Contacts onto a Mysql database

Hello,

I am in the process of transfering data and contacts onto a Mysql database.
I have had some help and am trying to get a software solution.

So main features would be to migrate large amounts of data and contacts
every day. The migration would be done manually.

Thanks for the help
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Tue, 4 May 2010 08:53:01 -0700, Guertas <Guertas@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am in the process of transfering data and contacts onto a Mysql database.
>I have had some help and am trying to get a software solution.
>
>So main features would be to migrate large amounts of data and contacts
>every day. The migration would be done manually.
>
>Thanks for the help

And your question is...?

Where are the data and contacts coming from?
What problem are you having?
What can we do to help?

You can certainly use File... Get External Data... Link to link to an ODBC
instance connected to MySQL, and run Append queries into the MySQL tables.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

You can work with proprietary software, expensive compared to other
solutions like open source. Look into software like Informatica for example
or Talend Open Studio http://www.talend.com/ , which is an open source
program.

"Guertas" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am in the process of transfering data and contacts onto a Mysql database.
> I have had some help and am trying to get a software solution.
>
> So main features would be to migrate large amounts of data and contacts
> every day. The migration would be done manually.
>
> Thanks for the help

Creating a Public Contacts list from a ODBC source
We have a large customer Database that uses MS-SQL 2000 that I would like to use to create a public contacts list on our Exchage 2003 server. I would like this to be create with and maintained by using a ODBC connection to the SQL database. Can this be done? There is nothing native to Exchange GUI that would do this although it could be scripted. Nue "RP in the Midwest" <RPintheMidwest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD002757-BE15-4852-BCA7-E6620E422365@microsoft.com... > We have a large customer Database that uses MS-SQL 2000 that I would like >...

Contacts move but no Add Bk
I moved my contacts from the Outlook 2000 on my desktop to Outlook XP on my notebook. The exporting/importing had no problems. On the notebook the contacts are in the contact folder but the address book used for new messages has no addressees. How do I get the email addresses in the contact folder into my email address book? This is a common occurrence when moving things around -- the association between the Contacts folder and the Outlook Address Book gets broken. To fix it, go to Tools | E-mail accounts, select "View or change existing directories or address books", and clic...

Error when creating new contact
Hi! When creating a new contact directly from the contact "module" everything works just fine. but when we try to create a new contact directly from an account (so the values from the account get adopted to the contact), I get an error message that gives me two options; "try again" or "Cancel" Further on, the error message just says "Something went wron, please contact your system administrator". is there any place I can read a detailed log, to get information about what is wrong? Do you have any ideas what this can be? Thanks! Activate the deb...

import into contacts
I have over 5k contacts folders exported into a text comma- delimited file. I need to import them into respective accounts, but I need to do it in batch mode at the server side, since the users are using OWA. Any utilities that can help me? thanks... ...

database size #2
i have a exchange server 2003 stansart ed. i get a eventid 445 on ese. the database ...\priv1.edb har reached its maximum suze of 16382 mb. but the file is not so big. the edb file is 11,7 gb and the stb file is 5 gb is it the total of this files, that cant get over 16gb. The Information store (Private or Public) is made up of the combination of the .edb and .stm files. The 16gb max is indeed reached if the combination of those 2 files reaches 16gb. Your options are: 1. Check for event ID 1221 to see how much white space exists. If it is significant, you can run eseutil /d to ru...

Access Database CRecordset problem
Hello, I have an MFC application that uses a MS Access database. I declare a CDatabase object and pass a connection string. The database Opens OK. I declare two recordset objects, and the two recordsets Open OK. I pass a NULL value, when I open the two recordsets. The problem occurs, when I try to open a second Access database. The second database has the same schema, but different data. Steps : 1. Close the two recordsets. 2. Close the database object. 3. Open the database object with new connection string -OK 4. Examine the database name with GetDatabaseName method - OK 5...

