Convert Access File to exe?

This is likely a dumb question but I have created a working file in Access
that I would like to provide to some of my clients for there use in tracking
their stock investments. Is there a way to complile this file and make it a
stand alone file since not all of my clients have Access?

Thanks!
Ed Hawley

0
Ed
7/5/2007 2:52:49 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

"Ed Hawley" <hawl1039@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> This is likely a dumb question but I have created a working file in Access
> that I would like to provide to some of my clients for there use in
> tracking their stock investments. Is there a way to complile this file and
> make it a stand alone file since not all of my clients have Access?
>
> Thanks!
> Ed Hawley

Yes, but not a .EXE. You compile your project to a .MDE (Tools | Database
Utilities | Make MDE). It is wise to first split your app so that the tables
(data) exist in the back-end database, which you do *not* compile. If you
have Office Professional, it comes with a royalty-free Access Runtime that
you can distribute with your app. Search the Office Professional CD - I
think it is in a folder called Runtime but search for accessrt and you will
find it.

0
Ron
7/5/2007 4:24:37 AM
On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 21:24:37 -0700, "Ron Hinds" <billg@microsoft.com> wrote:

> If you
>have Office Professional, it comes with a royalty-free Access Runtime that
>you can distribute with your app.

Actually, no it doesn't. Up until 2007 you needed to buy the variously-named
Access Developer's Edition. The runtime will be free with 2007 but it has not
yet been released (well, it was released and immediately retracted when some
interactions with other programs turned up).

See http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/msmodfixes.htm for the proper version.
Some of these may be hard to come by at this point.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
7/5/2007 5:51:30 AM
Ron Hinds wrote:
> "Ed Hawley" <hawl1039@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> > This is likely a dumb question but I have created a working file in
> > Access that I would like to provide to some of my clients for there
> > use in tracking their stock investments. Is there a way to complile
> > this file and make it a stand alone file since not all of my
> > clients have Access? Thanks!
> > Ed Hawley
>
> Yes, but not a .EXE. You compile your project to a .MDE (Tools |
> Database Utilities | Make MDE). It is wise to first split your app so
> that the tables (data) exist in the back-end database, which you do
> *not* compile. If you have Office Professional, it comes with a
> royalty-free Access Runtime that you can distribute with your app.
> Search the Office Professional CD - I think it is in a folder called
> Runtime but search for accessrt and you will find it.

You are correct that the runtime is included wtih Office, but you are not
licensed to distribute it to users without puchasing the developer's tool kit
package.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

0
Rick
7/5/2007 12:08:03 PM
John W. Vinson <jvinson@STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote:

>See http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/msmodfixes.htm for the proper version.
>Some of these may be hard to come by at this point.

Even the A97 KB article still exists so patches are easy to come by still.

No idea as to A95 or A2.0.  <smile>

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.

how can i access CRM from ouside LAN
Hi All, if i have a implementation of MS CRM 3 in my office. All users of CRM can access it from within the LAN through windows authentication. How can they access it from their home or some remote position. i dont want to use offline CRM/outlook functionality. Can i access MS CRM 3 online from anywhere on internet, something like assignin it some IP. Please explain. You can serve it out just as you would any other website in IIS. Make sure you use an SSL certificate so your CRM data is protected behind https. If your CRM server has a fixed external IP address or is reachable via a URL, y...

sendkeys action requires utility add in access 2003
I Know that this has been asked before. My question is why it will not pop up on one computer but will on another. The same actions being performed. Any input will be helpful. Thanks Craig "Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A3A76CB-9556-4B9D-B85E-39F13771D0C8@microsoft.com... >I Know that this has been asked before. My question is why it will not >pop > up on one computer but will on another. The same actions being performed. > Any input will be helpful. > > Thanks Craig You'll have to give a few more details a...

Converting/inserting values, without changing the other contents.
Hi all this is what i require: the overdue is INR 250k (SGD 7,543), out of which for INR 125k (SGD 3,771) payment is processed, for INR 30k (SGD 905) bills resubmitted for queries, for INR 25k (SGD 754) supporting were resubmitted, for INR 45k (SGD 1,358) payment will be made in 1week of next month. the above comments will be in m5 without the sgd value, i need help to converrt those values and show as above in n5, after multiplying the converting factor at b2 thank you ...

