Constant number of lines per group - Access 2007

I need to print a constant number of lines per group, as my report
needs to print on pre-printed forms, and the data needs to land in the
correct location on the paper.

I found the following support article on Microsoft's web site, but it
indicates that it works only through version 97.  Hoping it would
still work anyway, I followed the instructions, but it did not work
for me in Access 2007.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q119073

Does anybody know how to accomplish this in 2007?

TIA.

0
bcbrock
12/20/2007 9:08:36 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

"... did not work ... in Access 2007" does not tell us much.

Did Access print anything?  Did nothing happen?  Did your PC catch fire?

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

<bcbrock@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I need to print a constant number of lines per group, as my report
> needs to print on pre-printed forms, and the data needs to land in the
> correct location on the paper.
>
> I found the following support article on Microsoft's web site, but it
> indicates that it works only through version 97.  Hoping it would
> still work anyway, I followed the instructions, but it did not work
> for me in Access 2007.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q119073
>
> Does anybody know how to accomplish this in 2007?
>
> TIA.

0
Jeff
12/20/2007 10:13:56 PM
My apologies....

My results were the same as if I had not followed any of the
prescribed steps outlined in the KB article.

For each group, Access 2007 printed 1 line of data per record found -
no more.

Thanks.
0
bcbrock
12/20/2007 10:35:16 PM
Is it printing only the "first" record found "for each group", or the last,
or some apparently random record?

In your report, what are you grouping on?

Does your report have both a Group By band and a Details band?  The GroupBy
would be where your group ID/title/whatever shows, but the Detail band
beneath it would be where all the detail records show.

> My apologies....
>
> My results were the same as if I had not followed any of the
> prescribed steps outlined in the KB article.
>
> For each group, Access 2007 printed 1 line of data per record found -
> no more.
>
> Thanks.

0
Jeff
12/20/2007 10:44:50 PM
The data in my report comes from 2 tables:  ASTU & AIMM.  I have a 1-
to-many relationship established between the two tables. ASTU contains
(among other fields) "LastName", "FirstName", and "Permnum".  Permum
is a student ID number, and so is unique in the ASTU table.

I am grouping on a concatonation of  "LastName, FirstName  PermNum".

My report does have both a group header band, and a details band.

When the report runs, it will print the student name and ID number (as
per the concatonated field), and prints each related record (in the
details section) from the second table, AIMM, which are immunization
records.

I am not having difficulty with it ommitting information - all my data
is there.  The challenge I'm trying to overcome is getting access to
print 10 lines of data (or 10 detail sections) per student, regardless
of how many immunization records are found in AIMM.  For example, if
student "Joe Smith" has 4 immunization records, I want Access to print
those 4 records (which it is currently doing just fine), followed by 6
blank lines.

The URL I posted above shows how to accomplish this on previous
versions of Access, but following those steps in 2007 does not produce
the blank lines I'm looking for.

Thanks.
0
bcbrock
12/21/2007 4:26:44 PM
Rather than debug a KB article, I'd probably suggest searching on-line for
something like "MS Access Report print constant number of lines" ...
(without the quotes or ellipses)

> The data in my report comes from 2 tables:  ASTU & AIMM.  I have a 1-
> to-many relationship established between the two tables. ASTU contains
> (among other fields) "LastName", "FirstName", and "Permnum".  Permum
> is a student ID number, and so is unique in the ASTU table.
>
> I am grouping on a concatonation of  "LastName, FirstName  PermNum".
>
> My report does have both a group header band, and a details band.
>
> When the report runs, it will print the student name and ID number (as
> per the concatonated field), and prints each related record (in the
> details section) from the second table, AIMM, which are immunization
> records.
>
> I am not having difficulty with it ommitting information - all my data
> is there.  The challenge I'm trying to overcome is getting access to
> print 10 lines of data (or 10 detail sections) per student, regardless
> of how many immunization records are found in AIMM.  For example, if
> student "Joe Smith" has 4 immunization records, I want Access to print
> those 4 records (which it is currently doing just fine), followed by 6
> blank lines.
>
> The URL I posted above shows how to accomplish this on previous
> versions of Access, but following those steps in 2007 does not produce
> the blank lines I'm looking for.
>
> Thanks.

