Combo Row SOurce Value List Data - Where are they lovcated

Please help,

I have changed in the code some text info in the code, which value list is
compared by Replace on many form and now I have to change the same text data
stored in the value list of combo buttons, which are stored somewhere (hidden
etc.) There are many forms afected and I really do not whant to go to each
form, look for combo buttons and change value list by hand one by one.

I wonder if one can access and replace these data faster somehow. Is there
hidden or system table somewhre out there to go to?

Thanks for advise.

Milan.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

"Milan Wendl, aaaengineering.com"
<MilanWendlaaaengineeringcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please help,
>
> I have changed in the code some text info in the code, which value list is
> compared by Replace on many form and now I have to change the same text
> data
> stored in the value list of combo buttons, which are stored somewhere
> (hidden
> etc.) There are many forms afected and I really do not whant to go to each
> form, look for combo buttons and change value list by hand one by one.
>
> I wonder if one can access and replace these data faster somehow. Is there
> hidden or system table somewhre out there to go to?
>
> Thanks for advise.
>
> Milan.

Here's an example of how to do this programmatically ...

Public Sub ReplaceValueList(ByVal strOldList As String, ByVal strNewList As
String)

    Dim aob As AccessObject
    Dim frm As Form
    Dim ctls As Controls
    Dim ctl As Control
    Dim cbo As ComboBox

    For Each aob In CurrentProject.AllForms
        DoCmd.OpenForm aob.Name, acDesign, , , , acHidden
        Set frm = Forms(aob.Name)
        Debug.Print frm.Name
        Set ctls = frm.Controls
        For Each ctl In ctls
            If ctl.ControlType = acComboBox Then
                Set cbo = ctl
                If cbo.RowSourceType = "Value List" Then
                    If cbo.RowSource = strOldList Then
                        Debug.Print cbo.Name
                        cbo.RowSource = strNewList
                    End If
                End If
            End If
        Next ctl
        DoCmd.Close acForm, aob.Name, acSaveYes
    Next aob
    Debug.Print "Finished"

End Sub

Here's an example of how to use it from the Immediate window ...

replacevaluelist "one;two;three", "four;five;six"

This will find any combo box which has a row source type of "Value List" and
a row source of "one;two;three" and replace the row source with
"four;five;six".

--
Brendan Reynolds

0
Brendan
2/1/2010 9:26:21 AM
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 23:46:01 -0800, Milan Wendl, aaaengineering.com
<MilanWendlaaaengineeringcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Please help,
>
>I have changed in the code some text info in the code, which value list is
>compared by Replace on many form and now I have to change the same text data
>stored in the value list of combo buttons, which are stored somewhere (hidden
>etc.) There are many forms afected and I really do not whant to go to each
>form, look for combo buttons and change value list by hand one by one.
>
>I wonder if one can access and replace these data faster somehow. Is there
>hidden or system table somewhre out there to go to?
>
>Thanks for advise.
>
>Milan.

Brendan's solution should work for you... but just for the future, and for the
lurkers, this is one main reason NOT to use Value List combos. If the combo is
based on a query of a Table, then you can update the table once, in one place,
and all of the combos are instantly and quietly fixed.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Drop-down list #5

ignore list
I have importet some contact data into mscrm, When I want to add these contacts to a marketing list (add marketing list members / use advanced find/ add all selected members), the adding stops with an error. I have done a trace during the error (occurs everytime I want to add these contacts) which shows me the following error: [2009-08-24 11:15:36.778] Process:OUTLOOK |Thread:5884 |Category: Unmanaged.Platform |User: PlatformUser |Level: Error | Found crmId {319C876A-CC39-DC11-9F61-0030485C3892} in ignore list. Update notification will be ignored Function: CItemHelper<struct Outlook::_Co...

rounding up values
Has anyone done round up of values to the nearest dollar.For example I want to give a 10% of the price to my customers but if the result is other than .00 then I wanted to round up to the nearest dollar amount.My calculation using sql has been price * percent and then subtract the value from the price, then what do I need to do to roundit up??Thanks for your suggestion.Also I have a problem with my customers that I am extracting and the query does return all the values from 2004 and 2006 that are equal except for the price I have given them, how do I get only the latest ones in 2006 and not th...

Duplicate Rows
I have an extract from a student information system in Excel that looks like this. Student Class Grade Quarter John Chemistry 70 1 John Chemistry 80 2 John Math 95 1 John Math 100 2 Alice Chemistry 67 1 Alice Chemistry 47 2 Alice Math 88 1 Alice Math 85 2 What I would like is this: John 70 80 95 100 Alice 67 47 88 85 However, since there are hundreds of students, this would be an extreme pain to do by hand. Is there any built-in formula or function in Excel that can do this? What is it that you actually want to do? (The best approach depends on what your desired end r...