Emails disappear when no pst file folder defined
O.k. I know that there has been a lot of post about this subject, but my case is somewhat different. Here is the setting: OS: Windows 2000 OL ver.: 2002 Environment: Exchange Server, Roaming profiles What happened: One user signs in to another PC, opens up his outlook, however, by default OL2002 is set to deliver mail to personal folder rather than to his exchange mailbox. Right before his eyes he sees his email disappear one by one. My Action plan: Go to the PC that he signed on where his email disappeared. Look at his profile folder which is C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settin...

cycle through n files
I've got a series of operations to do on n excel files the directory is the same..the names of the files are 0001..0002...0003...0004..until 0067 How can I do that through a macro?? Hi I have examples here http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm If you need help post back -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Rossella" <rossy77@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1144840532.042950.93010@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I've got a series of operations to do on n excel files > the directory is the same..the names of the files are > 0001..0002...0003.....

In Excel, what is CharMap.exe?
In Excel, what is CharMap.exe, where do I find it and how do I get help using it? I need to include characters which are normally only found in MSWord. From that other thread: Insert Symbol was added in xl2002. So if you don't run xl2002+, you'll have to find a different way. You can hit flying windows R (or windows start button|Run) type charmap hit enter or even windows start button|Programs|accessories|System tools|charmap if you like to mouse. Chip Pearson has an addin that may help (if you're using xl2k or lower). http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm (look for Sy...

when i upgraded my files disapeared
i was using the beta for office 2003 and it expired on november30. i went out and bought 2003pro and tried to install it. the beta said that it needed to be uninstalled before i could install the full version. the beta didnt let me back up any information and when i uninstalled it it took all of its info and settings with it. i lost all contacts emails and settings. is there any i can get those back? >the beta said that it needed to be >uninstalled before i could install the full version. the >beta didnt let me back up any information and when i >uninstalled it it took all ...

outlook.pst file repair tool?
how to repair outlook.pst file which may be corrupted Monis Beraha <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how to repair outlook.pst file which may be corrupted Search your HD for scanpst.exe -- Brian Tillman ...

User not accessed the system since last 2 months
Is there any script available to determine accounts that have not logged in for the past x months. Please provide us the link and and guide line how to use that ? Thanks ...

Can I convert an Outlook 2000 PST to Outlook 2003
We have upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. Is there a fast way to convert my old PST files to Outlook 2003 so that they are not limited to 2 GB size? I don't want to have to go through all of the folders on 30 computers and drag one folder at a time from the old file to the new file. Thanks, Joe I have had pretty good luck importing. Of course, when you import, you = will no longer have access to any custom forms, views, or Rules Wizard = rules.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.h...

Make Excel upload files via FTP??
A few days ago I asked about creating files from a Excel worksheet that can be shared online. Someone suggested this VBA: http://www.meadinkent.co.uk/xladvhtml.htm I've been trying this and it works. Now I want to get Excel to run the VBA-code every time the file is closed, AND (and now comes the tricky part), to upload the created html-files to a FTP account. Every time the file is closed the macro "make_htm" should run, and get the files got created upload from the local folder, to a FTP account. Is this possible?? ...

Accessing Custom fields (propery)
Hi everyone, Any one who can tell me how to access custom fields using the CRM web service? Thanlks, ...

General MS Access Programming
I have spent almost 46 years learning, using and teaching different programming languages and quite frankly, I have never found anything more confusing than trying to program functions in MS Access. I have given up trying to learn how by studying other people's coding examples. What is available to help learn the subject in the form of self-study courses? Thanks, George I'm puzzled by this, given that Access uses the same VBA as the rest of the Office products, and that it's virtually indistinguishable from "Classic" VB. Jeff Conrad has a fabulous list of Acces...

How to copy a field of A excel file to B Excel file automatically?
I need to copy some fields of A.xls to B.xls every night at 12:00. how can I do that? I'd try one of two methods. First, use the MS Windows "scheduler" to fire off you spreadsheet at midnight (make sure to leave the computer turned on) and have a VBA macro triggered when the workbook is opened to perform the data movement. A second, albeit more difficult method, would be to write VBA code to structure an internal timer that would watch for midnight. In this case, you'd have to open the workbook before going home for the day, and activate the macro that sets ...

Need to extrcat data from one Excel file to an other
Hi there I'm looking form a solution to press on button in a Excel sheet which ill exctract some datas from an other Excel sheet which can be close or opened. It should beworing on Windows XP, 2003, Vista and 7 as well with 32 bits and 64 bits. Thanks in avance for your advise and best regards Tra Browse through the example codes found at Ron de Bruin's site. http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm Look at the 'Copy/paste/merge" section. Should be some good material to start with. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 28 May 2011 19:53:03 +0200, Tra Sumaka <trasumak...

