Connecting to a Paradox Database

I recently installed Access 2007 and I'm trying to link to a Paradox Database
table that is created by Paradox 7.

I follow the proper procedure to connect to the .DB  table but when instead
of linking or importing I get the error:  unexpected error from external
driver (11265) - no matter what I do.

I'm a novice database user but I have done this before in Access 2003.  I've
searched but cant find much information that is directly related to this
error in Access 2007.

Thanks for any help.

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Re-install a database/company after deleting the DB in SQL EM.
Can anyone list all the tables that need to be cleaned out if a company database is deleted in Enterprise Manager before the company is deleted in GP? I have mistakenly done this and would like to clear everything out and set up that same database name again. No backup yet as it was a brand-new migration database ( a poor excuse I admit) that had the migration run on it. Thought we had it by clearing out the related company entries in the SY01500, DU0000xx, SY40500, SY40502? and a few more tables, but the new company setup still bombs on the very last step of the SQL setup (loading d...

Please help, Issues moving a CRM4 database to a new server and dom
Hi, I know there are a few posts here about this but nothing works for me. My Goal is to move a database to another server in another location with a different domain. Here is what I tried. I backed up the database on the current server (domain name: serverusa). I did backup both the MSCRM and the Config. First I tried to install MSCRM fresh on the new server (Domain name: server-ebm) I then checked it and I could access the CRM fine on the server using IE. Then I did go to the SQM management and restored the MSCRM database from a dump. After this I can access but it tells me "Inva...

How do I delete a single page among many connected pages in Publis
I work with documents typically imported from Word. Occasionally I need to delete a single page without changing the formatting on subsequent pages. When I simply use Edit/Delete Page all of the original text from Word is apparently in the overflow area because it is not visible. Text Boxes and pictures that I inserted into the Publisher document after importing the main document from Word do not seem to be affected. ...

Cant move my database :-(
When I move my ms access database to a new machine i get a message saying that the event proceedure on mousedown etc bla bla bla and the date fields do not populate. When I return to the pc i built the damn thing on it works like a dream! Anyone got any ideas? Cheers If you want help, you'd be best off saying exactly what "bla bla bla" is. It's like going to a mechanic and saying "my car did something: fix it". Is your application split into a front-end (containing the queries, forms, reports, macros and modules), linked to a back-end (containing the tables...

written data, connect to Excel or???
I have an Excel MIS where each column represents a different job/client/report. The top rows contain formulas that calculate costs, elapsed days, days between draft and final reports, etc. and also rows that contain start dates and report dates (job closure). Lower rows contain hours by month and year that do not print in the "standard report." Costs are calculated only when the report is issued and in the year the report is issued. Everything works well. If text comments were desired for each job (perhaps to give a history for suspensions and key events, what alternatives woul...

Security Access to a database
my partner and I are the administrators of our database when it was 2003. We brought the database into 2007 and everything seemed alright till we created a backend database and used the frontend to input data as we did with no problems in 2003. Now it won't let us access the database, back or front end. Is there a way to wipe out the security settings and start clean? Bernie, Access 2007 requires that the files be in a Trusted Location. Have a look at... http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TrustedLocation.htm Oh, and you can't *wipe that out*. -- G...

MS CRM reading external database
Hi guys, If I have some transactional records sitting in an external database (outside of the MS CRM database), how can I: - create new fields in say, Opportunities, and have these fields read dynamically from this external database? - or alternatively, create a new table in the MS CRM database, have these new fields in Opportunities referenced/read from this new table? I can add new tables into the MS CRM database through Enterprise Manager, but Deployment Manager doesn't seem to be able to detect this new table. Urgently need input on this. Appreciate any reply at all! Thanks and ch...

copy database
Hi, Copying a database with SQL 2008 or R2 produces an error, since access in the destination folder for creating the new database is denied. In fact this destination folder is the default one, just the default "....DATA". Do I really need to re-configure initial security-settings to be able to copy a database with the standard copy-function? Thanks for your hint. Patrick Patrick D. (PatrickD@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > Copying a database with SQL 2008 or R2 produces an error, since access in > the destination folder for creating the new database ...

