child table showing #deleted

strange events are a happening in my database.  been running for over 5 years
and first time this has happened.

I dont know the cause as a users has done something

in a child table the entire records fields show as #deleted.  i opened the
table and deleted the record.  however when i sort the table the next record
is chnaged to show all fields as #deleted.

any ideas on why this is happening and how to fix it and how to prevent it
in the future.

thanks

richard
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Richard, this sounds like a corrupt record. It's not common, but it does
happen.

If you can't delete this row, the solution is to create another table and
populate it with all the valid records. You can usually do this quite
simply, as long as you don't refer to the bad row in your criteria. Steps
in:
    Recovering from corruption - Symptom: Some table rows show #Deleted
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-47.html#RowsShowDeleted

"richard harris" <richardharris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> strange events are a happening in my database.  been running for over 5
> years
> and first time this has happened.
>
> I dont know the cause as a users has done something
>
> in a child table the entire records fields show as #deleted.  i opened the
> table and deleted the record.  however when i sort the table the next
> record
> is chnaged to show all fields as #deleted.
>
> any ideas on why this is happening and how to fix it and how to prevent it
> in the future.
>
> thanks
>
> richard

0
Allen
12/10/2007 12:24:02 PM
thanks allen,

ill try this.

regards

richard

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> Richard, this sounds like a corrupt record. It's not common, but it does
> happen.
>
> If you can't delete this row, the solution is to create another table and
> populate it with all the valid records. You can usually do this quite
> simply, as long as you don't refer to the bad row in your criteria. Steps
> in:
>     Recovering from corruption - Symptom: Some table rows show #Deleted
> at:
>     http://allenbrowne.com/ser-47.html#RowsShowDeleted

> "richard harris" <richardharris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > strange events are a happening in my database.  been running for over 5
> > years
> > and first time this has happened.
> >
> > I dont know the cause as a users has done something
> >
> > in a child table the entire records fields show as #deleted.  i opened the
> > table and deleted the record.  however when i sort the table the next
> > record
> > is chnaged to show all fields as #deleted.
> >
> > any ideas on why this is happening and how to fix it and how to prevent it
> > in the future.
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > richard

Excel 2003: Lookup Table vs. Validation Table
Does anyone know if it is possible to have an Access-type Lookup Table in Excel that fills in the field as you type - rather than just validates that you've entered the correct data? Hi AFAIK this is not possible with Excel (macros can't run while you're in Edit mode) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany C. H. wrote: > Does anyone know if it is possible to have an Access-type Lookup > Table in Excel that fills in the field as you type - rather than just > validates that you've entered the correct data? ...

Linked MS SQL Server Tables
Using Linked MS SQL Server Tables in an mdb Access Database, if a query (not passthrough) includes joins, where, groupby (summations), and order by statements, what part of the query is executed on the SQL Server and what part is executed locally in Access? Jet is the master of the transaction, in that case. MS SQL Server is limited to supply/maintain its data, as any other heterogeneous source. Remember that your query can refer to a table stored natively in Jet, another table in MS SQL Server and a third table, in the said query, can come from Excel ! You can run the following query...

Show model dialog and thread under MFC exe program
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4877B.A551B8A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How to show model dialog in a worker/background thread under MFC exe = program? Thank you ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4877B.A551B8A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =...

remove license for deleted users?
Hi, I want to remove the license associated to a user, but this user has been deleted from the active directory. So the remove license doesn't works. I have recreated the same user name in the AD and ttry the same steps without success. what can I do? thanks. Jerome. "J�j�" <willgart@BBBhotmailAAA.com> wrote in message news:%23nGg9hcgFHA.3788@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I want to remove the license associated to a user, but this user has been > deleted from the active directory. > So the remove license doesn't works. > > I have re...

Deleting Payees
Is there a way to turn off the confirmation message that appears when a Payee is deleted? Thanks! Mark Nope. "Mark Bruso" <markbruso_nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message news:2tKdnTwr7essOfzfRVn-qg@comcast.com... > Is there a way to turn off the confirmation message that appears when a > Payee is deleted? ...

