carriage return Query

Is it possible to query on a field for records that have a hard return?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 08:46:01 -0800, Programmer - wannaB wrote:

> Is it possible to query on a field for records that have a hard return?

As criteria on the field in question, write:
InStr([FieldName],chr(13) & chr(10))>0

or you could use:
Like "*" & chr(13) & chr(10) & "*"
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

"fredg" wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 08:46:01 -0800, Programmer - wannaB wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to query on a field for records that have a hard return?
>
> As criteria on the field in question, write:
> InStr([FieldName],chr(13) & chr(10))>0
>
> or you could use:
> Like "*" & chr(13) & chr(10) & "*"
> --
> Fred
> Please respond only to this newsgroup.
> I do not reply to personal e-mail

Using a query versus a table for the look up wizard
Hello, I have a field which I would like to use the lookup wizard for to generate a drop down list for the user to select from. My question is whether my databse would run faster if I used: a query from an already established table as the values for the lookup wizard, or to build a new table to hold the information for the lookup wizard to use. I think you'll find few of us recommend the use of the Lookup Wizard. Lookup fields only have a place in tables, and your users should never be working directly with the tables. Create a form, and use a combo box on the form. (See http...

Edit Box carriage return
How do I add a carriage return and have it show up correctly in an mfc textbox? I need to edit the CString variable then updatedata and have it show multiple lines. The multiline option is selected. Use \r\n. "CodeTyro" <CodeTyro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:819EB280-849A-4672-81C6-12DB72952B9B@microsoft.com... > How do I add a carriage return and have it show up correctly in an mfc textbox? I need to edit the CString variable then updatedata and have it show multiple lines. The multiline option is selected. ...

how to write condition in a query
If I wan to perform some calculation in the query if the condition meet, how can combine the below statement tgt in one field? Minutes: IIf([start]>DateAdd("d",-1,[forms]![datedaily1]![date] And [end]<[forms]![datedaily1]![date]),DateDiff("n",[start],[end])) Minutes: IIf([start]<DateAdd("d",-1,[forms]![datedaily1]![date] And [end]<[forms]![datedaily1]![date]),DateDiff("n",DateAdd("d",-1,[forms]! [datedaily1]![date],[end])) Minutes: IIf([start]<DateAdd("d",-1,[forms]![datedaily1]![date] And [end]>[forms]![datedaily...

Return Cell formula, not result
I want to return a cells formula string, not the result. Example: A B 1 =B1 20 If I reference cell A1, I want the following result "=B1" NOT "20" Thanks PS. What is the search syntax to search ALL words, not just any word. I tried searching the newsgroups but could not narrow the search. Robert, precede it with a single apostrophe '=B1 -- HTH Bob Phillips "Robert Randolph" <NOSPAAMMrob@KingdomSoftware.com> wrote in message news:00e101c36419$960473a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I want to return a cells formula string, not the re...

Pass Through Query Translation
How do I translate this into a pass through query? I've been puzzled over this for a day now? SELECT STORET1_TSRFDACT.START_DATE FROM STORET1_TSRFDACT WHERE ((Year([start_Date])=2008)); I keep getting an error '"YEAR": 'Invalid Identifier' Thanks. Kou Kou Vang wrote: > How do I translate this into a pass through query? I've been puzzled over > this for a day now? > > SELECT STORET1_TSRFDACT.START_DATE > FROM STORET1_TSRFDACT > WHERE ((Year([start_Date])=2008)); > > I keep getting an error '"YEAR":...

Return receipt In WAE?
I can't find where to request a Return Receipt for a message in Entourage Web Access Edition. Not only can I not find it anywhere in the menus or Preferences, but I can not find a reference to it in Help. Is this feature not available in Web Access Edition? If it is, where is it, please? Bill Robertson The feature is not available in EWS, but you can give this a try <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq_topic/return_receipt.html> Keep in mind that return receipts are not a reliable indication that a message has either been read or received. thanks, Pawan Kapoo...

Problem importing data via query
When i import data via a webquery from: http://www.x-rates.com/d/EUR/table.html I get different values than on the webpage.. When the webpage says: American Dollar 1.3601 0.73524 Australian Dollar 1.62633 0.614883 Brazilian Real 2.75284 0.363261 I get these values in Excel: American Dollar 13.601 0.73524 Australian Dollar 162.633 0.614883 Brazilian Real 275.284 0.363261 Some values are ten times to high, some are hunderd times to low. Is this because in my version we use comma to seperate decimals? So i see the value 13601 for the US$, and with the...

