changed setting to Aus English. it always goes to English Us why?

How do i get Word xp to keep Aus English on it? I have changed the default
and dictionary settings to Aus English. But the spell always checks in
English Us.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

This group is about Microsoft Access (the desktop database.) People in the
Word group could probably help you better.

Suggestions:
1. Go to Regional Settings in the Windows Control Panel. Make sure your
default location is Australia.

2. In Word, select all (Ctrl + A), and choose Set Language on the Review tab
of the ribbon (Word 2007), or the Tools menu in previous versions.

3. In the Language dialog, choose "English (Australia)."

4. Click the Default button at the foot of the dialog. Answer Yes to the
question about making this the default language for all future documents
based on the Normal template.

(Note that this does not affect documents you have already created.)

"Bettyau" <Bettyau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do i get Word xp to keep Aus English on it? I have changed the default
> and dictionary settings to Aus English. But the spell always checks in
> English Us.

0
Allen
2/4/2008 6:49:17 AM
Mi dispiace, non capisco

What is the difference between Autralia english and England english

--
Wayne
Manchester, England.

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> This group is about Microsoft Access (the desktop database.) People in the
> Word group could probably help you better.
>
> Suggestions:
> 1. Go to Regional Settings in the Windows Control Panel. Make sure your
> default location is Australia.
>
> 2. In Word, select all (Ctrl + A), and choose Set Language on the Review tab
> of the ribbon (Word 2007), or the Tools menu in previous versions.
>
> 3. In the Language dialog, choose "English (Australia)."
>
> 4. Click the Default button at the foot of the dialog. Answer Yes to the
> question about making this the default language for all future documents
> based on the Normal template.
>
> (Note that this does not affect documents you have already created.)
>
> "Bettyau" <Bettyau@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do i get Word xp to keep Aus English on it? I have changed the default
> > and dictionary settings to Aus English. But the spell always checks in
> > English Us.

UK English is close enough for almost everything in Australia, other than
some quirks and slang.

The crucial thing is to avoid the sulfurous and dishonorable spelling of the
US.  :-)

"Wayne-I-M" <WayneIM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Mi dispiace, non capisco
>
> What is the difference between Autralia english and England english

0
Allen

Prior Year Trial Balance
When running a trial balance for a prior year, note the "net change" on a monthly basis is incorrect every month until December. The Net Change is the first line item of the following month, not the actual net change. -- JeannieC ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" ...

Disabled "auto reply"
Howdy all. I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out. We're running an Exchange 2003 server using Outlook clients internally and OWA for remote access. POP is disabled for remote access. I've checked the Global Settings -->IMF settings in the ESM and confirmed that "allow out of office replies" and "allow automatic replies" are deselected. I've checked the rules within Outlook and confirmed that no rules exist. However, I'm still seeing auto replies being sent to Internet accounts (not from within the network when connecting via Outlook)...

Daylight Savings Time Changes
Hello, Does anyone know if the patch for Exchnage 2003 identified in KB926666 has to also be applied to every server that is running the Exchange Tools (System Manager)? Thanks in advance K On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:24:03 -0800, Kerry <Kerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Does anyone know if the patch for Exchnage 2003 identified in KB926666 has >to also be applied to every server that is running the Exchange Tools (System >Manager)? > >Thanks in advance >K Im all for consistency. If the patch isnt needed, it shouldnt install, so I would at ...

Changing the default folder when inserting files.
Does anybody know how to change the default folder Outlook opens when inserting files? I have already tried the registry with no luck. Thanks. you can change the default folder - use the places bar to select the folder you want. http://www.poremsky.com/p/places_bar.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Kristin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Changing color of a range of cells dending up on a value in anothr
Hi, I need to change the color of a range of cell, depending up on the value in another cell. I am using Excel 2003. And it allows me to give only 3 conditions when using conditional format. But I have 7 differnt conditions. Thanks in advance for any help. Srajes. Unless you move to XL2007, you will need to use VBA. Here are some sites that will help http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/excel-conditional-formatting-limit.htm http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm Alternatively, there is an add-in here http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFPlus.Download.html -- Steve "Srajes&qu...

