change Data Type in a table with one click

I'm making this database for other users.
They just have to import an Excel file in to the Access and it has to print
a report. By clicking a button, this will run a macro to run a query on the
table and change amounts and filter records. Then has to link another table
to get a specific card number for the matching name. But the column of the
imported file is text and it has to be linked or match a column with data
type number. How can I also automate the Datatype of the table from text to
number (long integer)?

Please help...

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Excel Pivot Table Creator Issue
Hi all, I'm unable to Export to Excel my pivot table created in the Excel Pvot Table Creator. I select my dimensions, measures, rows, and data then hit the Excel button. I keep getting the following error: Unhandled object exception: Initialization of the data source failed.Check the database server or contact your database administrator. Make sure the external database is available, and then try the operation again. If you see this message again, create a new data source to connect to the database. Any ideas? Are SQL Analysis Services running? Were all the server setup steps com...

Getting Data Shapes to Work with Custom Stencils
I imported a picture and saved it as a shape. Then I linked data from a SQL database. I can get the data to show up in the Shape Date, but I can't get a Data Graphic to appear. Note that I can get Data Graphics to work with out of the box shapes in the same drawing - just not the custom picture. Tried in both Visio 2007 and 2010 Beta. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance. ...

Change the working directory for a MFC application
I am trying to change the working directory of a MFC application after the application execution begins. Chdir or setcurrentdirectory doesnot work for a MFC application. Can anyone suggest how i can do this? Thanks, - Akila. Akila wrote: > I am trying to change the working directory of a MFC application after > the application execution begins. > > Chdir or setcurrentdirectory doesnot work for a MFC application. > > Can anyone suggest how i can do this? > > Thanks, > - Akila. > SetCurrentDirectory does work for a MFC application. If it doesn't seem ...

Multiple Business relations for One Quotation
Is there a way to "Link" quotations for one job to more than one business relation (i.e. One job with 3 differant bidders)? Similar to the "Alternative Quotations" but with the quotation name not the business relation. ...

Standard Cost Changes Screen
I'm trying to enter a proposed standard cost on a finished good item but the Proposed Standard Cost Field is greyed out. Cards >> Manufacturing >> Inventory >> Standard Cost Changes. Any ideas as to why it's Greyed Out, and how can I fix this? regards, davidv Is the Bill of Materil a "Phantom" item? "tintin91" wrote: > I'm trying to enter a proposed standard cost on a finished good item but the > Proposed Standard Cost Field is greyed out. > > Cards >> Manufacturing >> Inventory >> Standard Cost Changes. &...

MS Excel file extension changed through e-mail
MS Excel .xlsx files sent as attachments are received without the x, as a .xls instead. The same is true for MS Word .docx changed to .doc Answered in the Word group. Please don't post the same question in multiple groups. It not only causes responders to waste their time replying to questions that have already been answered but it also makes it more difficult for you to follow up on the replies. If it truly is an issue that involves more than one app either post to the Office group rather than the individual groups or use a newsreader rather than the web interface & learn to ...

How to Arrange Data for Chart
I charted the following data in a clustered column chart. Level 1 Level 2 Level 3 Level 4 FY07 - Total 167 23 20 43 81 FY08 - Total 178 22 40 26 90 These are total department errors segregated by levels for each fiscal year. There are 3 different departments involved. What I did was just total the errors for each FY and each level. Now my boss wants to see how many errors were performed within each level by Dept A, Dept B and Dept C and compare the 2 fiscal years. I hope I’m explaining...

Cannot change account type.
I have an HSA with a credit union that is updated online, I want to have it listed under the Investment Accounts instead of Bank Accounts. The option to change the account type is greyed out with the message "...online-enable account cannot be changed" Was there a question here? I think the message you got tells you about three fourths of the problem. The final fourth that the first three fourths prevents you from getting to is that an Investment Account and a Bank Account are fundamentally different types--one holds Investments, the other holds cash--so a change from one ...

Combine multiple rows into one row with multiple columns
Hi, I have a table set up so that there are three columns: StudyID, DrawDate, and Value. StudyID and DrawDate are the primary key. I want to create a table from this one that has only one row for each StudyID so that it would go from: StudyID DrawDate Value to StudyID DrawDate1 Value1 DrawDate2 Value2 DrawDate3 Value3 etc. Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Elysia "Elysia Larson" <elysia.larson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:832e952f-174f-489f-ab7a-e2189f660a92@f6g2000vbp.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a...

Add Word and change format
1) Let say colomn A is a product codes, such as "PK0021", "UQ05P8", etc...Now I want add a "Z" in front the codes. To be "ZPK0021, ZUQ05P8". What's the faster way in case I got thousand of codes? 2) In my colomn B is such code as "18-521-65, 18-81-84, 18-1112-65" and etc. Now I would like to make it to be standard to 4 digit for the middle number to be "18-0521-65, 18-0081-84, 18-1112-65" ... As the same senario as above, I got more than thousand of such codes... What's the faster way? Kelvin The first could be done wi...

Calculated field in pivot table #4
I'm running Excel 2002. I'm unable to create a calculated field in a pivot table. I right-clicked on a cell in the table but I don't get the "Insert Calculated Field" window on my drop-down list. Do I need an Add-On? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any help. On the PivotTable toolbar, choose PivotTable>Formulas>Calculated Field Dan wrote: > I'm running Excel 2002. I'm unable to create a calculated field in a pivot > table. I right-clicked on a cell in the table but I don't get the "Insert > Calculated Field" window on my ...

