Converting Numerical values to Words

I am fairly new to the ins and outs of Microsoft Access 2003 but have been
able to work through all of my problems thus far except one.  I started using
check boxes for storing user inputed data from a form.  When the box is
checked I have made it equal a value ranging from 1 to 6 according to the
desired group.  This stores the number in a table which I then reference many
times in queries as well as reports.

Here is my question, how do I convert from those stored numbers, taken from
the check boxes, to words that can be easily outputted to a report so that
anyone can read it without needing a key for clarification.  I do not want to
change the saved values but would rather like access to adjust the output per
the different opened form, report, etc.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Hi

Try this link

http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=285

--
Wayne
Manchester, England.

"rgaylo" wrote:

> I am fairly new to the ins and outs of Microsoft Access 2003 but have been
> able to work through all of my problems thus far except one.  I started using
> check boxes for storing user inputed data from a form.  When the box is
> checked I have made it equal a value ranging from 1 to 6 according to the
> desired group.  This stores the number in a table which I then reference many
> times in queries as well as reports.
>
> Here is my question, how do I convert from those stored numbers, taken from
> the check boxes, to words that can be easily outputted to a report so that
> anyone can read it without needing a key for clarification.  I do not want to
> change the saved values but would rather like access to adjust the output per
> the different opened form, report, etc.

Converting a Microsoft Word document to a PC document

how do i change the default value of measure from points to inche.
how do i change the default value of measure from points to inches when setting the width and hight of cells? You don't. Excel uses only points for these measures best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "yoyo4u" <yoyo4u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33420157-6E05-4A55-9003-088D731E495E@microsoft.com... > how do i change the default value of measure from points to inches when > setting the width and hight of cells? yoyo Row heights are measured in points. There are 72 points to an inch. Th...

Word merged with Access
I am using both Word and Access 2003. When I merge a Word Letter with Access, sometimes not all of the queries show up, in the drop down box, to link the letter with. Does anyone have any ideas of why this happens? Is there a way to make all of the queries show up? Are the queries limited to a certain number? I would appreciate any help or ideas that you can give me. Aurora Aurora Without more information, I can only guess... Any chance any of those queries that are not showing up are NOT "select" queries (i.e., they are Make Table, or Delete or Insert queri...

Is there a list of characters that Word considers equivalent on Fi
Word's Find will find "equivalent" characters. For example, a find for straight quotes will also find curly quotes, and a find for a space will also find a non-breaking space. Where can I find a list of the characters that Word considers equivalent in this sense? Thanks. ...

Convert date to months
I have a database that has multiple dates in it. What I am trying to do is in one field I have a date and I am want that date to convert to months in another field. Can anyone help me on this. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200707/1 are you trying to find months between dates? or convert 4 to April? Look at format function for ways to display months, datediff function for months difference.. "bohon79 via AccessMonster.com" <u35329@uwe> wrote in message news:74ac2f3f40ce9@uwe... >I have a database ...

Ease of visibility of the Ribbon in Word 2007 and Excel 2007
As installed the colour intensity of the Ribbon in Word and Excel 2007 is very faint and it is not particularly easy to read. Is there some means of increasing the colour intensity to make it easier to read? I have fairly good sight but still have difficulty. Unless the colour intensity can be adjusted it must be virtually impossible for people with poor sight to read the details on the Ribbon. Try this (not sure if you will have this on your computer but it is worth a try):- Control Panel / Ease of Access / Ease of Access Center There are a number of options in here ...

Chart to show Portfolio Value over time?
I'm using Money 2003. I would like to be able to see the $ value I have in my portfolio over time. So that I can weep. Money does have a chart view that allows you to see the PRICE history for a given stock over time - but not the dollar value of your investment in the stock over time. In fact, I can't seem to find a view at all that shows you the net value of your portfolio/individual stocks changing over time. The best I've been able to do is to use the "Net Worth" report and unselect all the other accounts. This has insufficient granularity (months instea...

Word to Excel conversion
As we are able to mail merge from the Excel data, is it possible to convert MS Word labels into Excel Data? Hi how do you store your data currently?. If it is in a Word Table you may simply copy+paste thiese contents to Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany vkumar2000@hotmail.com wrote: > As we are able to mail merge from the Excel data, is it > possible to convert MS Word labels into Excel Data? ...

