Creating a form

I have a form with a subform that allows a person to enter all the Sold to Ship To on the top form and the details on the subform.I would like to create a print button on the form that they can click after they finish entering the subform information that will print out a P.O. with all the top and subform info correctly placed on it.Is this very difficult? I am just not sure how it will know to print the current record?Thanks for your help
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

After you add a button to the form to print a report, open the code module and modify the OpenReport method to add a where argument.  Help and Intellisense will help you with syntax."Dig" <Dig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9827CC24-4D6B-48C4-B1B5-3293FE0AC912@microsoft.com...>I have a form with a subform that allows a person to enter all the Sold to> Ship To on the top form and the details on the subform.>> I would like to create a print button on the form that they can click > after> they finish entering the subform information that will print out a P.O. > with> all the top and subform info correctly placed on it.>> Is this very difficult? I am just not sure how it will know to print the> current record?>> Thanks for your help
0
Pat

Code to fill Word form for multiple records from Access
This is the code I've been working with, but it freezes Access: Private Sub Command66_Click() 'Print Physician Profile. Dim appWord As Word.Application Dim doc As Word.Document 'Avoid error 429, when Word isn't open. On Error Resume Next Err.Clear 'Set appWord object variable to running instance of Word. Set appWord = GetObject(, "Word.Application") If Err.Number <> 0 Then 'If Word isn't open, create a new instance of Word. Set appWord = New Word.Application End If Set rs = Db.OpenRecordset rst.Open Me.RecordSource, CurrentProject.Co...

Cannot create new PO
We cannot create new PO in the system. We are getting an error "Item Engineering for this Item must be configured" when we try to create a new PO and select a line item Any ideas? I cannot think of anything significant, but this started after we configured Item Resource Planning for Items for use with PO Generator application. Hi Aman, I had the same issue when MFG was installed. It appears that the Item Engineering Data must exist for all items you want to use. Instead of entering Item Engineering Data for all items, I ran an SQL query to populate the Item Engineering Data t...

Input a date using a Form Button.
Hi, Please help as I'm totally lost with this one! I'm doing a little project for work and I have come across a littl problem with a date input that I have set up using a Form Button. No this button once pressed enters the date just as I want, into th correct Cell (the buttons called "Todays Date") Now I have recorded macro so that the button executes the =TODAY() comand - which is fin untill the date changes!! As you can emagine I need the date to stay a it was when first pressed as its a database I'm trying to compile. Does this make any sense to you all?? I will...

Creating Universal Groups with Distribution Group members?
Hello all. We have a Windows 2003 Active Directory with Exchange 2003, and I don't really want to duplicate work, but I think I may have to (ugh!). Here is the deal. I need to create an All Managers Universal Group with every group that has managers in it. So, what I tried doing, was I created a Universal Group and added the _All Managers DL into it -- but that didn't seem to work, according to my boss who asked me to create this UG for him. So, my question is, am I not allowed to add DL members to a Universal Security Group? And if now, is there any way that I can take...

when is the time right to create a sub to do something?
hello i have a project where i have lots of fields that filter things on the forms. i have the typical apply filter button, but i have also been using a key catch for the enter key. when a user updates the filtering field and hits enter i cause it to requery the sub query that the filtering field creates a filter for. on some forms the amount of times i put in the code: If KeyAscii = vbKeyReturn Then Me.mySubform.Requery End If is ridiculous. so the question is should i make a routine for the form(s) that calls the little bit of code? it seems so repeatative to put th...

Journal Form...?
On my computer at work, in the Outlook (Xp) Journal - form, the pull down for "Entry Type" is blank except for "Access, Excel, Power Point..." Where did the "Phone Call, Note, Fax, Meeting, etc..." go? How do I get the proper list back? I have tried [Help-Detect and Repair] I have tried Properties (in Form Design) but the first page of the Journal Form in design mode is null... The various Journal entry types are registry entries. See http://www.inquiry.com/techtips/exo_pro/10min/10min0999.asp for information about how to add custom entries. The same pr...

