Combo Box, list order

I am using a Combo Box to select and display names from a table. The names in
the table are in alphabetic order and to begin with so was the Combo Box. I
have since added new names to the list, the Table list remains in alphabetic
order but the Combo Box is all over the place. Can anyone suggest a cure for
this. Many Thanks Fritz
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Open the form in design view.

Right-click the combo, and choose Properties.

On the Data tab, examine the Row Source property.
Make it a query that sorts the records the way you want.

"Fritz" <Fritz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using a Combo Box to select and display names from a table. The names
>in
> the table are in alphabetic order and to begin with so was the Combo Box.
> have since added new names to the list, the Table list remains in
> alphabetic
> order but the Combo Box is all over the place. Can anyone suggest a cure
> for
> this. Many Thanks Fritz

0
Allen
10/22/2007 1:38:39 PM
Thanks for you response Allen.

The row source is as follows: SELECT Suppliers.SupplierName FROM Suppliers;
and the source type is Table/Query.

Do either of these need to be altered?

Fritz

=?Utf-8?B?RnJpdHo=?= <Fritz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> Thanks for you response Allen.
>
> The row source is as follows: SELECT Suppliers.SupplierName FROM
> Suppliers; and the source type is Table/Query.
>
> Do either of these need to be altered?
>
> Fritz

SELECT Suppliers.SupplierName FROM Suppliers ORDER BY
suppliers.Suppliername;

--
Bob Quintal

PA is y I've altered my email address.

Bob

Mulitple Sales Order in 1 Invoice
Hello, I want to know if its possible to have multiple sales orders created for a customer. And the customer at the end of the week wants only one invoice for all the sales orders together for the week. So the different sales orders (5-10 in all) have to put together in one invoice. Is this possible in Great Plains ? Or does it need to be custom using crystal reports ? How ? Thanks in advance, Mihir GP does not have that functionality. However, two third parties produce products. One is from Binary Stream Software (www.binarystream.com) and the other is from Trinity (www.trinitycomp...

"Distribution List"
I have Outlook 2002 - I want to be able to create a Distribution List but not have everyone see the others on the list. For example, the TO: line would read EVERYONE and the email would got to those on the distribution list but no emails would appear. Bob On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 16:47:38 -0700, "Bob" <bd@irgeagle.com> wrote: >I have Outlook 2002 - I want to be able to create a >Distribution List but not have everyone see the others on >the list. For example, the TO: line would read EVERYONE >and the email would got to those on the distribution list >but ...

select into temp table slower on 8way box
Using SQL 2008: When stress testing the query shown below, I find it runs faster when CPU & I/O affinity is set to 1 CPU socket (vs all CPU's) on a 8 way box. (Testing is done with SQL load generator and with 50 parallel identical queries). Is there a way to rewrite the query to scale up with all CPU's (this is on a NUMA 8-socket 6 core DL785 box)? Waitstats show most time spent in and PAGELATCH_EX AND PAGELATCH_SH. Thanks Suresh SELECT top 10 * into #t FROM dbname.dbo.abc WHERE [1] > 53 and [102] = 0 drop table #t If ...

How can I restore deleted contact list when upgrading from Vista?
I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7, which uninstalled Outlook and my contact list. I reinstalled Office, but how can I restore my contact list? "movalb" <movalb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20625DE0-BADD-4E66-A232-9550F82BF4B7@microsoft.com... > I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7, which uninstalled Outlook and my > contact > list. I reinstalled Office, but how can I restore my contact list? There will be a folder on your C drive called windows.old. All your previous data is in there. Find the pst file then use the methods to rest...

Distribution List (RESEND)
Hi Our GAL has a number of Distribution Lists. Right now, all the DLs are visible and accessible by everyone in Exchange. Is it possible to set up Exchange so that a DL can be visible to a specific user (or group of users) ? Thanks Steve NO! There is no way to limit visibility to a DL to a user or group of users (by design). My recommendation for such requests are to have the group or user create a personal DL in Outlook. There are limitations to this like the number of users and updating across a group. "SP_1" wrote: > Hi > > Our G...

have a cell return one of severl lists based on data from another
I am creating a form and would like to automate it with drop-down lists. Worksheet 1 has the data entry areas(cells) and the Data is on Worksheet 3 in several lists/ each with a "Name" . I can have the first column on Worksheet 1 use validation to generate a list for the product description what I need is for the next column on this sheet to provide the appropriate drop down list that coincides with the entry in column 1 Is this Possible? See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html In article <35317D86-054D-4E21-9340-AB14B2B7A8AE@microsoft.com>, "d6j9s&...