Add rows automatically? Accordion
Is there a way to automatically add/show rows that have data? I have a data entry sheet. Then I have a report. The report pulls data from the entry sheet. If there is no data for a specific line/row item, is there a way to automatically hide or not show the row(s) with no data? Thanks Thanks can I have more than one autofilter on a sheet? Sloth wrote: > Use the filter function > Select the data and click on... > Data->Filter->Autofilter > This should make an arrow appear at the top of the data (in the header row). > click the arror and select "Nonblanks"....

Data migration - Adventure Works

line chart with NA() values

Multivalue with Null value SSRS 2005
I have a query to populate a multivalue parameter: SELECT distinct cast(AGRPYear.value as varchar(4)) + AGRPMonth.value 'ReportDate' FROM TPROJECT AS TPROJECT One of the values that is returned from this query is NULL. However, when I run the report, the NULL value does not show in the dropdown. I've also tried adding "select NULL as 'ReportDate' union" to the above query and the null value still doesn't show. As a result some of the records in my database have a null value for this field, they will never show up on my report. Any id...

Coloring a row
I have a spreadsheet and I want to have cells colored from column A to K if cell h is not blank. So if h3 has a date in it I want A3:K3 to be say light blue. This is for Office 2003. I can do it with conditional formating in 2007, but my work place doesn't have 2007. I did use column L and put an if statement to give a true or false in the cell depending on if the cell in col. h was empty or not. Any ideas how to get this to work? Hi John This sort of thing will work in 2003 conditional formating. In Cell A3 go to Format - conditional formattting. Formula is Paste...

Refreshing list boxes
Hi, I have created a database so that mulpile users can add detailss to the table - tblDetails from the form frmDetails or amend details in form frmAmend. I have a list box on the main page frmMain which has a list box lstSearch which shows all the records in the database. When users add new record to the database other users cannot see the added records unless the move to another section in the datbase and the return to the main page thus refreshing the list box. Can anyone tell me if there is a way I can put a "Refresh" button on the main page that updated the list box if the use...

how to run onhand value report
I get the message enter parameter when entering the zoom feature On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 17:36:01 -0800, junebugg <junebugg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get the message enter parameter when entering the zoom feature You'll have to give us some more context than that, junebugg. What's the "onhand value report"? What's the "zoom feature"? You can see your database; we cannot! -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Freeze the side column/top row & scroll others
what is the function to set (lock in or freeze) the first column and / or top row of a spreadsheet, so the words and numbers remain in the same place as you scroll the other columns and rows. (so you can add more columns..yet keep the main information in the first column/row) Freeze Panes..... In older versions of Excel, it is under Window. In 2007 version of Excel, it is under View. You first select a cell, then activate the command. Excel uses the selected cell's upper left corner to define the freeze point. Play with it. You can also Unfreeze panes that were fro...

Increasing and decreasing values
Using column chart type I want to display increasing values and then decreasing values (not negative). For example 10,20,25 top value 55, then I want to show from 55 decrasing amount 10,35,10 (back to 0 starting point). Is it possible Put the numbers into the worksheet. A row or a column, whatever you like. If each number has a corresponding category label, put them in the row or column before the data. Select the data (one or two rows/columns), and run the Chart Wizard (the icon like a column chart, or Insert menu > Chart). Choose the Column chart type, and click through the rest o...

Textbox fomatting value based on another textbox
I have two text boxes on a form. One is a value that can be changed by the user. The second is the value 1 - textbox1. I need everthing to be in %. For example, in textbox1 the user could type 75 and it would automatically be recognized as 75% and textbox2's value would calculate to be 25%. Everytime I try textbox1's value is = to say 7500%. Any help is appreciated. Cheers, Job Maybe something like: Option Explicit Private Sub TextBox1_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean) Dim TB1Val As Double With Me.TextBox1 If IsNumeric(.Value) Then TB1Va...

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

Excel 2007 Line Chart
Hello, Is it possible to configure a line chart in Excel 2007 to ignore the intervals and graph straight to the next value. For example if I have the periods: Jan with the value 1000 Feb with the value 900 March with the value 500 April with the value 0 May with the value 0 June with the value 0 I want the March value to drop directly from 500 to 0 ignoring the interval to April, I do not want a curved line it must drop directly to zero then the line is straight across to April. I have no idea if this is possible, any ideas? Thanks, Brett On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:40:45 -0700 (PDT), TyreDu...