followed most
> of
> your instructions and still had the same problem.  I did not create a new
> main report using the report wizard but did it in design view instead.  I
> used the report wizard to create a report of the submembers, and inserted
> it
> into the main report using the subreport wizard.  I linked it as directed.
> continue the have the problem where multiple identical pages are inserted
> into the report for each member company.  The number of extra pages for
> each
> record corresponds to the number of employees listed as sub members in the
> subreport.  Do you understand what is happening?  I would appreciate any
> advice you could give.
> Thanks!
> Michael

0
Arvin
12/21/2007 3:15:22 AM
Arvin,

Just wanted to say thanks for answering mlane's question.  I was able to use
the same information myself for the same problem.

mlane,

If you're receiving notification of replies and Arvin answered your
question, please return to this posting and annotate it.  This will help the
next person as well.  I myself request that all threads (answered or not)
that match my query are displayed but some folks don't have the time to read
through every thread and only look for the answered ones.

Thanks for asking the question before I did mlane, and thanks Arvin for
answering it.  :)

"Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:

> Create the subreport first and make sure that all the entries are in place,
> listed as they would be on a continuous form. Make sure that the CompanyID
> is included in the subreport, but you can set its Visible property to False.
>
> Now turn on the toolbox wizards (the magic wand icon in the toolbox) Create
> the main report and add a subreport control. The wizard will pop up and ask
> the name of the subreport. Then it will ask which field to link on. Answer
> that the CompanyID field (or whatever you've called it) is the linking
> field. That's all you need.
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> http://www.datastrat.com
> http://www.mvps.org/access
> http://www.accessmvp.com
>
> "mlane" <mlane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am a novice user trying to create a report in Access 2007.
> >
> > I am creating a report from my association's member database.  Each
> > report
> > consists of the member company's profile, and includes a subreport with
> > the
> > contact details for the company's sub members, if they have any, inserted
> > in
> > to the body of the main report.  The reports are linked by a field called
> > Member ID#.
> >
> > My  problem is that what I am calling a report entry (a profile of one
> > coumpany, including the sub member subreport) is printed for each
> > submember,
> > so if 5 subcontacts are listed for a particular company, 5 reports are
> > created for that company.   If there are no submembers associated with
> > that
> > record, no report is created.
> > I created the report in design view, and inserted the subreport using the
> > subreport wizard.
> > What can I do so that there is exactly one report page corresponding to
> > each
> > record?  I would appreciate simple instructions, becasuse I really don't
> > know
> > what I am doing.
> > Thank you very much!
> > --
> > M. Lane

how do i create an office data connection file
i want to call a parameterized data connection. i want to eventually put this in office sharepoint server 2007's data connection library. every time i open the connection file i have successfully created that connects to the db, it want me to pick a table. i can cancel out of that and change it to sql and say to use a procedure, but i can't save this file, and the "Edit Query..." and "Parameters..." buttons are disabled so i can't set parameters. why is it so hard to work with this thing? thanks ...

Time reg: Creating an Outlook Calendar appointment from the order
It would be a great feature when it comes to time registration, if it was possible from the Order View in the CRM Outlook client to draw an order directly into the Outlook Calendar, thereby using it for time registration. In that case, it should be possible to select which data fields would be transferred to the Outlook Calendar Appointment, enabling all sorts of time usage statistics. I'm quite certain many companies would benefit from such a feature. I know we would. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most...

Formula In Crystal Reports
Hi All, I'm just starting to learn Crystal right now but it's all very new to me so I was just curious if anyone knows if you can do formulas in it. I'd like to take a custom CRM field called setup cost on a product and add all the values of this field up in a quote. Ie if there are 3 products all with seperate setup costs I want to add those together. Or will this have to be done a different way? Thanks all Tom Hi, Crystal supports both VB and Crystal Reports formulas. the help files are quite good regarding formulas, and the 9.2.2 CR with enhanced edition has an excel...

Creating a chart with text not numbers
How do I create a chart that has text values (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior) instead of numbers (1, 2, 3, 4)? I have a column labeled "What is your class standing?" and below it is 166 rows where people selected "Freshman," "Sophomore," etc. I want to create a bar chart that counts how many people selected each of the four classes. Thanks, Alan First of all, you will have numbers to plot. The words are your category labels. Read how to turn a column of words like this into a histogram: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Histograms.html - Jon...

Creating Emails (Recevied) with SDK
I've been trying to write a SDK program that will take a file of received emails and upload them to CRM. I need to do this programmatically and have multiple people in the to address (Data Migration Wizard only allows 1). I can create emails easily enough and create the emails. However, I cannot set incoming emails where the sender is a contact to closed and received. Has anyone tried this before? ...