Running a database without ms access
Hi It took me close to one year to build a database. This database contains 46 tables, 237 queries, 105 forms and 180 reports. My question Is it possible to make something with it so people who don't have Microsoft Access can use it exactly the same than if they had Ms Access. If the answer is yes, what are the steps to do it ? thanks hi Jean, On 19.04.2010 17:01, jean wrote: > It took me close to one year to build a database. This database > contains 46 tables, 237 queries, 105 forms and 180 reports. Quite a piece of work. > Is it possible to make s...

Outlook contacts #22
Hi all. I have WINXP PRO + OFFICE XP PRO. Recently I moved from Outlook Express to Outlook XP. I see the contacts folder with data (That I imported from a backup copy of my Outlook XP contacts) but when I seek for contacts or when I click the "To" and "CC" (While writing new messages) I see a short list that I had in Outlook Express. Please advise how to make Outlook seek for contacts from its Contacts folder. TIA Guy Is your Contacts folder flagged as an address book? Right click on it, choose Properties and go to the Outlook Address Book tab "Guy Cohen&q...

Add contacts I reply to
In Outlook Xpress you can configure it to add contacts I reply to to my address book. Is there a similar setting in Outlook 2003 or 2007? -- Many thanks Carol "Carol" <Carol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83A1ED5F-58D1-496E-A5B7-8F69FE1AAB81@microsoft.com... > In Outlook Xpress you can configure it to add contacts I reply to to my > address book. Is there a similar setting in Outlook 2003 or 2007? No. There are third-party addins that will do this.... "Carol" <Carol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Purpose of Contacts button on General Tab
A have a few questions concerning some of the items found on the General Tab of a Contact entry (Office Outlook 2003) (1) In the lower left corner of the General tab window, there is a "Contacts" button - When you click on the Contacts button, you can select a contact(s) and that contact(s) then appears next to the Contacts button - What is the purpose of adding said contact(s) info (2) In the lower right corner of the General tab window, there is a "Private" check box - What happens when you check or uncheck the "Private" box ? (3) There is ...

I'm stuck in getting Office contact data base to connect with Off.
I'm stuck in getting my Office contact data base to mail merge t with Office Word to print mailing labels For an overview of these functions take a look here: http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/printlabel.htm http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/mailmerge.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "W. "Dee"" <WDee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42E06E19-B075-4AAE-AE1B-0B50C396849A@microsoft.com... > I'm stuck in getting my Office contact data base to mail merge t with > Office > Word to print mailing labels ...

Contacts folder toolbar
[Vista Home Premium x64] Windows Help refers to a Toolbar on the Contacts folder to import /export contacts from a file. When I open the Contacts folder, there is no Toolbar with Import or Export options. There is a bar that has menus for Organize, Views, and Burn. If an existing Contact is selected, additional options for Open, Print, and E-mail are displayed. None of the menus in the Menu bar (File, Edit, View, Tools, Help) have an import or export option. How do I get the option for Import to display? VistaNewbie is correct there is no Import option as described...

How best to backup an Access database
OK, reading here I saw someone has lost his database and there was talk about backup. What I'm doing for backup is ever so often, I copy/ paste a copy of my .mdb file. I have automatic backup software that then backs that up offsite. Should I create something that exports the data in the tables and use that as a backup or am I doing enough? What so people do to backup their access applications? On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 18:32:36 -0800 (PST), MikeB <MPBrede@gmail.com> wrote: Per best practices you have a split database, with a front-end (most likely MDE) on each workstattion, and a bac...

Transffer Sale onto account
Hi, We are using RMS2.0 and was wondering if it is possible to transfer a previous sale onto a customers account. Thanks is advance for your help ...

filtering contacts when sending email
When I send an email, I'd like it to find my contact if I put in ANY part of their email address. Sometimes I know the company name but not the individual name, but it doesn't find them, even though they are there. And which method for selecting Contacts were you wanting to use? -- Russ Valentine "Linda Mellin" <LindaMellin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FFA9D981-F5A5-409E-822D-A375A5099058@microsoft.com... > When I send an email, I'd like it to find my contact if I put in ANY part > of > their email address. Sometimes I ...

