corrupt database question

I have Access 2003. When I open the db, there are forms, queries, and reports missing. When I go into one of the forms that is available, the data is not accurate. For instance, I had ~ 200 files listed in a table, and only 17 showed up. Any ideas? Thanks!-- Nola
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Nola wrote:> I have Access 2003. When I open the db, there are forms, queries, and> reports missing. When I go into one of the forms that is available,> the data is not accurate. For instance, I had ~ 200 files listed in a> table, and only 17 showed up. Any ideas? Thanks!    Somebody else may have a better idea, but I suggest making a copy of the mdb file and then do a repair and compact of that copy.    Let us know what happens.-- Joseph Meehan Dia 's Muire duit
0
Joseph

Serialized items sales question
Is there any way to prevent the sale of serialized items when a customer is not associated with the invoice? ...

Tooltip question...
Hi all. I need to create a tooltip control and show it explicitly at certain position. A good example is Windows XP warning tooltip shown on login dialog when Caps Lock is on. This should be possible on any window(even if the target window belongs to another process) and even if the main window of my application is hidden(only tray icon is shown). I managed to get the window handle and position of target window by using system-wide hooks but had no success with tooltip. Is it possible at all or do i have to create my own top-level popup dialog that looks like tooltip? thanx. Asko. ...

Rename database Object from another Database
I need to Delete a table and rename other table with the name of the deleted table. But I wan to do all this from another database using VBA Hi, you can do something like this, air code to show the idea: dim dbs as database set dbs=dbengine.opnedatabase ("c:\my.mdb") dim tdf as tabledef set tdf=dbs.tabledefs("MyTable") tdf.name="NewTableName" dbs.close and you can use TableDefs.Delete to delete table -- Best regards, ___________ Alex Dybenko (MVP) http://accessblog.net http://www.PointLtd.com "Manuelauch" <Manuelauc...

Vlookup question #4
i have on sheet1 a list of reference data in two columns. column a) has a part code in it and column b) has a piece of data relating to it. in a few examples (infact probably the majority of cases) the code in cell a) is repeated a few times but with different data in cell b) on each occasion. is it possible to do a lookup where it finds and brings back data in column b)on all occasions when a code is found in column a, not just the first of last? does that make sense? cheers Rob Hi you may try downloadind Alan Beban's array functions (http://home.pacbell.net/beban) They'll includ...

Question for all you clever people....
Let me see if I can explain..... I have worksheet No 1 (called codes) with a list of numbers 1,2,3 etc though to 10. On worksheet I have a list of part number that is around 10,000 lines long. Each part number have a price ranging from �0 to �2000. From worksheet 1 I need a formula in worksheet 2 showing that if a price is between �0 and �29 I need the code number "1" inserted in column A. If a part has a price between �30 and �199 I need a code of "2" inserting..........and so on down the 10,000 line spreadsheet. Please help ;-) Hope this is clear. TiA Mag()() ...

CRM email template question
I need to create a email template in HTML format. I put the html commands in the email the message shows up with the html commands in the body. The only editing the template will let you do is font color and size. Where are the email templates stored on the CRM server so that I may edit them there? I need to send out an email with images and links and stuff like that. Thanks for your help. You need to cut and paste the html. "billy dodson" <billy@pmicromart.com> wrote in message news:1d8de01c423c6$15f1c740$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I need to create a email template...

Sorting while protected
This is a repost. I got the Subject line wrong. Sorry for any confusion. We are working in Excel OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional System Manufacturer Dell Inc. System Model Precision WorkStation T5400 Microsoft Excel version 11.8320.8221 (Excel 2003 of Office Professional Edition 2003) We are trying to sort and filter protected cells. In the Protect dialog, we have currently highlighted Select locked cells, Select unlocked cells, Sort, and Use AutoFilter before protecting the sheet. Of course, we have tried many things to make it work. The problem is, Auto...

Easy formula question -sum of 1 cell to end
Thanks for looking . How do you format a formula to display the sum of, let's say A1 to "however far down the spreadsheet goes" without having to name an ending cell? This sheet has no end and I need to display the total in a column that keeps growing. I hope I phrased this correctly. Hi Edward You could do it this way =SUM(A:A), that will cover the full column. HTH John "Edward" <222@333.com> wrote in message news:erIdCRRkJHA.1288@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Thanks for looking . > How do you format a formula to display the sum of, let's say ...

