Change the colour in text in a sub form

Hi
I want to change the colour of text in a sub form so that records where the
data is over due will be red and where the data due this week is in orange
and all the rest is black.

there are five fields in each record and all want the colour changing so
each record has the correct colour.

So where would I put the code and can some one help with the code please.
I think I would be using an if statement

I have the code which will select over due components
"<Date()-Weekday(Date(),0)+7 "
and 2 fields names are
orderNo
Job

Thanks

Jon

0
jon
2/7/2008 4:26:22 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

For continuous forms or datasheet forms, you need to use the Conditional
Formatting (found on the Format menu).  Use the same expression for all the
fields if you wand all the fields to change color.

"jon" <jon@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I want to change the colour of text in a sub form so that records where
> the data is over due will be red and where the data due this week is in
> orange and all the rest is black.
>
> there are five fields in each record and all want the colour changing so
> each record has the correct colour.
>
> So where would I put the code and can some one help with the code please.
> I think I would be using an if statement
>
> I have the code which will select over due components
> "<Date()-Weekday(Date(),0)+7 "
> and 2 fields names are
> orderNo
> Job
>

> Thanks
>
> Jon

0
Pat
2/7/2008 5:05:10 PM
Hi Pat

I cant find the Conditional  Formatting .
I am using access 97 so I think that will make difference.
Do I need to make an event for a field?

Jon

"Pat Hartman" <please no email@aol.com> wrote in message
> For continuous forms or datasheet forms, you need to use the Conditional
> Formatting (found on the Format menu).  Use the same expression for all
> the fields if you wand all the fields to change color.
>
> "jon" <jon@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> I want to change the colour of text in a sub form so that records where
>> the data is over due will be red and where the data due this week is in
>> orange and all the rest is black.
>>
>> there are five fields in each record and all want the colour changing so
>> each record has the correct colour.
>>
>> So where would I put the code and can some one help with the code please.
>> I think I would be using an if statement
>>
>> I have the code which will select over due components
>> "<Date()-Weekday(Date(),0)+7 "
>> and 2 fields names are
>> orderNo
>> Job
>>

>> Thanks
>>
>> Jon

0
jon
2/7/2008 6:43:46 PM
Conditional formatting did not exist in A97 so your eyes are not going bad.
you need to change the colors in code. If you search the web or the MS
knowledgebase, you might come across a method that involves placing controls
with the different attributes and transparent backgrounds on top of each
other.  Sorry, that's all I remember about the technique.  A97 was a
fantastic version of Access but perhaps it is time to step up to A2003 if
you are not prepared to go all the way.

> Hi Pat
>
> I cant find the Conditional  Formatting .
> I am using access 97 so I think that will make difference.
> Do I need to make an event for a field?
>
> Jon
>

> "Pat Hartman" <please no email@aol.com> wrote in message
>> For continuous forms or datasheet forms, you need to use the Conditional
>> Formatting (found on the Format menu).  Use the same expression for all
>> the fields if you wand all the fields to change color.
>>
>> "jon" <jon@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>> I want to change the colour of text in a sub form so that records where
>>> the data is over due will be red and where the data due this week is in
>>> orange and all the rest is black.
>>>
>>> there are five fields in each record and all want the colour changing so
>>> each record has the correct colour.
>>>
>>> So where would I put the code and can some one help with the code
>>> please.
>>> I think I would be using an if statement
>>>
>>> I have the code which will select over due components
>>> "<Date()-Weekday(Date(),0)+7 "
>>> and 2 fields names are
>>> orderNo
>>> Job
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Jon

0
Pat
2/7/2008 7:01:55 PM
ok thanks

> Conditional formatting did not exist in A97 so your eyes are not going
> bad. you need to change the colors in code. If you search the web or the
> MS knowledgebase, you might come across a method that involves placing
> controls with the different attributes and transparent backgrounds on top
> of each other.  Sorry, that's all I remember about the technique.  A97 was
> a fantastic version of Access but perhaps it is time to step up to A2003
> if you are not prepared to go all the way.
>