Amount in words to be printed on the invoice
Hi Mates, I need to print the invoice amount in words in MRMS 2.0 Any suggestions Thanks this is available through Microsoft. check out the following site: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/reportslibrary/rms_reportslibrary.htm "RK" wrote: > Hi Mates, > > I need to print the invoice amount in words in MRMS 2.0 > > Any suggestions > > Thanks ...

Insert empty numeric value
Dear all, In VB, I have three textbox which are amount1,amount2 and amount3. After user enter the value in the textbox, I will insert the value into Access table. The table have three columns amount1 , amount2 and amount3, and all are nummeric Type. However, if the user do not enter any value in textbox . The insert statement will become as follows: Insert into table1 (amount1,amount2,amount3) values (,,) Then access complain that there is syntax error in insert statement. Does that mean I cannot insert empty value for the numeric value in access.? How to solve this problem. Than...

Subtracting value from main form
I have a borrow module which will alow user to return item separately. So, I have get the structure of returning it separately. In my main form is the borrowing item, with the loaned quantity and the owed quantity (will be calculated). In the subform, there is the returning transaction. User will need to key in the quantity returned and it will be automatically deducted from the quantity owed. But how am I supposed to get the quantity deducted while it 1 is in main form and the other is in subform? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-fo...

Need to convert point on screen to various screen resolutions
Let's say you click on a button on your screen at 1000,2500 TWIPS and your resolution is 800 X 600. Now you change your screen resolution to 1024 X 768 and you need to click on the same button in it's new location on the screen. Who's 100 times smarter than I am and can do some tricky math that will tell me the TWIPS to find that button? I'd ned to do the same calculation for other screen resolutions like 640 X 480 etc. http://www.applecore99.com/api/api012.asp -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Donna YaWanna" <diy@mdahospital.com> wrote in message news:%23HMLEWW2...

How do I find a value on a line?
I made a line graph of data to use as a calibration. I know the y value and I want to find the X value. Is there a way that I find find this specifically on the line without using a trendline formula or guessing by looking at the gridlines? The only way to find a specific value is to use the formula. Rgs, Bou If you can accept piece-wise linear interpolation, see Interactive Chart http://www.tushar- mehta.com/excel/software/interactive_chart_display/index.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity s...

Replace null value with the previous value?
I have a database that was just imported that has approximately 388000 records. The problem is that there is information about a person in multiple different records but the name did not come across with each record. (So I have 10 records with information for a certain name, but the name only appears in field 1 of the first record and not the subsequent 9, etc.) I need to create a query or expression that will fill field 1 with the preceding value if it is null. This way I will have all the information for field 1 in a manner that I can link and combine data. Simply I need to fil...

How do I convert a list to an Excel file?
I have a WORD file with 48 lines of comma delimited data in the form: xxx,xxxxxxx,xxxxxx,x,x,xxx,xxxxxxxxx xx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xx,x I would like to convert the WORD list to EXCEL. When I attempt to open the WORD file in EXCEL, I thought a conversion window would appear....what I actually get is "incorrect format" Hi! Save the WORD file as a plain text file. Then, when you open the file in Excel a Wizard will open and step you through it. Just select COMMA as the delimiter. Biff >-----Original Message----- >I have a WORD file with 48 lines of comma delimited data in ...

Calculating values for empty cells.
Hello. I have a very simple problem that I cannot find the answer to. I have data in two columns, some of the data in one of the columns is missing and I want to automatically extrapolate what the data should be based on the trend. How can I get Excel to fill in empty values without overwriting the known values. Below is a sample of my data. 1500 1600 1700 1800 4000 1887 5700 1900 5500 1910 7300 1912 8100 1920 8800 1926 10100 1930 11900 1936 12200 1938 -- Ryan Taylor rtaylor@stgeorgeconsulting.com Not sure what yo...

Default value for custom field?
How can I populate a custom field with a default value? Specifically, I have a custom field "DisplayName" associated with the Quote Detail object. I want initially to populate this field with the value of the product name field when a new product is added to a quote. The user can then edit the DisplayName custom field if desired. The DisplayName custom field will be used as the product name on a Crystal Reports quote form. ...