SUMIF question #3
Hi, I have a workbook with column A formatted as dates, and column B containing numbers. I would like to know how to get excel to tell me how much the sum of the numbers would be for a given time frame. So, for instance, if I wanted to know the sum of the numbers in column B that have year 2006 in column A, etc. There must be a way to do this, but I'm stumped. Also, can the criteria in the date be narrowed to give me a sum of just, say, a given month within a given year? Thanks in advance, Jim Try this: With Dates in A1:A30 Amounts in B1:B30 Here are 2 variations of the same formu...

New 75GB Database limit not recognized
I installed Exchange 2003 sp2 a few months ago. I upped the limit to 75GB. Our database was at 20GB and life was fine. A few days ago, Symantec Mail Security broke. I had to uninstall and re-install. Now, the 1216 message in the event log says my limit is 18GB and it dismounts my store every 48 hours or so. The registry changes haven't changed. What gives? Have you tried to reapply Exchange Service Pack 2? Chris <google@dwightrjohnson.com> wrote in message news:1158764967.787848.326410@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I installed Exchange 2003 sp2 a few months ago. > I u...

repeat question....still looking for an answer
how are people handling the situation of no salesperson ID being transferred over from CRM to Great Plains on the customer card? Also how are people handling the situation of no tax schedule ID available in CRM? I'm told that my customer class ID in GP will have to be set up with a default tax id - THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. Without a salesperson ID or a tax schedule ID it creates a lot more work for my accounting dept. they will have to go into every card in GP and add in the correct tax id and then they have to go to crm to find out who owns the account, go back to GP and ...

Excel as a Database
Hi, I m using invoice in excel. Is there any way to store record of last sales as a database? I want do it in only in excel. Give me complete process. RRS Hi Rao Try this http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy1.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Rao Ratan Singh" <RaoRatanSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36DBC96E-24F5-45F1-8B16-FFCAC322D846@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I m using invoice in excel. Is there any way to store record of last sales > as a database? > I want do it in only in excel. Give me complete process. > > R...

Newbie question
Hello, Is there a data that uniquely identifies a CPU among all PCs? Can someone please tell me what is it and how to get it using MFC or Win32 APIs. A sample code or any other reference will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, "Johnny" <safsaf3@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:06e401c36976$350a7100$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is there a data that uniquely identifies a CPU among all > PCs? Can someone please tell me what is it and how to get > it using MFC or Win32 APIs. > > A sample code or any other reference will be greatly > appreciated. I...

question driving me nuts
Okay...I never thought I would ever have to use excel again. Lo and behold, I am now the owner of a business and have forgotten how to do some things. I know how to create formaulas for adding and stuff. I forgot how to make my calculatons so that my deposit would be broken down. For example say I have 5 of each dollar denomination (1,2,5,10,20,50,100) and coin (1,5,10,25,50,$1). My deposit has to be 790 (5 of each denomination-150). What I want my sheet to do is tell me how much of each denomination I should pull out in terms of numbers instead of dollar amount. For exaple instead of ...

Access database on my Web site
I hate to even ask this, but I'm going a bit crazy here. Can anyone tell me how to take a simple little db that I have developed in Access 2003, that simply collects people's names and put it on my web site? The other thing is, once it is loaded to the web site, how do I get to the data? There is so much info available that I am getting massively confused. I use Frontpage 2000 for my Web editor if that is of any help. Any help would be seriously and very greatly appreciated! Thanks. SJ You'll need to create web pages that can communicate with your mdb file. You can use ASP...

SendKeys Macro to Comapct Database in Conversion 2.0 to Access 200
Hi All, I am trying to convert an Access 2.0 database to an Access 2003 database however I am having trouble converting a SendKey macro that in Access 2.0 compacts the database. I dont full understand how it is doing this. the macro is: SendKeys "c:\statement\database.mdb~c:\statement\temp.mdb~" DoMenuItems 4, 0, 2 I am not too sure what this is trying to do, but it ends uo comapcting the database in Access 2.0. Thanks for any help I'm not sure about those menu items in version 2, however you could do away with the macro entirely. In 2003 there is an option (Tools, Opti...

import databases
We are just installing RMS for the first time. We need to import our existing database from PowerPOS software, that we've had for 8 years. How can we convert that database into the RMS database, without having to import each item one at a time? We have close to 80,000 individual products, 11,000 customers, and about 700 different suppliers to import. We really don't want to do this one at a time! So far, no info comes with the instructions to tell us how to do this, unless we have QuickSell 2000, which we do not. I don't want to sit here for the next 5 years importing data! ...

