concatenate several of records in a field to 1 record - 17692

Hi all,
what is the best way to concatenate between records in 1 column
i have for example animal as a header
and it has the records:bird,cow,dog
how can i concatenateall of them to one record that will consist all
the 3 together?

0
thread
5/22/2007 6:09:05 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Can't attach more than 1 doc
Office 2000 with all the current updates. Using Word as the email editor. I can't use the "Insert" function to highlight and insert more than one document at a time. The Cntrl & Shift keys do nothing when trying to select multiple files for attachment. ...

Change font/colours for text in field
tHi, Is it possible to format the text displayed in a field with another font or colour? /Lotten Yes, there are several ways, however, they aren't officially supported by Microsoft as customization points. All the CRM screens and their controls have corresponding cascading style sheets defined in the CRMWeb folder of your CRM installation. There is no central spot for these sheets, and they are distributed amongst the subfolders of this directory. This distribution is arranged by component function. You can add css attributes to color various components in these sheets. You can also...

Calculated items/fields in pivot table
Dear all, I am new to excel pivot table and I would like to ask you all a question regarding the calculated items/fields in pivot table. I am making a pivot table whose data source is shown below: Team Salesperson Amount Sold Price each Team Person Amount Sold Price each Paper A 50 35 Paper D 60 25 Pen D 500 4 Desk C 20 400 Desk A 10 700 Pen B 700 3.5 Clip B 500 2.5 Clip C 600 2 Desk B 15 600 I am thinking if it is a way to add a field in the pivot table which can show the total sale of each Team. For e...

FROM field when sending messages
How do I get a FROM field to come up when I am sending or forwarding messages? The only options that come up are TO, CC, and SUBJECT. Before XP was installed on my computer, a FROM field came up as well, so I could send messages on my bosses' behalf. While composing, View--From Field Ray at work "Tammy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:021f01c39cb1$2fa2d1d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How do I get a FROM field to come up when I am sending or > forwarding messages? The only options that come up are > TO, CC, and SUBJECT. Before XP was...

importing excel with alphanumeric figures into the same field
I have an excel file that I am trying to import into Access. One field with alphanumeric characters will not import. It just causes errors. It is listed as a double type import, but it will not do it. Please help. Hi Randy, The Access routine that imports Excel data doesn't allow direct control over the types of the fields it creates, and often runs into trouble with Excel columns that contain a mix of numeric and text values. You can work round this in any of the following ways: 1) create the table yourself with the field types you need, then import the spreadsheet data. The f...

New record in second form
I have two forms; Form 1 and Form 2. What I want to know is that is it possible to add a new record in Form 2 through Form 1, i.e. have a command button in Form 1 which when clicked will add a new record to Form 2? Thanks On Jun 29, 5:42 pm, AKphidelt <AKphid...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What do you mean by this? You want to add a new record to Form 2's recordset > or listbox or what? yes i want to add a new record to form 2's recordset On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:05:17 -0700, Asif <asifhashmani@hotmail.com> wrote: >On Jun 29, 5:42 pm, AKphidelt <AKp...

Items report shows negative -1 in Available quantity field
When I run the Items (all) report by clicking the "Items" button and sort the Available Qty. field on the report, I am finding -1 items in the Available Qty. field even though we are out of these items. When I drill into the properties of the item, and go to the Inventory tab, and look at the committed field, I find that RMS has a 1 in the field and a -1 in the Available field, yet On_hand has a zero. I would like to be able to zero out the Committed and the Available fields to zero, but would also like to know how this occured to begin with? We think that we may have had a...

Require Field Entry based On Other Entry
I'm trying to Require Entry in a Field on a form if another field has a certain entry. I've tried the following code in Before Update: If Me![Customer]="Mutual" and IsNull(Me![Returns]) Then MsgBox "You must enter a value in Returns." Cancel = True [Returns].SetFocus But it's giving me the error message: "Block IF without End IF" Thanks! That's one of the more accurate error messages If Me![Customer]="Mutual" and IsNull(Me![Returns]) Then MsgBox "You must enter a value in Returns." Cancel = True ...

