change color in many text box

I have a form which takes information from a query.
The information is orizontally aranged in the many text boxes .
I would like to know how can i change the background color of the text box
on the row by just doubleclicking on that particular row.
Give me some suggestions please!

0
florin
2/19/2008 9:49:28 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

ANY IDEEA,
"florin" <florin_serban@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a form which takes information from a query.
> The information is orizontally aranged in the many text boxes .
> I would like to know how can i change the background color of the text box
> on the row by just doubleclicking on that particular row.
> Give me some suggestions please!

0
florin
2/20/2008 10:39:40 AM
On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:49:28 +0200, "florin" <florin_serban@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I have a form which takes information from a query.
>The information is orizontally aranged in the many text boxes .
>I would like to know how can i change the background color of the text box
>on the row by just doubleclicking on that particular row.
>Give me some suggestions please!

Is this a datasheet? a continuous form? Do you want the color to depend on the
value in some field, the position on the page, or what?

One big problem is that although a continuous form displays multiple rows of
textboxes, there is really only ONE row, displayed repeatedly. If you change
the properties of the textbox it changes all the copies - so the entire form
would change. What you will probably need to do is add a field to the table
upon which the query is based and set it to some value (a Yes/No field could
be set just with a checkbox), and use Conditional Formatting to display the
row as desired.

--
             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Trying to change txt color from message map function
HI, My menu has a option that changes the text color. so I have my OnPaint() function but I am trying to call the DC from another function in same class.. what am I doing wrong? void CChildView::OnTextBlack() { // TODO: Add your command handler code here CDC* pDC = GetDC(); pDC->SetTextColor(RGB(0,0,0)); pDC->TextOut(mPt.x, mPt.y, mStr); ReleaseDC(pDC); mCount = 1; Invalidate(); } I changed my approach to ON_COMMAND_RANGE... and came up with this... it worked... but why not the first code? void CChildView::OnTextColor(UINT nID) { CClientDC dc(this); switch(nID) { ca...

Background Color
I created my form in the wizard, but can not figure out how to make the background a color instead of the set background. Is it possible to change this? I am using 2000. On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:15:02 -0800, Shari wrote: > I created my form in the wizard, but can not figure out how to make the > background a color instead of the set background. Is it possible to change > this? I am using 2000. Delete the form's Picture property. Then you can set the backcolor of each of the form's sections (Form Header, Form Detail, Form Footer). Each one has to be set independently. -- ...

how do I enter a list in a list box or a combo box
hi i am trying to enter a list of names into either a list box or a combo box but i can not find out how to do it... can anybody help please... On 31/05/2010 11:42 AM, word challenged wrote: > hi i am trying to enter a list of names into either a list box or a combo box > but i can not find out how to do it... can anybody help please... See the following page of Greg Maxey's website: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Populate_UserForm_ListBox.htm If it's an ActiveX combobox that you haved inserted directly into the document, right click on it and select View Code and use c...

Need to Change Column of Telephone numbers to just 10 characters
Hi I imported data from another program into excel. The telephone numbers are in the following format 333 333-3333. How do I change it to just having 10 digits without spaces of hyhens. I need it in this format to export to another system Jen Edit>replace find what -, leave replace with blank, then replace again and this time put a space in the find what and replace with nothing -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Jennifer Leen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7923E5C4-B199-464F-B34D-9B3B2C726376@microsoft.com... > Hi , > > I imported d...

Border colors not working in Publisher 2003
In Publisher 2003 - can't get line colour, border colour or table grid lines to show up on screen. They seem to print OK but being invisible on screen makes things tricky. Recently installed Adobe Acrobat 7.0 - seems to have started then - any known links between these two or is it just co-incidence? ...

Check Box Formatting ??
Hello Everyone. Its me again. Please can you help me with the following. I have a workbook with 13 sheets in it. Name of first sheet is Holidays. The others are named Apr, May, ......... Mar. I would like to place a check box (if this is the right thing to use)on each monthly sheet that would send the value of cell Mar!I48 to Holidays!D13 and Mar!I50 to Holidays!D17 in one operation. If the check box is ticked the values of I48 and I50 should be transfered. If not ticked the value should default to zero. This is to be repeated on Apr, May etc obvioulsy to different cells on the the ...

