chart rotating

how do rotate (only 90 degree or vertical)the chart?.i need to rotate my
chart 90 degree.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

What chart are you using? Assuming you have a column chart, change it
to a bar chart instead. That will change the vertical columns to
horizontal bars.

cheers

teylyn
'The Code Cage - Microsoft Office Help - Microsoft Office Discussion'
(http://www.thecodecage.com)

--
teylyn

Teylyn  --  'teylyn.posterous.com' (http://teylyn.posterous.com)
teylyn's Profile: 983
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=187510

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/chat.php

0
teylyn
3/15/2010 7:52:31 AM
my chart is line type.

afshin;671209 Wrote:

> how do rotate (only 90 degree or vertical)the chart?.i need to rotate
> my
> > chart 90 degree.
>

> --
> teylyn
>
> Teylyn  --  'teylyn.posterous.com' (http://teylyn.posterous.com)
> teylyn's Profile: 983
> View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=187510
>
> http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/chat.php
>
> .

In that case, change to XY chart. Then swap the definitions of X and Y
values.

my chart is line type.

--
teylyn

Teylyn  --  'teylyn.posterous.com' (http://teylyn.posterous.com)
teylyn's Profile: 983
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=187510

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/chat.php

0
teylyn
3/15/2010 1:21:57 PM
I Need to have legend with one of the fieldes,but xy-chart don't have similar
speciality.

afshin;671317 Wrote:

> my chart is line type.
> >
> > "teylyn" wrote:
> >

> > > What chart are you using? Assuming you have a column chart, change
> it
> > > to a bar chart instead. That will change the vertical columns to
> > > horizontal bars.
> > >
> > > cheers
> > >
> > > teylyn
> > > 'The Code Cage - Microsoft Office Help - Microsoft Office
> Discussion'
> > > ('The Code Cage - Microsoft Office Help - Microsoft Office
> Discussion' (http://www.thecodecage.com))
> > >

> > afshin;671209 Wrote:
> > > >
> > > how do rotate (only 90 degree or vertical)the chart?.i need to
> rotate
> > > my
> > >

> > > --
> > > teylyn
> > >
> > > Teylyn  --  'teylyn.posterous.com' ('Teylyn's posterous - Home'
> (http://teylyn.posterous.com))

> > > teylyn's Profile: 983
> > > View this thread: 'chart rotating - The Code Cage Forums'
> (http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=187510)
> > >
> > > http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/chat.php
> > >
> > > .
> > >

> --
> teylyn
>
> Teylyn  --  'teylyn.posterous.com' (http://teylyn.posterous.com)
> teylyn's Profile: 983
> View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=187510
>
> http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/chat.php
>
> .

outliers in charts
I have created a simple bar chart, but I have a few outliers that skew the layout of the chart. for example: a = 2 b = 3 c = 78 d = 2 e = 1 f = 3 g = 150 etc I still need to include "c" and "g", but because I have a lot of data it makes the rest of the bars so low you can't tell accurately what they are. I have tried to change the scale with the intention of having a data label on the out-liers, but that doesn't work as I could only make the data label show on all bars (which I don't want) and it only shows at the top of the bar so the outliers still d...

Concatenate in chart titles
I am trying to have my chart titles auto populate with both text and a reference field. I want the title text box to read "Text 'contents of a referenced cell'". Is this possible? I can have the title text box display contents of a referenced cell, but cannot add text to the title text box so that is displays both. Thanks, On Sat, 12 Jan 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Mike Z <Mike@Z.?.microsoft.com.invalid> said: >I am trying to have my chart titles auto populate with both text and a >reference field. I want the title text box to read "Text ...

How do I set up a GANTT chart for a research proposal
Don't Know what to put in a GANTT chart for a research proposal, how to actually lay it out, my subject is nursing research.. do include costs of researcher etc EXCEL 2007 I have just put up a file for you at:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ - item number 78 towards th top of my home page. This is based on MS documentation. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "HiLo" wrote: > Don't Know what to put in a GANTT chart for a research proposal, how to > actually lay it out, my subject is nursing research.. do include costs ...

How do I number format the Data Table in an Excel Chart?
I prefer that the Data Table on a specific chart be formatted n,nnn,nnn as all raw data is without cents. The cells used as reference for the chart are formatted in the above manner. On the worksheet where the chart is built the formnatting is n,nnn,nnn.00. The 00 is consistent because the data has no cents. The chart building workbook is a master that is used over and over for changing situations. So, the chart is copied to its own single sheet workbook for distribution and posterity. At this point the formatting problem gets worse. The commas disappear and now I have nnnnnnn - w...

Chart look up
Hi my name is Gabriel I'm wondering if some one can help me to code a function that will help me look for some data using three values I'm using an excel file as a capturing template for our staff and I need to have this function done. I have a chart in a separate excel file please see file attached that will demostrate better what I have On a separate file linked to the chart the user will type the month(s) and year(s) and the number of person(s): Month Year 11/2001 Staff # 3 What I need is an Excel function that will go an...

