Corrupt Access 2003 File

I was working on this file earlier today, I even just opened it and it was
fine and all of a sudden there is a write delay to the save the file, I
closed it and I try opening it again and it is corrupted. I don't get it. The
message I am getting is below. What does that mean. I just finished making a
lost of update to the file. The last time I backed it up was Tuesday, and I
have done a lot of work to it between then and now. I don't have the time to

"Microsoft Office Access has detected corruption in this file. To try to
repair the corruption,first make a backup copy of the file. Then, on the
Tools menu, point to Database Utilities and click Compact and Repair
Database. If you are currently trying to repair this corruption then you will
need to recreate this file or restore it from a previous backup."
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

The message means that the database file likely is corrupted -- meaning most
likely that at least one record in one table (and possibly more) is
corrupted and ACCESS cannot read the data. It also may mean that a form or
report or other object has become corrupted.

Number one rule -- ALWAYS make very frequent backups of your file when
you're doing development work. My rule of thumb is to make a backup after
the addition of each new feature or new code.

Do exactly what the error message says for you to do. If the compact and
repair does not work, sometimes you can decompile the database (using the
/decompile switch when opening the file through a call to msaccess.exe file)
and that will work. Use Start | Run to run this program (replace generic
path/file names with actual names):
        "msaccess.exe" /decompile "PathTomdbFile\Filename.mdb"

If not, try creating a brand-new file and importing all objects from the
corrupted file.

See Tony Toews' article for information about corrupted databases for more
information:
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm

If none of these methods work, you'll need to go back to your Tuesday backup
and redo all the work.

--

        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

"Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was working on this file earlier today, I even just opened it and it was
> fine and all of a sudden there is a write delay to the save the file, I
> closed it and I try opening it again and it is corrupted. I don't get it.
> The
> message I am getting is below. What does that mean. I just finished making
> lost of update to the file. The last time I backed it up was Tuesday, and
> have done a lot of work to it between then and now. I don't have the time
>
> "Microsoft Office Access has detected corruption in this file. To try to
> repair the corruption,first make a backup copy of the file. Then, on the
> Tools menu, point to Database Utilities and click Compact and Repair
> Database. If you are currently trying to repair this corruption then you
> will
> need to recreate this file or restore it from a previous backup."

0
Ken

Window panes in Outlook 2003
Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a preview pane for the selected e-mail, evidently. I can find no way to eliminate the window pane. Is there a way to remove this pane? How? I've tried every VIEW combination with no success. View > Reading Pane > Off doesn't work? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jay" <jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C953EF40-873E-4A04-93A8-FE101A547D0D@microsoft.com... > Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a > preview pane for the selected e-m...

removing replicated table information from MS Office Access 2003
I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. If I import the file without any replicated information (ie. s_ColLineage, etc) how would this affect the database? Is it safe to do this? Would I be better off just making the tables not replicable? Thanks On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 03:33:07 -0800, DukeJon <DukeJon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Assuming your Access database does not need replicating, yes, it is safe to omit those fields during import. -Tom. >I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. >If I import the f...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

MS Money 95 data files

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2