change the default opening of a form to enter a new record

How can you stop a form defaulting to record 1 when you want to type in a new
record. The only way we are getting round this at the moment is to click on
the icon  New record. However, every time we open the form to enter another
record it is always showing record 1
--
Thank you for reading my post.  Hopefully you can answer my querie
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Shazza -

Set the form property Data Entry to Yes.  That will default to opening the
form for new records.

--
Daryl S

"Shazza" wrote:

> How can you stop a form defaulting to record 1 when you want to type in a new
> record. The only way we are getting round this at the moment is to click on
> the icon  New record. However, every time we open the form to enter another
> record it is always showing record 1
> --
> Thank you for reading my post.  Hopefully you can answer my querie
Perfect.  thank you very very much Daryl.  That did exactly what i wanted it
to do :)
--

"Daryl S" wrote:

> Shazza -
>
> Set the form property Data Entry to Yes.  That will default to opening the
> form for new records.
>
> --
> Daryl S
>

> "Shazza" wrote:
>
> > How can you stop a form defaulting to record 1 when you want to type in a new
> > record. The only way we are getting round this at the moment is to click on
> > the icon  New record. However, every time we open the form to enter another
> > record it is always showing record 1
> > --
> > Thank you for reading my post.  Hopefully you can answer my querie

Personal Folder Error when opening Outook 2002
When opening Outlook 2002, I receive the message that the Personal folder was not closed properly and needs to be checked. I allow the check to run, and all is fine. But this error message reappears after I close and reopen Outlook. Please Reply. thanks. ...

Default picklist values not appearing on convert from lead to acco
Hi, Converting a lead to an account. I have several picklist fields (on the account) which should bring up a default value. When I create a new account from scratch they all appear. When I convert a lead to an account none of the default values are there. There are no offending mappings or scripts that would explain this. Has anyone else seen this or can offer any guidance. Ta Pete. Default values are not set on enties which are converted or created trough the webservice. The only way to have a default value set for any path is to use the PreCreate Callout. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MC...

Forms & Worksheets
I want to create a form in word that will automatically add entered info into an excel worksheet? Is this possible Charlene, Setup you data in ordered columns, with headings in row 1, then menu Data>Form. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Charlene" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8A03DD4-85DB-4F80-B94A-C568FB95531E@microsoft.com... > I want to create a form in word that will automatically add entered info into an excel worksheet? Is th...

Can't open Money 2002
Been using Money 2002 for 2 years no problem until now. When I tried to open it, a window popped up (maybe showing a registry or something) for about 1 second, then... nothing. I even did a reinstall and at the end of the installation when Money is supposed to open, the same weird window popped up and then again... nothing. I have Norton antivirus with automatic updates. All other programs seem to be working fine. Any suggestions from all you experts out there? Thanks. Byron In microsoft.public.money, Byron wrote: >Been using Money 2002 for 2 years no problem until now. >When ...

Track Changes items look different on two computers

how to see the data in a subform when you close the form and then
I have a subform within a form. When data is entered into the subform, it goes into the table just fine, so I know the data is there. But, when I close the form, then open it back up, I can't see any of the data. I know there is a setting somewhere that I need to change to allow the data to be seen, I just can't remember where it is. I've looked in the Properties menu already, and can't seem to figure it out. Thanks! Is your subform set to DataEntry = Yes? That would be one possible cause for 'new' data disappearing after saving. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft...

Report Writer Text Spacing Problems While Modifying a PO form
Due to Report Writer static text field size limitations, I am forced to try to use two adjacent text fields to complete a sentence. I am having an inordinate amout of problems trying to get words to align in sentences with the correct amount of character spacing between words that span the text field boundaries. And, the process of toggling between Report Writer and Dyamics to get the Purchase Order form to reprint is time consuming. What am I missing (besides patience)? -- Jay Jay, 1) Setup a calculated field for your static text. Set the result type to String, and use the Constant...

picture manager uses incorrect printer as default
Picture does not use the default printer but defaults to the fax. ...

new mail notification in 2003
I just upgraded to Outlook 2003 and I no longer recieve new mail notification unless the message is in my Inbox. In previous versions you would get notifications as long as the folder the message went to was a sub folder of Inbox. Any ideas? This is by design. In your rules that you have setup to move messages from your Inbox to other folders, you can add "display a desktop alert" for each of those rules. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Brian" ...

