contact list

How do I maintain my contact list?  I find that if I haven't used the name
in a day or two, go to use it, it's not there.  This forces me to pull up
the contact list for the e-mail address.  Any suggestions?

0
Maryanne
2/7/2008 5:12:41 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Maryanne,
you have posted your question to a newsgroup for Microsoft Access the
database product.
The microsoft website is not all that clear and may have misdirected you.
Post your question in a newsgroup for email or outlook.

Jeanette Cunningham

"Maryanne" <mlboy@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> How do I maintain my contact list?  I find that if I haven't used the name
> in a day or two, go to use it, it's not there.  This forces me to pull up
> the contact list for the e-mail address.  Any suggestions?

0
Jeanette

Hide "All Disabled Accounts" from Exchange address list. #2
I'm trying to remove ex-employees names from the global address list in Exchange. The ex-employees accounts are disabled and many have been selected to "Hide from Exchange address list," but there are still a bunch of disabled accounts with active names in the global address list. Is there some action or query I can run to select "Hide from exchange address list" on all disabled accounts? Doing this one by one would be a total pain. Thanks Hi you can do this by using vbscript together with some LDAP filter but you could also use a tool (ADModify for example) that hel...

Sharing messages & contacts between users
Hello, my wife and have upgraded from Win98 and Outlook Express to Win2000 Pro and Outlook 2003... what a time warp! My question is, it's nice to have separate Win2k usernames so she can have a messy desktop and I can have a simple one with web content on the desktop, etc. But when using Outlook 2003, I want both of us to see the same email inbox, same list of unread/read emails, same contacts, same sent items, and so on. I don't want to repeat an email she's already answered or have two sets of contacts for us both. How can I configure Outlook to do that with separate Windo...

How do i number a list of data in excel 2003?
I was shown once, but I can't remember how it was done. I have a list of 5000 things and I need to number then 1-5000, but don't want to go through all 5000. I have seen it done where you type the first few like 1-7 and then use a shortcut and drag it down the rest of the list and the numbers will populate. Please help! You can try something like this: =IF(B1="","",COUNTA($B$1:B1) copy down....or if there are no gabs in your list simply double click on the lower right corner of the cell. HTH JG -- pinmaster -------------------------------------------------...

mailing list servers for Exchange 2000/2003?
Are there any decent majordomo/listserv servers that integrate with Windows 2003 and Exchange 2000/2003? Try http://www.ikakura.com "Robert Gordon" <Robert_Gordon@nospam.perlegen.com> wrote in message news:#X1spgS5DHA.1368@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Are there any decent majordomo/listserv servers that integrate with Windows > 2003 and Exchange 2000/2003? > > ...

Distribution List Troubleshooting
I have a distribution list that I created - the list works when I type in each individual's email address separately in the "to" field. It also works when I send to each person separately. BUT when I try to use the list, only some of the addresses receive the message - others come back undeliverable host. I have deleted and recreated this list three times already, and still the same result. HELP!!!!! ...

Contact Form
Hello, I'm using Outlook 2003. How can i create a new form and use it? Thanks See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "B_" <me@theworld.com> wrote in message = news:42cedb50$0$96970$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl... > Hello, >=20 > I'm using Outlook 2003. >=20 > How can i create a new form and use it? >=20 > Thanks >=20 > Tools->Forms->Design...

Error converting a lead to a contact
HI All We are getting an error whenever we try to convert a lead to a contact. From within CRM we get the following error. ----------------------------------------------------- License Error The selected user or user trying to log on has not been assigned a security role or license, and does not have sufficient privileges for this action. For more information, contact your system administrator. ----------------------------------------------------- Now I have checked out License Manager and this user is attributed to the license and I gave them membership of every role with all the privileg...

White List
How do I create a white list (do not filter) including people who are not in my global lists? Even the smallest list in Outlook 2000 doesn't fit on the exchange server if I try to set it to Stop Processing in the Rules Wizard. Even if it only happened after it went through the server it would be better than nothing. You can whitelist by defining a rule, like: Apply this rule after a message arrives sender is in <contacts> Address Book and on this machine only stop processing more rules <duplicate of above rule for each contact-type folder> Apply...

HOWTO: Bulk change "Hide from Exchange address lists" under "Exchange Advanced" using ADModify or VBScript
Using ADModify: (http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/releases/viewuploads.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2) 1. Select the CUSTOM tab 2. Check Box "Make a customized attribute modification" 3. Attribute Name field, enter "msExchHideFromAddressLists" (without quotes) 4. Attribute Value field, enter "TRUE" to Hide from lists, "FALSE" to show in lists (again, without quotes) 5. Hit Go! ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Using VBScript: (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/resources/qanda/oct05/hey...

Create chart from List Box
How do I use a List Box, with the months in it, allowing the user to click on a month and pull up that particular chart? Do I have to create several charts and use the list box as a hyperlink or can I have the chart create itself? TIA, Brenda Jon Peltier has instructions on his web site that may help you: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html Brenda wrote: > How do I use a List Box, with the months in it, allowing > the user to click on a month and pull up that particular > chart? Do I have to create several charts and use the > list b...

How do I move contact info from excell to Outlook?
I have a basic spreadsheet with contact information in separate columns. name, postition, phone, address, email. I want to move each individual with their information into an entry in Outlook contacts. Can it be merged? Hi Jynene See http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/importcontacts.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Jynene" <Jynene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E4C7C20-267B-468A-BD41-0D54B387296E@microsoft.com... > I have a basic spreadsheet with contact information in separate columns. > name, post...

share calendar contacts
Hi, I have a computer running Windows 2000 with Office 2000. 2 people access this machine and have seperate logons They do however need to share the calendar and contacts in outlook. Can you do this without an Exchange environment? Thanks George Create a new Outlook Personal Folder File (.PST) in a folder that both can access (File | New | Personal Folder File). Export the common calendar/contacts from each individuals' files into that common one. Do a File | Open | Personal Folder File in each profile to open the common PST and create shortcuts on the Outlook bar to the shared f...