Updating an excel chart on a webpage
using Frontpage2003.. Website is www.applestats.com There are numerous charts in this website. Right now, I just create the chart using the chart wizard in Excel and I copy and paste the chart into Frontpage 2003 and publish it using http. As the data grown in the spreadsheewts, I use to updating function to update the chart and re-copy it to FP 2003 to republish. There has to be a simpler wasy. I would like to put the spreadsheets in a folder in the webfile, and as I update the numbers, have the charts on the web pages update with the new data. Is this possible? I do not know scrip...

How to combine two reports in one chart
I'm working on a shipping report that includes 3 different shipping regions. I created new reports for each region and now I want them to be in one common chart. How do I do that? Byron720;575293 Wrote: > I'm working on a shipping report that includes 3 different shipping > regions. > I created new reports for each region and now I want them to be in one > common > chart. How do I do that? create a table that consolidates your three reports and base the chart on that table. -- teylyn Telyn -- 'teylyn.posterous.com' (http://teylyn.pos...

Display significance in charts
Hello, I have a number of bar charts and I need to show which points are statistcially significant to the others without manual manipulation of data labels or bar chart colors. Is there anyway for me to automatically show significance? I'm looking for some way to either have both number and text in my data sheet or for my numbers to be colored in the data portion and also charted that color automatically. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks! Heather - You could use Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler to automatically manipulate the data labels (it's free at http://appsp...

automatically create chart upon selecting
I have a spreadsheet containing about 50 different financial ratios for 2002 thru the current month. I want to be able to click on the name of the ratio and have a chart automatically generate using all historical data thru the current month, thus including each month as it is added. Does anyone have any suggestions? On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 07:43:30 -0800, Jason <jason.loesch@zinpro.com> wrot= e: > I have a spreadsheet containing about 50 different > financial ratios for 2002 thru the current month. I want > to be able to click on the name of the ratio and have a > char...

Show stdev errorbars on pivot bar chart
I have made a pivot bar chart using excel 2003, and I would like to show error bars on this bar chart. The values for the bars are averages of a certain quantity. The values for the errorbars should be the stdev of this quantity. It is possible to add error bars in the existing chart using "Format data series", but that only works for one particular chart. If I update the underlying data or plot other quantities, then the errorbars are gone. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Like all custom formatting in pivot charts, refreshing the data clears the formatting. Microsof...

Does any Chart Y-axis with 2 Values on X-axis(A train's tracking)
I need to draw a chart, where Y-axis represent Railway Stations and X-axis represent times of a day. I need to show simple line chart Stating From Station A, 0700hr(Train Dep Time);Station B 0800hr(Train arrive time);Station B 0800hr(Train Dep Time);Station C 0830hr (Train Arrive Time);Station C 0835hr(Train Dep Time);and finally Station D 0900hr(Train Arrive Time). You can see that in some station, the train does not stop and so Arrive and Dep time are the same. But in some stations, the train stops and therefore the line chart will show as parallel to X axis during its stops at th...

Helped with stacked bar chart and percentages
I am attempting to create a stacked chart with two data series (one representing the number ontime orders, and the other late). I would like to have a label on each bar that would tell the percentage of ontime. Perhaps someone would have a good example? Thanks for your help, -A Calculate the percentages in additional columns. Use one of these free Excel add-ins to apply labels from these ranges to the series in your chart: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com/ss - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltie...

Trouble. Visio 2003 SP1 ORGANIZATION CHART WIZARD
I got a trouble using Visio 2003 SP1 ORGANIZATION CHART WIZARD. I want to import org data from Exchange using ORGANIZATION CHART WIZARD and customize the fields to load and draw in the shapes. So, I found HOWTO articles in MSDN and also in Office Online Assistance. The article name - "Create an organization chart from a data file using the command line or Run method" http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010384221033.aspx. Also I used examples from Microsoft Office Visio Code Librarian to write a C# solution. This solution will help me to automate the process of generation...

Forgot to put in the Board of Directors on my org chart in Excel
How can I add a top position to my org chart without having to redo the entire thing... we have 170 boxes and I left out the top dog! I don't have a budget for any new programs so I have to use what I have. Thanks! Hi, what version of Excel are you using? I suppose you created the org chart using the Diagram tool? If so you are going to have to fake it. Create a second org chart using the same tool. Select the entire second level and delete it, this will leave a single box. Size the box down to the size you need and drag it to the top of your original org chart. It won't...

textures in charts
I am familiar with the textures that come with excel. Are there some other downloadable textures for excel charts out there? I'm not aware of any texture created specifically for Excel charts, but there are tons of graphic files on the Web that are intended to be used as web site background images. Many of them might work quite well for chart textures. Start with a Google search for "web background images." John Walkenbach For Excel tips, macros, & downloads... http://j-walk.com/ss "DougC" <dcrumley@edamerica.org> wrote in message news:377201c37bbf$544a...

Exploded pie charts
I want to "explode" two slices together on a pie chart. That is 4 of the 6 pie slices would not be exploded and the two others would be exploded as a single wedge but with two different colors. Any hints or solutions? Dan - In Excel, you can only explode a pie chart uniformly. You can't just blow up independent wedges. One workaround is to hold Shift while selecting Copy Picture from the Edit menu, selecting the On Screen and As Picture options, pasting the picture of the chart, and ungrouping it. Now you can move the wedges independently. I didn't like the way ...

Working With Charts
I have created "Cash Withdrawal" as a payee to account for ATM cash withdrawals from my checking account. I am able to call up a report about this "payee" in the Reports Gallery. But I am unable to customize the report and make it a chart. How can I make a line chart of my cash withdrawals? Line Chart is not an option for the Payee Spending report. You can, however, use the Account transactions report to create a line chart and only the select the one payee. "David Lingenfelter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06d401c39d0d...

Chart Coloring
I need a way to select the color for the bars in a bar chart befor the creation of the chart. I know how to select the colors once the chart is created, is there a way to automatically change the chart colors? You can change the default colours Excel uses for chart fills and lines respectively, in Tools/Options/Color. The colours from left to right are the ones Excel picks for your data series in order of selection. Select the colour to be changed and click Modify... The rest is evident I gather. In the same pane you can also import colours from another workbook (e.g., your company...

Area Chart showing percentage?
I'm a newbie that created an Area Chart using the Graph Wizard. It's almost what I need, except the Y-axis shows an accumulated count of the values. What I need is to normalized the values so that they represent a percentage. E.g., the total across the X-Axis is always 100% and the chart shows the percentage contribution of each value being plotted. 100--------------------------------- 80___ _________ _ 60 \/ /\ \___/ 40 /\______/ \ __ 20/ \_____/ 0---------------------------------- The SQL generated by the Wizard: TRANSFO...

Charting Data to Compare
I have the following data to chart (Using Excel 2003) It's for several different hospitals and I want a chart for each hospital. I want to compare 4 quarters from the year 2005 & 2006 (side by side) in a bar graph for each year and then the YTD data as well (side by side). The YTD is the sum of the 4 quarters. I want this all on one chart. The data is as follows: Hospital XYZ Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 YTD 2005 2134 1958 2647 2016 8755 2006 2149 2034 2457 2314 8954 The chart will have 10 bars, Q1 side by side, Q2...

A Tricky Question! Macro & Chart
Hi All I have a very tricky problem here. I have a column chart which has sa 4 columns - namely, A, B, C and D. First Issue - I would like to check is it possible to assign a specifi macro for A, B, C, and D to their respective columns? Second Issue - And as each macro has its own codes, would it b possible for the macro to be so smart that if I click on the column fo A, A macro will run... Please note that the order of the columns will change over time as will sort the values and put the one with the highest value as th first column. Kindly advice me whether the above are possible.....

Charting #4
Is there a way to make the default setting for the horizontal axes on charts set to no line? It is really annoying. When you have 3 different overlayed charts and you have to change this setting it is very time consuming. Every time I save the document it does not save this setting. Any ideas? ...

Copying a Chart to ANOTHER WORKBOOK LOCATION not worksheet.
According to Excel Help, I should be able to copy a chart/graph to another workbook. However, when I try, the Paste option is not highlighted as a choice. Does anyone have any ideas how I can accomplish this copy/paste function? Thank you. You don't state which version of EXCEL you are using. I have tried to replicate what you say in EXCEL 2007 but don't see the problem. You might like to try the following:- 1. Select the graph that you want to copy by clicking in it. 2. Ctrl C (simultaneously). 3. Move to new Workbook. 4. Ctrl V (simultaneously). This pastes the c...

Excel
My son is trying to reverse the x and y axis on an Excel chart. I don't believe you can but I thought I should ask. DenisB - > My son is trying to reverse the x and y axis on an Excel chart. I don't > believe you can but I thought I should ask. < One way is to select the chart, then choose Chart | Source Data | Series, and respecify the ranges for X Values and Y Values. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com "Mike Middleton" wrote: > DenisB - > > > My son is trying to reverse the x and y axis on an Excel chart. I don't > > believe y...

Import Charts into Powerpoint
I have created an Excel workbook that contains over 100 charts. Now I want to import these charts into Powerpoint. What would be the most efficient way to do this? thanks Mike Mike - I guess you'd be wanting some kind of macro. I have some hints on my web site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html If you had something different in mind which you couldn't figure out from these examples, post back. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ Squid wrote: > I have created an Excel workbook t...