> "jon" <jon@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Pat
>>
>> I cant find the Conditional  Formatting .
>> I am using access 97 so I think that will make difference.
>> Do I need to make an event for a field?
>>
>> Jon
>>

>> "Pat Hartman" <please no email@aol.com> wrote in message
>>> For continuous forms or datasheet forms, you need to use the Conditional
>>> Formatting (found on the Format menu).  Use the same expression for all
>>> the fields if you wand all the fields to change color.
>>>
>>> "jon" <jon@nospam.com> wrote in message

0
jon

change text field to a check box
My database users want to change an existing text field over to a checkbox. Right now, users are entering "Complete" for finished work items, and the items are then transferred from the active table to the completed table. What they want to do now is just check a box for completed items and have the same result occur. How would I create the check box so this would occur? And how would I change the existing text fields in the workflow tables to check boxes? >>How would I create the check box so this would occur? You can not. You need to add a new field and then update...

Changing Font of Group Heading in Task View
How do I change the font size/type of a group heading in the Task window pane? I only want to change the group heading, not the rest of the tasks that fall under it. I believe that by default the entire heading row is shaded in blue, which is okay. Thanks. -- Richard Owen http://forums.slipstick.com ...

Can't get form to hide
I have a form "Authorizaton", which happens to be the autoexec form on my database that authenticates the user silently (checks the windows login name against a user table), then logs the user's entry in a log table. I want it to stay loaded, but invisible for the user's entire session. I can't seem to make it invisible. I tried to set the .visible property to false at design time, but it's not apparently availble at design time. I did set the .visible property to false in the "load" event event, though it didn't work in the "open" event...

MSCRM Bit Value in customized form
Hi Can anyone tell me how to make the lable text for a check box sit at teh right of the checkbox rather than the left. I have quite a lot of text to go with each check box and i cant seem to format it in any sensible way Thanks in advance ...

Trying to convert uppercase to lowercase text
Can someone help me? I am trying to convert uppercase text to Sentence case. I have seen the "proper" commnd but it doesn't seem to work. I must be doing something wrong. I am on Excell 97. Thanks. Joe, here is a macro that will do it -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 97 & 2000 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "Joe B" <j.bator@easternbk.com> wrote in message news:01c501c...

How to change the CEdit's caret?
Hi, I have an edit control for which I can change its font depending on a checkbox status. How can I change the caret back and forth depending on which font is set in the CEdit control? I appreciate any help. Thanks, Geo I don't think this is possible for a CEdit. If I were trying it, I'd subclass the CEdit and override the OnSetFocus/OnKillFocus, and do caret manipulations there, but at this point you're trying to deal with fooling the CEdit into doing what you want, and that is likely to be unsuccessful. joe On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 19:46:02 -0800, Geo <Geo@discuss...

User Form Coding
Hi All Could somebody look at my coding (below) I have a user form that makes appointsments by adding data to a booking sheet. That works fine. But I have also have a command button to open another form to cancel or reshedule the appointments. In order to find a client and the appointment details I use the below code. But I can't seem to get it to work. Any help please. Appoitment worksheet A..........B...........C................D......................E..........F........G.....H custID..Surname..First Name..Contact number..Salon..Date..Time..Treatment Bookings worksheet A..........B......

Move Form to edge of chart window
I am using some vba in excel to display different forms in different sheets. Workbook has one data entry sheet with a dedicated form. This I manage to select as I have info on the screen resolution even if it changes and by selecting a particlar cell I manage to move this form relative to this cell. The problem is that I have 2 other sheets that are both chart windows. For each chart window I have a dedicated form that shows up whenever I switch to that particular sheet. My problem lies witht the positioning of these 2 forms, since that chart windows have no cells to refer ...