Security concern about deleted items
One of our clients has asked us this: Is there any way of recovering a deleted item from Exchange, not taking delete retension and backup into account? They want to assure that if a item (message) is deleted (for security reasons), it cannot be recovered by others. What are the best way to prevent that? Cheers, Lars Lars, You can delete a message permanently by highlighting the message or group of messages and hitting Shift + delete. This will delete it and not put it in the "Deleted Items" folder nor will it be recoverable based on the "Deleted Items Retention" howe...

tables
Can I lock a table in place with respect to the text before and after? When inserting more text the table does not move with the text. From what I understand you are saying, I would say no. -- ...

change report/query into a table
Is there a way i can change a report/ query into a saved table format .so i can use it for email replies?? No, but you can print it as a Snapshot file or a PDF. You can save the report's recordsource as a temporary table, as well, or just copy and past that query into an email. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access "Alan" <Alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13E09077-9090-4495-8ABC-9D437F1B5597@microsoft.com... > Is there a way i can change a report/ query into a saved...

We can not use linked table (to Excel) at the same time as two users!
I have a table which receives data from an Excel file which is located under server (Same location with access database file). When two users open this file, we can not use this table (linked to Excel file). I mean the one who open the access file first can use data on that table. But when second open and try to use that table, he fails. Is there any way to fix this problem. We are twu users only and we cant use it at the same time. Thanks In the Excel file that is the problem, try opening it and from the meny select Tools, Share Workbook. Check the box on the Edit tab that says Allow chan...

Deleting files
When using explore and I want to delete files from my 'c" drive I sometimes get the error code that I do not have access to the file. The system will not let me delete or even open the file. What can I do? Thanks Depends on what and where that file is. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jane M." <Jane M.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF2C1380-D5B5-4AA3-A93C-33F9CA77A59F@microsoft.com... > When using explore and I want to delete files from my 'c&q...

public calendar can't be deleted
Hi, I am use Outlook 2003 to check an Exchange account. I had initial problems setting up and so deleted the initial Outlook settings then recreated them. The problem is that now "my calendars" lists two entries... Calendar in Public Folders and Calendar Calendar is checked by default and i can view it. However, when i click "calendar in public folders" i instantly get the very unhelpful error message "the operation failed". If i right click and try to delete this then outlook says i don't have permission. Anyone know how to delete this entry? Thanks, ...

Delete email in "pop-up" Windows
Dear All, I have a question when I am using Outlook, but I don't know it is possible or not. When I double click an email, it will pop-up a new Windows and I can read email. when I delete this "new windows" email, the pop-up Windows will be close. Is it possible that when I delete the pop-up Windows email, it will show the next email in pop-up Windows? If I understand you correctly, then yes it is possible. Simply go to Tools-->Options and select "E-mail Options..." on the Preferences tab. In the drop-down box at the top of the E-mail Options wind...

Pivot Tables: Subtotal only certain columns?
I'm new to pivot tables and really like them, using one could help me greatly simlplify some reporting I do, however I cannot figure out how to show subtotals only on certain columns, it appears to be all or nothing. Showing them results in some non-sense garbage on my reports that I cannot have. I think this is my last hurdle to actually using pivot tables and hope there is a way to remedy this. Visit www.ExcelGoodies.Com Can you post an example of what you are getting and what you want... -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Robbro" wrote: > I'm new to p...

Countif function to show how often numbers within a range are pres
I use a sheet to track when I receive items, once per day, and I log the time in 24 HR format using numbers, no formatting. I want to be able to count how many times in a row (Month) the number is between two numbers to help me identify if I get the items in morning, afternoon, evening. I think I would use countif but I don't know how to have it count each time the number in the cell is between the hours I determine. I think it would look like: countif(range,<>1:1159) or something similar but I can't figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Than...

How to delete an XML element SOS URGENT
How can io delete this element in my AdRotator.xml file with VB.NET I try a lot of things but I don'T have a good result.. Please help me <Advertisements> <Ad> <ImageUrl>http://localhost/UQCN/Images/sample-ad.gif</ImageUrl> <NavigateUrl>/UQCN/WebModules/AdsManager/PassThrough.aspx?AD=4</NavigateUrl> <AlternateText>Test!</AlternateText> <Keyword>Wrox</Keyword> <Impressions>1</Impressions> </Ad> --------------------------------------------this is the element I want to delete--------------------------...

Auto Deleting Delete File not working
I just upgraded Outlook 2K to 2003 and have been using it for a week or so. Now all of a sudden my delete folder will not delete the files upon exiting Outlook. This was happening occasionally with 2K also. Any ideas why? My opiton button is check. I tried unchecking and closing thren recheck and closing but to no avail. Skip ...