Importing Text Files #2
Anyone know how to create an overflow for text files? I import massive amounts of data from a text file into Excel, and I always must do this several times after opening text file and deleting top 62000 lines. I found a macro online once, and had it set up on my computer, but have since reformatted and lost the macro. Anyone know where to find this macro again? Or know how to force the import to continue on a second sheet? THank you in advance for any help..... Adam HI, Play with this code - it'll ask you how many lines to put on a page before adding a new page and filling it u...

Can't open a Publisher 2K file in Publisher 2002, edit text only .
Why can't I open an existing Publisher 2000 file with Publisher 2002, then make minor text edits and re-save the file in Publisher 2000 without getting the error message, "There is a picture on page 1 that is too large to be converted to previous versions of Publisher." Publisher 2000 did not use compression... PUB2000: File Size Increases Unexpectedly When You Insert Picture http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;253973 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Art Frustrated with Publisher...

how to change from mayusc to minusc?
Hi there, I need help on how to change for mayusc to minusc on excell 2007. many thanks!!! Tienes que preguntar: How do I change from Upper to Lower case. "Ivo - Spain" wrote: > Hi there, > I need help on how to change for mayusc to minusc on excell 2007. > many thanks!!! Yo no se mucho de Excel, pero no dudo que sea igual que Word, toca la tecla "Caps Lock" que es la que cambia de may. a minus. y viceversa. "Ivo - Spain" wrote: > Hi there, > I need help on how to change for mayusc to minusc on excell 2007. > many th...

Change Data Connection Definitions from local to sharepoint
Hi, I am using Excel 2007 and have created a query tool/workbook that contains a linked table worksheet from sharepoint as the source data (its a custom view/subset of the records data). This worksheet is refreshed from the sharepoint source periodically. I created this tool/workbook on my desktop, and now want to put it on the sharepoint location for multiple users. However, the Data Connection definition for the linked worksheet is showing the local address of my pc, so the data refresh won't work once the workbook is posted to the sharepoint. I have not been able t...

Change Directory Name in Exchange 2003, Windows Server 2003
The directory name that appears in exmerge does not match the user account name and I would like to know how to change it. Another administrator created an account in Exchange 2003. The display name is Jane Smith, the login is jane@domain.org and the e-mail is janes@vera.org. When the account was created, the word test was put in one of those fields (which one I am no longer sure and it was changed after creation to the names above, although test@domain.org is still one of the e-mails for this user but not the default). When I use exmerge the directory name that appears for the accou...

Change Row Fill Color
I'm having a problem that I'm pretty sure can only be resolved with some type of Macro. I would like to know if it is possible to change the fill color of an entire row when text is entered in a specific cell within that row. For example. When "Not Received" is entered in cell C3, I would like all of row 3 to be filled with light blue. If something else is entered in that same cell (e.g. "Received"), I do not want the fill color to change at all. I know it's possible to change a single cell this way using Conditional Formatting, but how do you apply...

Take the space out of text?????
I have exported some information into a excel spreadsheet that I will be importing into another program. Unfortunately one of the colums has a space between the text that I need to remove. Example: how cell looks now: abcde fghij how I need it to look: abcdefghij Unfortunately it is not a small worksheet. It has 5863 rows that need to be changed. PLEASE!!!! PLEASE!!!! HELP!!!!!! If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it!!!!!!!!! Thank you, Nichole --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi you have already posted this. Have you read the answers ?? -- Regards Frank...

Changing PORT of Default CRM Site
I recently installed 3.0 and installed it in the Default web site, which is obviously Port 80. I did some port forwarding in my firewall to make it acccessible from the outside of our network and need to change the Port. I changed it in IIS but evidently there is another location that also needs changing, as the CRM errors when trying to load data. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks Hi Stan, In the registry, HKLM\software\microsoft\mscrm "Stan" <Stan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD5A13DB-58AE-4A11-82A4-DEA25B89C966@microsoft.com... >I recent...

how do i make a check box control other check boxes?
I have a form that has 5 check boxes. I'd like to have an additional check box that would check all of the other check boxes. Suggestions? Thanks In the AfterUpdate event of the 6th check box, put code: Private Sub Checkbox6_AfterUpdate Me.Checkbox1 = True Me.Checkbox2 = True Me.Checkbox3 = True Me.Checkbox4 = True Me.Checkbox5 = True End Sub Or, if you want all 5 unchecked when checkbox 6 is unchecked, Private Sub Checkbox6_AfterUpdate Me.Checkbox1 = Me.Checkbox6 Me.Checkbox2 = Me.Checkbox6 Me.Checkbox3 = Me.Checkbox6 Me.Checkbox4 = Me.Checkbox6 Me.Checkbox5 =...