Recording budget item expenses
I set up a monthly budget. Now I want to enter expenses in various items such as groceries or gifts, etc to show my actual expenses for each category, allowing me to keep track of when I am getting close to my budgeted amount for that item. But I can't figure out how to do this. I'm sure the process is simple, but I am presently stumped. You enter transactions in a Money Account register just like in a check register. When you do this, you can categorize the expenses. These categories track back to the budget categories. Have you entered any transactions? Created any accounts? ...

MX records not responsive in DNS
When I enter a new MX record, DNS is not recognizing it. I can go to another domain, emulate its setup precisely, and it will not be visible externally. In a domain that I do have running, if I delete the working MX record and re-enter it, it will not work if queried externally, but it was working fine before I deleted it. I also noticed when I sort using the data column, the old entries sort with the MX records all in order. If I enter a new one, the new one that is NOT working shows up below the SOA in the list, while the working one will be above the SOA in the sort ord...

Using previous record to perform calculation
Here's my query: CONum PONum POTotal COTotal RevTotal 1 18 $855 $12,500 -$11,645 2 18 -$11,645 $30,000 -$41,645 and so on... I want to know how I can copy the previous record value of RevTotal to POTotal to subtract COTotal and keep this going. This is really simple but I'm having hell of a time getting this right. Any help would be appreciated. could you generate a report based on this query with a group header for PONum create an unbound field for RevTotal in the ...

How to restart tab index on subform after moving to next record?
I have added three subforms to a main form and set tab indexes for several fields on each subform. The first time tab through the forms, the cursor tabs correctly through the mainform and subform fields. When I create anew recordonthe mainform, the subforms show blank entriews as they should, but when I tab to them, the cursor goes to the last indexed field on each subform rather than the first as it shoiuld have (and did) on the previous tab run. Why is this and how can I fix it? Hello "cybersafe". "cybersafe" wrote: > I have added three subforms to a main f...

delivery errors to 1 domain
Here goes: When a message from an Exchange 2000 server in Domain A is sent to another Exchange server in Domain B, the message gets stuck in the retry state until NDR 4.4.7 is generated. However, if a 2nd message is sent to Domain B, the 1st message gets correctly deliveres while the 2nd one stays in the queue. The error in the queue properties is 'connection dropped by remote host'. I've seen this before when the issue was packet loss on the reply from the receiving server due to an incorrect MTU setting on the incoming firewall. That is not the case this time. Also...

RMS PO # mapped to field in SBA
In the RMS Connector from EVT, the RMS PO # should be mapped to either the Reference field or Memo field on the bill in Small Business Accounting. It is VERY difficult to track a PO between RMS and SBA without that. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. htt...

Unable to insert record in table
Hi, Using SQL Server 2005. I have a table with one required field (key field, var type int) and various other optional fields. Yesterday, my Access VBA code failed to action the following SQL statement: INSERT INTO ORDERS (OrderID) VALUES (9121165) I got a time out error and a report that the record could not be inserted (error code -2147217887). So I opened SQL Server Managment studio and opened the table. When I tried to insert a new record using the same OrderId, I first got a timeout error and could not add the record. AFter OK'ing the error, I was able to cli...

What's wrong=IF(AND(H6>B6, I6>C6),1, IF(AND(H6=B6, I6=C6),"EQUAL",
I am on a scale of 1-10, 4 in excel, I am trying to try nested if's, and I get every value to the last value of else which is "-1". I am missing something, could you tell me please? Thanks in advance I already got this answer, it was just a mis-match in the comparisons, hence defaulting to "-1". Please do not respond. "Mahendra" wrote: > I am on a scale of 1-10, 4 in excel, I am trying to try nested if's, and I > get every value to the last value of else which is "-1". I am missing > something, could you tell me please? Tha...

too many fields on import, or too few brain cells?
I am a self-taught novice so please bear with me: I am a teacher and have created a scantron form using Adobe Live Cycle. The form uses radio-button groups for students to enter their answers into. I export the data as an .xml file and then try to import the data into access which will create a new record with the student's name, date, and test ID, whereupon I will have some calculated fields which will generate the student's test score. My problem: There are just over 300 fields on the adobe form. The access limit is 255, which makes it impossible to import all of the data. My ...