Script error when opening Active accounts /contacts in Outlook cli
Hi, On one of our Outlook desktop clients we receive an Internet Explorer error message Internet Explorer Script Error An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line: 197 Char: 1 Error: Required Code: 0 URL: http://localhost:5555/_root/homepage.aspx?etc=1 It also occurs on the contacts list. All other Outlook 2003 clients do not have this problem, only one machine. On this machine I can connect to the same url with Internet explorer without any error. It only occurs in Outlook. I have found one description of the problem almost the same but unfortunamtely this does not ha...

New Views are not displaying Customized calculated fields value
I created a new view based on some native fields along with some custom fields. None of the custom field values are calculating and showing up in the view: The custom fields do not seem to be complicated. here they are Earned Work hours = INT([Work]/60)*([Physical % Complete]/100) Productivity = IIf([Actual Work]=0,0,([Earned Work Hours]/([Actual Work]/60))*100) WorkHours Forecast = IIf([Actual Work]=0,([Work]/60),([Work]/60)/([Productivity]/100)) The view is set at the Security Category of "My Projects" Thanks, I am assuming that you have this problem in P...

Changing Text Box Size and Location on a form, at run time with Access Xp
Hello All, Is it possible to change the size of the text box (or any other control) on a form at run time, by Drag and drop or resizing borders using the mouse events. (Just like the design mode but the user will use it at run time on form view). Thanks in advance... You should be able to resize in your code if necessary. Me.control.Visible = True Me.control.Height = 1000 Me.control.Width = 1000 Don't forget to set them back when you are done. "Developer" wrote: > Hello All, > Is it possible to change the size of the text box (or any other control) on > a ...

Uncheck "always use the selected program to open this kind of file" by default
http://www.vistax64.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1136177 Andrew;1136177 Wrote: > If I right click on a file there is usually the option to"Open with..". > Selecting this option list possible programs with which to open the > application and, below this, there is a check box labelled "always use > the > selected program to open this kind of file". The check box is always > checked, so clicking on OK permanently associates the selected program > with > the file type in question. > > However, I usually use this option to op...

Problem creating new mailbox
Hello, I'm trying to create a new mailbox, I've done this tons of times but this time I'm getting a problem. I created the user and then the respective mailbox with no problems. I then went to the users properties to create e email address, choose SMTP and inserted the address with no problems. The other times after some seconds exchange would automatically create de X400 Address but this time it doesn't, the user won't appear in the global address list and when I configure Outlook 2003 and click "check name" it says it cannot find the user. Last friday I cr...

Excel shutting down when opening file
This is a follow up from a previous post. When opening a specific file with excel 2003, Excel will immediately shut down. When I re-open Excel it shows the file in the recovery box. When trying to recover the file it gives a message that file damage is too extensive to repair. I have no problem opening other Excel files. I also have Excel 2003 operating on three other computers and they do not have any problem opening the same file. I have started Excel in safe mode and tried to open the file but I get the same problem. I have started Windows XP in safe mode and then opened Exce...

default font 03-14-08
All of a sudden, all my access and excel tables, reports...etc have changed their font to arial. This has ruin the spacing of my access reports' columns. I recently re-enabeled my vba. Could that have anything to do with it? If so, can I fix it? On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 15:41:02 -0700, sierralightfoot <sierralightfoot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: What do you mean with "re-enabling VBA"? Access recognizes a Default font. It's somewhere in the Options screen. -Tom. >All of a sudden, all my access and excel tables, reports...etc have changed >their font to...