At each change in data apply formula
Is there a function/ code that can look down a column and apply a formula when there is a change in data. i know there is the subtotal function but this does not work for my requirement. Using the following data I would want to automatically look at where the data changes (in column A) and apply a formula in another column (say Column B) for the same row. I would therefore expect to apply the formula as per the following example to cells B1, B4, B5 and B9 Col A row 1 AAA row 2 AAA row 3 AAA row4 BBB row5 CCC row6 CCC ro...

Impact of changing database column width?
Hi, We are a software product company and are planning to begin using the Contract Administration module. To do so, we will be switching our inventory items from Track: None to Track: Serial Numbers and we will be storing our software license keys in the Serial Number field which is column SERLTNUM in table SOP10201. Unfortunately, SERLTNUM is CHAR(21) and our license keys are a few characters wider than 21. We can get the keys down to 21 characters by removing three embedded hyphens, but there are several databases outside of GP where the license keys must still exist with...

How do I insert a picture within an Excel comment box?
How do I insert a picture within an Excel comment box? There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture Roy White wrote: > How do I insert a picture within an Excel comment box? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

CRM 1.2 and Change Domain
Hi, I know Microsoft CRM is tightly integrated to Active Directory and Windows Domains. However, we've been acquired by another company to which we need to merge our systems to their AD. Our CRM has a lot of data and our current Windows domain should go after every systems are migrated. Does anyone ever tried a domain migration with a Microsoft CRM installed ? Do we need to export everything and then reimport everything? Thanks for your help! Sylvain Belanger Well, I would definately make sure you do a complete backup prior to doing anything. Depending on how they merge the Forests...

Unclick Code on Check box command button
I have code written that when the control check box is selected certain cells will highligh. I would like for those same cells to turn white when the check box is unchecked. What code do I need? Thanks! Private Sub CheckBox1_Click() Range("B17:D17").Select With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 6 .Pattern = xlSolid .Value = 0 End With End Sub How about checking if the checkbox is checked or not checked <vbg>? Option Explicit Private Sub CheckBox1_Click() With Me.Range("B17:D17").Interior If Me.C...

Making legend (or textbox) move as data changes
Hi I'm trying to make an XY scatter chart which my users will be able to change, just by changing the data in the data ranges. The chart contains several curves each having its own legend/text box, placed at the right end point of the curve. When the data changes, I need the legend/textbox to move along with the end point of the curve (colors and different line styles are not an option). I have tried to group the curve with the legend/textbox but it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas? mr Hi, Maybe these examples will help. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/LabelLastPoint.html h...

Page format changes when document is shared
I have an Excel document that was created by someone else. I saved it and shared it. When printing, the page format is different for others than it is for me. Also, the page format changes for those users if I turn the "save" function off. How can I get the page format to be the same for each user. Everyone is using the same version of Excel. ...

CListCtrl and 256 color Images
Hi, I created a CListCtrl object and attached a CImageList to it. The bitmap that I am using is a 256 color image. However when I run my application I don't see it in 256 color but in 16 color. What could be the reason for the same Regards Harvinder Singh ...

Maximizing dialog box and Control list
Hi, I programming using VS 6.0, MFC SDI. I have a dialog box, wich contains a CListCtrl table. My problem is that, when the dialog box is maximized, the control lists and the ok, cancel, and other buttos stay the way their are. I mean, they don't change it size accordingly. How can I maximize or change the dialog box size and everything on it change accordingly? I hope I've made myself clear. Thanks in advance Hi, You should override OnSize method of your dialog box and use SetWindowPos for your child windows. f.e. void CMyDialog::OnSize(UINT nType, int cx, int cy) { CDialog::...

Inserting text within a cell
I would like to insert a , with a cell. i have Wood T 3,1 i would like to have Wood T,3/1 Sorry it should read I have Woods T 3/1 i want Woods T, 3/1 Thank you "Hayley" wrote: > I would like to insert a , with a cell. > > i have Wood T 3,1 > > i would like to have > Wood T,3/1 If cell A1 contains (surname)(single space)(single initial)(single space)(score), the following will achieve what you want: =LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1)&","&RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-LEN(LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1))) HTH "Hayley" wrote: >...