Internet connection problem using the connection wizard
I have just restored my server from a backup and now when I try to use the connect to the internet wizard it fails with messages at each stage of "Network Configuration", "Firewall Configuration" and "E mail configuration" At each stage a message is displayed " an error occured while configuring a component - to continue with the wizzard & configure remaining components click OK" I think somthing has not restarted when I reinstalled the system from a backup. On startup it wans a component has not started and in the log a repot states ...

Extract Contact Information direct from Exchange Database
Hi Is there a way to extract Contact details direct from the edb file? I know you can use Exmerge to PST mailboxes but am after searching a particular users contact items for a particular set of contact details only. Is this possible to do with Exmerge or any other facility? We have looked at using the Backup software to restore to a dummy mailbox but wondered if there is a facility we can use before going down that route. We don't want the user to know that this is happened, it is sensitive. We are also still on Exchange 5.5, NT4 SP6a. Thanks for any help nmcl72@blueyonder.co.uk ...

Business Management Error Move CRM 4.0 Database to Different Machi
Hi, I have backed up a CRM 4.0 _MSCRM and MSCRM_Config database from one machine and restored both on another machine ( Which had been useing a test database). After restoring both databases on the new host I used the Deployment Manger to import the restored database. After completing the import when I attempt to open CRM I get an error message saying " Business Management Error The user ID associated the current record is not valid" From the server where I'm logged an as Administrator On client PC I get the following. Server Error in '/...

address database question
I am setting up an address database in Excel 2003 that I need to be able to use to make labels for mailings. I have people that are in different "categories" and will want to group them by that category, depending on who I am sending the mailing to. For instance, I have a person, Person A, who is a general supporter, lives in the area, and sponsors a child. Person A is in three of the possible 5 categories. Another person, Person B, might be simply a general supporter (i.e., in one category). How can I best organize the data - and the headings - so that I can make labels ...

Connect a number to a picture bank and import that picture to exce
I have a colum with numbers for specific products (example 111,123456) and I want a picture in the colum to the right of it that matches the number. On the computer I have a folder with pictures named with the product numbers. So my question is: Is there a function to link the the number in for example cell A1 with the picture that has the same name as the value in A1 and put that picture in cell B1. Thanks to whom ever have an answer, it would help my life. Best Regards Dennis Hi Dennis Have a look at this site : http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html HTH John...

How to store E-mail content in a database
Hello, Cant the e-mail content be store in a database like access from outlook e-mail. I already read articles 181426 How to store outlook message in access database, but that only imports who sent the e-mail not what was in the e-mail. We are taking a survey on the web and the answer comes via e- mail to us. We want to store the answers into a database. Because we don't host our own website we cannot create the form in front page to do this. Any help you can give me would be appreciated. Thanks, Maritza. ...

Database Corruption?
Greetings, I have some Access 2002 applications that run on a server, front-end/back-end. I have run into a new problem since upgrading with the '30-day Trial' version of office 2003. While I can run my resident applications just fine, some network applications will not open. Access says they are corrupt! When I copy them to a local drive, I cannot repair them either. Yet these same files run just fine on Access 2002 machines on the network? Is there some setting I need to change in Access 2003? I own these files, yet cannot open or repair them? ...

can't create a blank database
When I click on new blank database, it opens as an MDE with 5 hidden and uneditable tables locked in. They are as follows. MSysAccessStorage, MSysACEs, MSysObjects, MSysQueries, MSysRelationships. How do I open just a blank Access database application so I can add tables and create/delete and do everything until I am ready to make as an MDE? On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 08:57:03 -0800, JGAMBLER <JGAMBLER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I click on new blank database, it opens as an MDE with 5 hidden and >uneditable tables locked in. They are as follows. MSysAccessStorage, &g...