I'm SOOO tired of delete queries failing!
running access 2k; I have 2 queries - BOTH should work as far as I can see, and NEITHER does; each reporting "could not delete from specified table". Obviously, they are 2 attempts to complete the same deletion task, which is to delete every record found in the ZQ_delete-dups recordset from the Q_patients recordset. Sounds simple, looks simple, s/b simple, but apparently it's not. I believe either of these would work under sql-server.... Here's the first query: DELETE Q_patients.* FROM Q_patients WHERE (((Q_patients.T_contacts.contact_id) In (select ZQ_delete_dups.contact...

Display table name as field in query
Does anyone know if there is a way to display the table name as a field in a query? I have a UNION query that merges all of the records from 10 different tables, but I need a field that indicates which table each record comes from. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Craig Craig wrote: >Does anyone know if there is a way to display the table name as a field in a >query? > >I have a UNION query that merges all of the records from 10 different >tables, but I need a field that indicates which table each record comes from. Just use the table name in a calcula...

Display Query from form in Foreground
I have a form upon which the user selects display, filter and sort fields. He then clics the submit button and a query is built and then displayed with the following code: DoCmd.OpenQuery "Queryname", acNormal, acEdit The query works but shows up in the background and cant be clicked on until the form is closed. The idea was to create a form on which the user could do adhoc queries until he gets it right and then click another button to do the Excel extract. Is there a way to show the query in the foreground? On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:54:27 -0800, rmcompute wrote: > I ha...

Help please using a combo box with a query instead of the usual wildcards etc.....
Hi, I have nearly finished my database and I would like to add a query that uses a combo box to get the results, not the usual paramater style input. I suppose it would need a form and a query and a combo box, but where to start !!!!!!!! Any kind soul out there that can give me an example of where to start..........? Many Thanks Joe Joe The generic approach you'd use is: * create a new form, add a combo box that is set to return the value your query would need * create your query ... in the criterion "cell", put a reference to the form's combo box's value: ...

Return Value from Form
I need to return a value from a form displayed modally. Many years ago, if I used VB classic, I could create a public method that took care of any arguments, displayed the form modally, and then returned appropriate return values. Something like this: Public Function GetValue(Args As Integer m_Args = Args m_Result = DefaultResult Show vbModal GetValue = m_Result End Function However, it appears Access VBA doesn't support this. For one thing, there's no Show method (and so it certainly can't have a modal argument). I like this approach because ...

Aggregate calculations on calculated query fields?
I made a query that uses fields from multiple tables to calculate values for daily metrics. I need to present monthly totals of the data as sums and/or means. The tables are linked by the Date (mm/dd/yyyy) field. I enter ‘between 03/01/2010 and 03/31/2010’ in the criteria for the date field. For the totals I enter ‘group by’ for the date and ‘sum’ or ‘avg’ for the calculated fields. When the query is executed I receive an error that I ‘tried to execute a query that does not include the specified expression *** as part of an aggregate function. *** is the calculated field in the...

Selecting Maximum Values in a Query with joins to other tables
I'm having difficulty with a query and hope someone can help me out. Basically, I'm looking to select the maximum amounts from a table based on a column in one of the tables named StateID. It works fine when I do this: SELECT TOP (100) PERCENT dbo.Bids.StateID, MAX(DISTINCT dbo.Bids.Amount) AS Amount, dbo.States.StateName FROM dbo.Bids INNER JOIN dbo.States ON dbo.Bids.StateID = dbo.States.StateID GROUP BY dbo.Bids.StateID, dbo.States.StateName ORDER BY dbo.States.StateName However, when I start to join fields from other tables in...

OpenService Fails, but GetLastError returns ERROR_SUCCESS
I'm trying to stop a service, if the service exists. Everything works fine if the service is there, but if it does not exist I'm getting inconsistent results. OpenService returns a zero handle, naturally. On some computers (but not all) GetLastError returns ERROR_SUCCESS instead of ERROR_SERVICE_DOES_NOT_EXIST. Why would I be getting this combination of returns? To determine what the cause might be, it is important to know what "some computers" are. For each one that fails and each one that succeeds, it is important to know OS version Service Pack Installed Hot Fixes in...