How to read binary file created by non-MFC source?
I am a newbie working on a simple project for loading a binary file and displaying its byte-by-byte contents in interger equivalent. The file was created by some unknown source (presummably not MFC). I am using SDI/CScrollView interface and the file is supposed to be open under FILE/OPEN menu. At the beginning, I've been trying to include CString str; ar >> str; in void CMyProjectDoc::Serialize(CArchive &ar) as an attempt to put everything in str prior to converting every byte into interger. What happened was 1) The first byte (which is known to be a 92) was missing; and 2) ...

Exporting an editable file
I don't have Publisher Have a (luddite) client who has a two page .pub document and after a struggle, finally got it in pdf format, but the pdf does not allow copying any of the text although the security settings allow it. How do I tell her to export the text so that it can be included in an information document? Thanks, Beverly Howard Will copy and paste into Word do it for you? -- Don Vancouver, USA "Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]" <BevNoSpamBevHoward.com> wrote in message news:uVIla2EoEHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I don't have Publisher > &...

web access autentication
hi every body i have installed an exchange 2003 in my domain and enable web access on it. every useres who want to access with web have to enter servers FQDN/exchange to browse it . after that a user name and password box apeared to them . im looking for a way if users login to domain , web access dosenot looking for autentication and after browsing server ip address that box dose not shown to them ! please lead me if it possible! In fact, the two last sentences are hard to understand. If my understanding is correct, you may try, http://exchangename/exchange or if you have only one e...

File Extensions
I've lost all emails and attachments from O. E. after upgrading to Windows XP and Office XP. I can't find a list of file extensions for Express in any help. Anyone know these extensions? Thanks Hi - they're .dbx files. But note - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.ine...

deleting files / freeing space
When I delete files by hilighting, pressing delete then emptying the recycle bin ----- no space actually gets cleared up When i delete by holding shift + delete ---- space does free up I'm running: XP Home Version 2002 SP3 I'm not crazy or a newbie but am an MCTS and have never seen this before in all my years ghostsniper007 wrote: > When I delete files by hilighting, pressing delete then emptying the > recycle bin ----- no space actually gets cleared up > > When i delete by holding shift + delete ---- space does free up > > I'm running: XP Ho...

CtreeCtrl & item.iIntegral with manifest file not working correctly
Hi I working on a project and the tree items have different heights, i am changing the height with item.iIntegral see TVITEMEX Structure. Thats working perfect but if apply my application the manifest file for XP-Style see http://www.codeproject.com/macro/vc-xp.asp The tree lines are broken, is there a work around? If i remove the manifest files the tree control is working perfect.I want to use the XP-Style but also have the TreeCtrl working, any idea? I hope somebody can help me.... bye bye Lorenz Test Code i am using : m_tree is an CTreeCtrl; First call fillTree after that unequ...

Issue with CSV file
I am programmatically creating a CSV file that has a list of formulae from a workbook/worksheet (see example below). Note that there are 5 records in the file, tho the text might wrap below in your newsreader to appear to have more lines. Double clicking on the CSV file causes Excel to issue #NAME? errors for the records marked as BAD, The records marked as "BAD" cause Excel to try to update the text due to the included references to worksheets. This occurs for a formula that begin with a "-" character. And, ditto for a "+". I can avoid the problem by sticking an...

Access 2002 vs Access 2003 10-19-07
I recently purchased the book, Access 2003 Inside Out only to find out the OfficePro XP uses Access 2002. Is any appreciable difference between A02 and A03? Thanks you Harold HaroldT <HaroldT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently purchased the book, Access 2003 Inside Out only to find out the >OfficePro XP uses Access 2002. Is any appreciable difference between A02 and >A03? Appreciable, no. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links...

Getting data from Access
I am trying to use the Get External Data function to pull data from an Access query however I keep getting an error that says: "Microsoft Query: msqry32.exe - Application error The instruction at 0x000000072 referenced memory at 0x000000072. Memory could not be read Click OK to Terminate Click on CANCEL to debug" I am using Excel and Access 2000. Does anyone have any idea why I keep getting this error? Check out this page http://www.rondebruin.nl/accessexcel.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "NChris" <NChris@discussions.micr...

how do I convert pagemaker files to publisher
Can publisher convert adabe pagemaker files? Nope! "Judy J" <Judy J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1C2F61A-464B-4E71-806E-ED3290B6A2BD@microsoft.com... > Can publisher convert adabe pagemaker files? ...