check report is open

Hi all

I want to check if a report is open before running a bit of code on another
report, is there a command to easily check for this?

Thanks, Sue

0
Sue
5/26/2010 3:05:25 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Application.CurrentProject.AllReports("NameOfReport").IsLoaded

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

"Sue" <sportybabesue@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> I want to check if a report is open before running a bit of code on
> another report, is there a command to easily check for this?
>
> Thanks, Sue

0
Douglas
5/26/2010 3:32:47 PM
Thanks, great as ever :-)

"Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_gmail.com> wrote in message
> Application.CurrentProject.AllReports("NameOfReport").IsLoaded
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>
> "Sue"  wrote in message news:%23JRCfTO$KHA.5292@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Hi all
>>
>> I want to check if a report is open before running a bit of code on
>> another report, is there a command to easily check for this?
>>
>> Thanks, Sue

0
Sue
5/26/2010 3:47:28 PM
You could do something like:

If CurrentProject.AllReports("YourReportName").IsLoaded = True Then
    'If you are here, the report is currently open
End If
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel Pineault
http://www.cardaconsultants.com/

"Sue" wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I want to check if a report is open before running a bit of code on another
> report, is there a command to easily check for this?
>
> Thanks, Sue
>

> .

����
"Sue" <sportybabesue@hotmail.co.uk> д����Ϣ����:%23JRCfTO$KHA.5292@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Hi all
>
> I want to check if a report is open before running a bit of code on
> another report, is there a command to easily check for this?
>
> Thanks, Sue

spreadsheet does not open properly
This problem is happening on my work computer as well as my home computer. When I click on an excel file to open, excel opens but the area where the spreadsheet should appear is blank. I can see the desktop where the spreadsheet should be. I have tried opening files from their individual icons, opening excel first then use file/open and choose the file. I get the same results. Help! This is wasting so much of my work time. Could it be just off the visible screen. Try opening your file, then File|Print Preview. If it shows up, try window|Arrange|Tiled and resize. Julie M. wrote: &...

Reopening Outlook with shared calendar open
Dear all I have a shared calander that many users can access. When a user closes Outlook and then open outlook again the shared calander is not ticked to display. Is there a way to tell outlook that if the shared calendar is ticked when closing it should re open the calander when Outlook is restarted. Using Exchange 2007, clients are either Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007. - not using POP accounts. Thanks in advance See http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20050307.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solu...

Attchments opening Slow
I have a user who is having problems with outlook against an exchange mailbox the user is trying to open attachments and the response is very slow however if the user saves the attachment to the desktop and opens it there the response time is fine. Anyone any ideas of how to resove this rather than a work around. -- Michael Grieve ...

Can't open ANY Word or Excell documents
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Processor: Power PC Have recently begun having trouble opening ANY documents using Office 2004 on my Apple iMac G-5 PowerPC running 10.3.9. When I try to open a Word document I get a dialogue box saying that corruption was found (ON EVERY FILE TRIED), and asks if I want to try opening anyway. When I click yes it opens the word document "frame" with a blue screen and my pinwheel loading indicator twirls for about 5 minutes before telling me that Word failed to open the document. This also happens in Excell. Went out and bought O...

Opening excel files
Hi We have a problem that when a user opens up a file from the desktop or toolbar he gets an error message unable to open file or one of its components. Yet if he opens excel then opens the file from within excel the file open OK. Any ideas would be great. Thanks Shona Go to Tools > Options > General (tab) and make sure "Ignore other applications" is not checked. Other possibility... Go to Start > Run and type in this command: Excel /regserver (note - there is a space before the forward slash) If you receive an error, you may need to browse to Excel.exe and incl...

bill-pay check recipient mislabeled from bank
Somehow most payments made through online bill-pay, whether to pay VISA or phone bills, are mislabelled as written to a friend rather than the actual payee. At one point I did write a check to him for recreation expenses and now all bill-pay items are labelled as such in Money although not on the bank record and not apparently received by the business as such. I have tried simply editing the name at the time of the last account balancing but the problem has recurred. How to correct this mislabelling? This happened in Money 2000 and 2001, I think, when the following conditions existe...