Heap corruption error.
Hi all, I'm battling a heap corruption error. I know you're probably thinking it's either a buffer overrun or writing to a freed block. I've gone after enough of these to know that's what it usually is, and I know how to find and fix such errors. However this one appears to be different, and I'll explain why. First of all, I'm using MS Visual Studio 6.0. When the error manifests, the debug heap's linked list of allocated objects is corrupted. More specifically, following the block's pBlockHeaderNext pointers quickly takes me to heap memory that is not...

SUMIFS question
I am trying to use sumifs to gather information if one of two tests are true. I would like to be able to make a purchase apear as executed if Employee 1 (Column N) or Employee 2 (Column O) has selected Executed from a multiple option list on a form I am exporting to Excel. I have tried using the OR function, but it won't sum a logical function, just give me true or false. I know how to do this if I create an extra hidden line in the table, but I would prefer to not have to do that. If I were to ask excel to make this calculation I would say to it "Add the price/cost of all...

Basic INDEX() question
I am trying to use INDEX() to look up specific cells on my worksheets. To accomplish this I have a range named p1rn1 that refers to $C$3:$AE$22 I want to refer to hex T3. What is the formula? =INDEX(p1rn1,?,?) Thanks Do you mean =INDEX(p1rn1,1,18) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Adam Kroger @hotmail.com>" <adam_kroger<nospam> wrote in message news:yuednaC-sYaPngPeRVn-jA@comcast.com... > I am trying to use INDEX() to look up specific cells on my worksheets. To > accomplish this I have a range named p1rn1 that ref...

Pages for Database's Indexes.
What is a way to get the number of pages for each database's tables and indexes, so I can see all the number of pages and size. Just trying to streamline and check for fragmentation in indexes, and I have to either individual go through each database and go to each table and find out page size or is there a way to get everything in one query. Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.com On Aug 5, 1:15=A0am, "Hoardling1 via SQLMonster.com" <u43783@uwe> wrote: > What is a way to get the number of pages for each database's tables and > ...

new user default database
Why does when I create a new user, it would not point to the DYNAMICS as default database in SQL Enterprise Manager and instead points to Master. I'm on GP9.0 and SQL2000. I just upgraded to GP9.0 Try the following article for an explanation of why you might want to use Master as the default database http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/awarren/settingadefaultdatabaseforyourlogins.asp -- Charles Allen, MVP "GP Support" wrote: > Why does when I create a new user, it would not point to the DYNAMICS as > default database in SQL Enterprise Manager and instead...

Database Name
Access 2007 - The name of the database I am working in had been changing to just read "Miscrosoft Access" whenver I ran a query or opened a table - I went in the Access Options, Current Database and changed the Application Title to what I wanted. This worked short-term while I was in the database. However, once I close and go back in, it has defaulted back to saying "Micrsoft Access" after a query has been run. Any way around this default? Thanks in advance. As I recall, each query, each form, each "object" has a caption property that determines wh...

Budgeting question
Hello, I am confused on a budgeting issue. Say I have to pay 30 dollars every three months. Money breaks it down to say 10 dollars each month. When I pay the bill of 30 dollars on the 3rd month, Money says I am 20 dollars over I would like to have an envelope that would sum the values and on the third month would have 30 dollars in it. Then when I paid the bill, the enevlope would show a zero balance. I don't think Money can do this. Can someone explain this? Thanks Frank Hi Frank, This too frustrates me. The budget seems to force everything into monthly paments / earnings....

Question About Bills that are Paid Automatically
I've recently started using Money Plus Deluxe and overall really like it, but I'm a little confused about something. I want to setup my bills, especially so that I can get the notifications and see them in the calendar, but I don't want to use the online bill pay features. Most of my bills are already automatically withdrawn from my bank account. I thought maybe I should set the bills up like I need to send a check in for them, but then the only way to mark them as paid that I can find is to enter them into the register. The problem with that is that the withdrawals for these payme...