Concatenation across many to many join

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have three tables like this:

Table 1
ID(autonumber)  Field 1  Field 2  Field 3

Table 2 - many to many join
[Table 1 ID]  [Table 3 ID]

Table 3
ID(autonumber) Field 1 Field 2

I would like to create a query/other SQL statement which will produce fields
from Table 1 and then a filed which shows a comma separated series of the
related Field1 in Table 3. So I think it would be like...

(Table1.Field1)  (Table1.Field2)  (Table3.Field1, Field1, Field 1)

I'm new to coding and have searched for something like this, but I've only
found the ability to concatenate when the values are in the same table. Any
help will be appreciated!

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

join columns, keep both values
I have a multicolumn database with text entries. I want to join the cells in Col. B with the cells in Col.C and keep all the text. For instance, B3 may be "1N", C3 may be "4W". I want the combined column to read "1N 4W". How do I do this?!? TNX. -- FourPenny ------------------------------------------------------------------------ FourPenny's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23864 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=375062 Try this: =B3&" "&C3 -->"1N 4W&q...

Create many-to-many with attributes?
Hi... Is it possible in 4.0 to create many-to-many relationships with an attribute attached to the relationship? My problem is that I want a self-referential relationship to Account where the type of relationship is 5 different ones.. Is that possible? Thanks... No it's not possible to add attributes to a relationship. You can create 5 different n:n relationships and give them different descriptions. Dave Ireland "Thomas" <tdemant@gmail.com> wrote in message news:3b9f40e3-9840-4438-aaff-729a8f35adca@j22g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi... > > Is it possib...

to many formula
hi i have a worksheet with a lot of data on it column A contains the date column B contains an area column C contains the fault column D contain a quantity A B C D 1/4/04 stores damaged 10 7/4/04 bins rust 60 31/12/04 floor wet 100 what i want to do is return quantity for a date range(one week) once the week range is checked the area and fault are checked i could have 12 faults for one area there...

concatenate in chart titles
Hi - how can I get a title in a chart so it can take the contents of a cell. For example, I want the chart title to say "Population for [state name]" So eerytime the name of the state changes in a cell the chart title will change also Charlie I found it ...

how many states are east of the mississippi river
MY SON WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW MANY STATES THERE ARE EAST OF THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER FOR A SCHOOL REPORT CAN ANY ONE HELP KATHRYN TIENOR wrote: > MY SON WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW MANY STATES THERE ARE EAST OF THE MISSISSIPPI > RIVER FOR A SCHOOL REPORT CAN ANY ONE HELP > I have no idea how you chose this Excel newsgroup to post your question, but get a good map of the United States, locate the Mississippi River from its source near the western point of Lake Superior on the Canadian border to its mouth near New Orleans, Louisiana, and count 'em. Alan Beban > I have no idea ...

Many instances of Outlook~1.srs files
Hello, When I open C:\Docs and Settings\%name%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook I find many instances of "Outlook~#.srs" files, where the # ranges from 1 to 7. When I delete them and reopen Outlook the number gets higher and higher. How do I get back to the original file "Outlook~.srs"? Thanks, AJS ...

Lookup Value from CONCATENATED string
I have a sheet that contains values representing pant sizes ie 501STF28X30 501STF28X32 501STF28X34 501STF30X30 501STF30X32 501STF30X34 501STF32X30 501STF32X32 501STF32X34 501STF34X30 501STF34X32 501STF34X34 The 17th column in that sheet contains the total number of the specific size of each row. I created a second worksheet that contains a "matrix" size sheet with the waist sizes in columns and length in rows X 28 30 32 34 30 32 34 using =TRIM(CONCATENATE($A$7,OFFSET(501STF,0,COLUMN()-3),"X",OFFSET (501STF,ROW()-7,0))) A7 cell contains the string "501...

Specifying a work distributed across a number of days
I need help on how to schedule the following in MS Project 2003, prof edition. Thanks in advance for your help I have 3 tasks to schedule. Task 1 - Total work 2 days - Work will be done 0.5 days each day (AM sessions) and will end after 4th day by lunch Task 2 - Total work 1.5 days - Work will be done 0.5 days each day (PM sessions) and will end after 3rd day by lunch Task 3 - Total work 1 day - Work will be done 0.5 days each day will start after task 2 is complete (on the 4th day). Paddy -- Task 1 -- Set the Duration to 4 days. Assign the resource to work 50% Units ...