Creating Bubble Charts
How do you create a bubble chart that displays the legend as a description of the 3rd variable (the bubble size)? For example, how would you create the following bubble chart where the x-axis is column B, y-axis is column C, bubble size is column D and legend is column A? A1: B1:Gross Rev C1:Net Income D1:# of Plants A2:East B2:830,000 C2:35,000 D2:26 A3:West B3:620,000 C3:54,000 D3:13 A4:North B4:150,000 C4:80,000 D4:40 A5:South B5:41,000 C5:15,000 D5:35 Any insight will be helpful! Hi Tina I would create a bubble chart and use one of the following tools for labelling the...

Create a button to find the next record
Hi I am trying to create a button to find the next record for a particular studentID. There is a main form and subform. I want to be able to find all relevent subforms for a particular student. The master link id is STUDENTID and the child link id is STUDENTID_FK. So for student #1, when I click on the subform and click on the button, it would cycle through all this student's records. What is the best way to set up this button? Thank you for your help in advance. You already have one that is built in. Just click the navigation button right of the record number ...

i created folders and now they are gone help!
I'm on outlook 2007, put important emails in there and poof, gone! it's magic Check your View. "jdoubleh" <jdoubleh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3EEAA52B-897C-437D-AA01-15983153EBAC@microsoft.com... > I'm on outlook 2007, put important emails in there and poof, gone! ...

open form with no data
Hi, I have a form on which i present al lot of data from a database. On the form is a comobox which i use to select the right record en present the data of this record on the form. When i open de form, de combobox is empty (which is good !) but the rest of the form is already filled with the data of a record in the database (which is not good). When i choose a record for the combobox, the form is filled with the data of that particular record (which is good). So the only problem i have is on opening the form. Is it possible to open the form without it being filled with data...

Creating new data file
How do I create a new data file in Outlook. at the moment I have one personal folder that contains every contact and mail in sub folders. I wish to create a business file that is solely for that purpose and is seperate from any of my other contacts. E.G. Business Folder> Enquiries Sales Purchases Orders Pending Shipped Contacts My server TN4 my Client win98 1. How do I create postoffice in server ? (with outlook 2000) 2. how do i create out look 2000 in my client win98? please send me about detail procedur conecting installation in server and client. thank four your attentions ...

how can I attach a single access database form to an email
I want to attach a single database form to an email, im not sure if this is possible, Do you really mean a Form or a Report? Steve "tony" wrote: > I want to attach a single database form to an email, im not sure if this is > possible, Hi Steve, yes a report "SteveM" wrote: > Do you really mean a Form or a Report? > > Steve > > "tony" wrote: > > > I want to attach a single database form to an email, im not sure if this is > > possible, ...

Error creating Distribution group SBS 2003/Exchange 2003
When I try and create a mail enabled dist group I get an error message that "Exchange could not create public folder" Then if I choose OK it says "Do you want to keep this dist group?" I have tried everything I can think of. We have to create these folders ASAP. How can I troubleshoot this? I tried network monitoring but that didn't help - unless I am doing something wrong. SBS and Exchange on same server obviously. Dan "Danno" <Danno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I try and create a mail enabled dist group I get an error message tha...

password protected to sub form
i have a form which don't want to be used by everyone.it should be protected with a password. i have Main form which calls many sub forms, one of the sub forms need to be protected with password. Below are the forms created in my database frmForm frmMain1 frmPassword frmForm has a command button(cmdDo) which calls Form(frmPassword). in frmPassword there is text box(PASSWORD),when i type password as A to my text box this should open my frmMain1 ...

Open form to specific record from button on continuous form
I have a continous form with limited data and I would like to have a button which then opens up a selected record in another form. I've placed the button via the wizard and, while it opens the form, it doesn't open to the selected record. It it possible to have a button on a continous form which would then open to a bookmarked record on another form? The wizard put this code, is it possible to modify this? Thanks. Private Sub btnOpenForm_Click() On Error GoTo btnOpenForm_Click_Err DoCmd.OpenForm "frmName", acNormal, "", """...

Creating a form from two tables
Im looking for assistance. This database is used for evaluations. so a manager completes a form that has 25 questions. They do 4 evaluations a month on each employee. I have 3 tables the Evaluation information (Table 1), The Answer Information (Table 2) and the Question Table (Table 3) Is there a way to popuplate at form that has all the Evaluation Information, lists each question from table 3 with the Answer Information for each of those questions from Table 2. I haven't begun creating this database yet so if there is a better way to do it i am open to suggestions. Tabl...

Xrefs from Form Fields not Visible
I've got a form that uses xrefs (bookmarks) to repeat field text elsewhere in the doc. Some of the xrefs are showing up as gray boxes, but not all are. The xrefs are functional even if invisible. Removing the \h switch from the xref fields and updating the field does not cause the field to become gray. The paragraph style is the same for both visible and invisible xrefs. I'd like them all to be shown as gray boxes so that my (tech-unsavvy) users can see that the fields are actually there. I do have Show Bookmarks (and Field Shading) checked ON in Word Options. Tha...

Is there a way to create a customer log in section,
Is there a way to create a customer log in area, so that I can create log in names and passwords? You will probably need to use php and a MySQL db to do this. Mike Ottolikestogetbloto wrote: > Is there a way to create a customer log in area, so that I can create log in > names and passwords? ...

Prevent user from closing form -- form event
I have 2 buttons on my form. Button1 to import the data and Button2 to upload to database. I want user to click first on button1 and then next on button2 before closing the form. What form event I should use to prevent user from closing the form with out clicking on 2nd button? Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/201004/1 You can use the Unload event. You can prevent the form closing by setting Cancel = True in the unload event. You will need a way to notify the form that uploading has finished. You can put a...

ACCESS 2007, want to create comment/remarks section.
To any MS ACCESS 2007 users: I'm using a Contact List Database and there should be a plus sign to the left of each record that acts as a toggle to open and close a comments section for typing the results of each phone call I make. Does anyone know how to add this feature to an existing database? On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:07:02 -0800, MusicFan381 <MusicFan381@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >To any MS ACCESS 2007 users: I'm using a Contact List Database and there >should be a plus sign to the left of each record that acts as a toggle to >open and close a co...

SMTP address created by RUS
This is not a strict Exchange problem but I have run out of ideas. I have exchange 2003 and I want use Recipient Policies to create SMTP addresses for my users, there are six different domain names I need to use (.co.uk .com .de etc) The only way I can see to do this is by populating a user attribute and filtering against it in the recipient policy (at the moment I am using 'City' is exactly .......) but because this is set sometimes after the RUS has run the only way to correctly populate the proxyAddress is by re-applying the policy. I want a way of filtering against something...

How do I create new default color settings for charts in Excel?
I do not like the default color settings for my charts in Excel. I always end up modifying them extensively. I'd like to make as few changes as possible when my charts are created. Can I set new color defaults for charts created in Excel? Hi, You can set the colours for chart lines and fill. Menu Tools > Options. On the Color tab is a set of colours for Line and Fill. Cheers Andy pro user wrote: > I do not like the default color settings for my charts in Excel. I always end > up modifying them extensively. I'd like to make as few changes as possible > when my char...

How to create a saved view within CRM for postcode ranges
Is there anyway of generating a saved view of employer postcodes between certain ranges (eg, Between 4000 and 4800) within CRM? ...

How do i create a record form out of each rows?

Create rule after email message sent
Is there a way to create a rule, whereby once an email is sent to a recipient it will automatically move to a designated folder. Example send an email to ABC Company from DCE company, i would like to have a folder called DCE and once the email is sent it will automatically move to this designated file. I have found a way to have a copy put into the proper file but not moved. I am trying to avoid having two copies of the same email in two different locations, the sent folder and the dce folder? Anyone have any ideas. I have three different companies I would like to automize this f...