Combo box choice outcome

I have a combo box with the following choices:

Checks_Walkthrough
Checks_Monitor
Research_Case
Inventory_Maint
Task_Cable
Task_Misc
New Issue

What I want is if anything BUT "New issue" is selected, two fields in the same form as the combo box are populated by other data in the table the above list is pulled from. I can get this to happen by itself.

Me.Text27.Value = Me.imac.Column(2)
Me.model.Value = Me.imac.Column(3)

If "New Issue" is selected, I want another form 'New_case' to open and enter the required data there. I can get this to work alone also with a DoCmd open form line of code.

I just cannot figure out how to code it all under the after update event. Is this beyond the ability of Access 2007?

More likely it's beyond my minimal but still expanding Access knowledge.

Thanks for any help.
Joe

Adding WCF Service References
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a1647f10-9aa4-4b0c-bbd9-dfa51a9fab8e/adding-wcf-service-refere.aspx
0
Joe
2/17/2010 11:14:26 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Hello Joe!

Refine the following code to make it work for you:
If Me.imac.Column(2) = "New Issue" Then
    DoCmd.OpenForm .........
Else
    Me.Text27.Value = Me.imac.Column(2)
    Me.model.Value = Me.imac.Column(3)
End If

Put the code in the AfterUpdate event of the combobox.

Steve
santus@penn.com

<Joe Sorrentino> wrote in message news:2010217181418joeytino@hotmail.com...
>I have a combo box with the following choices:
>
> Checks_Walkthrough
> Checks_Monitor
> Research_Case
> Inventory_Maint
> Task_Cable
> Task_Misc
> New Issue
>
> What I want is if anything BUT "New issue" is selected, two fields in the
> same form as the combo box are populated by other data in the table the
> above list is pulled from. I can get this to happen by itself.
>
> Me.Text27.Value = Me.imac.Column(2)
> Me.model.Value = Me.imac.Column(3)
>
> If "New Issue" is selected, I want another form 'New_case' to open and
> enter the required data there. I can get this to work alone also with a
> DoCmd open form line of code.
>
> I just cannot figure out how to code it all under the after update event.
> Is this beyond the ability of Access 2007?
>
> More likely it's beyond my minimal but still expanding Access knowledge.
>
> Thanks for any help.
> Joe

> Adding WCF Service References
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a1647f10-9aa4-4b0c-bbd9-dfa51a9fab8e/adding-wcf-service-refere.aspx

0
Steve

Issue Refreshing/Requery Subform/combo box
Hi: I need to be able to refresh or requery (not sure which method is appropriate) a subform and combo box in the After Update event or via a command button. I've used the below syntax but the combo box (in this case) does not get updated. Forms![MainForm]![sfrm_ResourceAllocation].Form![EmployeeID].Requery Thanks, Manuel Manuel wrote: >I need to be able to refresh or requery (not sure which method is >appropriate) a subform and combo box in the After Update event or via a >command button. I've used the below syntax but the combo box (in this case)...

How to fill a combo box with choice from another combo box
I am trying to fill combo box with a choice made in another combo box. I am trying to select a choice from a combo box "Customer_11" and then have the following choices available in another combo box "State_11". Below is the code I was trying to use, but not having any luck with getting it to work. '===================================================== 'CES Customer Information With Me.Customer_11 .AddItem "Customer 1" .AddItem "Customer 2" .AddItem "Customer 3" ...

My text seems stuck in the text box! I can't make changes!HELP!
I am trying to alter text just typed into a text box using Publisher 2003. For some reason, the system will not allow me to go back to edit. Any ideas? Thanks Is your application activated? Is it just this one text box in this publication? Are you working with a template? Select the text box, copy, paste, can you edit the pasted text box? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Learner" <Learner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68E3A7B3-BB72-4D73-9250-BF4F3FAE2C08@microsoft.com... >I a...

Populate List Box
Need some ideas. I have a list box from which our clients will be able to select which form they want to preview or print. However, each client should only have selections available that apply specifically to their company. For example: Company A will require forms 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7 Company B will require forms 1, 6 and 7 Company C will require forms 4, 5 and 6 I have some code right now to handle a simple two form variation: If Forms("Main").Controls("Form1Req") = "Yes" and Forms("Main").Controls ("Form2Req") = "No" Then Me.L...