Joining Documents as one new document
I have eight, single page, Publisher documents - how do I join them together to form one, eight page document, please? Gareth Copy and paste -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Gareth J Dykes" <firstname.lastname@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:cq535v$j6k$1@hercules.btinternet.com... >I have eight, single page, Publisher documents - how do I join them >together to form one, eight page document, please? > > Gareth > > I'm using XP BTW. Sorry but I need more help than this - nothing I paste does the job! Gareth "JoAnn Pau...

Ambiguous outer join 10-03-07
I have two tables, tblAcademics and tblScores. Each has an ID column and a date column (Student_ID in both tables, and Assessment_Date and Score_Date for the date columns. I want to create a query which has all of the tblAcademics rows, whether or not there is an associated tblAttendance row, matching on both ID and date. When I create two joins, and select option 2 (all of table 1 and only table 2 when the two values match), I get the error "Ambiguous outer join. To force one of the joins to be performed first, create a separate query that performs the first join and then incl...

invitation to join Window_Vista google group
Join Window_Vista google group to know security updates on Vista and vista developer solution post your question about vista on this group to get the easy and fast solution.. web address: http://groups.google.co.in/group/window_vista email address: window_vista@googlegroups.com Thanks, Kalpesh ...

combining many different workbooks
My new boss has just doubled my work load. She has me using excel for many different tasks. spreadsheets on insurance, po's, all banking transactions, just about any expense we have there is a workbook for it. The reports that she has us print up is basically the same information, just different fields. Does anyone have an idea how I can combine all of these and cut back on this workload. On top of tracking everything in excel we also enter it into our accounting system, PLEASE HELP!!! I'm getting more gray by the day. Hi Look here http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- ...

how could i know how many color have been used in a bitmap?
for those 8bit or less color bitmaps, file content contains a palette table, how could i know how many colors have been used and which color has used? now i can get the HBITMAP handle. When you say " how can I get the HBITMAP handle" give some context. Is this bitmap in a file? Short of enumerating every pixel, there is no way to tell how many colors of the palette have been actually used. joe On 8 May 2007 05:48:48 -0700, thinktwice <memorialday@gmail.com> wrote: >for those 8bit or less color bitmaps, file content contains a palette >table, how could i know h...

How to concatenate?
I have two fields I want to combine into one. Column A and Column B. Column A is a Business Name, Column B is an Account Number. For example: Jones Supply and 2964. I want this to read Jones Supply 2964 for the purpose of a mailing list. Must have at least 1 space between name and number. I have tried the following: 1. Inserting a blank Column C to hold the formula. 2. Using various combinations in the C column such as =A1&" "&B1 =CONCATENATE(A1,B1) All that I end up with is the formula in Column C, not the combined fields. I have done this successfully once...

Can�t join a client to domain after windows update!!!!!!!
Hello, This is the situation: I have a Windows Server 2003 SP2 holding AD, DC roll... After install the following updates : KB976325, KB970430. KB974392, KB973904, KB971737, KB974318 ..... THE DISASTER. No client can�t use network resourses. When i tried join the domain for my computer, i had a huge delay, even when I join the domain (seems) still can�t use network resourses (printers, hard disks). With administrator privileges temporary I can use network resourse. I can�t join a client to domain if the profile does not already exist to the PC. If disable the firewall from d...

Why cannot copy autorun.inf across network drive
I've copied a CD software into my harddisk. Then I copy to another PC. But I find that it's not possible to copy the autorun.inf over. "Access is denied" I wonder why ? Thanks "dingdongdingding" <dingdongdingding@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:54c040ef-d6e7-4e82-9727-5260929a8e35@q39g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > I've copied a CD software into my harddisk. Then I copy to another > PC. But I find that it's not possible to copy the autorun.inf over. > "Access is denied" I wonder why ? One solution (among many): ...

CString concatenation advice pls
One of my functions must take html from browser and rebuild for printing ( the orig files are XML )-- char by char and replace unicode with enities. I have to do this because the legacy code is not complied with the unicode version of MFC. While my code works, I dont know if CString is very efficient at concatenation ( should I be using another way ). The file size ranges between a few KB to 120 KB with an average of 30 KB. Also printing is not a typical function so a small wait is not that much of an issue I did not find much about the topic ( unlike VB and C# for optimizing string buildi...

