Create application object for specific version of Access

I have multiple versions of Access installed on my PC.  For my
automation project is there a way to create an application object for
a specific version of Access?

In other words,

something like this:

dim o as object
set o= createobject("Access10.Application")

I know the above code doesn't work but you get what I'm trying to do...

0
bdtmike
5/30/2007 7:04:52 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Try:

set o= createobject("Access.Application.10")

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"bdtmike" <mike.aes@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have multiple versions of Access installed on my PC.  For my
> automation project is there a way to create an application object for
> a specific version of Access?
>
> In other words,
>
> something like this:
>
> dim o as object
> set o= createobject("Access10.Application")
>
> I know the above code doesn't work but you get what I'm trying to do...

0
Douglas
5/30/2007 7:12:03 PM
While wondering if Access Applications really do have
different CLSIDs for different versions (I don't have anything
installed here), I found this article:
http://www.geocities.com/floydian_99/inv4.html

You can specify the version of Access by changing the
file extension from .mdb to .CLSID.

Of course I knew that you could define your own file
extension to specify a particular version of Access, but
this is already defined: CLSIDs are automatically defined
as file extensions.

(david)

"Well, as it turns out, you can create a file, and instead of putting a
normal file extension as we normally do, we can put the associated CLSID as
the file's extension. But what's more interesting, it's that the file will
automatically assume the properties of the associated file extension, and
the extensions itself will be invisible."

> Try:
>
> set o= createobject("Access.Application.10")
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "bdtmike" <mike.aes@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >I have multiple versions of Access installed on my PC.  For my
> > automation project is there a way to create an application object for
> > a specific version of Access?
> >
> > In other words,
> >
> > something like this:
> >
> > dim o as object
> > set o= createobject("Access10.Application")
> >
> > I know the above code doesn't work but you get what I'm trying to do...

0
david

RE: How to access Hotmail in Outlook 2000?
Microsoft Knowledge Article 234704 "You cannot view Hotmail messages in Outlook 2000" http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q234704 SYMPTOMS Microsoft Outlook, unlike Microsoft Outlook Express, does not have an option to use Microsoft Hotmail e-mail accounts. The "Resolution" section provides a work around to access a Hotmail account. CAUSE Outlook does not support the integration of Hotmail e-mail accounts. RESOLUTION You can view your Hotmail e-mail in Outlook by creating a Hotmail folder and then associating a Web view of that folder that points t...

Excel 2000 Display a specific area
How do I display the print area ONLY in window? Do not want all the extra unused portion of spreadsheet to show. Just a blue background for that area. Is there a toggle somewhere that I am missing? You have posted your question to the wrong newsgroup ( this newsgroup is for the product called MS CRM), but the quick answer to your question is to use the Excel view called Page Break View. You access that under the menu named View (usually the third memu) then the options Page Break View (usually the second option). Good luck, Regan "K Howard" <howard@highlandpacific.om>...

Restrict DB Access
Is there a way in GP7.5 to restrict a user to only see a single SQL Database/Server when they login to GP? Thanks It's unclear exactly what you want to do. In GP, you can restrict access by user to the company databases via the User Access window. When you set up the ODBC DSN, you are determing which database server the user can access through GP. Additionally, if you happen to have multiple servers, the best way to handle it is to have different user accounts. -- Charles Allen, MVP "JDR" wrote: > Is there a way in GP7.5 to restrict a user to only see a si...

With TierDeveloper you can Design, Generate and Test Data Objects in no time
AlachiSoft �TierDeveloper� eradicates the problem of writing thousands of lines of code for your middle tier. Many software solutions on the market can do it for you but according to our research there are few solutions in market, which can really be of any benefit to the software developer, And TierDeveloper is one of them. TierDeveloper 3.0. is an O/R mapping and code generation tool that helps software developers boost their development efforts and generate n-tier applications in less time. With its easy to use and flexible interface, TierDeveloper lets you map middle-tier data ob...

Corrupt Access 2003 File
I was working on this file earlier today, I even just opened it and it was fine and all of a sudden there is a write delay to the save the file, I closed it and I try opening it again and it is corrupted. I don't get it. The message I am getting is below. What does that mean. I just finished making a lost of update to the file. The last time I backed it up was Tuesday, and I have done a lot of work to it between then and now. I don't have the time to go back and redo all that work again. Any help will be appreciated. "Microsoft Office Access has detected corruption in this ...