Auto colour based on adjacent cell
How to set cell color automatically based on the color of another cell How does the first cell get coloured? By Conditional formatting or manually? If by conditional formatting then use he same conditin=ons to change the second cell. -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk "crapit" <biggercrap@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ul4qozZFJHA.3996@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > How to set cell color automatically based on the color of another cell > &g...

Changing default System Administrator email
Hi We have been running Exchange 5.5 for some time - however, we recently wanted to change the default email for System Administrator (the account used by Exchange when bouncing back undelivered mails). We thought that by changing the Exchange Administrator account emails, this would also be changed - however, it does not. Is there anywhere else we need to check to change the system admin email? Perhaps, in the registry settings?? Many thanks for your assistance. Kind regards, BRian http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;182010&Product=ech http://support.micro...

BCM: Change database location
I need to change the default database location and want to move the database files from C:\... to a folder on D:\. I have SQL Server 2000 installed on my machine but cannot access or change the database files of the MSDE. How can I do this? Thanks in advance Michael Michael <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to change the default database location and want > to move the database files from C:\... to a folder on > D:\. I have SQL Server 2000 installed on my machine but > cannot access or change the database files of the MSDE. How is this an Outlook ...

query two tables, changing font of changes?
Hi, I'm quite the novice, but is there a way to build a query to compare table a and table b and only return table a with the differences from b in red font? or something similar? (I am having to find the changes needed in a database by device sn, ex: location, ip address updates etc...) if I have two tables one being an extract from my db and one from all the new info, can i produce a "needed changes" query with red fonts representing the changes needed? I hope i wasn't too confusing.. Thanks! Michelle On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 16:45:01 -0800, michelle1...

Custom forms in outlook
Receiving the message "The form you selected cannot be displayed contact your admin." Basically the cache needs to be cleared before the form will display. They have a hotfix for this on outlook 2003 which works (art #833856). However I'm also experiencing the issue in Outlook 2002 (art #305403). I have tried the reg hack and have the latest service packs all to no avail. We are running Windows XP with Office XP on dell machines. Anyone have any ideas? Outlook 2002 SP3 is somewhat subject to the same problem. You didn't say where the form is published. -- Su...

Text wrap-- picture shrinkage?
I have a picture that I have text next to. I want the text to stay about 24 points away from the outside of the picture. When I choose what I think is the correct option, my picture shrinks 24 points away from the INSIDE of the picture box - thus distorting the picture. How do I create that space on the OUTSIDE of the picture box? Thanks. (using vers. 2000) Change the text box properties rather than the picture. Right-click the text box, click change frame, click text frame properties. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.c...

Adding an image to a form in run time
I have an application which enables the user to enter the parameters of a new project, which will help size the project and estimate a cost. As part of the application, I want to add an image of the finished product. I've ried every combinatin of controls: image, bound & unbound objects, but have not found the solution. The ideal situation would be to have a default image on the form, with a button that would trigger code to allow the user to browse for a different picture, and replace the original. It could be a link relationship to the picture, but the application i...

Interesting Problem with form validation
I have a form for data entry and use validators to validate some of the fields. I am having a problem with one part of this form. I have a series of checkboxes (checkboxlist) that when a user clicks on one it populates a readonly textbox with a value. I also have another seperate checkbox that also adds a value to that same textbox. I have a requiredfieldvalidator that validates the textbox. That functionality seems to work fine until I try to submit the form. If I check any of the checkboxes in the checkbox list the form submits. If I only check the other stand-alone checkbo...

Moving between pages of tabs in a form
Hi there I have created a form which has 5 tab pages. I want to create an event in which I can preview the results of the five tabs by first viewing the first page, then the second, third, and so on. I'm not sure how to do this. Essentially, I want to be able to see whether all 5 pages have been filled correctly. Thank you in advance. Hi, I am confused. How does what you want to do differ from just clicking on each of the tabs in succession? Clifford Bass forest8 wrote: >Hi there > >I have created a form which has 5 tab pages. &...