Combos and text boxes
The combobox in table2 is reading from table1 which contains two fields, an autonumber ID field and a textbox field. Table2 also includes other fields which I want included in the query. When I perform a union query on a combobox field it is always returning the ID (autonumber first field) instead of the textbox field. This also happens when I perform a crosstab query. Is there some setting that I need to change somewhere, or perhaps change the property of one of the fields? Stewart On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 22:10:40 -0800, Stewart Jefferys <StewartJefferys@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Text Box on Report won't hold user data entry after loosing focus...
I have created a report in Access 2007. This report needs to display records between two dates entered by the user. I put two text boxes on the report so I can enter the start and end dates - I set them to use an input mask of 'short date' format. The problem is that when I enter anything in these text boxes, as soon as the field looses focus, the text is cleared out - thus the text box is left blank. I have a button on the report that calls the requery method of the report and also, as a test, displays the values of these text boxes in a msgbox, but it also shows they are blank. Wh...

Combo Box Result
Hi all, I have two unbound combo boxes (c1 and c2) that based on the value of c1, will determine what shows for c2. By selecting c1, it will correctly limit to what c2 shows, but when I select the option for c2, it is not choosing the correct value. The result set for c2 is based off a table, that has the following format: ISID ISD ITID 1 red 1 2 blue 1 3 green 1 4 red 2 5 blue 2 6 green 2 c1 will select the ITID, which then limits what I see in c2 to the correct set (I even brought in the ISID column to make sure the numbers ...

Create a list and validation problem
Hi, I have a long list (50,000+) of product codes in a column with repeated entries and would like to create a product list with one entry per item. Using a countif and then deleting all repeated items is unpractical so I would like to know if there is some other way of doing this. I could create a pivot table and take the list from it, but I assume there's a better way (as this procedure is hard to include in a macro). Also, I am using data validation from a list to input information. However, when I use the freeze panes comand the data "combo box" no longer appears. ...

order form with multiple items and sizes for items
I need a form that has columns for different types of clothing with each article having columns for sizes. Thanks If you describe the layout of your worksheet, and the problem you're having, someone may be able to help. There's a sample order form here that may help you get started: http://www.contextures.com/xlOrderForm01.html And information on the INDEX/MATCH functions: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions03.html Bernard56 wrote: > I need a form that has columns for different types of clothing with each > article having columns for sizes. > Thanks -- D...

Custom child entities
I have one parent custom entity with 4 child entities. When I open one record of the parent custom entitiy, the 4 child entities appear on left side bar of the parent custom entity (which is normal). However, my customer wants them to appear in a particular order. I could not figure out how MSCRM 3.0 determine order of display of the child entities. Anyone can advise? Thank you. ...

Tabulating a large list
So here is my problem. I am supposed to create a tabulated table comprising multiple different criteria for multiple people. Here is an abbreviated version of what I am working with: Bob 1 Cars January Bob 2 Trucks January Bob 1 Cars February Jack 2 Cars January Jack 2 Trucks February Jack 1 Cars February Bob 4 Trucks February Jack 5 Cars January Trying to get it into this format: Employee Month Cars Trucks Bob January Jack January Bob February Jack February Thanks That is easy to do with a pivot table... Select the data you want to summarize in a table ...

most recently used list
Hello: I would like to have a group of people to have access to everything in the worksheet and another group to to be able to edit just one column and view the rest. I tried to use Allow Users to Edit Ranges but it does not seem to take effect. Can you help? Thanks. -- danka My previous question's subject was to be Cell/column permission protection. I am not sure if I can modify posted message. "danka" wrote: > Hello: > > I would like to have a group of people to have access to everything in the > worksheet and another group to to be able to edit jus...

Attachments for Marketing List emails
Hello, I have a CRM marketing list of many contacts and their emails. I can do a marketing email blast to all these contacts, but I cannot get the emails for each contact to include the attachment. How can I do this? Please advise. Thanks Hi Daryl, This is a common request but there are good reasons to avoid doing this if you possibly can for a couple of reasons, firstly the likelihood of alienating your prospects by attaching the payload (better to provide a link to the content online) and secondly your database can become very large very quickly as all these attachments are stored with ea...