Grand totals for summed time don't show >24:00
I have a pivot table that sums time values. For the data items everything is correct, but the grans totalt don't show time values above 24 hours. I have the cell format [h]:mm, but it still doesn't work. What can be wrong? I'm using Excel 2003. // Johan ...

MS Excel VBA Pivot table link cell fetch records
I have a table 'tbl_Final' in MS Access 2007 where the data is used and cached in a pivot table found in the 'Data' worksheet in MS Excel 2007. In this MS Excel 2007 workbook, I have various worksheets reports which links to the pivot table values found 'Data' worksheet. I linked formulae in one of the cells found the worksheet reports, looks like this: =GETPIVOTDATA("Amount",Data!$B$4,"Month", 2,"Year","2008","Scenario","Budget") Lets say the cell value total is: 1000 So, In pivot: 1000 ...

How to create a field in a table whose value will be calculated
I could use some help in creating a field in a table the value of which would be the continuing balance of simple arithmetic operations such as: T(n) = T(n-1) A(n) - S(n) where T=Total, A=value in a field to be added, S=value in a field to be subtracted, and n=record number Does this make sense? Slipperyrock, If I understand you correctly you want a calculated field in a table... that would be a no can do BUT you can do it in a query. Now, you can simulate a table view using a query and a form. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been den...

Agents tab not showing up...
I'm using Outlook 2003 connected to Exchange 2003 SP2 on a SBS2003 machine. And i'm trying to define some agents in a Public Folders folder, but i can't managed to make the Agents tab appear on the properties popup. I've been searching for some help, and all i got is to define the user with owner permission in the eventconfig_ on exchange, activate the Server scripting in Outlook and that the user has rights on that folder. But all of this is done and it keeps not showing up. What else can or must be done? I got no more things to try out. Has i even tried that on several co...

attachments show inside outlook emails
hi, I have a user that messed around with his outlook and now when he sends out an email with a word or excel attachment it shows the contents of the attachment inside the message body instead of as an attached file that can be "saved as" by the recipient. anyone with a problem like this? how do I fix this? thanks MAC MAC wrote: > hi, > > I have a user that messed around with his outlook and now when he > sends out an email with a word or excel attachment it shows the > contents of the attachment inside the message body instead of as an > attached file that ...

Transforming Table into Matrix
Hi there, I hope you can help me. _*DATA_I_HAVE:*_ *Table * of *3 columns*: -column 1-: up to 60.000 terms -column 2:- up to 60.000 terms (mostly the same as in column 1; jus different order (column 1 and 2 are representing a connotation) -column 3-: weighting of connotation _*AIM:*_ In order to conduct a better evaluation of the data (connotations) need to *transform * the *Table-Sheet * into a *Matrix*, - having 2 coordinates: 1 coordinate representing column 1, on representing column 2 and - filled data (crossing of the terms) representing the weighting of th connotation(s) _*QUESTIO...

2000
It's a minor thing, but I would really appreciate your help. I was recently upgraded from NT to 2000. Now, whenever an email enters or is deleted from the main panel there is an animated slide of all the other emails listed. This slide is painfully slow, and I find that once it has started my system will hold up processing any other request (like if I clicked to switch windows, it will stay in outlook until the slide is done, then switch). I have researched the knowledge base, and I see nothing there. I have turned off every animation selection I can find, but the behavior co...

E-mail auto deleting
In our office one of the users has a problem with Outlook choosing someone (usually from the corporate address book) and deleting their e-mails automatically. It acts just like she'd set up a rule to delete the e-mail, but I cannot locate anything she has done wrong. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Office on her workstation. It didn't change anything. She's using Outlook XP and we have an Exchange server 5.5. HELP! ...

Access 2003 and SQL2000 Table Problems
I'm using Access 2003 as my client for updating tables in a database install on a SQL 2000 Server. All of the tables have the same user permissions and were created by the same user. Here is the rub. The SQL 2000 server/Access 2003 combination allows editing and insertion of records in some of the tables but not in others. Where do I start? I'm just trying to use ACCESS 2003 to open the table and edit, delete and insert new records for all tables in the database. Thanks I'd first contact the administrator and check to see if there are permissions granted on all tables....