Email and Contacts folders?
I transferred my email messages and contacts from Outlook Express on Windows XP to Outlook. When this didn't preserve my folder structure I tried transferring to Windows Live Mail on Windows 7. All of the information transferred but NONE of the folders. I had all my contacts divided up into appropriate folders and the same for my email messages. Is there a way to transfer this information and maintain the folder structure I created? Thanks. I've never used Outlook, so I my not be of much help, but if I had 50 folders in OE that lost their structure, I cou...

Unknown contacts in Windows Live Mail
I set up Windows Live Mail desktop with a Hotmail account and two accounts from my ISP that I have been using for years. My Hotmail account does not have any contacts in it; I imported some (264) contacts from a CSV (originally from Outllok) and that worked okay. The next time I got into there were 1500 contacts exactly. I deleted all of the unknown contacts. Next time I got into the program (the next day) they were back. This has happened repeatedly and the total - legitimate contacts and unknown - is always 1500. Ever more weird, all of the contacts have name, address, phon...

export excel file to outlook express contact list
I am getting translation errors when I try to import an Excel reunion list to Outlook Express contact list. It also states ODBC error in Excel translator, and too many fields. ...

sync crm and outlook contacts
Hey All. I had an oversight when I installed the crm outlook client this week. I neglected to uncheck the syncronize contacts with outlook. Now a few people have over a thousand contacts in outllook that came in from crm. The big problem is that they also have a windows mobile phone so their phones are running terribly. 1. can I delete the contacts from outlook with out having them be deleted from crm? 2. Is the syncronization only one way? 3. If I unceck the syncronize contacts, will they be removed from outlook? Thanks in advance Robert What is the local data rule? If it is...

address book / contacts
Hi, I am unale to access my contacts in the address book when I use To in composing a message. The only list that appears is the one from my microsoft exchange server. How can I correct this problem? thanks for your help! State your Outlook version. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, kim asked: | Hi, | | I am unale to access my contacts in the address book when | I use To in c...

New contacts not showing up
HI, I find the new contacts I am adding now not appearing in the Address book. All the older contacts are showing fine. Where could the problem be? Thanks for any clues. Ramesh how many contacts folders do you have and are all enabled as address books? Ctrl+6 to see the full folder list, right click on contacts, choose properties to see if its enabled as an address book. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook T...

Contact cannot be written to MSOutlook due to error 80141003
I sync between 2 computers running Office XP and I keep getting Error 80141003 with certain contacts. Any ideas as to what this error is? ...

Contacts Blank?
In OE 6 I cannot enter any new contacts at all. In the opening message it states "To create a contact, point to New on the File menu, and then click Contact. Type a contact name in the Full Name box, and then enter the information you want to include for the contact. To save the contact, click Save and Close." But the 'Contact' field in File/New is not 'black' so nothing happens when I try to click this. The whole area just looks like an InBox rather than a contacts area like Outlook. I prefer OE as an email program and am trying to assess it compared with...

No Outlook Address Book-Contacts folder in Word Envelopes and Labe
I posted this question in the Word Discussion Group -- Application Errors, then got to thinking that my problem might be more of a problem with Outlook XP (2002). Consequently, I am also putting my post here if someone might be more knowledgeable about my issue in this group. I am running Windows XP Pro w/ SP3, Office XP (2002) w/ SP3, 1 G Ram. I cannot access anymore the Outlook Address Book-Contacts Folder from Word Envelopes and Labels. For that matter, I can't get any address book of any kind to open anymore in Word 2002's Envelopes and Labels window. BUT PLEAS...

Convert Lead-No link to Contact
Hi, When you convert a lead to an Account, Contact, and Opportunity, the potential customer contains the Account record (Good!), but, there seems to be no association to the Contact record created (Bad!). Is there a way to capture the Contact record that is created and add it to the Opportunity record that is created? The way it works now, you have to search for and add the Contact to the Opportunity....kind of counterproductive. The ideal set up in our case is: The Potential Customer is the Account. Do not want to set Potential Customer as the Contact since people leave companies....