0
Jeff

I cannot access any hyperlinks in e-mail messages I receive.
Somebody or something has changed access settings in my Outlook e-mail. If I click on a hyperlink I receive a message telling me that it can't perform this action and that this computer has restrictions and I should contact my system administrator. Unfortunately, that's me!! Help! woofandduke wrote: > Somebody or something has changed access settings in my Outlook e-mail. If I > click on a hyperlink I receive a message telling me that it can't perform > this action and that this computer has restrictions and I should contact my > system administrato...

Office Power Point Viewer 2007 won't open ".pps" files
Using Windows 7, Home Premium, 32 bit. No Office 2007 installed. Using Microsoft Works. Have experienced several issues with Office PPT Viewer 2007. Cleared them, but additionally each time I try to open a .pps file, either from the Desktop or Windows Mail, I receive the following: "C:\Users|AMD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\TemporaryInternetFiles\content.IE5\E7D22GOW\Gathering of Mustangs and Legends2007.pps is not a valid Win32 application". I have opened this file many times on another computer, so don't think it is an issue with the file. The software has be...

Counting number of dates in a column earlier than today
Hi, Please can someone advise me on the formula I require for this problem. I would like to calculate the number of dates in a specified column, that equal to the current date or the date has passed. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated Hi, Try =COUNTIF(G:G,"<="&TODAY()) Will return the number of dates in column G that are =< today "dnmnas" wrote: > Hi, > Please can someone advise me on the formula I require for this problem. > > I would like to calculate the number of dates in a specified column, that > equal to the current date or th...

2007 Public Folder Replicas
In my 2007 design I have two boxes with the HT/CAS roles installed and a CCR cluster (which doesn't support public folder replicas apparently). So where will my PF replicas live? Will this require yet another server? ...

Running Access Query Returns Incorrect Number of Records
I am running some code which loops through and runs the queries in an Access Database. The count of the records is then stored in a Worksheet. For most of the queries, the figure stored in the Worksheet matches the number of records if you run the query in Access. But for certain queries, the count of the records does not match the number of records when the query is run in Access. If I change the query to a make table query and then base another query on that table, the results are correct. Can anybody suggest running the query from Excel would results in a different number of records bein...

email access in outlook from a cruise ship
I'm going on a cruise to Alaska and I need to access my email to answer quotes, ( working vacation ) thanks. -- doug blair doug blair wrote: > I'm going on a cruise to Alaska and I need to access my email to answer > quotes, ( working vacation ) thanks. > > > > i don't quote understand what you mean. if your cruise ship gives you access to the Internet, you should be able to use Outlook. Check with your mail provider to see if what kind of web access they = offer. This isn't an Outlook issue per se.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of ...

Outlook 2007 error when closing
Hi, Why am I getting this error when closing Outlook 2007. "Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" and it shows a check box "Restart Microsoft Office Outlook". I'm getting below details when clicking "What data does this error report contain?" Error Signature: Appname:outlook.exe Appver: 12.0.6514.5000 AppStamp: 4a89dc70 Modulename: dccmsp32.dll ModVer: 10.0.2009.929 ModStamp: 39d4133c fDebug: 0 Offset: 00005346 Please help. Thanks in ad...

Export Access Record to Specific Cells in Excel
I'm looking for suggestions on how to export data from an Access table or Query into specific cells of a Worksheet. The table I'm importing will always contain a single record only. For example, I'd like to export data from Field1, field2...etc in an access table to Sheet2!A3, Sheet2!B3...etc. Any sugestions would be most appreciative. ...