How to create a URL and when user clicks it to open a Excel workbook
Hello All I want to place a Excel workbook on the web server and create a URL link to it and when the user clicks on it to the URL/vbscript behind it must launch Excel on the client and open the URL linked Excel workbook automatically. Can you please share the code HTMl & VB script snippet that can do this. Thanks Belinda Hi, Belinda. This is a machine setting (whether IE or Excel is used to open a workbook on a website), and I don't believe that it's controllable with VBA or any other kind of script. <-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*->...

creating xsl style sheet for xml

Is there a replacement of Excell Vlookup function in Access?
I am convirting excell spread sheet with formula's to Access database and I run into this question how to imitate Vlookup function in Excell. For example in my excell file that I am trying to convirt to access I have a value of "1" in cell A1 and column BL2 has a value of "1", column BM2 has a value of "1 to 4". My excell function populates cell A2=VLOOKUP(A1,BL2:BM2,2) It looks at the value of "1" and if it's within the range of "1 to 4" it puts "1 to 4" into cell A2. How do I do this in Access? Is there another way of...

Excluding specific tender types from Z/X Report
I have a customer that has 190+ tender types setup in RMS for Accounting purposes, so when they print out the X/Z report, its very long. Is there anyway to exclude certain tender types from the print out, or if not, exclude all tender types. Thanks in advance for the help Phil ...

repair expression in access 2003
I fired up my db in access 2007. it has an expression=20 =3D[Title] & " & " &[title01] when running the db in access 2003, the expression fails with $#Name or = something like that. If I enter title01 it works fine, if I use Title it works fine. The expression is verbatim from the access 2003 help page. =3D[FirstName] & " " & [LastName] Displays the values of the FirstName = and LastName fields, separated by a space.=20 Running the 2003 db in access 2007, it works fine. My confidence in M$ = isn't up there where I'm ready to use JUST a 2007...

Bug in CImageList::DrawIndirect in MFC Version 8
The size of the IMAGELISTDRAWPARAMS struct (defined in CommCtrl.h) depends statically on the value of WINVER. However, CImageList::DrawIndirect overrides the value of the cbSize member according to the runtime version of Comctl32.dll. This messes up the display of images on XP and Vista, when WINVER is set to 0x0500 - as required for applications that can also run on Windows 2000. A workaround is to set imdlp.cbSize to sizeof(IMAGELISTDRAWPARAMS), then call AfxImageList_DrawIndirect(&imldp) instead. > The size of the IMAGELISTDRAWPARAMS struct (defined in CommCtrl.h) depends...

odd files created
Every time I open and edit an excel spreadsheet on a network share, small odd files get created. They are usually no larger than 25-40k and don't have any extensions to them. Looking at the properties page for any file, the file description says File. Anyone know what this is from or how to get rid of them? Permissions are setup correctly for me, Word files don't have this behavior. Excel 2000 SP3 Thanks, Hi Brian, A file the same size as the workbook would be created in the same directory as the workbook. The filename would be nonsensical (or appear to be random) character...

Create Login with T-SQL
Hello, I am creating, using T-SQL, a database with its file groups, tables, constraints, etc. Can I also create, using T-SQL, a Login with Username and Password to access that database? Usually, I go to Security > Logins of SSMS to manually create the login. However, if I could do the same using T-SQL I would have it all made automatically. Thanks, Miguel EVERYTHING that the GUI does winds up as tsql executions on the server. :-) Most of them you can generate a script for using the Script menu in the upper left of the current dialog window. This is a great way to ...

Outlook Today
On the Outlook Today page the "Options" button does nothing. We're still runnning Win 98 SE2 with no immediate hopes of upgrading. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. david <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > On the Outlook Today page the "Options" button does > nothing. We're still runnning Win 98 SE2 with no immediate > hopes of upgrading. Any help would be appreciated. Thank > you. This question has been asked and answered 100,000 times (literally). SEARCH for the answer. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson ...

How to Obtain the 128-bit Encryption Version of Outlook
Install: Windows 2000 Russian SP4 + Encpack_Win2000_RU Outlook 2000 Russian SP3 + out128 When sending the messages don't care encodes RC2 (40 bit). How to encode 3DES (168 bit)? ...

Creating Charts for Use in Powerpoint
I have a series of charts that I need to create for a Powerpoin presentation. I thought it would be easy to just create the charts/graphs in Exce and then just cut and paste to the PP-Slides. I'm finding that it isn' quite that easy. Here are some of my problems that I hope someone might be able to she some light on and give me some direction. 1. In Excel how do you control the size of the chart? - When I create a chart 1 and define the data ranges I get a goo looking chart then I thouht, why reinvent the wheel so I just copy th chart to create chart 2 and change the data range, but...

Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection & Publishing won't load
I am trying to utilize the Collect Data via e-mail function and keep receiving the following error: "The Microsoft Office Access Outlook Add-in is disabled in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. To collect data by using e-mail messages in Microsoft Access 2007, verify that this add-in is installed and enabled from within Office Outlook 2007." I have tried to remediate via the Trust Center/Add-in area in Outlook and don't see an add-in for Access (even though the error message says it is "disabled" it is nowhere to be found). I have tried to add it (I believe it is...

Create Calendar mtg invite template to avoid retyp'g conf no's?
I want to create a calendar template so that I can avoid retyping my conference call details in the location field everytime I create a new invite. How do I do this? In what version of OUtlook? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "GM" wrote: > I want to create a calendar template so that I can avoid retyping my > conference call details in the location field everytime I create a new > invite. How do I do this?...

Application wide transaction scope?!
Any ideas about using single transaction across pages of an application? Thank you Regards Raj "Raj" <Raj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9A5960D-0181-47D5-A3DE-8F6D342427D7@microsoft.com... > Any ideas about using single transaction across pages of an application? > > Thank you > > Regards > Raj Yes. Do them as logic transactions rather than database transactions. IE hold your data in memory in a collection of some sort - a list or two lists or a dataset. Then write them to the database in one go. Holding a databa...

How do I create a chart in Excel using data from two worksheets
I am trying to create a chart using data from two separate worksheets but it will only allow me to use the information from one. Here is one way: I made a chart from data in A10:B20 on sheet1 (A was the x-category data) I copied some cells from Sheet2, right clicked in chart area of chart and used Paste After the copy, I could have left clicked the chart and used Edit | Paste Special to specify more about the data I want to paste. Try it and come back with more questions. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "cdptuesdays" <...

Ho to dynamically create links to other worksheets?
Hi! I want to access data from another Excel-File. The name of according file is the concatenation of "data" and the (text-) value in Column A. This works... A B -- ----------------------------------------------------------- 01 =index('[file01]data'!$A$A; match(...,'[file01]data'!$B$B)) 02 =index('[file02]data'!$A$A; match(...,'[file02]data'!$B$B)) 03 =index('[file03]data'!$A$A; match(...,'[file03]data'!$B$B)) 04 =index('[file04]data'!$A$A; match(...,'[file04]data'!$B$B)) .... but I would like to replace the t...

Tool to Create High-Color Icons
Can anyone recommend a good tool for creating high-color icons for my projects. I have Corel Photo-Paint. It's pretty powerful but I can't do very good shading by hand. Aren't there some tools out there that will render 3D shading? Thanks for any suggestions. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com I would recommend XaraX (www.xara.com). You can produce nice shaded stuff like on the page: http://www.terra-informatica.org/htmlayout/ You should save (export) you images as PNGs (with or without alpha channel) and use 2DIB.exe (http://www.terra-in...

Access 2007 Reports
I'm using an Access 2000 mdb (split ends) in Access 2007. I cannot up- convert because other terminals don't have Office 2007. It works as a database just fine except: When I try to change a (front end) report from the default printer to another specific printer in design view, page setup, it all LOOKS good except it does not save my changes upon return and goes back to the default printer. I never had this problem with earlier versions of Access and the specific printer in questions works fine with other apps and terminals. Any ideas people? Many thanks. JM This is a known prob...

Is store procedure always fast than Access linked table via ODBC?
I was assigned to upgrade one program from Access(using ODBC to connect to SQL 2000) to ASP.NET(using store procedure in SQL 2000). Finally, I tested them and found that ASP.NET is slower than Access. The mojority job of program is select some data from SQL 2000 tables, modify and then insert into some tables. Is store procedure always fast than Access linked table via ODBC? -- Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.com Stored procedures don’t add any overhead and they can save compile time. It's the code in the stored procedure and the underlying tables / indexes that ...

IE8 can't access Microsoft Office site when all other browsers can
When trying to access the Microsoft Office page using IE8 I keep getting the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message. If I use any other browser (Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome) I have no problem accessing the page. This happens whether running in normal or No Add-on's mode. Despite how many people keep complaining about all the problems with IE8, neither the MVP's or Microsoft acknowledge that they exist. Asus P5E Intel E8400 Core2Duo 3.0GHz 4 GB PC2-6400 DDR2 Windows 7 Ultimate (with all the latest updates installed) NIS 2010 (all up to date)...