Recently used file list in Excel 2002
That check box is grayed out in options. Can anyone tell me how to activate it? Thanks If you have Tweak UI installed, the following MSKB article may help: "Most recently used" list missing from File menu and "Recently used file list" option unavailable in Office XP and 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=284896 smskater wrote: > That check box is grayed out in options. Can anyone tell me how to > activate it? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 12:52:19 -0400, Debra D...

Auto Number in List Control
What code can I use to automatically display a number, or preferably, text that will display the same "receipt number" as the previous record or the next successive number. For example, I enter a receipt number in a record...when I start the next record, on a form, I want to be able to click in a list box the same receipt number as before or the next receipt number, which would be just the next number in line. -- Gator ...

Cells with Validation lists attached
How can I indictate that a cell has a valaidation list attached to it without having to select the cell...so that if someone views the xls they can tell which cells have a validation list associated without having to actually select the individual cells? edit/goto special, validation, then give it a color...? Bob Umlas excel MVP "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49AFC808-DE74-4E39-9978-893352BE288E@microsoft.com... > How can I indictate that a cell has a valaidation list attached to it without > having to select the cell...so that if som...

Can excel populate a list from another worksheet
I have a worksheet with basic information (name, address, etc with just a few formulas [like calculating age] ) that I fill out interviewing a person. What I need is the ability to have that info populate another worksheet if they end up in our program, (some will, some won't). Is that possible with excel? While that would be better accomplished with a database you can do it in XL. Primarily you will be wanting to use Vlookup type formulas (or index/match) to relate the chosen individuals on one sheet back to the interveiewd peopl on the other. Hard to comment further ...

AD User Account does not appear in Global Address List
Just in the last few days, new user accounts/mailboxes setup in AD are not showing up in the Global Address List. The RUS usually automatically stamps the user account Email Addresses tab with a SMTP, MS, and X.400 address, but the list is blank. The Recipient Policies haven't changed. I can manually enter the addresses into the Email Addresses tab, but the mailbox still doesn't appear in the GAL. Is there something wrong with RUS? Any ideas to troubleshoot? I have created multiple users in different OU's. I've also assigned them to different storage groups on ...

how to get subitem tooltips for owner-draw fixed list control in report view.
Hi , I am working on customizing controls for changing look and feel. I need to support subitem tooltips for owner draw fixed list control in report view. When I set LVS_OWNERDRAWFIXED style in report mode, even though I was on subitem level, tooltip was shown on main item with main item text. If I didn't set LVS_OWNERDRAWFIXED style tooltips are showing fine. I can't avoid this style as it is causing other painting problems. What are the events to be handled? Please suggest solution. one more clarification required: MSDN help says LVN_GETINFOTIP notification is only sent by list-...

Listing Rented Property
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C36EF0.FC5681C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi I have several properties which I rent out as I am trying to build up a property portfolio. How is the best way to record this in money I have created an assets account but only have my house in there, do I put the others in this account? Also how do record the rent from these properties and have them as part = of my tax return?? --=20 Cheers Dale Holden UK ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C36EF0.FC56...

Drop Down Boxes in Excel
How do you set up a drop down box in Excel??? See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:067a01c541b3$bfb72750$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do you set up a drop down box in Excel??? You can use Data Validation to create a dropdown list in a cell. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > How do you set up a drop down box in Excel??? -- ...

Password box to remain open after wrong input
MSOffice XP2002 (SP3) WinXP Pro ----------------- Occassionally I mistype my passwords when accessing Microsoft Word or Excel. The password dialogue box disappears and I have to call up the file again. Is there an option in MSOffice that can leave the "enter password" dialogue box open after wrong password inputs? I have searched the help index in Office and tried Google but could not locate what I was looking for. -- Twanny There's nothing built into excel for this. Twanny wrote: > > MSOffice XP2002 (SP3) > WinXP Pro > ----------------- > Occassionally I mi...

Data labels switch to text boxes on negative values
Hello- I am not sure if this has been asked previously but I am having an issue with a number of charts that I populate using a macro. The charts are all horizontal bar charts and in the macro I auto format the data labels. When I save the file in the macro the labels of the negative values switch from being a data label to a floating text box. Has anyone experienced this? Is there something that can be done to fix this? Thanks, What version of Excel is this? Could you post the relevant code? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technica...