Sort order when using Contacts as Address Book?
When using Contacts as an Address Book, is there a way to change the sort order without changing the Default Full Name order? Currently when I select "To..." while composing a new message, Contacts are sorted by first name. I'd like to sort them by last name. Thanks. -- Lew One of the most frequently asked questions (probably becuase it's one of the most carefully hidden options): Go to Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing directories or address books > Outlook Address Book > Change. > Set your sort order there -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Out...

Enable Combo box based on value in check box and list box....
I am working in Excel 2003 As a part of my worksheet titled "Worksheet" I am trying to enable Combo boxes based on the value of a check box and the value in a list box. There will be a total of 6 combo boxes on the Worksheet. The first combo box that deals with the body of a book will by default enabled. The second combo box will be set to appear disabled unless a forms control check box is checked to indicate there will be a cover on the book. The 3rd through 6th combo box will each be disabled by default and will be enabled when the list box which indicates the additional sect...

Printing contacts in Outlook 2003
When printing out pages of Contacts in Outlook 2003 in Detailed Address Card format, there is always an extra sheet printed last that lists all the fields but with no info in the fields. Is there a way to keep that extra sheet from printing? Neil try an updated printer driver first. "Neil" <hnhanson@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ibdcd.192082$wV.88019@attbi_s54... > When printing out pages of Contacts in Outlook 2003 in Detailed Address > Card format, there is always an extra sheet printed last that lists all > the fields but with no info in the fields....

Business contact Mgr for Outlook 2003
I have tried to install business Contact Mgr a number of times. It goes through the regular installation and at the end it says Setup was completed, However, below is this message. "Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003 was not installed. The Wizard was interupted before Business Contact Manager for outlook 2003 could be completely installed. Run Setup again." this just sort of continues to loop with the same error. Any Ideas? This installation is on a xppro machine. Thx Do you have Exchange in the profile? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies t...

Automatically change list values #3
Thanks, that works perfectly for me -- DKer ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DKerr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1308 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27040 ...

Account and Contact on One Opportunity
My sales team needs to know both who the Account is as well as who the primary Contact is for an Opportunity. Since there doesn't appear to be a way to have two fields on the Opportunity form to handle this, what is the recommended work-around? I can think of two: 1. Add an attribute and text box for "Account Name" to Opportunity that's filled in when Opportunity converted from Lead. 2. Write code to dynamically look up Account Name from selected Contact on Opportunity form whenever it's displayed. 3. Just fill in the Account name in the "Topic" field when...

Contacts, Notes & Calender
i fixed my erroe of "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window" by microsoft fix it and found new problam that my previous all data Contacts, Notes, Calender & Mails gone, now how can i get them back ? On 3/4/2010 10:59 PM, Tufail wrote: > i fixed my erroe of "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook > window" by microsoft fix it and found new problam that my previous all data > Contacts, Notes, Calender& Mails gone, now how can i get them back ? File -> Open -> Outlook Data File In the file name, type...

List of DDE commands for Excel
Hi, I wont to send some commands from my application to Excel via DDE. Fo example : to select specific sheet in the excel workbook I use nex command - [WORKBOOK.SELECT("sheet-name")]. But I can't find the list of all these commands. Please help me -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you have a look in the object browser in the excel visual basi editor it will have a list of the VB commands excel will accept and i you hit F1 on them it will tell you what they do and usually giv syntax. Dunca -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com 2 DNF Karran Th...

Putting Products in a Pick List Custom Field
Is it possible to add a Picklist ( drop down box ) to a custom form, which has a list of products? Sorry, I don't mean Picklist I mean select box with the magnifying glass next to it so you can choose the products.. "Luke Baines" <luke.baines@eye4you.com.au> wrote in message news:OJTIomJPEHA.3476@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to add a Picklist ( drop down box ) to a custom form, which > has a list of products? > ...

Drop down list for Data Validation
In Data Validation using a list, is there a way to specify how many items show in the drop down list? I'm using Office 2003 and my drop down list only shows eight (8) items. I want twenty. jlb AFAIK, it is not possible for Data Validation lists -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi not possible to change this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "jlbreyer" <john.breyer@goodrich.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:089001c49024$42589320$a401280a@phx.gbl... > In Data Validation using a list, is there a way to > specify how many items show in th...

Address book
Hi Somehow I seem to have two contact folders in my address book One has most of my contacts & the other has just two How do I move the two over & then remove the unnecessary folder? -- Martin ���� You do nothing in the address book view. First use Folder list view to consolidate Contacts into the one folder. Then you can delete the empty folder. After that you can go into Tools > Options in the Address Book view to remove the empty folder from the display. -- Russ Valentine "Martin ���� @nohere.net" wrote in message news:moblm51l55u19uucfosu7j4qq9p...

Serach duplicate and merge or delete contacts
is there a way of searching the duplicates and merge or delete these contacts in outlook? Use one of the free tools listed at http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts.htm#dupe -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Vishal Sheth" <Vishal Sheth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D4F5929-B03F-4BAA-B525-22AD3338CE18@microsoft.com... > is there a way of searching the duplicates and merge or delete these > cont...

Lookup Max and Min Values in a List
Hi Given a number I want to look up what number in a list is just greate and just less than my original number. Ex. Given number 55 look at the following list of values: 22 33 44 55 66 77 and in one cell return 44 and another 66. Seems easy but I can't ge it. Thanks -- jp ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jpx's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=101 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39870 ????????????????? -- jpx ---------------------------------------------------...