Create Custom Tab

I would like to know how can I create a custom tab on Access2007 and How to
create custome group on it
--
Nat
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Error Creating Order From Quote
We have ONE user (out of 20) that has created a Quote , set it as WON, then fails to create an Order with this standard message: "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server .... Contact Your System Administrator" Where can I look to see what the real error is? The HRESULT or a error string or something more descriptive. I should of mentioned I know about the trace. I turned it on the production box for a bit and got .. Error: Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown. Error Number: 0x80004005 Error Message: Unspecified error Error D...

Assistance requested: Macro to create specially formatted comment?
I occasionally need to include a photo in an Excel sheet (such as a serial number plate or an aircraft part) and learned a handy, unobtrusive method: In a blank cell (I usaully have text "Photo" entered as a user hint), I insert a comment but delete the text (usually my profile/login name), then I format the cell for color/fill/picture and browse choose the photo. When a user subsequently points to the cell, the photo pops up. When the mouse is pointed away, the photo disappears. File size is not an issue - I have relatively unlimited capacity and the small JPG photos don't e...

Use of Worksheet Tab Name
Want to put a new name on a worksheet tab (which I know how to do) and then reference that TAB on the work sheet. For example, if I name a worksheet XYZ, need a process where I can say Cell A1 (or whatever) = TAB NAME (XYZ or anything). How do I do that? one way: =MID(CELL("filename",A1), FIND("]", CELL("filename",A1))+1, 255) In article <Grampa425.sxppz@excelforum.com>, Grampa425 <Grampa425.sxppz@excelforum.com> wrote: > Want to put a new name on a worksheet tab (which I know how to do) and > then reference that TAB on the work sheet. ...

Problem with sizing Sub Forms on tabbed forms
Hi, I have an existing application that was designed with several seperate forms. They now want to convert that to a tabbed interface. I have sized the forms uniformly such that they all fit the tabbed control pages. When I load them onto the tabbed pages though they all show differently. Some show large white margins on the bottom but do not show the whole form. Others show similar effects on the right side. Am I missing some magic setting?? Thanks Frustrated The subform is sitting in a holder. You want to re-size the holder, not the subform. Go out to the edge ...

Customizing the error message
Is there are way to change one of the default error messages such as this one: "You or another user may have unexpectedly quit Microsoft Office Access while a Microsoft Office Access database was open. Do you want Microsoft Office Access to attempt to repair the database" Basically, I just want to add some additional instructions to the above. The error message appears @ startup. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Sharon ...

Why does my excel program create a .xls:1 extension?
The :1 does not show on my documents, but when the file is open it shows ..xls:1 in the file name. Laura This means you have created two windows of the same file. If you go to Window you will see filename.xls:2 Close one of the Windows using the "X" at top right. Save the workbook. The two windows were created using Window>New Window. Handy feature if you want two or more windows open with different views. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 12:32:21 -0700, "Laura" <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >The :1 does not show on my documents, ...

Tray Area Balloon Window Customized
Hi, I would like to customize a balloon window that is displayed over my application's tray icon in the windows's tray area. I need to customize the border, and size etc. Is it possible ? Maybe this will help you get started: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/message_balloons.asp Tom "Simon Guertin" <sguertin@AtTrelliaNetworks.com> wrote in message news:eeUri6yXGHA.3328@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, I would like to customize a balloon window that is displayed over my > application's tray icon in the windows's tray area. I need to customize > t...

delegate tab missing in Outlook 98 running W2k
The delegate tab is missing in Outlook 98 when a regular user logs on the Windows 2000 computer, but it is there if they are given admin privi. Gave "Everyone" full control to the Office key in the reg. Thanks. ...

Creating Hourly Time Format (0-23hrs)
Does anyone know how to format hours in Excel to get a 0-23 axis for a daily chart? I am currently doing the following and getting a 1-24 hours daily chart. Ican't figure out how to make this 0-23 intead of A B [1] 1 ROUNDDOWN(A1,-2)/2400 +MOD(A2,100)/1440 = 01:00 [2] 2 ROUNDDOWN(A1,-2)/2400 +MOD(A2,100)/1440 = 02:00 [3] 3 ROUNDDOWN(A1,-2)/2400 +MOD(A2,100)/1440 = 03:00 To be clearer I want 01:00, 02:00, and 03:00 to read 00:00, 01:00 and 02:00. Regards RK "ExcelMon...

Customize "Paste Special" default choices
In Powerpoint 2002, I'd like to have my default choice (when I choose Paste special) be the Picture (Enhanced Metafile). Is there a way to do this permanently for my version of PowerPoint 2002 ? (I don't want to have a unique script for just one file) In article <51E0F3D8-3D13-43BA-92B1-2965A50CD82C@microsoft.com>, Laura wrote: > In Powerpoint 2002, I'd like to have my default choice (when I choose Paste > special) be the Picture (Enhanced Metafile). Is there a way to do this > permanently for my version of PowerPoint 2002 ? (I don't want to have...

How to keep tabs from disappearing ?
-- How to keep Home tabs and others from disappearing ? Double click on a tab to toggle the tabs so that the contents appear all of the time or only when a tab is click upon. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Albertino" <Albertino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E96A195C-FC1A-4E8F-A331-90911C3D23D7@microsoft.com... > > -- > How to keep Home tabs and others from dis...

How to create a criteria like this??
Hi. I need to have a special criteria to my querie. I have a Employees table, in that table I have this fields: (the type if this fields are Yes/No) - Manager - Responsable - Chief One employee can be any of those, Manager and Chief; Responsable and Chief, etc... So, here is my problem. I a form, I have two combo box, one to choose the type of employee and the other the mane of the employee. What I want is, when I choose Manager in Combo box1, I want that appear in combo box2 all managers, I mean, I users that has Yes on Manager field. If I choose Chief, I want that in com...