Need Records from 2 Tables
I have an Employee table in Access that is updated weekly from a Payroll system. If someone is terminated, they will no longer be in this table. It was suggested I create a "History" table to keep from losing these terminated records. BUT, this would mean when I query to find an associate, I would need to look at all the records from the Employee Table, and just the unmatched records in the "History" table. With what I know of joins, there isn't a way to do this. So what do I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! PB, If you move the terminated empl...

Add Custom Field to an Account
I am trying to add a custom field to an 'Account' and don't see it appearing after restarting IIS. Here's what I did: Clicked on Goto > Settings > Customization > Customize Entities > Account > Attributes > New (FYI this is a date field called Renewal Date). After saving and publishing, I then restarted IIS on the CRM box, but don;t see the new field in any part of the Account sections. Thoughts? Thanks You will have to go back to the view of the account and add that field to the form. You can test the view. If it looks ok, then you publish the chang...

Show fraction as fraction even if answer is 1
I have excel sheet and I am trying to get data from from two diff columns. example C23 has certain value and F23 has certain value. Now after playing around, I found the fraction C23/F23 to show as fractions, but when the answer for C23/F23 comes to 1, then it shows 1. how can I have that show 10/10? Please help asap Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Custom Sorting With IComparable and IComparer http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/d5a8c475-2395-41e7-9c19-aa2edb23422e/custom-sorting-with-icomp.aspx Excel cannot be made to display an improper frac...

Concatenate cells without specifying/writing cell address individually
Hi, Let's say I have text "we45t" in A1, "yuui6" in A2, "sfdgfd5" in A3 and so on till A45. (basically the text in each of the columns are different/random) Now I have to concatenate all the cells from A1 to A45 (with a single space between any 2 joinees) in to a single cell B1. I can get the job done by using a) = Concatenate (A1," ",A2," ",A3," ",A4," ",A5," ",A6," ",.......) and so till A45 b) =A1&" "&A2&" "&A3&" "&A47" "&A5&...

Linked Table
Hi, I have a Access 2003 mdb that I have used for years that has worked OK. Recently one of my queries malfunctioned to an external Progress db's linked table. Specifically, the query's table list is missing many of the fields in the table though when I inspect the linked table in the Tables Objects Section I see all the fields. How can I fix my query? TIA, Dan Why post the same question in different newsgroups? (already answered in the other newsgroups you posted in). If your situation is one of the (few) unusual circumstances in which it is necessary/appropriat...

Change Date By Macro or Code Leaving Only One Record
Hi, I have a table called RUNDATE which has only one record in the date which my whole program looks at as the running date. I would like to run a Macro on a form or a Code upon which once I press it that single date in that table to change to the next day, lets say from 3/5/07 to 4/5/07 to delete the previous record of the 3/5/07 and to be left only with one record with the new date in this case lets say 4/5/07. Much Appreciated make a query of this single record table field - and then put that query into your form as a subform.....you can keep it not visible if you wish......

Concatenate column with leading zeros
I need to create a column with the entire UPC code of each item listed in the item column, but when I concatenate the columns to form the UPC the leading zeros in the UPC item colun are dropped. I sthere a way around this? Thanks in advance begin 666 MAY Boise items.xlsx M4$L#!!0`!@`(````(0#(H\TT=@$```0%```3`-T!6T-O;G1E;G1?5'EP97-= M+GAM;""BV0$HH `"```````````````````````````````````````````` M```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` M```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` M```````````````````````````````````````...

Avoiding duplicate data based on criteria for another field in a q
I look after the admin for our fishing club. I've created a database (access 2003) with around 1200 records. we have members and non members who fish with seperate tables for each. Ive been working on a method to show the takings from between two dates for the non members. I've achieved it with one date (eg todays, or yesterdays) but if I put dates in covering several days or weeks It serves up junk! The problem is to create a query which will show each date on which someone fished (between the criteria dates entered using a form into the "date of fishing" field in the...