Copying fields from combo box to a table
Hi, I am creating a database for our Machine Maintence Report (access 2003). I created a combo box from table1 and I want to have the selected fields (i.e. Machine, Technician, Engineer etc...) in table1 to be copied in table2. This table2 has the same fields Machine, Technician, Engineer plus the other field that will be updated when the maintenance is done such as remarks, issue and data readings. Looking forward for your help. If you really have a need to store this information in multiple tables, you can use code in the After Update event of the combo box to push the valu...

synchronized combo boxes moving between records problem
Sorry if this has been answered, I couldn't find the exact problem elsewhere! I'm only a beginner at this but when i select the right ID from the first combo box, i got it to come up with the correct related IDs in the second combo box , like it's meant to! but when I move to the next record (a new one, or the last one, or anything), the second combo box doesn't retain the record. As in, as you scroll through each record, none of the second combo box 'records' are kept, they are all blank until you click on them, then they come up with your choices, UNLESS you ...

Outlook removes in box items upon reply
When I reply to an item (all items) they are removed from my inbox and disapper -- not in deleted items -- I cannot find them. What is up with that and how do I fix it ? "Jeff J" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d84701c3ef3a$b3646a70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I reply to an item (all items) they are removed from > my inbox and disapper -- not in deleted items -- I cannot > find them. What is up with that and how do I fix it ? View-Current View-All messages. When I look at that, it does nothing. If I cahnge the View to "View Me...

what is a combo box?
I am using the education template and I am trying to find out what a combo box is. I need a field on a table that can be added to. I have a student that takes course A and then a month later takes course B. How can I create a field on the students detail sheet that can add to it over and over again. -- Enjoy every day! A combo box allows the user to select from a list of choices. It may or may not limit selections to items already on the list. The list may be derived from a table/query, or you can use a Value List for a few choices that are unlikely to change (e.g."...

double lines and rounded corners on a solid box
How can I create a solid box with double lines and rounded corners in Publisher 2000? Thanks Anna You will have to use an AutoShape -- ...

Tick Box Size
Hi Is there anyway to change the size of a tick box displayed on a form ????? I have tried everything !! Thanks Tony Nothing built into Access, but see my March, 2004 "Access Answers" column in Pinnacle Publication's "Smart Access". You can download the column (and sample database) for free at http://www.accessmvp.com/DJSteele/SmartAccess.html -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "blake7" <blake7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17844B03-8C7E-41DF-8646-8A7EF404611D@microsoft.com... >...

Mailbox Manager
I tried posting this to a different group and got nothing back... I've got a single server, single storage group Exchange 2003. I have 4 Recipient Policies: Pri 1: main domain Pri 2: other domains Pri 3: Mailbox Cleanup Lowest: Default Policy The priority 3 policy (Mailbox Cleanup) is the only one that has Mailbox Manager Settings. I have constructed a query as follows: Find: "Exchange Recipients" General Tab: Show these recipients: "Users with Exchange mailbox" Storage Tab: "Mailboxes on any server" Advanced Tab: Condition List: "Member Of Is no ...

Comment Box
I moved a comment box because when I froze the current sheet and when I scrolled down, half of the comment would get cut off. The only way I was able to show the comment box in its new position was by unhiding it. If I had it hid the move would not take effect. Is it possible to move the comment box, hide the box, and when the cursor goes to the cell with the comment, have the comment box appear in its new position. .. Several answers were given in programming I believe. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Troy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:096601c39ae3$f0dff...

Math operational sign for the box division sign
What can I use to create a division problem with the box division sign? Might draw one with an autoshape line tool. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_division#Notation -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Mr. D" <Mr. D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBBF7885-39BC-4C77-AD7E-2CCC269BC3BC@microsoft.com... > What can I use to create a division problem with the box division sign? Mr. D wrote: > What can I use to create a division problem with the box division sign? Whilst holding the Alt key, tap 0247 on the numeric keypad. Then release Alt. ...

Exchange Failing when Removing GC from same box
The background: I am trying to install Exchange 2007 but cannot because I have two Windows 2000 DCs with GCs. The two Windows 2000 DCs happen to be on the same boxes as my Exchange 2000 cluster. I have two other Windows 2003 boxes in the same site with all FSMO roles and both are GC. The problem: I'm in a catch 22 because I cannot install Exchange 2007 and when I remove either the GC role from the Windows 2000 boxes or demote them, Exchange fails. The Question: Has anyone come across a situation like this and know of a solution? Thanks In order to install Ex07, you will ne...

selecting the 2nd column of a combo box in a report?
I have a combo box that uses data from a table with the fields (setupid, physician setup, md_PIN). the bound column = 1. The physicians sign on using their name (signing_md) and PIN (signing_md_pin). thanks to advice from this website I have...If signing_md_pin.value = dlookup("md_pin". "[setup table]","[setupid] =" [signing_md] then ... in the event procedure. When I try to get the physician name on the report (signing_md) it returns the physician number (setupid) instead of the name. How do I get the 2nd column of the combo box to the report?Thank you....

how can I enlarge OE 6 send email box?
when I had OE 5 & wanted to send email, my send box was large. when I got OE 6, my box got real small. How can I get it to normal size? Resize it by dragging a corner with your mouse. "pajel5" wrote: > when I had OE 5 & wanted to send email, my send box was large. when I got OE > 6, my box got real small. How can I get it to normal size? It used to open to normal size. Why did it change? There has to be a way to get it back like it was. "Mary" wrote: > Resize it by dragging a corner with your mouse. > > "pajel5" wrote: > >...