Money 2002 no longer opens
I recently reinstalled Windows XP. Instead of installing the entire Works Suite 2002, I only installed a few individual components separately. Money 2002 worked fine for a while, but for the past week or so it refuses to open. Instead I get a window with the following message: "Cannot display the End User License Agreement which must be displayed and accepted before you can use the application. To display the agreement, reinstall the application." I have reinstalled the application several times and I've now uninstalled it and reinstalled it several times as well. ...

query for aging report
I need a query for an aging report in am Access ADP. I have a fees table and a payments table. [dbo].[tblFees]( [FeeID] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL, [ClientID] [int] NULL, [FeeDate] [datetime] NULL, [DeptNo] [nvarchar](50) NULL, [ServiceType] [nvarchar](50) NULL, [Service] [nvarchar](50) NULL, [Location] [nvarchar](50) NULL, [FeeAmount] [money] NULL, [FeeAdj] [money] NULL, [TransNo] [nvarchar](50) NULL, [PostedBy] [nvarchar](100) NULL, [Comments] [nvarchar](max) NULL, [dbo].[tblPayments]( [PayID] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL, [FeeID] [int] NULL, [PayDate...

I get message "Unable to open Pub doc".
I have had a couple people send me a Publisher document as an email attachment, but when I try to open it, I get a message: "Publisher cannot open the file". I thought it was because the doc was created in a newer version than what I had. Now I'm not sure because I tried to open another pub doc I received from a different friend while at school. The computer has 2002 version and I still can not open docs. Can you tell me why, and what I can do? Could be your virus software. How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/k...

deleting mail on opening
outlook is deleting messages on opening and not sending to the deleted items folder how to fix ??? please and or how to restore to default settings ?? ty srirlee ...

my spell check is not working for my entire document
MY spell check is not working, I have version 2003. When I go to tools and language than set language and uncheck the do not check spelling and grammar and hit ok it will check for names and only a few words. But when I go back into language the box is checked again, and I have tried this several times. I rechecked the document after I went under options to see if the box for hide spelling errors in this document is checked and is not. Please help me!! Did you select all the text in the document (Ctrl+A) before clearing the "Do not check" box? -- Suzanne S. ...

Unable to open email folder
I am unable to open an email folder in Outlook Express. I have found the .dbx file relating to this folder, is there anyway to recover the contents. About 8mb of emails. Many Thanks Alan, this newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (for OE 6), or an OE help website such as http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com. If you're accessing the Microsoft ne...

Error opening Outlook 2007
I am getting a "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Office Outlook and set it as the default mail client." I have it as the default email client. Also under the mail icon in control panel I have another profile that is {d9734f9-8cfb-411d-bc59-833e334fcb5e}. I can delete all the profiles and create just one profile that other profile comes back again. I have tried all the solutions that I have found in the net. I am using Windows Vista and Outlook 2007. Thanks Ed is this a home or...

Avoid warning message from outlook when open it from a form 02-18-08
Sorry for repost but I haven't see the answer.(Just back from leave).Below is my problem: I have a module to sent email from access with attachment is a pdf Access report. But when trying to display outlook new message window, outlook send a message: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook.Do you want to allow this? If this unexpected,it may be a virus and you should choose "NO" I choose yes and click it,but this message will appear as many as outlook contacts listed in my form listbox.( olTo ). How to make this message dissapear? Tha...

Opening a contact clears the clipboard
I'm experiencing some odd behavior with Outlook contacts (Outlook 2002 (10.6515.6735) SP3 running on Windows XP Professional SP2). Every time I open a contact record, the clipboard is cleared. This occurs if I am creating a new contact, or if I open an existing contact. Nothing similar happens when I open other Outlook forms. Can anybody suggest any place to look for the cause of this behavior? -- Michael S. Meyers-Jouan Please reply to the newsgroup to keep the thread intact E-mail first name at last name ".name" it's a known issue. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outl...

Send a worksheet to an open email
Hi Forum, Is there a way of sending an Excel sheet as an attachment to an email in Outlook that is already open. I have read through the forum and all replies seem to open a new email and then make the attachment, I need to do it the other way around if possible. Many thanks in advance. Graham If you have already looked at Ron's site, then I don't know where else to look. http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm "Graham F" <GrahamF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF8577CF-D580-40EE-B85D-33E01808E408@microsoft.com... > Hi Forum, ...

Transfer Inventory Out Report
We are transfering out inventory to another store. We are not using HQ, so we are not doing the transfer through RMS and HQ. We would like to know how to modify the Inventory Issued Report or the Inventory Transfer Order report. We need the header with the name of the company we transferred out inventory to, date of transfer, item code, desciription, qty transferred, unit cost, extended cost (for each item). The problem is, this information is available, but only if you print both reports. Is there a way to get this information on one report? Using RMS ver. 2.0. ...

Login prompt Crystal Reports
When I want print a report from a user's browser or from crm server is required un other login prompt for every report. I know there is a pacth for this but only for driven-reports. I don't have any driven-reports. Anyone can tell how resolve this issue? internet options - advanced - cut off check in enable integrated authentication "fc3" wrote: > When I want print a report from a user's browser or from crm server is > required un other login prompt for every report. > I know there is a pacth for this but only for driven-reports. I don't have > ...

Export Report to Excel with Calculations
How can I export my report with its calculations to Excel? When I export, all data exports, except for my calcuations. This report has the exact format that I need, and I can't get it via queries, so I'd really like to find a way to do this. Thanks!! ...

M04 closes when try to do investment report
While doing my taxes I tried to see a report for my investments over the years. I had set up investment account back in Money-98 and then upgraded to M-02 and M-04 small business. When I selected all dates or all to date option for the report Money just closed on me. If I select previous year or year to date it works fine Any suggestions In microsoft.public.money, dmitat wrote: >While doing my taxes < I tried to see a report for my investments over > the years. I had set up investment >account back in Money-98 and then >upgraded to M-02 and M-04 small >business. When ...

Payroll Report Info in 7.5
Our current 'Direct Deposit Statement of Earnings' report prints Available Sick Time on the report: 1. Which table and field is used for this data? 2. What is the best way to set all available sick time to zero for all employees and never accrue? Thanks UPR00100 is the table. You'll see fields for vacation and sick time available. The answer to resetting the balances depend upon if you are using HR Attendance to accrue or Payroll. If you're using Payroll, you can use a tool like SQL Server Query Analyzer to update the Sick Time Available field. If you're using At...

WebPort should display entire report in view on webpage.
When viewing reports in WebPort only a small portion of the report can be seen on the webpage, if the report is printed to .pdf so it can be viewed completely then the drill down capabilities are lost. If you could view the entire report in the webpage then you could see the whole report and use all drilldown capabilities. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

Check Register
Anyone using Excel for your check register? I've tried creating one in years past but there's always something that wouldn't work quite right. There's plenty of inexpensive commercial programs out there but I don't need it to track a credit card account or manage my stock portfolio or spit shine my wing tips. TIA, -- Jordon Mine is perfect. Just a plain register. No bells and whistles! I use drop down lists for everything: date, check number, payee, reconcile, fee's. The only thing I have to manually enter is the amount. Reconciling with my bank statement tak...

Analytical Accounting-Refresh of data from Excel Report
Please incldue the functionality of Refresh of data in excel report. This excel report was generated from the Mulitlevel query and Distribution query and once the queries are exported to Excel, the 'External Data' control box pops up where we should be able to click on Refresh to populate new transactions added. Currently, this option is available but it does not work. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. ...

Access query to get monthly and quarterly report
Hi, I will require 5 tabs in the report. All reports should be able to use the same result set, but not all columns will appear in each report. They will just present the data differently. for example: if month falls with in the start and end date should show yes otherwise No. Immediate help will be appreciated.. thank you in advance Startdate Enddate Nov-09 Jan-10 Jun-12 Dec-12 12/11/09 6/30/2012 Yes Yes Yes No Startdate Enddate Q3-09 Q4-09 Q2-12 Q4-12 12/11/09 6/30/2012 No Yes Yes No Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of C...