Controlling text fields in access 2002

I'm having some problems making my data input form nicely usable. First of
all I'd like the text field to grow bigger when written on it, instead of
scrolling as it does now. Is it possible to make the active field grow on top
the others and then go back to it's defined size when another field is
activated? I have a lot of fields in my form and I can't enlarge them
anymore. And the fields might contain a lot of text or none at all.

Another thing is that when printed, the totally empty fields could be left
out completely. Now all I can do is minimize them and print the title and an
empty box with the height of one line. I would only like print the fields and
titles that actually contain information.

One more thing is organizing my reports. Now I have a counter giving each
report a number and organizing those based on that number. The problem is
that people make empty reports, or fill in a previous empty report somewhere
in between newer and older reports. This screws up my filing because the
latest reports might have an old index. I have an idea to make a manditory
"date"-field so that one couldn't exit the report without filling in the
date. Then I could organize the reports by date. I'm not good with VB, so how
can I make the exit-button to check if the date has been entered?

I'd be very grateful for any help you could provide.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

While the cursor is in a text box, hitting the key combination Shift-F2 will
cause a Zoom box to pop up.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

"Gasket" <Gasket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having some problems making my data input form nicely usable. First of
> all I'd like the text field to grow bigger when written on it, instead of
> scrolling as it does now. Is it possible to make the active field grow on
> top
> the others and then go back to it's defined size when another field is
> activated? I have a lot of fields in my form and I can't enlarge them
> anymore. And the fields might contain a lot of text or none at all.
>
> Another thing is that when printed, the totally empty fields could be left
> out completely. Now all I can do is minimize them and print the title and
> an
> empty box with the height of one line. I would only like print the fields
> and
> titles that actually contain information.
>
> One more thing is organizing my reports. Now I have a counter giving each
> report a number and organizing those based on that number. The problem is
> that people make empty reports, or fill in a previous empty report
> somewhere
> in between newer and older reports. This screws up my filing because the
> latest reports might have an old index. I have an idea to make a manditory
> "date"-field so that one couldn't exit the report without filling in the
> date. Then I could organize the reports by date. I'm not good with VB, so
> how
> can I make the exit-button to check if the date has been entered?
>
> I'd be very grateful for any help you could provide.

0
Douglas
6/1/2010 10:15:49 AM
I think I might have solved the third problem, at least partially. I can make
the date needed by modifying the options of the data type from the structure
table. Only problem is that I can't change the option, because not all old
reports have dates. I guess I have to manually either delete the dateless
reports or add dates to them, before I can make the date compulsory and start
sorting the reports by date.

I still have no idea how to solve the first two problems, or will my sorting
idea even work.
You could easily just change the Height parameter of the Text box
control when it gets the focus and then change it back when it loses
the focus. Something like this :-

Dim vHeight As Long

Private Sub YourTextBox_GotFocus()
    vHeight = Me.YourTextBox.Height
    Me.YourTextBox.Height = 1500
End Sub

Private Sub YourTextBox_LostFocus()
    Me.YourTextBox.Height = vHeight
End Sub

where YourTextBox is the name of your text box control. Change the
figure 1500 (Twips) to the value you need for your box when it has the
focus. If you know the height of the Text box control then you could
just use that figure in place of the vHeight variable which would not
then be needed.

Peter Hibbs.

On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 00:50:01 -0700, Gasket
<Gasket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm having some problems making my data input form nicely usable. First of
>all I'd like the text field to grow bigger when written on it, instead of
>scrolling as it does now. Is it possible to make the active field grow on top
>the others and then go back to it's defined size when another field is
>activated? I have a lot of fields in my form and I can't enlarge them
>anymore. And the fields might contain a lot of text or none at all.
0
Peter

Trouble with Tab Control
I have a form in which i have a tab on it. The problem is the tab appears white and I would like to show the background behind it. I saw in the properties there was a section to make it "transparent" or "normal" i've selected botha nd nothing changes. Any ideas on how to solve this. thanks On Jan 25, 9:32 am, tsla...@gmail.com wrote: > I have a form in which i have a tab on it. The problem is the tab > appears white and I would like to show the background behind it. I > saw in the properties there was a section to make it "transparent" or > ...

open two different Access reports

Transferring control of CClientDC to CDC
Hi, I have a class MSWinDisplayManager which I want to take a CClientDC device context so that it's member functions can perform drawing routines on it. I want the class to have it's own CClientDC member which all the methods have access to draw on. My constructor looks like this: MSWinDisplayManager::MSWinDisplayManager(CClientDC& win) { private_win.attach(win); } This is called by the user like: CClientDC dlg(this); MSWinDisplayManager wdm(dlg); then I want to do things like: wdm.drawCars(); The problem I have is that private_win isn't getting control of the device ...

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

forward to: field
Hi Everyone, im looking for the AD attribute in which the 'forward to:' field of the delivery options is stored. Thank you in advance kind regards marc -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ Its in the altRecipient attribute. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Marc Wenger" <haga(at).iesg--nspm-noa9h.gmx.ch> wrote in message news:opr64hs7z6fyi4rt@news.microsoft.com... > Hi Everyone, > > im looking for the AD attribute in which the 'forward to:' field of ...

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Getting the BCC field by default.

parameter for text

compact database in VBA access 2007

Controlling NDR's sent to Originator
Hi, I have a scenario: An Exchange2k User sets up an Auto Forward Rule to forward all inbound mail to a personal email account. This person recieves email into his Inbox and the Rule fires off forwarding the email to their personal account. His personal account is not reachable and Exchange sends a NDR to the original sender. Example: Step 1: john23@example.com sends email to corpuser7@corp14.com Step 2: corpuser7@corp14.com has an Inbox rule that forwards this email to his personal account at homeacct@isporg.com Step 3: exchangeserver.corp14.com recieves an NDR from pubmailer.isporg.c...

LDAP Write access?

COUNTIF on Summary Fields
Can't use on a cell that "sums" with arithmetic operators "+". Is there a workaround, etc.? a bit more explanation? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "DLC" <dlcopesr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:117v954kaf4s2f6@corp.supernews.com... > Can't use on a cell that "sums" with arithmetic operators "+". Is there a > workaround, etc.? > > ...

creating a backup on 2002 for Money 98

Help about numeric type field. Thanks.

MS Access 2007 code not running

Excel Text Function (Right, Left)