Excel object within Word doc
I am sure I am doing something in error ... but all I want to do is take a spreadsheet and embed it in my word doc. I click on 'Insert', then 'Object', choose 'Excel 97-2003', 'Display as Icon', copy data into spreadsheet, 'save', 'close and return' ... However, when I go to view it at a later time - the spreadsheet does not open and I end up in the picture editing part of Word. ...

document elements (et. al.) toolbar in Word 2008
I may be in the minority here, but I happen to love the Ribbon UI on the PC version. It can collapse down to nothing when needed, and expand out (and even be customized I hear in 2010). That's on the PC. On the Mac I want a Mac-like UI. The Document Elements bar is so out to planet Jupiter on both functionality and as an accelerator into functions writers need most that it's laughable it made it into a release. (I'd much rather have a Mac ribbon that the Document Elements toolbar since at least the ribbon exposes USEFUL functions.) I mean, really =97 how many UPS or Del Mon...

how to use 2007 styles in Word 2003
hi everyone, we have Word 2003 but we really like the Styles that come with Word 2007. Is it possible to export these Styles and use it in Word 2003? And if yes, how can i do that. In Word 2007, click the Home tab of the ribbon. In the Styles group, click Change Styles | Style Set | Word 2003. To make this choice the default, click Change Styles again, and then click Set as Default. If/when you are prompted to save the changes to your template, choose to do so. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "skoub" <skoub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Dlookup turn -1 or 0 into a word
I have a message box that displays if a product is 'Stocked' or 'Not STocked' but in the databse its stored as -1 or 0 I use the follwoing code DLookup("StockedItem", "tblProduct", "ProductID=" & Me.ProductID) So in the message box at the moment it says -1 or 0, how do i code it to says 'stocked' if -1 and 'Not STocked' if 0 Thanks Assuming ever field has a value: If Stocked = -1 Then MsgBox "Stocked", vbOKOnly Else MsgBox "Not Stocked", vbOKOnly End If -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MV...

Limit value for Storage Groups
Hello, we are running Exchange 2003 Standard edition. The limitation on Storage Groups for e.g. "Issue warning at(KB)" is default set by 2097151. I read that i can change this value by using ADSI Edit and edit the values mDBOverHardQuotaLimit mDBOverQuotaLimit mDBStorageQuota But each of them has a lots of values and i could not find out which one i have to edit. Could you please give me an advice? TIA helpi If you want to set a value bigger than 2GB for all users on an entire mailbox store, bring up the properties of that mailbox store in ADSIEdit and set the mDBStorageQuot...

Prevent excel from changing numeric data ranges into dates?
I want to prevent excel from changing my numeric data into dates (ie. 10-12, into 12-Oct). I want to import specific data ranges, not a date values. Whenever I paste or type a possible date, like 10-12, excel assumes I am writing Oct. 12, 2004. Then, Excel formats the cell into a Custom d-mmm format (see scrn shot @ www.vd4.org/excel_issue.gif). If I change the Custom format to General, excel converts the date into the DATE'S value (ie. 12-Oct, into 38272; which I think is the # of days since 1900?). How can I *prevent* excel from changing my data ranges into dates (ie keep 10-12 ...

Extract Values from a Column
I have a worksheet used to track time spent on various jobs. One column is for the JOB # while others are for descriptions, etc. I would like to have formulas or possible a macro (if necessary) to sum the time spent on different jobs. For example, say (for simplicity) that each row is equal to 1 unit of time. Then in this row I put 342 for JOB # 342. After the entire day I have worked on say 5 different jobs. I would like to have a cell that says "Total time spent on Job # 342" and then next to it a formula that would look at the column and count all the values that are equal t...

Convert litres per 100km to miles per gallon easily
I need to be able to set up a spreadsheet that allows users to type in a figure for Litres per 100km (fuel consumption measure) and translate it into a miles per gallon (UK measures) figure (fuel economy measure). ok here is a long way to do it say cell A1 is where you type your figure of l/100 k in some other cell type this 100/A1*4.55*0.62 4.55 l per uk gallon.0.62 kilometer =mile..... every time you type a figure in A1 the MPG displays in your other cell...... easy one to check me on is 10 l 100 ks,= 10 km litre =28.2 mpg -- paul remove nospam for email addy! "Ann Cardus" ...