Returns Mgmt Do Not Require Invoice Item Number for RMA Types.
Do not require invoice item number (or at least make it clear it is required on the screen). We want to enable zero dollar invoices for even exchanges, but don't want to create a bunch of zero dollar invoices for nothing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message...

Get $500 to your PAYPAL Account by just one CLICK #2

Serious performance issues when changing roles
Just a heads-up: don't change roles during times of heavy user activity or you may have severe performance issues. When you change a role, the MSCRMSEcurityService evidently kicks off a massive job that updates the securitydescriptor field in every record of every major object. Last time I did this, it attempted to obtain a table lock, and as a result, brought my system to its knees. The process was trying to update 46000+ rows from the annotationbase table (you can see this by looking at the last SQL command for the process that is blocking other processes). Evidently bec...

Change Withdrawal/Deposit to Transfer
Hi folks. How do you change a transaction that's already been recorded from a Withdrawal or Deposit to a Transfer? Thanks. Dave I'm assuming you are using Transaction Forms. Most people who have used Money for a long time would advise just turning them off. You can also change the category to Transfer: or one of the Expense categories. There is also For a WD -> Transfer switch the Transfer seems Options|Change Transaction To. <bvdesk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175621813.359866.84060@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi folks. How do you change a transaction...

Users and Asset Data linked on Form
Hello everyone, I have two tables, one a Staff list and the other an Asset list extracted from seperate databases, the information in the tables has absolutely no common data, I have a form with the user name and other bits and pieces on from the staff list and also a drop down list of all asset numbers which I can then select the appropiate asset number from then, that asset number and other details I would like to be associated to that user. I have tried, I have done this in the past about 4 years ago but I cannot remember any of it! Any help would most appreciated Cheers David David, T...

Multiple instances of product in one order.
For an example, I have been using MS Northwind example. One problem I have run into is adding the same item twice in an order. I am keeping track of time in my database. For instance, Project1 might be from 8:00AM to 12PM, then Project2 from 12PM to 3PM, then Project1 again from 3PM to 5PM. If you try to add the same product in the sample Northwind database, it comes up with the same error. I know the reason it is coming up is because it has to have its own primary key and cannot duplicate. How should I go around this so I can add the same "product" in the same order?...

How do I change the text size in a drop down box
I am using excel 2003. It seems to default to 10pts. Changing the size in the source list or the default in the general tab did not change the size. ...

Row Grand Totals in Pivot Tables?
I'm working in Excel 2007 and I can't seem to see my row grand totals in my pivot table. I can see the grand totals on the columns, but no rows. Any ideas? Hi adodson See if the article at http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/pivottbls/gtotal_col2007.php does what you want. Regards, Pedro J. > I'm working in Excel 2007 and I can't seem to see my row grand totals in my > pivot table. I can see the grand totals on the columns, but no rows. Any > ideas? Yeah, that is what I would expect it to do too. However, I set that option and don't receive the total. ...

How do I put Excel data into a US map format?
I want to feed Excel data about population and trends into a map format instead of a bar graph or pie chart. Is there a plug-in or some such thing that I can use that works with Excel? Ultimately, I want to have each state depicted by a color code for a range of population or an amount of certain data. I am using Excel 2002 in a Windows XP environment. ...

how do I sum only visible data in a column
I have some rows manually hidden, Please is there a formula I can apply to return the sum of the unhidden data contain in a column? Hi Afolabi, If you don't want to use VBA (create a UDF), you could review the following pages: http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/ExcelNames08.htm http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/ExcelNames09.htm In any case, there is a fundamental issue with both approaches: since hiding/unhiding rows doesn't trigger any event, such event will have to be forced from time to time, or maybe you can leave with the formulae updating their result in the next recalculation...

Outlook 2003-Failing remember name when typing into the To: field
I just got Outlook 2002 and I was informed that when you send a message and typing in the To: field that if you have emailed someone before it would remember the name. For example: If I send an email to Shawn Hedrick the next time I send one I would only have to type maybe the first few letter and then it would prefill the rest. Does anyone know about this or how to set this up? tools, options, email options, advanced options - is suggest names checked? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStar...

Can Import Email Data Filed from Office XP to Office 2003
My HD failed but I had a backup of my Office XP Pro personal file folder with a lot of emails I needed. The file is about 128MB in size. I put a new HD in and installed Office 2003 Pro. When I go to open the old file Outlook 2003 says that the file "is not a personal folders file". (It was backed up to a CD ROM prior to the crash so the source file should be good.) I really don't want to uninstall Office 2003 and put back Office XP. Any idea why 2003 won't open the file and how to work around that? Many thanks in advance to anyone who knows the solution. Alan. The only pro...

Drop spaces from imported table
I am importing a table from another DB that has job numbers and descriptions. My database goes off of these job numbers for referencing. Problem is the data is imported as centered in the field. so I end up with [ 1213 ] in my job number field. I do have a query that runs through this table and selects the data I need, I believe that this query would be the place to fix the "center" align. Though I am having troubles finding how to do this I need to end up with job numbers that have no spaces ie. [1213] (brackets are showing beginning and end of the field). Thanks, ...

Importing External Data
I keep trying to import data from an Access database and I continually get the same error. "ODBC Microsoft Access Driver The text file specification "Inserts" does not exist You cannot import., export or link using this specification." Well the spec does exist, the queries run just fine in Access. The data source are linked text files using the "Inserts" specification, which definitely does exist. Sumpens wrong, but danged if I know what it is. Any ideas? TIA Paul Hammond ...