Turn Off SOP Transfer Log Report
Is there any way to not have the SOP Transfer Log show up? We usually just hit the Cancel button on the Report Destination window but it gets annoying when you transfer 100-150 orders a day. I know you can go into the posting setup to cancel posting reports but I can't find anyway to stop the Transfer Log. -- Scott Scott, No, there isn't a method built in to do this. You'd need a customization using Dexterity or I think you could use VBA to do this as well. patrick mbs developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ri...

Creating a Relationship Between Order Product (salesorderdetail) and Service Activity (serviceappointment)
Hi folks, We are using CRM 4.0 to run a consulting business. Its working pretty well but we want to simply the way we are doing some things. What we want to do is create an Order (salesorder) with multiple Order Products (salesorderdetal). So good so far. Next I want to be able associate each Order Product (salesorderdetail) with a Service Activity (serviceappointment), this representing that this billable line item in the order is actually going to be fulfilled as a consuting engagement. The problem is, I can't seem to be able to create an association between the Order Product (salesor...

ESM
Hi, I created some Public folders in OL 2003 before Xmas no problems as I am the administrator for the local domains server & Exchange admin. Today I tried to create additonal folders form my LAN XP machine but continually receive the error of: Unable to create the folder. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator. When I look at the folder properties in OL I see the folder contact is NT USER:S-1-5-21-606747145-1682526488-682003330-1109 but I have no idea who that is...or was more likely! If I then g...

Creating a list of info in A1 cell in multiple worksheets
How can I create a list of the info/contents in the A1 cell in multiple worksheets? I am trying to create a summary worksheet of the data from 90 worksheets and would like to be able to list the headers in the A1 cell vertically. 'Right click on the summary sheet tab, and paste in this macro. 'Edit where appropriate: Sub CreateSummary() 'Starting row for summary: i = 1 For Each Sheet In ThisWorkbook.Sheets If Sheet.Name <> Me.Name Then 'Control What column to place data in Me.Cells(i, "A").Value = Sheet.Range("A1").Value i = i + 1...

Report width will not shrink
I have a report that was originally designed as legal size, but by eliminating a few columns is now landscape letter size. However I am unable to shrink the width from 12" to 9" - there seems to be something invisible to me in one of the headers, footers or detail sections. I have tried everything to try to select whatever it is that is 12" wide but am unable to find it. I have tried CTRL A for select all, tried highlighting from the top or the side, etc but nothing shows up. It has to be a line or something, but when I preview the report the second page is blank. I ...

Inserting rows slow on large report
I have a large report I maintain with 3 data tabs and 2 report tabs, 1 for top 10 customers, about 400 rows, and another for all other customers, about 4000 rows. Every month I have to update it for any new customer/product combinations. I have optimized the formulas to the best of my abilities and gotten a full recalc time down from 3 min to 30 sec, which is acceptable. My biggest problem now is that every time I need to add a row (or delete one for that matter) it takes about 15 seconds (on the 4k row report, adding to the top 10 customers report takes 3-5 seconds), per row....

Create Assembly Call
hi All, can the create assembly call under update entity be used to add a certain number of hours/days/months/years to a date. i am trying to do this workflow if variable 1 = yes then create a task update variable 1 sent = yes variable 1 date = execution time can i use the create assembly workflow to add x number of days to variable 1 date and show in variable 2 date. any advice would be helpful please. thanks heaps regards Ridhima If Variable 1 Date is a DateTime field in CRM, then yes. You can use the Add DateTime assembly to take the Value in the DateTime field (which would be t...

Parmeters in Reports
Hello, I have a report generated from a query. The field names are add1, add2 and add3, productname. The data in the fields: add1-add3 are the same. I would like to be prompted when I open the report for the data in fields add1, add2 and add3. Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200708/1 Open the query in design view. Add this as criteria for add1 --- [Enter add1 info] If you want the query to return records that have all if the criteria you enter then put criteria for the rest on the same criteria row. Otherwi...

sending to group gets "sending reported error 0x80040610"
Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Sending' reported error (0x80040610) : 'Unknown Error 0x80040610' This person sent an email to a distribution group we have set up. It seems that everyone got it but the error came to her like that. Any ideas? Bryce. Does this help? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885917 -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Bryce" <fukuzz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:46119f2c$0$503$815e3792@news.qwest.net... > Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Sending' reported e...

CRM, Reporting Services & Forms Authentication
Our company has an app with forms auth that is integrated with Reporting Services. We have forms auth working successfully with Reporting Services. We'd like to integrate CRM and still use forms auth. Is this possible with CRM? Would anyone be kind enough to point me to any documentation or examples of CRM w/ forms auth & Reporting Services? ...