Tutorial on line available?
Need to learn this fast. Is there an on line tutorial (free, of course) that I may use? Thanks in advance There are quite a few general ones, here's one: http://www.itts.ttu.edu/documentation/excel/excel2/exceltxti.html also, there are a lot of sites with useful information. John Walkenbach has a good list here: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/links/ HTH tim "Semudemu" <Semudemu@aol.com> wrote in message news:03e201c34bd7$e55c9e50$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Need to learn this fast. Is there an on line tutorial > (free, of course) that I may use? > Thanks in advance &...

Excel 2007 and Word 2007 Hangs when using the File -> Open command
I have a couple users that when they have Excel 2007 or Word 2007 open, and click the File -> Open option, and choose a file, it either takes about 3 minutes to open the file or the program will crash. If they were to double click on the documents or spreadsheets, the doc or sheet will open right up. This is happening on the user's Hard drive as well as network drives. Once you get a file opened in Word or Excel, however, the next time you go to File -> Open, it's really fast to open the file. ...

Creating a summary page without blank lines
I have a project where I need to determine if the billing for supplemental charges for employees matches what is actually deducted from the employee's pay check. I just started this position and what I am working with is a separate spreadsheet for each month's bill. What I have done so far is to create a spreadsheet with a tab for each month that just has the supplemental information being billed for in the left most columns and what was deducted from each paycheck in the columns to the right, a tab that lists employee names and employee numbers, and a summary page that lists...

Outlook 2007 #34
I have a Toshiba laptop running XP. I replaced Office for Teacher and Student 2003 with Office Home and Student 2007 and replaced Outlook 2002 with Outlook 2007. The problems I was having with Outlook 2002 were as follows: The incoming emails would repete 5-10 times upon loading on my computer. The status would just keep showing numbers 50%,25%,8%,0%,2% etc.....in no logical order or sequence. Messages I was trying to send would just stay in the out box. When you first open Outlook 2002 it would say that it was not closed properly and would look for errors (even though it was closed p...

access & windows xp
we're trying to use access 2000 (part of office rooo profesional SR) on new HP/compaq machine that has xp pro on it. on clicking a button to jump between forms we get the following message:- The expression On Click you entered as the event peroperty setting produced the following error:- Can't find roject or library. The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user defined function, or an [event proceedure]. There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro. .. It sounds like the button OnClick calls an expression e.g. "=M...

Recovery storage groups and exmerge
Hi, I had an exchange 2003 server fail a short while ago. While the server was down, I moved deleted the mailboxes off that server, created new mailboxes for those users on another server, then restored the contents of their mailboxes from the most recent backup I had. Users back up, so far so good, only a small window of data missing for the users (the "bad" server had it's MTA up and was on the network, but could not mount the Information Store, so I assume messages sent to recipients on that server are hidden away in it's MTA). As I could copy the priv.edb file off of t...

How can I customize the right-click context menu in Word 2007
I use cut & paste of imported text a lot in both Word 2007 and Excel 2007. In Excel the right-click context menu includes Paste Special; in Word it does not. How can I add Paste Special to the Word context menu? See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Word2007_SC_Menu_Programatically.htm -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Steve Samson" <SteveSamson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A20FD91E-CFE2-402A-8A54-9F58880A3126@micros...

Add lines to a renewed contract
Whenever I try to add a new contract line while renewing a contract (ie the customer has purchased an item during the year and the contract template is coverage dates), the system rejects the new line with "invalid coverage dates". Doesnt seem to matter what dates are entered. Please advise how to add new lines while renewing a contract. Thanks Prue ...

Unable to delete group
I am tidying up some unused Email account groups. They all deleted OK except one. I'm in the "Send/Receive Groups" dialogue, when I hit the Remove button with this particular group I get the message: "You cannot remove the selected send/Receive Group." I can't see anything special about this group. I've tried deselecting the Email accounts within the group so it contains no active accounts at all but I still get the message. Anyone know how I can delete this group? BTW this is Outlook 2003. TIA. --Doug. ...

