CONDITION IN MACRO #2

This is an update to an earlier question I posed. I am using Access 2002. I'm
trying to use a Condition in a Macro to determine whether or not to SetValue.
It appears that the Condition will not allow me to use a "wildcard"
(asterisk). The Field I'm checking is filled with entries like CRUZ SA or
CRUZ SB or CRUZ SC. I simply want to set the Condition to look for
CRUZ*...meaning any entry that begins with CRUZ. The Condition I set up is
[CLASS]="CRUZ*". It doesn't work. But, when I set the Condition to
[CLASS]="CRUZ SA" it works. Access Help seems to say I can use wildcards in a
Macro. Anybody know why this isn't working ?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Ty [CLASS] Like "CRUZ*"

--
Gina Whipp

II

"pauld" <pauld@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is an update to an earlier question I posed. I am using Access 2002.
> I'm
> trying to use a Condition in a Macro to determine whether or not to
> SetValue.
> It appears that the Condition will not allow me to use a "wildcard"
> (asterisk). The Field I'm checking is filled with entries like CRUZ SA or
> CRUZ SB or CRUZ SC. I simply want to set the Condition to look for
> CRUZ*...meaning any entry that begins with CRUZ. The Condition I set up is
> [CLASS]="CRUZ*". It doesn't work. But, when I set the Condition to
> [CLASS]="CRUZ SA" it works. Access Help seems to say I can use wildcards
> in a
> Macro. Anybody know why this isn't working ?

0
Gina
9/1/2007 9:54:21 PM
=?Utf-8?B?cGF1bGQ=?= <pauld@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> This is an update to an earlier question I posed. I am using
> Access 2002. I'm trying to use a Condition in a Macro to determine
> whether or not to SetValue. It appears that the Condition will not
> allow me to use a "wildcard" (asterisk). The Field I'm checking is
> filled with entries like CRUZ SA or CRUZ SB or CRUZ SC. I simply
> want to set the Condition to look for CRUZ*...meaning any entry
> that begins with CRUZ. The Condition I set up is [CLASS]="CRUZ*".
> It doesn't work. But, when I set the Condition to [CLASS]="CRUZ
> SA" it works. Access Help seems to say I can use wildcards in a
> Macro. Anybody know why this isn't working ?

Using wildcards requires the like operator, not the = operator,
therefore you want the condition [CLASS] like "Cruz"

--
Bob Quintal

PA is y I've altered my email address.

Bob

Macro Help 11-24-09
I have one workbook of data (1 tab) that has data for 20 different Sales Reps (different names). I need to copy all data for "Rep A" into a separate worksheet, and same for "Rep B" and so on. At the end I would have 1 tab for all data and 20 tabs with the data for each rep. Basically, I need to copy and paste each rep data into a new worksheet within the same workbook but didn't want to do it manually. I hope this makes sense. See Ron de Bruin's site for code. http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm Also check out his easyfilter add-in. http://www.ro...

Problems with creating a newsletter

Meeting updates #2

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

chart MAcro to change on activecell