Excel; Join records question?
Hello, Can somebody please help me to get an output like the below. If COL A has two identical rows,but with a different value in COL B, I would like to have the value of COL B joined as shown in the below OUTPUT example. INPUT: A B 68319438890 DD 68319438890 TE 68319439020 TE 68319439060 FE 68319439080 TE 68319439100 TE 68319439190 OT 68319439190 SH DESIRED OUTPUT: A B 68319438890 DD, TE 68319439020 TE 68319439060 FE 68319439080 TE 68319439100 TE 68319439190 OT, SH Regards, Joining Codes in Column B to a Product in Column A (#joining) http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/co...

ODBC Failure In JOIN Query ??? (BUT....)
I have a query that is simply a combination of 3 other queries (joined by 1 common field in each). Each of the 3 "sub queries" will execute fine, Individually.... But....that final query which simply combines them all will display an ODBC failure error. I'd always assumed that if each individual query ran okay....the query which combines them should not get such a data-access related error (since the core data is already being successfully accessed). Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution? Thanks very much -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.a...

many Outlook Express eml files
Hi I just went from Outlook Express to Outlook 2000. I have a ton of Outlook Express eml files saved. How can I open these in Outlook so that when I send the email, it shows up on the Outlook sent mail list vs. the Outlook Express sent mail list? any ideas? thanks greg Outlook cannot use .eml files. Where did you save these files? In OE .dbx files? Did you export all of your subfolders to Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account ...

Sychronising outlook across a home network
Hi, I have Outlook 2000 and also the outlook 2000 that came with my pocket pc. Now while I have no problems synching my pda to my desktop, I can't access my data from my other machine. I have a switch installed and there aren't any problems with my network, I just can't figure out what settings to use in outlook to get it to talk to the other machine. If anyone could help I'd be grateful. Now that I've posted this its probably going to be something really simple and I'll kick myself for missing it ;) Rock monster wrote: > Hi, I have Outlook 2000 and also the outl...

Can I concatenate text in cells to make a working formula?
I want to be able to change the name of a file that is used to update data without using edit > links > change source, for an existing link. I would like to be able to just enter in the file name by hand in one cell and have another cell use that new filename to complete it's formula. If I simply link cell B1 in the file I am working in to cell A1 on a tab called "Projection" in a file called "Nov05" on a network drive "S:", the formula in the cell might look like: ='S:\Projections\Fall 2005\[Nov05.xls]Projection'!$A$1 What I would li...

Excluded Results from a join
Two table exist, there are some records in both tables that are the same, but both tables hold other characteristics relating to those records. e.g both tables hold a Transaction Code Field, I need to exclude the Overlapping records from Table A and return the remaining records from this table...... How do I do this? SELECT TableA.* FROM TableA LEFT JOIN TableB ON TableA.[Transaction Code] = TableB.[Transaction Code] WHERE TableB.[Transaction Code] IS NULL "AccessHar" <AccessHar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56D42783-A072-43CF-AB55-89F02CD40D60@microsof...

OUTER JOIN HELP
Hi, I'm new at this, so I'll try and explain what I'm trying to do here, maybel I"m going down the wrong road. In my instance a member equals a customer. Just so you know. I built a query which is pulling member history data for members with bad payment history. (A-Del-Members-List) I built another query which pulls data from a table (MEMBERDETL), but I want to exclude members that exist on the query above. Basically, excluding the members with any bad payment history. What I've got right now, is the following: SELECT DISTINCT CAV_MEMBERDETL.MBRNO, CAV_MEMBERDETL.M...

Many to many custom entities
Hello, I want to set up a custom entity "Seminars". Each Account may attend many of the Seminars. On the othen hand, at any Seminar' s screen, I want to be able to see all Accounts that participate in it. Can this be done using the standard CRM functionality? Thanks, Elena Elena - if you search this site you will find detailed instructions on how to set it up, but basically you create a crossreference entity in between the two entities that you want to create the m:m relationships with. So if you want to create a m:m relationship between accounts and seminars, you w...