Change system message

When you have a combo box where you must choose something from a list and the
list to list property is set to Yes the message that comes up is "The text
you entered isn't an item in the list.  Select an item from the list, or
enter text that matches one of the listed items"  I would like to personalize
that message based on the control (this so I can change the message depending
on the control - different control different message).  Is there a way to do
this?  Thanks.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Sarah, use something like this in the NotInList event for the combobox:

Private Sub Combo10_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As Integer)
    MsgBox "  You must enter valid data .", vbOKOnly, "  G O O D   D A T A
R E Q U I R E D  "
        Me.Undo
        Response = acDataErrContinue
End Sub

UpRider

"Sarah at DaVita" <sarah.petterson@davita.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message
> When you have a combo box where you must choose something from a list and
> the
> list to list property is set to Yes the message that comes up is "The text
> you entered isn't an item in the list.  Select an item from the list, or
> enter text that matches one of the listed items"  I would like to
> personalize
> that message based on the control (this so I can change the message
> depending
> on the control - different control different message).  Is there a way to
> do
> this?  Thanks.

0
UpRider
9/11/2007 2:49:06 AM
On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 08:38:01 -0700, Sarah at DaVita
<sarah.petterson@davita.com.(donotspam)> wrote:

>When I put this is the form ignors it and the other message still appears.  I
>put it on the control where the incorrect data can be entered.

Be sure the combo's Limit to List property is set to Yes.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
9/11/2007 6:26:12 PM
Sarah:
Open the form in design view.
Press F4 to get the property sheet
Click on your combo box
On the property sheet, click the EVENT tab
In the line for 'on not in list', drop down and choose 'EVENT PROCEDURE'
Click on the ... (3 dots)
A code window will open with the cursor just were it needs to be.
The cursor will be between 2 lines of code.
Paste the below 3 lines there:

MsgBox "You must enter valid data ."
Me.Undo
Response = acDataErrContinue

Close the code window, go to form view and try it.

> When I put this is the form ignors it and the other message still appears.
> put it on the control where the incorrect data can be entered.
> ??????
>
> "UpRider" wrote:
>
>> Sarah, use something like this in the NotInList event for the combobox:
>>
>> Private Sub Combo10_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As Integer)
>>     MsgBox "  You must enter valid data .", vbOKOnly, "  G O O D   D A T
>> R E Q U I R E D  "
>>         Me.Undo
>>         Response = acDataErrContinue
>> End Sub
>>
>> UpRider
>>
>> "Sarah at DaVita" <sarah.petterson@davita.com.(donotspam)> wrote in
>> message
>> > When you have a combo box where you must choose something from a list
>> > and
>> > the
>> > list to list property is set to Yes the message that comes up is "The
>> > text
>> > you entered isn't an item in the list.  Select an item from the list,
>> > or
>> > enter text that matches one of the listed items"  I would like to
>> > personalize
>> > that message based on the control (this so I can change the message
>> > depending
>> > on the control - different control different message).  Is there a way
>> > do
>> > this?  Thanks.

0
UpRider

Test Message
13/01/2010 16:19:28 ...

Error Message #31
One of my spreadsheets will not open. I get an error message that says: Program error. what causes this and can I retrieve my spreadsheet? But other workbooks will open ok? If yes, the first thing I'd do is try to find a voluteer that could try to open it on their pc. If that didn't work, sometimes you can recover your file by opening in saving in a later version of excel. Other times, openoffice can open files that excel can't. http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD Firefli wrote: > > One of my spreadsheets will not open. I get an error message that...

Message "class not registered" opening sheet with macros Excel 97
I have created a document with Macros and is password protected. I have sent it to several people who are able to use it - the one who can't is using Excel 97 SP2. They are getting error message "class not registered" - could it be the version they are using and how do I make sure they are able to use it. This could simply be a version issue if you developed on a later version and used controls from that versions object libraries. You should always use the lowest version to develop on. If this is not the case look in the VBE on the faulty machine and check tools>ref...

Changing which database Business Portal points to
If I install Business Portal 2.5 (GP) and point it to our Great Plains development server with an old Dynamics database, once we decide to take it live, how do I go back and point it to the live Great Plains server? Is this something that can only be done during the installation? Let me preface my response by saying I only have experience with BP 3.0.... In BP 3.0 several tables are created in the Dynamics database to support the various BP functions. Unless you plan to move or copy those tables you will probably have to reinstall BP 2.5 in order to have them created. Our attempt to cop...

Changing Titles by a formula
From cell A1:A10 I have standard titles that are linked to another sheet. I only need to change the office and date per each title. Is thier a way to do that making the office and date a formula in another cell? example of title ABC Comp, Office 38L Sales as of 6/07/2004 I need to only keep changeing the 38L and date. Any suggestions----Thanks Say Office # is in Column 'C' in cell A1: ="ABC Comp, Office "&C1&" Sales as of "&Today() ----- Heather wrote: ----- From cell A1:A10 I have standard titles that are linked to ...

error messages
Every time I use my email, I get an error message that I need to close and send report to microsoft. I have tried the process of eliminationg add-ons and remove third party addons . I have also ran the complete scan to locate the problem but the problem still exists. "Cottontop" <Cottontop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE8C3F3F-FD22-4D34-9A8E-48C23567FFAD@microsoft.com... > Every time I use my email, I get an error message that I need to close and > send report to microsoft. I have tried the process of eliminationg > add-ons >...

Unable to send a message, its been trying for 24hrs #2
I have been tring to send an email that contains a photo, for the past 24hrs. it wont send. all I am able to see is "cannot open this file, Outlook has already begun transmission. It wont even let me delete the message http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, tillybird asked: | I have been tring to send an email that contains a photo, for the | past ...

i want send these messages absolutly
Send all my messages, thanks No problem, will get them off first thing Monday. jacques;1652986 Wrote: > Send all my messages, thanks -- VistaRookie 10% of my brain lives with me. The other 90% can be found here: '*Google*' (http://www.google.com) Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com What messages? Spam messages? You will get thousands of spam messages as soon as you post your email address. The only way anyone knows however where to send messages to is if they have your email address. "jacques" <jacques@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

can't change/delete bills and deposits
suddenly one day i realized that when i tried to change a bill, i could click "ok" but nothing would happen. I thought it was because i upgraded to 2004, so i deleted the bills and rescheduled. about 5 of the bills will not delete either. the error message is: "Money could not write to your Money file. The operation could not be performed or another application finished this task before you. Please try again." Now some of the newly scheduled bills will not allow me to change the properties, i click ok but nothing happens when i edit the series. I have repaired ...

Outlook 2007: When i Save a New Rule outlook Change it automatically...
Hi people! I have this problem with Outlook 2007. I have 15 e-mails addresses in my outlook, but i can=B4t create the rules for send all the received mails to each emails folder. Example: I want to create a simple rule that move all the e-mail that i get from "example1@example1.com" to the folder "Inbox/ example1@example1.com". When i create the rule, all works fine, i select the correct e-mail account name, the correct destination folder, etc... but when I hit the SAVE button in rules window, Outlook 2007 changes the account automatically to another one. Not automatically...

Change Row/Column Height & Width
I know I should be able to automatically set a row height to the max necessary by hovering the cursor between the 2 rows I want to adjust and double-clicking, but sometimes this doesn't always work. Why is that that - do I need to adjust a setting? And is there any way to set it so that if text is added or deleted the row height would change automatically so thatthe text fit appropriately? Set the row format to Autofit and cells to Wrap Text Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 19 May 2009 12:14:04 -0700, DaveL <DaveL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know I should be ...

Changing Functional Currency #4
Try to change the functional currency to Z-CNY. ERROR = Activity for this currency already exist. Finance made 2 GL transactions. Can we remove the transactions (Tools >> Utilities >> Financial >> Remove History) or (File >> Maintenance >> Clear Data ) then change the functional currency? Which tables should I remove history or clear data. Can someone on the board help us? regards, Once you process a transaction, you are stuck with the functional currency. I have not seen a table fix for this problem on the board. Consider creating a new database an...

Change default "SaveAs" to *.msg rather than *.html
Hi!, Using Outlook 03, I regularly need to save emails and prefer to save as *.msg so the attachments are contained within the one file. How can you change the default SaveAs command to Save as Type in a *.msg format (rather than *.html) so the type is already *.msg without having to use the pull down? Thank you Troy Outlook provides no way to change that. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "TroyB" <boeky72@hotmail.com>...

Why can't I send email messages with Trial Outlook 2007?
I have a new HP laptop that came with the 60 day trial of Office'07. I receive email but the send/reply/compose functions are grayed out. I am certain my settings are correct. Why can't I send email? KK What happens when you use the Test Account Settings? What is the exact error message you get? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, KK asked: | I have a new HP laptop that came with the 60 day...

change column name from letters to numbers?
I'm importing a 3rd party CSV file into Excel and then comparing some of the contents to a printed spec. Each numbered field in the spec corresponds to a column in the work sheet. I'd like to change the column headers from letters to numbers. Is that possible? Tools-->Options, General tab. Check the R1C1 Reference Style. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Jerry" <jerry@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:OoyPef$eFHA.3048@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I'm importing a 3rd party CSV file into Excel and then comparing ...

Unable to deliver the message due to a recipient problem #3
Hi can anybody help. I check with varies newsgroup but to no scucess. like for example below When you send mail to an X.400 personal address book (PAB) entry or one-off address, you may receive the following non-delivery report (NDR):... However, this one-off entryis not active in our server. ...

Re:Help with verifying the signature of enveloped -message using x509 certificates.
Re:Help with verifying the signature of enveloped -message using x509 certificates. Hey Friends, I have an xml given by our partner trying to integrating with us and i have their certificate with public key installed in both personal and trusted people folders. when i am using the following code to check the signature of message signed by my certificate i am able to verify the signature but when i am trying to check the signature of the message of our partner using the same following code i am not able to verify the message. the message sent by our partner is right below the code.I wou...

Changing of range (Address) to (Cell)
Hi people I have encounter a problem with the use of range From a recorded macro, it's listed this way ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Trend").Range("A1:M2,A24:M28"), PlotBy:=xlRow And I edit it to this way ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Trend").Range("A1:M2," & Cells(StartX, StartY), Cells(LastX, LastY)), PlotBy:=xlRow And obviously VBA compiler won't let me go this easily, it happen to give an "evil-comment" on my source range, May i know how can i solve this Thank You Hi Kaiyang, Try this, assuming the...

Net change and percentage of change
Hi, I have a list of parts that have had price increases. One column has the old price the other has the new price. I need to show the difference, whether it is positive or negative and the percentage of the increase or decrease. The difference is not a problem. The problem lies in calculating the percentage. I don't how to do that. Can someone tell me? Thanks, Richard =(B1-A1)/B1 "Richard" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a list of parts that have had price increases. One column has the old > price the other has the new price. I need to show the difference, whethe...

Changing Average Cost GP 9.0 Error
When we try to change the average cost information for an item per the documentation, (tools >> utilities >> inventory >> change average cost), we get this message. "Use the Inventory Adjust Costs window to change the cost of one or more reciepts. The average cost of an item is recalculated when teh changes are proceses" We would like to change it without using the Inventory Adjust Costs window because there are no recent purchases and receipts of the particular item in question Would anyone have any suggestions? The average cost is the aver...

message routing problem !!!!!!!!1
Currently we are running our exchange 5.5 servers in our environment, we have 3 locations and all locations use same e-mail domain, all these locations have seprate NT 4 Domains not joined in a single domain but we can email to all of our locations using same e-mail domain and users in other locations are actually external recepients Now we are willing to upgrade our NT 4 domain environment to windows server 2000 domain and exchange server 2003 but we are facing a problem that we can't mail to users in other locations like we were doing in exchange 5.5 by making them external r...

Microsoft Office Icons Change...
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I changed the basic icons that came with the office programs, but once I use one of the programs such as Word, the icon changes back to the default one. Even after I quit the program it stays as the default icon. Only when I manually change it does it use the new (better looking) icons I have, but only if I haven't used the program before.... Any ideas? On 6/25/09 2:07 AM, in article 59b7718d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "grantbiz@officeformac.com" <grantbiz@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2...

I get 2 message boxes
Hi I have the following code which runs when I open a second form... it works great but unfortunately I get a second system message box as well as my own custom box what have I missed out? can anyone help many thanks in advance : Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) If Me.Recordset.RecordCount = 0 Then Cancel = True MsgBox "There are no records to display." End If End Sub What system message are you getting? What version of Access are you using? "Dic_nutana" <Dicnutana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C862326-FCDF-45C8-BEFB-7333227C61B...