How do I change the "Project Type" in "law Firm Financial Analys..
he "Lawfirm Financial Analysis Worksheet" currently has only attorney related "Projects Types," e.g., bankruptcy, forming corporations, amublence chasing. I'd like to modify the worksheet so it would fit other professions, i.e., engineering, consulting, and the like. Are these worksheets, including the law firm financial analysis worksheet, modifyable? If you download the worksheet: http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/templates/TC011406201033.aspx you should be able to modify it. Clear the existing project types, and replace them with the ones you need. seanac...

OWA with non english chars
Hi, After a power failure, we cannot view some items via OWA. These items contain turkish letters in their subject (as long as I know file names are also generated from subject). Other items can be viewed without problem. But we could not view items with turkish characters. Can you help please? Hi again, i think the cause is not owa but the iis itself. When I try to check same mails with exchange explorer I get error. But when I open OWA from the server I can see these items. This issue is very urgent. I need help. Thanks, eozkurt@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > After a power failu...

ok , i'm making name tags for an event....have to change the name
here is my problem....I am doing name crads.... so i have to change the name on each crad.....and i am lost as how to do that.....and then they all print out with the different names...Thank you... Fran You will have to build a data base and use mail merge. Help here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Fran Buettner" <Fran Buettner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B872C0E-4FDA-4899-80DA-95609AA63623@microsoft.com... > here is my problem....I am doing name crads.... so i h...

How do I set up a stacked chart
I have the following data: Fall 05 Spring 06 Summer 06 Exc Org 48% 56% 44% Good Org 52% 44% 66% Exc Med 77% 80% 84% Good Med 23% 20% 16% I would like the good percent to stack on top of the exc percent for each department. -- Thank you Thank you Hi, If you want a cluster/stack chart have a look at the following http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy ...

changing accounts for sent emails
I am using Outlook 2000 with my laptop. I receive and send email from two differents accounts. One is for work, the other is for personal email. The default send is for the work account. I know to change the send account using the options choice on the toolbar, however, I frequently forget to do that. Is there a way to either: 1) display the name of the from: account when composing the email (which I usually do with Microsoft Word) so that I can more easily remember to change the account or 2) associate some contacts preferentially with the non-default account (i.e. have one default accou...

How to change background color of a window that has been created.
I need to change the background of a window that has been created, can you help? Hello Jerry, > I need to change the background of a window that has been created, can > you help? > Answer depends upon the type of window. Typically you can do this in OnEraseBkgnd. Certain controls respond to WM_CTLCOLOR and yet some other, like CButton, need to be owner drawn to change the color. If you have a generic CWnd, you can always specify the brush in the window class; so no special painting is needed. This is good when you know that the background will have one color all the time. -...

Try Catch to Pinpoint Set-Based Error?
SQL 2008. I have a fairly simple Merge statement with this: When Not Matched Then Insert Values ( ... long column list ... cast( crazyCol1 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) , cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) cast( crazyCol2 as decimal(16,8) ) / 1000000 ) ) The insert source is about 50,000 rows. One of the rows is failing the cast (original source is varchar(36). I would like to implement a try/catch block around this somehow so I can catch the offending row. How can I do that? Thanks. SnapDive (...

Change order of fields in a report to a custom arrangement
In a report, I want to list sections in a certain way that is not alphabetical or numerical. Is there a way to do this? Curerntly, it is alphabetical as below: **Staff Section** Chief of Staff Command Counsel G1 G2 G3 Public Affairs Special Staff ** I would like for the fields to be organized as below: ***Staff Section*** G1 G2 G3 Chief of Staff Command Counsel Special Staff Public Affairs Thanks! Glen Try going to Sorting and Grouping. It is one of your buttons on the command bar. You should be able to set it anyway you wish. -- Milton Purdy ACCES...

Checking which fields changed
Hi Is it possible to identify individual fields changed by a user during editing on a form before or immediately after the form is saved? Thanks Regards On May 9, 4:25 pm, "John" <J...@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: > Hi > > Is it possible to identify individual fields changed by a user during > editing on a form before or immediately after the form is saved? > > Thanks > > Regards I assume you mean what data was changed when you save the record? If so look at the OldValue property of your text boxes etc. Take a look at what Allen Browne has at ...