Creating toolbar icons for new HTML email message
Using OL2003. Is it possible to create toolbar buttons that toggle the following (in new HTML message, using Word as editor): Show BCC Do not save message to sent items I know that both of these settings are available under the options button, but I use them often and it takes a few clicks to get to them. Thanks "Jack B. Pollack" <N@NE.nothing> wrote in message news:e$DwH0xUKHA.1372@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Using OL2003. > > Is it possible to create toolbar buttons that toggle the following (in new > HTML message, using Word as editor): > > Sho...

How to customize Word dialog controls
I'm looking for a way to make changes to a Word dialog itself. Is this possible? My specific problem is with the SpellCheck dialog. Originally, I thought changes could only be made to your document by clicking the "Change" button but I recently discovered that the top textbox which displays the entire current sentence can be edited!!! This is a real problem for forms protected documents where we temporarily turn off the forms protection to allow the TextBox form fields to be spell checked by Word. Why in the world would Word allow the user to insert and rem...

Not allowed to create new customers at the POS
When trying to add customers to the POS, I get an error code: "You are not allowed to create new customers at the POS". It worked fine with the Tailspin Toys database... but it doesn't seem to work with the blank database (restored from the CD-Rom). The administrator has all permissions allowed as the POS user? Any ideas? I didn't realize that this was not a right, and rather it was a configuration item. To solve the problem, you go to File -> Configuration -> options -> customer options-> and select "Allow new customers at POS". "iliad" ...

Uaing custom charts with other computers
I am changing between two custom charts using VBA. But the charts are stored locally in a file Xlusrgal.xls. If used on other computers, they wound not have these custom charts Can a custom chart be copied from chart to chart within a workbook? Or something better? Excel 97. ...

Print group of records with same Customer name
I'd like some assistance in writing VBA version 6 code in Excel 2002. I have a spreadsheet that has the following column headers: Customer-Project-Site-TFID-Point-Run Hours Under each column header could be a varying amount of customer names with varying amounts of rows. What I'd like to do is, for each different customer name, print the associated rows altogether. Please note that the rows are already sorted in ascending order by Customer then Project, i.e., they are not scattered in different rows. Please notify me of any other information needed to develop a soluti...

dynamically create unlimited dropdown box
I need some help to create unlimited dropdown boxes(dynamically) on user form in Excel 2000 using VBA. 1. when click on the add button on the user form, a dropdown box shoul be created. When click the add button again, another dropdown box wil be created underneath the previous dropdown box. When click the delet button, the dropdown box selected should be deleted from the form. 2. So far I had no idea. But I created a few dropdown boxes, a few o them were set to invisible(combobox1.visible = false), when click th add button, the event call to the macro set the property of th dropdown box...

Creating pick lists or pull down menus
I am currently using Excel 2000 to creat some sales tools for my company. I am interested in understanding how to create a pick list or pull down menu that would contain all of the allowed values for a given cell. Then by picking that value fills the cell. Is this too advanced a feature for Excel? ...

Outlook meeting tracking tab not updating acceptances
We have and Executive and Admin using Outlook XP SR-2 with Exchange 5.5 SP4 The Admin has delegate permissions to the Executives mailbox. All meeting requests get sent to the delegates not to the Executive. The Admin creates a meeting request for the Executive and sends it to several people. All the people accept the meeting and she receives all the acceptances in her inbox. However the Tracking tab in the Executives calendar for the particular meeting does not get updated that the people accepted the meeting. Any one have any ideas what the problem is? Thanks in advance, Jack Hackney, Jr ...

Worksheet tab names
Is there a way to reference a cell inside a worksheet to tell me th name of the worksheet? I have say 6 different worksheets in a file named Sales,Costs,etc and when I print the worksheets I want cell A1 t disply the worksheet name -- Ron Wilso ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ron Wilson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2729 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46795 Ron, here is one way, file must have been saved =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL(&qu...

custom message routing
we have 1 e2k3 server that is authoritative for our domain. in front of that we have a postfix server acting as a bridgehead with AV/Anit-Spam functionality. i am trying to figure out how/if i can route mail sent to 'notspam@domain.com' (which our e2k3 server is authoritative for) off of the e2k3 server and over to the postfix server. currently, if i send an email to 'notspam@domain.com' i recieve an NDR from our e2k3 box. i want exchange to send this message over to the postifx server. can this be done? TIA egrant <egrant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >we...

Custom page size
Hi How do I set a custom paper size in Excel 2002? Thanks Nick On my version/printer - go to File > Page setup, on the 'Page' tab click on the Options, on the following screen, click the 'Page setup' tab and at the bottom of the Page size list is a custom setting - click on that and it will allow you to input the size you want. Antony "Nick J Lock" <nick@regal5.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:078401c358ff$7d006af0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > > How do I set a custom paper size in Excel 2002? > > Thanks > > Nick ...

Install fails with "unable to create root business"
I have been trying to install MS CRM 1.2 on an SBS2003 server (clean install) with SQL2000 SP3a. The installation runs right through until what seems to be near the end. I watch it creating the organisation and then get a message "Unable to install CRM Server. Unable to provision the organisations. Unable to create root business". Reading through some of the other threads here I see that AD and DNS has some effect on this. I have not had any problems with DNS on the box but for good measure created the server as a BDC in case this helped - it didn't. The logging ends...

customize announcement (businessunitnewsarticle)
I want to customize announcement (businessunitnewsarticle) entitiy, but everything is disabled when I open the entity from the customization area. Is there a way to customize this entity? ...