Force TRUE in a check box as result from an option button??
I have a set of option buttons and a set of check boxes. One of the check boxes is for a certain value that is similar to one of the option buttons. Essentially, what I want is for that check box to automatically go to a "TRUE" (checked) state when the certain option button is selected. When the other option buttons are selected, the check box will remain in it's normal state which will allow the user to select it or not depending on other variables. But, if the option button is on that certain selection, I would like to make it so that check box MUST remain on TRUE, and ...

Rules & Outlook 2003 combo with Norton AS
Hi guys, I'm getting some very curious results using Norton AntiSpam in combination with the rules in Outlook 2003. NAS marks spam emails with a [norton antispam] tagged onto the subject line of spam mails, which then (according to norton) it moves into an AntiSpam folder. It does this fine... most of the time. It *always* tags them fine, but fails to move them maybe 10% of the time. I keep finding stray mails in various folders. Now, this might be a NAS issue, except that I'm having other problems too. Rules which I have set to move mails into folders dont always work. And even whe...

Blocking external emails to Group email boxes
How do I stop external senders from reaching the email boxes that might include all domain users? Someone might find the name of one of those groups email address and send to all users. Not good!! what version of Exchange? in Exchange 2003 you can restrict delivery to "authenticated users"; on 5.5, you can restrict delivery on the Delivery Restrictions tab, maybe to whatever list contains all your own users... "RickS" <RickS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C593ED15-0461-4F4B-81F5-D8C8157B6AC0@microsoft.com... > How do I stop external senders f...

Text Box Justify
How do I justify text across a text box? Typing indirectly seems the only way to create justified text. Any editing or pasting renders full width justiying inoperable. Any ideas out there? Thanks!! -- StevieB. StevieB. <redhousecottage@britt.uk.net.> was very recently heard to utter: > How do I justify text across a text box? > Typing indirectly seems the only way to create justified text. > Any editing or pasting renders full width justiying inoperable. Pasting will use the format of the source text unless you tell it otherwise. You'll need to paste as plain text or rea...

Text Box in Publisher
I am trying to create a text box in publisher with the measurement of 5.75 (h) x 5 (w). But publisher is making the height 5.751. How do I correct this? Is this even possible. Don't think it is possible... The .001 is so tiny it shouldn't make much difference. I can get a true 5.75 in Publisher 2000 but as soon as I copy/paste it goes back to 5.751 in 2002, 2003 and 07. Lines do the same. I can create a rectangle in a draw program, paste special into Publisher, ungroup, this rectangle will maintain the correct size. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Nikki" &l...

Why is Page Setup Comment Box blanked in Excel 2003?
I am using Excel as a database for records. I want to print out a worksheet complete with comments. WhenI use Page Setup>Sheet I find that the Comments Box is blanked out/unuseable. Can anyone explain/help. The comments option will be disabled if you access the Page Setup dialog box from the Preview window. Instead, in Normal view, choose File > Page Setup. Heyvet wrote: > I am using Excel as a database for records. I want to print out a worksheet > complete with comments. WhenI use Page Setup>Sheet I find that the Comments > Box is blanked out/unuseable. > Can any...

Populate multiple records via check boxes
I've read through some of the posts here and found similar situations with solutions but I just can't quite understand how to do this. I am trying to use form controls i.e. checkboxes and/or multiselect list boxes to populate multiple records from a related table. I have 3 tables: teachers, subjects, & subjects_to_teachers. In the table "teachers_to_subjects" each record contains one teacher & one subject. The purpose of this table is to relate teachers to subjects in a many-to-many fashion. I have a primary form which shows teacher info. What I want is a form...

Limiting combo box selection
I have Table 1 that list active projects, table 2 that list biweekly reporting information for each record in Table 1 and Table 3 that list the submission dates for each project (which I am using as a combo box selection in my form (table 2) that fills in the DateID field). So in the beginning of the year the combo box may have 12 dates, as the project manager submits the biweekly reporting I want to eliminate that date as a selection in the combo box. Right now the row source for the dateID field is SELECT DISTINCT [DateID], [DateReport] FROM tblDateSubmitted ORDER BY [DateReport] DE...

Check off boxes
Publisher 2003 in use. I am creating a questionnaire that will be included in a newsletter. I am using the publisher software to make this form. Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Any help along this line will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and enjoy your day. Mike Mike Reshetar wrote: > Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, > however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Use Wingdings and the � or q characters. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher h...