Is RAID1 good enough for a local office database/file server (running Windows 2008 Server)? Or RAID5? Options
Hi Our IT suppliers are telling us that hard disks are now so reliable, that RAID1 good enough for a local office database/file server (running Windows 2008 Server)? Or should we go for RAID5 ? All feedback gratefully appreciated. With thanks Ship Shiperton Henethe Hi Shiperton, RAID 1 is at least equally reilable as RAID 5. Both configurations tolerate losing one disk. However, if you calculate statistically, chances are bigger that one drive will fail out of three (RAID 5) than one out of two (RAID 1). The same is statistically true that two drives will fai...

email button on toolbar launches Internet Connection Wizard instead of Outlook 2000
Hi, I am quite new to this, so please forgive any infringements of ettiquette. Can anyone help? I have a machine running office2k with Outlook 2k. When I click on the email icon, on the standard toolbar, the Internet Connection Wizard is launched, instead of Outlook 2k. I have trawled the Excel help files, but to no avail. I have also started searching the internet, which led me here. How do I change the application that the icon launches? Thanks, in anticipation, BizzyByers ...

Linking Excel to a Access database #2
Thanks I am giving it a try, it retireves the data ok, but it i difficult to try and set the table up, there are too many differen categories in the data! I will try and see if I can work this one out though..... Otherwise is there anyway that Excel functions can count data in a Access database without importing it -- martin ridle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- martin ridley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=803 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26695 ...

Use Trusted Connection-Crystal ODBC Connection
I setup a ODBC connection for Crystal reports, however when opening a report or refreshing a report, I get the SQL Server Login in window, asking for a login ID and password. There is also a check box for 'Use Trusted Connection' and if the user checks this box, the login ID and password grays out and they have access any of the Dynamics SQL tables. Basically someone can build any payroll report they want... and bypass all security by checking one simple box Does anyone know how to disable this check box? -- Doug Doug, It won't be quite that easy. The reason this w...

CAsyncSocket
Hello, I starting to do my first Client/Server application. We are using TCP/IP. I'm doing the Client, The server already exists. I'm programming in VC++ 2005 MFC using CAsyncSocket. In the specification is says that the client will connect to the Server and then both server and client may start a transaction. there may only be one transaction alive at the time. I'm a bit confused about how I now if the connection is alive or not. I know that one of the test that will be done is to remove the network cable and after 5-10 minutes attach it again and now the connection has to be c...

Connecting CRM and JD EDWARD
How to Connect JD Edward and MCRM ...

Database and Log files
We currently have Exchange 2k3 loaded onto a active/passive 2 node cluster attached to a SAN. My quesiton is this: MS recommends putting the log files and database files on separate drives. Does it really matter if a SAN is being used? If both drives (the database drive and the log drive) are on the SAN anyway, they could be using the same drive or different drives (physically) even if they are or aren't partitioned in Explorer. Any thoughts? On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 06:46:00 -0800, Frusturat$d <Frusturatd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We currently have Exchange 2k3 loaded ...

Database design question
Just curious about any drawbacks to this type of database design. There is an organization table that has many types of organizations and structures dealing with organizations in it such as: Company, Region, Market, etc There is another table that is the linking table for all the organizations. The type of relationship you are looking at is by a RecordTypeID. So in essence, it is like having 6 diffent tables in one table with about 12+ different mapping tables in another table. So your queries would look something like: SELECT * FROM Organization Company JOIN Organ...

Basic way to make basic databases work on Access2007?
I tried the Microsoft info on this questions and it was really worthless. Let's say a "little guy" makes some unsplit Access 2003 databases with Macros and code which a friend wants to run on Access 2007 without "security" related hassles, including without wanting to have to click through warnings every time it is opened. Is there a simple way to do this? Thanks in advance Sincerely, Fred Fred If you trust your friend, you can tell Access/Windows to trust the location in which the file runs. -- Regards Jeff Boyce Microso...