How to create a floating bar chart vertically not horizontally...
Hi, The technique is the same for both column and bar charts, which is to use a stacked chart and remove the formatting from the series used to 'float' your data. See Jon's explanation. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FloatingColumns.html Cheers Andy Cristina wrote: -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

New Entity visit Report and Integration of Participants (MS CRM 3.
Hello Newsgroup, We have created a new Entity called visit reports. We have to add Participants in this new entity. It would nice, if we could have a field like the Participants in the appointment, where you can select the Participants from Contacts, Accounts, and Users. I'll hope , some of you have a idear. Regards Thomas You have to create a new relationship for your custom entity to the types of participants you want to be available. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Thomas Haller" wrote: > Hello Newsgroup, > > We have created a new Entity...

Crystal Report 9.2.2!!!
Hello All, I have install crystal report 9 then I download crystal 9.2.2 and start the setup. first it uninstall crystal report 9 and then it starts installing 9.2.2 and ask the CD KEY I enter Crystal Report 9.0 CD key but it does not accept that KEY. How can I update Crystal 9.0 to Crystal 9.2.2??? Thanks in Advance, Naveed. recheck the key...you only need to install 9.2.2 then enter the 9.0 key -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Naveed" <nrehman@marsonssoft.com> wrote in message news:e%23...

How do I create a new macro in Outlook 2007?
Below is the macro, copied from MS Word, where it works perfectly! In Outlook I get all sorts of error messages and debugging, which I don't understand. Thanks for any help. Sub SafariCare() ' ' SafariCare Macro ' Macro recorded 6/4/2007 by Eva Wilson ' Selection.TypeText Text:= _ "Thank you for your participation in the SafariCare program! " Selection.TypeText Text:= _ " Attached are the program guidelines for your convenience. " Selection.TypeParagraph Selection.TypeParagraph Selection.TypeText Text:= _ ...

Junk E-mail folder
Is it possible to configure the Junk E-mail folder to automatically and permanently delete items older than 30 days? Thanks. You can use the AutoArchiving to do that. Right click on the folder, choose Properties and go to the AutoArchive tab "Jaycee" <jaycee131973@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%232IGo%238NGHA.2300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to configure the Junk E-mail folder to automatically and > permanently delete items older than 30 days? ...

Report Columns
I am trying to add columns to my report but am having some difficulty. The report is basically a form letter. It is grouped on the employee’s unique ID. In that group header is the letter, Dear so and so etc. It is the details portion that I am trying to get into two columns. Is there something I am missing on how to do this. I would rather no put a sub report in to accomplish this. Thank you Jason, Well, the subform would be an easy way to go about that. However, I would think you could use the ID group header to display the first part of the letter, the detail section to disp...

Trying to create completely server side, document merge
I was given the task of designing a complete web based document prep system. In simplest terms (using a msword explanation) create a database of merge fields, and a library of templates. Allow the webuser to select the template, merge his DB record, and produce a formatted document that can be printed or downloaded. We need to do this without specialized software on the client, since it will be universally available to webusers. We considered using PDF, but the creation of the templates were painfully slow, and the datamerge had severe space limitations (the form could not adequately...

weird sum on report
Hi everyone I'm building a report based on several crosstab qry and it seem ok with values. That report has group values. I want, at some point, a line with totals as well as a line with the difference between 2 lines, like expenses to sales. Quite simple, i guess. Result : not only it doesn't subtract in some grouping/levels, as well it doesn't sum the other 4 lines i need. Is this weird or not? (lol) Tks in advance for all your help. Pedro Pedro, I don't see anything wrong from where I sit. Of course, I can't see your crosstabs, data, grouping levels, expressions, ...

Creating a report that tracks stock's life cycle (buy, transfer, s
Greetings and Salutations I purchase ABC stock, and it is held by my broker "Those Brothers". I purchase more ABC stock at different times. These transactions are recorded in Money. I move my investments from "Those Brothers" to the "Quiet Company" and I purchase more ABC stock at various times. The Transfer Out and the additional Buys are all recorded in Money. I decide to sell a lot of ABC stock (spanning multple purchases and multiple investment firms) and use the FIFO method. Somehow Money knows which shares it is selling, I would like to get a report...

Recover missing Z-Report
One of my clerks received an error message during running a Z-Report....she did not note the error so I have no idea what it is...the report did not print yet manager says there is a Z-Report but it is blank...all the transactions are in manager and it says there is a Z-Report but it is totally blank....any way to regenerate this Z-report or make it so it's not blank? ...