Invoice defaults
How do I set a certain "Payment Term" to be the default for all future invoices? And... How do I set a default Customer Note for all future invoices? Please don't tell me I have to open up each and every Invoice Details and select the Payment Terms and then fill in the Customer Note. Also, how do I set my preferred Invoice template? I created the perfect template for my business last month, but when I went to print invoices this month, the program defaulted to some generic one. I had to go in and re-select my template and print all 25 invoices all over again. ...

Query to hide duplicate records
I recall that this used to easy in previous versions (Unique values only ??), but in 2007, I can't get this to work at all. I have a table with our companie's job numbers in it. The job numbers show up multiple times because of different phases of the project: ProjNum ProjDescription 3077 Univ. of Vermont/UC/LEED 3077 Univ. of Vermont/University Commons: Building Fee 3077 Univ. of Vermont/University Commons: Excess Professiona... I need to jut have a single listing of each project number, otherwise, I get repeated records in the query that looks at this information (which ...

Outlook 2000 Premium will not open
The error message keeps telling me that Outlook cannot connect to my exchange server. This is a home network with only two computers on it. I do not have an Exchange Server to connect to. I only use Outlook 2000 for maintaining my business contacts and Calendar. I use AOL for email with Internet Explorer 6.0.2 for broadband access to the Internet. Any suggestions on how to get Outlook to open so it can be configured properly? I have Outlook SR-1 installed. Thank You ...

Cannot edit textbox after saving record
I'm using a form with unbound textboxes to store info on my database, to save information i've defined a save button which copies de contents of the textboxes to the records (i do this to control the information i edit on the form). After this, i need to clear all textboxes in order to alloe the user to enter new information. I've used textbox.text="", textbox.text=null, textbox.value="", etc, but even though the textboxes loose their contents, i cannot re-enter information on them... they act as if they don't allow me to enter information. Can someone hel...

Trying to display records that are 6 months old
I have a database which lists employee details including there start dates. I'm trying to produce a report/query which return employees that have been with us for more than 6 months. The database has a StartDate field where we have entered the date they started with the company & this is the field i need to query. Any help would be much appreciated. Regards Bash In the Criteria row of your query, uner the StartDate field, try: <= DateAdd("m", -6, Date()) -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/t...

Error message when I try to open the "Fiscal Year Setting"
Hi all! I have trouble described in: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/921394 but it no treated with query: update organizationbase set fiscalsettingsupdated=0 before updating I had fiscalsettingsupdated=1, it were successfully changed but Error message remain. help please! I have Russian version CRM3. ...

Change Headers That Exchange Uses To Deliver Mail?
When someone sends a BCC mail to recipients in my domain, the TO: header field is blank and as a result, the message is getting dumped into my badmail and a copy is going to the postmaster in my domain. It turns out that our ISP has some kind of SPAM filter that parses the BCC content prior to delivery to me and places the intended recipients in a new header called: X-NETSCAN-TO: Is there a way to tell my exchange server to use the contents of that new header to determine the recipients in addition to the normal TO: header which works the rest of the time? So, have it check TO: and X...

mouse point changes to paper with bent edge when selecting workshe
Having problems with Excel 2003. It will work fine for awhile then start acting strange. This started a couple of weeks ago. If you click on a worksheet tab, the mouse pointer changes. It has a piece of paper with one edge folded down. Once this happens, we can not get it to change back. If you scroll out of the excel sheet, this paper turns into a black circle with a line through it. The only way to get out of excel is to go into task manager and end task. This brings up a message that you cannot exit excel. Eventually you do get prompted to end excel as it is not res...

Help-- Having trouble opening Word & Entourage
I have to keep restarting my computer to be able to open Word or Entourage. The icons just bounce a little but won't open. I was getting a request from Entourage to rebuild the database which I did about 6 or 7 times. I got another warning which I ignored. I am on a MacBook Pro (Intel based). I am using office 2004. My Entourage database is 3.2 gb. I ran Disk Utilities a couple of times. I also had a problem a couple of times with FileMaker Pro but not sure if related. Thanks Christina On 22/8/06 20:01, in article 1156273266.788654.318170@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "...