Change opening postion /Form

From my Main Form I have a control that open a smaller form overtop of main
Form, It always opens in the middle of my Main Form, can I reposition it to
open higher on my Main Form,
Thanks for any Help.....Bob

0
Bob
8/5/2007 11:13:29 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Mon, 6 Aug 2007 11:13:29 +1200, Bob V wrote:

> From my Main Form I have a control that open a smaller form overtop of main
> Form, It always opens in the middle of my Main Form, can I reposition it to
> open higher on my Main Form,
> Thanks for any Help.....Bob

Look up the MoveSize method in VBA help.

DoCmd.MoveSize 2 *1440, 3 * 1440
will position a form 2 inches from the left edge of the screen and 3
inches down from the top.
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

First Try at Creating a User Form
I have exhausted my search abilities to find an answer to what should be a simple question. I created a user form that pretty much duplicates the built in Data Form. The major difference is that it does not contain all of the fields in the data base -- just a few of them and it doesn't have all of the controls only a Next and Previous control as well a Close. The form is just what I want but I can't figure out how to get it to display the values of the fields when I open it. That is the first problem.. I want it, like the built in form, to show the values of fields for each recor...

Cannot open Microsoft Office Outlook
Can someone please help??? I'm having problems opening microsoft office outlook... I need it to backup the contacts from my PDA mobile phone. I've not used outlook on my laptop before. I use outlook express to send and recieve emails normally. when I called my mobile phone company, they told me that I need to have microsoft office outlook to backup my contacts. my problem is this, when I try and open microsoft outlook, this is the message that comes up. 1. "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable" Then i have to press "Work offline" button and the ne...

Changing Front End Back End Connection Through VBA
Hi, In a form in the front-end the location of the backend is mentioned. (this is the result of a dlookup from a table that holds the locations of all backends; user chooses which backend to connect to) How can I define that when the user clicks a connect button, all the tables in the front end are connected to the back end which is chosen? Thnx for your help! hi Rishi, On 04.02.2010 12:12, Rishi wrote: > How can I define that when the user clicks a connect button, all the tables > in the front end are connected to the back end which is chosen? http://www.mvps.o...

Book1 changes itself?
I have used XL97 on Windows 2000 for a long time. Just lately, XL has changed its behaviour, and I can't work out why. There are 2 problems, but they didn't start at the same time. 1. If I open XL and then immediately close it again, without doing anything, it asks me do I want to save the changes to Book1? What changes to Book1? 2. Whenever I start XL, re-calculation is set to manual. This is true even if I finish the previous session by re-setting the previous spreadsheet to automatic re-calculation and saving it. I tried saving different versions of Book1.xlt and in the end I del...

changing default language
I have the French version of office x, but my French is not as good as my English. I have a difficult time reading some of the options such as file, edit, view, etc. I was hoping there was some way to change the language to English. I don't know if this would mean changing some setting or uninstalling and reinstalling. Please help me. Thanks. In article 37b5ebd9.0410201526.7b053dd@posting.google.com, Brian Blanchette at bblanchette@cox.net wrote on 10/20/04 16:26: > I have the French version of office x, but my French is not as good as > my English. I have a difficult time readi...

How change dimensions of data label text box in pie chart?
In Excel 2003, I can't seem to re-shape the data labels text boxes in my pie chart. I can change the font and allignment of the text within the text box. But, if the text defaults onto two or three lines, I cannot stretch the text box out to get the text to stay on one line. Normally, you can pull on the the little handles on the text box. Is there a trick to this that I don't know about? This is a deficiency in Excel's charting capabilities. The text elements seem like regular text boxes, but you are unable to resize or reshape them. Even VBA can't do this. The workar...

I want to change a "No" to a "Yes" i
I have a work sheet that if on page 2 the cell says No, then on page 1 it says Yes and if on page 2 the cell is Yes then on page 1 it is No? What formula do I use, and how do I cereat it without getting a circle error? You need to define, "the cell". Which / Worksheet / cell(s), specifically? You also need to define, "it". Which Worksheets / cell(s), specifically, do you mean by this? "Circuitman57" wrote: > I have a work sheet that if on page 2 the cell says No, then on page 1 it > says Yes and if on page 2 the cell is Yes then on pa...

Opening Mail Attachment
This is a minor issue but when I am confronted with an e-mail attachment the 'Opening Mail Attachment' box is displayed. The 'Always ask before opening this type of file' is always grayed out. How do I change that? And 'Save it to disk' is always checked and I rarely save it to disk, I just want to open it. Can I change that as well? Thanks, DH There's some attachment advice for OL2002 here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "Dave Horne" <dave.horne@home.nl> wrote in message news:eej9vlKjHHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... ...

Set default application to open some kind of file
Hi group, How can i set the system to open all .doc files with word?: Thanks, Rodolfo Fontes Get Info (Command-I) on a .doc file. Set the default to open with Microsoft Word. Now all .doc files should open into Word when double-clicked. -Mark "Rodolfo Fontes" <rodolfofontes@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:OxsCGSdcFHA.2696@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi group, > > How can i set the system to open all .doc files with word?: > > Thanks, > Rodolfo Fontes > ...

cannot open .xls files
Dear all, I am using MS Office XP. I am experiencing a problem when opening .xls files by double-click on them. After I double-click the files, the Excel problem is running but there is no .xls file opened. Although I can still open the file with command open in Excel, it is uncomfortable that double-click is not working. Can anyone tell me how to solve the problem? Thank you in advance. Best Regards, Thomas This is a multipost. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Thomas Lau" <thomaslau@FAKE.hotmail....

always come up "dialog box open"and ask me to close.but i don't k.
when i want to close or want to write new letter,always come up"dialog box open" and i can not do any thing See if this applies to you; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/118 If not, try to be a bit more descriptive and include some configuration info in your post for us to work with. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "papawadi" <papawadi@discussions...

Cannot open a pub file
I created a file in publisher 2007 and have been adding to file several times. I tried to open the file today to continue adding more text to it and suddenly I find that I can not longer open the file. I also tried publisher 2003 and 2007 in another computer with the same result. Please help! Are you using the same printer? How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198256 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "C Wong" <C Wong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10CA349A-4FB5-426E-9BA3-...

CultureInfo changed on Callback threads?
Basic scenario -Winforms client calling an asp.net web service on Windows X Problem: When I perform an async web service call from a winform client, my Thread.CurrentCulture and Thread.CurrentUICulture are changed from the initiating thread's culture Some code Set all the Cultures to a different culture static void Main() Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = new CultureInfo("fi-FI") Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = new CultureInfo("fi-FI") Application.CurrentCulture = new CultureInfo("fi-FI") Application.Run(new SomeForm()) Make an Async web...

need to get form property
hi, this is probably a very easy solution but I can't figure it out. I have Form A (frm_ARCall), subForm B (sfrm_ARCallInv) and Form C. From Form C, I want to change the Record Source property of subform B. I have tried many things but they have all failed. The latest is: Forms![frm_ARCall]![sfrm_ARCallInv]![Form].[RecordSource] = "fqry_ttARCallInv" NOTE: This line of code is on Form C which is a subform on another form (Form D). Please help -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201002/1 t...

Works 9 Word Processor Opening Older files
Hi I have Vista Home Premium and Works 9 Suite I am unable to open older Word documents in Works 9, I believe they are Word 2003 files. Message says 'there is not enough memory to open file' This is a new pc and has more than enough memory to open an 88kb document so it must be a conversion problem but what and how I resolve it is a mystery to me. I have tried opening in Wordpad and Notepad and although I can see some words that are in the document it is not readable. Any suggestions please? Did you install the Word component of Works Suite or ...

Creating a simple form in Outlook 2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C3FAEF.C4CC0AA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can someone walk me through how I would set up a simple form in Outlook, = that when sent, the form would be in active visual mode when received by = a recipient? I don't find the help very helpful. I.e.... how about as an example it would ask the question "What day = would be best for you:". To the right of that I would like a simple drop = down menu that would have the choices Monday to ...

Outlook refuses to open
I try to open OUTLOOK but it refuses to open I uninstall the Office suite and install it again but the outlook still does not work.PLEASE .........HELP.... GREEK ANGEL Are you getting any errors? Do you see the splash screen? What Version of Outlook? -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Greek Angel" <coldenangel@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8DA08ECC-4A76-4083-BA6E-F8E0DF3330FC@microsoft.com... I try to open OUTLOOK but it refuses to open. I uninstall the Office suite and install it again but the outlook still does not work.PLEASE .........HELP..... GREEK ANGEL I'...

Word 2003: Possible to Use both Forms and Tracked Changes Protect
I've not been able to figure out a way to protect a document so that one section is protected for filling in forms only, and another section is protected in tracked changes mode. I want to create better contract templates for use by our sales teams (thus the forms protection - they can only fill in the gray fields and not alter other sections of the template), while allowing our clients to made modifications to the terms in the subsequent pages. I find Word protection features very limited. Hopefully it's better in 2007. Thank you. A document can only have one type ...

Can I have a Dialog Box pop up when opening a word document?
I have a document that when a person opens it that a dialog box come up to tell the person to Stop someone is working on this account. You could put the following macro in the document Sub AutoOpen() MsgBox "Stop! Someone is working on this account." End Sub However, if the macro security is set to high, the macro will automatically be deleted and if it is set to medium, the user will be asked if they want to allow the macro to run. The other issue is that this would run whenever the document is opened, whether or not someone else had it opened. -- Hope...

how to make outlook go to a different folder (then inbox) when opened or tabbed
Does any one know how to make outlook point to some personal folder when it opens and when coming back from the calendar? Thanks, Reuven. Tools->Options->Other->Advanced->When starting Outlook... --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, reuven.sa@gmail.com asked: | Does any one know how to make outlook point to some personal folder | when it opens and when coming back from...

Can't open hyperlink in emails
Using Outlook for emails. If I click on a hyperlink in an incoming email, it won't open. It's a standalone PC not on a network. What do I need to do to open hyperlinks in emails? Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >Using Outlook for emails. If I click on a hyperlink in >an incoming email, it won't open. It's a standalone PC >not on a network. What do I need to do to open >hyperlinks in emails? Thanks. >. > Found the answer...It's in Microsoft's Knowledge Base Article 310049. But I had to Google with keywords to get an outside we...

How do I change the default directory for Publisher 2003?
My c: drive was short on space after I upgraded to Office 2003 so I moved the clip art to a separate drive. No linking problems with Word, XP, etc - just Publisher where I really USE clip art! How can I tell Publisher that my clip art - and ALL pictures - are on a different drive? On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 21:25:03 +0000, The Kat wrote (in article <93A63632-5792-4B19-A2F5-99EE5260C3FB@microsoft.com>): > My c: drive was short on space after I upgraded to Office 2003 so I moved the > clip art to a separate drive. No linking problems with Word, XP, etc - just > Publisher where ...

How to change 'Address List Name' Property from a MailEnabled Public Folder?
I want to change the 'Address List Name' Property of my MailEnabled Public Folder from 'Same as folder name' to 'Use this name', but i found no Property or Method. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2000/maintain/ex2kwsh.mspx With the attached Script i can modify SMTP Adress and Alias, but not the Address List Name Entry for the Addressbook. Who can help? ' ------------ Dim strURLOpen Dim strURLItem Dim objMailRecipient Dim objConnection Dim objRecord Dim objFolder Const adModeReadWrite = 3 Const adOpenIfExists = &H2000000 Const adCreateC...

Options for Accept Changes -- 2007
I'm a newbie in Word 2007 (just changed over from 2003 on Monday). So far, I'm not impressed. (Okay, I'm not favorably impressed.) On the review ribbon, the default option for the Accept check mark is "Accept and Move To Next." Is there any way to change that default to simply "Accept Change"? 99.9% of the time, I want to accept a change AND STAY RIGHT WHERE I AM. I don't want to jump several pages and then try to figure out where I was. While I'm at it, Shift-F5 doesn't seem to work to take me back to where I was. Is there another ...

access to excel form analysis access 2007
Hello In access 2003 i coould analyse forms in excel but in 2007 the is no function can this still be done! ...