Return Range Based on Cell Value
This topic has been covered in varying degrees, but the problem is that I do not want to sum or count the range. I want the range itself returned as the value. For instance in A1 is 7. i.e. July In B1-B12 are dates 201101, 201102, etc. I need a formula that will count out the cells and return the range based on that value in A1. In this case it would return B1:B7. This of course would be nested in another formula. On Tue, 4 Oct 2011 17:18:20 -0700 (PDT), Pablo < > wrote: >This topic has been covered in varying degrees, but the problem is >that I do not want to sum or count the...

LDAP Query #5
I want to setup an Address list (filter) with multiple addresses... This works for one: (&(&(objectCategory=*)(mail=*@abc.com))) this does NOT work for multiple: (&(&(objectCategory=*)(mail=*@abc.com)(mail=*@123.com))) Does anyone know the correct syntax? Thank you for any help! "JHP" <goawayspam@GFY.com> wrote: >I want to setup an Address list (filter) with multiple addresses... > >This works for one: > >(&(&(objectCategory=*)(mail=*@abc.com))) > >this does NOT work for multiple: > >(&(&(objectCategory=*)(ma...

Pass Through query with criteria on a form
I have a Pass Through query that looks like this. select Location,City,State,Country,Pings from (select sd_term_name_loc as 'Location', sd_term_city as 'City', sd_term_st as 'State', sd_term_cntry as 'Country', count(sd_key)as 'Pings' from detail (nolock) where -- ***** The dates below refer to the date and time at which the transaction was loaded to PRM. -- ***** -- ***** The number of pings which have occurred BETWEEN those dates/times will be counted. -- ***** -- ***** Enter the date/time in the format '09/16/2007 14:00:00.000...

Search and replace query

returning zero on pct divided by zero
formatting goes to pot here so I cant represent the tables as I'd like, but hopefully you get the gist! User entry actual figure is only entered obviously when there is a figure so alot of the time will be blank or zero the fixed value target is always on the sheet and the percentage is basically how much percent of the target has been acheived which is a pct value. Is there anyway of substituting a zero in when you have a pct divided by zero as normally it just comes up with the error message ie USER ENTRY ACTUAL FIGURE FIXED VALUE TARGET PERCENTAGE 5 B1/A1% There...

Combo box returning wrong value
I am having trouble with a combo box, which is filled by a query to that displays two fields (Fund # and Fund description). The fields are unbound and I am using VBA to store the unbound fields in a table. I am using an option box to determine which sequence to use to present the data (I use two different queries and store one of them in the row source of the combo box, depending on the option box value). This all works fine. The problem comes when an item is selected. I would like to store the values both the Fund # and the Fund value in my table with VBA. My VBA code in the co...

Queries Versus Views
I have written many Access reports I would now like to make available via MS SS RS. Many of my reports rely on queries that relies on 2-3-4 other queries. Nested queries, sub-queries, whatever you want to call them. Often this is because of differences between the ways I need the data (one row, many columns) and the way it is stored (many rows, one column). What is the most efficient way to deal with nested queries, sub- queries, or whatever in MS SS RS? Create views instead of queries? I don't seem to be able to create one data set based on another... Thanks, Patr...

Work with web query file
How can i get data from a iqy file?? [PS] E:\>dir *.iqy Directory: E:\ Mode LastWriteTime Length Name ---- ------------- ------ ---- -a--- 10-May-10 10:07 AM 758 owssvr.iqy [PS] E:\>$a = New-Object -ComObject excel.application [PS] E:\>$iqy = $a.Workbooks.Open(".\owssvr.iqy") Exception calling "Open" with "1" argument(s): "'.\owssvr.iqy' could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct. If you are trying t...

Calculations, Queries and making it all come together in my table
hello, I am trying to create a very simple database (I'm pretty new to Access). In my main table it have a field call % Safe which is to show the results a calculation. I understand I should create a query. I have two issues - one, the calculation I created doesn't seem to work. I created a simple query based on the fields in my main table, in the query field called % Safe, under Criteria I entered = [# Safe]-[# Unsafe]/[# Safe]. now, I assumed it would look at the data entered in the main table, perform the calculation and BAM present me with answer in this field. ...