Excell 2007 messing up graphics
I have an invoice Excel sheet setup with my company logo on it. For some reason Excel 2007 messes it up during printing. It prints it about 10 times the size. I tried to re create the work sheet and it still will not print the graphic. It show it ok but will not print it. When I go to Print Preview the logo (JPG graphing) is not seen at all. Any Ideas what is going on? ...

How can I access a file in Outlook Public Folder by VBscript
It does not have to be VBscript.. I need sync the file with my local harddrive... Thanks. Nix wrote: > It does not have to be VBscript.. > I need sync the file with my local harddrive... > > Thanks. Why does it need to be a script at all? You can add your public folder to your PF\Favorites (drag it there) and include it in your send/receive settings for offline use with your OST file. ...

News Group URL
Hi, Can I access this news group through internet other than going through the Google groups? If yes, can anyone let me know the URL of this new group? Thanks, Jaison Jaison wrote: > Can I access this news group through internet other than going through > the Google groups? If yes, can anyone let me know the URL of this new > group? Here you are: http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.crm&SLCID=DE&sd=GN&id=fh;US;NEWSGROUPS -- J�rgen Beck MCSD.NET, MCDBA, MCSE, MCT, MVP .NET MCP CRM Application/Installation/Cust...

random sequence of numbers
How do I generate a random sequence of numbers? e.g. simulating pulling the numbers 1 through 25 out of a hat. One way: Put the numbers 1 through 25 in A1:A25. Put this in B1 and copy down to B25: =RAND() Select any cell in the A1:B25 and choose Data/Sort. Sort on column B (ascending or descending, doesn't matter) with no headers. If you need to save the sequence copy A1:A25 to a different location. Since RAND() will recalculate after the sort, you can get another random sequence by choosing Data/Sort again. In article <1eb301c38762$7f1fef90$a301280a@phx.gbl>, "...

Like numbers in a field
I am working with a 25,000 row parts issue listing that was created by parts issue date. There are many repeat numbers in the part number column as the same part would have been issued on several different dates. I would like to be able to combine the like part numbers to know how many parts were issued over the course of all of the dates. Any ideas??? The Column headers are Part Number, Quantity, Unit Price, Total Price and Transaction Date. Create a new query based on your parts issue listiong table. Drag the Part number field into the query grid twice. Click on the Total...

Exchange 2007 behind NAT/RPC over HTTP
Hi, I have an Exchange 2007 server behind a NAT router. I want to configure RPC over HTTP (Outlook anywhere) on it. HTTP/HTTPS is working on it as expected (the NAT router forwards ports 443 and 80 to Exchange's internal IP address). I have enabled Outlook Anywhere in the Exch. management console, specified external hostname and clicked the "Basic Auhtentication" checkbox (from what I understand that's required in order to make it work over SSL) - the SSL offloading is not enabled. I'm trying to configure Outlook 2003 to connect to it but I haven't been...

Showing "Meeting point" of lines in Chart
Hi, I am trying to create a chart (with a data from a table). I'm using excel 2003. I manage to do it pretty well, I'm just facing one problem: I have 2 lines which are crossing eachother in a curtain point. Is there an option to show this exact point on the chart? (meaning, with the exact X and Y location) I couldn't find such option in the chart properties and settings... Many thanks! JJ. -- jinjon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jinjon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28903 View this thr...

Extra Rows in Excel 2007
I recently upgraded to Excel 2007 from 2002, and a lot of the spreadsheets seem to have something extra in the rows below the end of the data. Two examples: 1) I went to the bottom of the data in a spreadsheet and made a new entry. As soon as I hit enter, the spreadsheet started scrolling down and wouldn't stop for a couple of thousand rows. 2) I saved a spreadsheet as a csv file and another application that uses the file started having problems. So I opened the csv file in WordPad and saw a couple of hundred rows of commas. That never happened with Excel 2002. I opened the ...