Be able to enter text in TextBox
I have made some TextBoxes using the VBA. but are not able to enter text into them afterwards. I get the message: Reference is not valid. How can I make this possible Thanks Post the code used to create them. "SOSK" <anonym@diskusjoner.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26E68D4B-884A-431B-8880-E1F011E64784@microsoft.com... > I have made some TextBoxes using the VBA. but are not able to enter text into them afterwards. I get the message: Reference is not valid. How can I make this possible? > > Thanks The textboxes are created using the design view and they have...

Can I change the appearance ?
I hate the way Outlook XP looks. Can I change the appearance to look like Outlook 2000 ? -Thanks ...

Tracking Changes Column Limit
I have an excel document with a large merged cell box in it. I am tracking changes which works fine for smaller cells but it seems that if the merged cell has more then a certain number of characters (assuming 255) the History sheet just truncates the cell info. Is there a way to either change the History sheet to wrap the tracked changes or increase the column width the hold all of the information that changed? Try inserting an Alt+Enter every 80-100 characters. BWR232 wrote: > I have an excel document with a large merged cell box in it. I am tracking > changes whic...

"The custom form could not be opened" message in Outlook 2003
I have 3 users out of 10 who get “The custom form could not be opened. Outlook will use an Outlook form instead" message when they try to open an “OFT” file. They are all running Win XP & Office 2003. All PC have the latest Microsoft updates. This problem started to occur after running the Microsoft updates. I have tried: Clearing the Outlook Forms Cache, by hitting “Clear Cache” button in Tools/Options/Other/Advanced Options/Custom Forms/Manage Forms. I've renaming C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\local settings\application data\microsoft\forms\FRMCACHE.DAT I’v...

Forcing Text Import Wizard to run
Is there any way that I can force the Text Import Wizard to run when opening a file, from the command line, in Excel? We have a program that outputs .rpt files, which are comma delimited, and I have added a file association to open them in Excel. Unfortunately they then open with all data in one column. I know I can change the extension to .txt, but then each file has to be opened from within outlook. I want to be able to double click the file and open excel automatically, with the Import Text Wizard started. I want to modify the file association configuration to force the text wizard to run. ...

Changing TN and TX
I have Office 2007 When I type TN (for Tennessee) excel and outlook change it to TEN and when I type TX (for Texas) excel and outlook change it to TAX. When I email the same excel file to another person, they do not have this problem. Fix your Autocorrect listing for "TX" Pirate wrote: > I have Office 2007 > > When I type TN (for Tennessee) excel and outlook change it to TEN and when I > type TX (for Texas) excel and outlook change it to TAX. > > When I email the same excel file to another person, they do not have this > problem. ...

Formula to strip figures from cells text strings
I'm trying to write a cell formula that strips figures from cells text strings & totals them into one cell. The figures will always have a decimal. For example: Cell A5 has a text string "924 Social 9.78" Cell B5 has a text string "984 163.94 981 7.84" Cell C5 has a text string "920 Kitchen 7.86 Cell D5 has a text string :988 Youth 42.46 Need to arrive a the total amount of 231.88 in cell E5 (9.78+163.94+7.84+7.86+42.46)-do not include the non-decimal figures 924, 984, etc. Any ideas? Thanks for all your help. mikeburg -- mikeburg --------------...

How do I format a long number fields as text in an Excel .CSV file
I am creating an Excel .csv text file with a program and I am trying to format a field that contains about 20 numbers as a text filed. When I open the .csv file with Excell that column does not show correctly. It appears that Excel is trying to treat it as a number. It tried bounding the field with double quotes and that doesn't seem to make a difference. The filed still shows up with an "E" towards the right end of the filed that I can't make go away. Cyber, It's probably happening when you open the csv file with Excel, not when the file was written. Open t...