Excel: Open Recent Files

Formula
Have a simple idea that is giving me fits. Have a worksheet with numberic data and labels in rows and columns. Below each column I use a simple SUM() function which works fine, until I disturb a row of data. By disturb, what I mean is that if I move the top row of data down to the bottom of the array, highlight the entire data area, move that area up one row, I lose the correct references in the SUM() function. I'm just moving the data area, not the row containing my SUM() functions - that stays put. IOW, the SUM() function is in row 12, the data area extends from row 1 through ...

Excel page format changes

OL2000: Propotional / fixed-width font settings
What is the significance of the proportional / fixed-width font options under International Font settings in Outlook? Outlook always chooses the proportional option anyway. Furthermore, how does Outlook reconcile the setting under "when composing and reading plain text" vs. the settings under International Fonts? Say I have a plain text message in ISO 8859-1. How does Outlook decide what font to use to display the text? ...

Outlook 2003 changing global auto archive settings?
Outlook offers to Run Auto Archive every days. It allows you to run it more frequently, but I would like to run it less frequently. In other words, I would like to run it every 120 days and then archive the bottom four months. It doesn't seem that you can change the auto archive setting above 60 days. Is there a way to do this? I have the box checked to ask me before auto archiving - but if I say no, will it continue to ask? Or, will it never ask again? Essentially I would like to archive every 4 months and not more frequently - and I would like to archive my inbox and my se...

How can I change dollar sybbol to euro symbol?
If data is numeric then use Format Cells and choose a format with a Euro symbol, or if text just do an Edit / Replace. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- "zwerver" <zwerver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1821DD41-E29A-4034-9A2E-9DCB5AB6B4BD@micros...

International Range style settings
Hi there, I am using Excel 2007, the Ducth version. I have created a workbook with macros, partly recorded. In one of the I am using some code like With ActiveCell If .Value < gdblNormValue Then .Style = "Ongeldig" End If End With In the English version it shoul be With ActiveCell If .Value < gdblNormValue Then .Style = "Bad" End If End With Is there a constant I can ue instead of the text "Bad"? Thanks Wouter Styles have both Name and Local name properties, so I *think* the English name should work ...

Underlying Connection was Closed when opening System Settings
I've seen a couple of threads on "Underlying Connection was Closed" when opening System Settings. I just found a solution not mentioned in those posts and thought I would add to the knowledge base. System Settings requires a connection to Microsoft SQL Reporting Server (SRS). If your SRS server is down or offline the above error will be displayed. Zack Jones Chief Architect Q1 Technology ...

Single set of folders in Navigation Pane?
In Outlook 2007, I have Exchange Server and 2 POP accounts. I would like all of the messages from all of the accounts to display in the navigation pane in the same folders and follow the same rules and alerts. Currently I have Mailbox fro exchange and Personal folders for the 2 POP accounts. Can someone help me out with this? Thanks! You can set your delivery location for each account in; Tools-> Account Settings...-> tab Email You'll have to decide if you want the default location to be a pst-file or the Exchange mailbox. If you choose for a pst-file, all the d...

Charts and "global" changes
Hello all, I'm actually working in Microsoft Access97, which uses MSGraph 2000 for charting, so I thought this was really a "charting" question... not an Access question. I have an XY scatter chart (using just points... no X or Y error bars or lines) all laid out just fine, but I have a couple of questions that would make my work a lot easier. When the data first displayed on the chart, every data point had a different "style"... circles, triangles, x's, etc... I had to go into every one individually and change them to a black dot at size 3. Isn...

How do I set up auto complete from a drop down list in Excel 2000.
I have a 10 sheet workbook that I will be sending out to various users around the world. For their convenience, we are adding a lot of drop down lists for them to choose from. However, since there are many options to choose from in each list we would like for it to auto complete based on their initial entries: Ed -> list to jump to Edinburgh, etc.... I have enabled the AutoComplete in the cell values button in the Tools/Options/Edit tab, but it is still not working. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Hi not possible for the data validation listboxes --...