cannot open anymore databases

Does anyone have any information about a message that says "Cannot Open any
more databases".    It seems to happen when running access 2003 and exporting
a report to snapshot?

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Cannot open the money program
I have been using Microsoft money for about 2 years. I got it pre-installed on my win XP Os via the Microsoft works suite 2003 that was also pre-installed for me. Now when I click to open the program, I get the following error message: "Cannot display the End User License Agreement which must be displayed and accepted before you can use the application. To display the agreement, reinstall the application" I cannot understand what has suddenly gone wrong to cause this problem. I have run the EULA fix but to no avail. Re-installing is a problem as I do not have the stand-alone money ...

The database is in an unexpected state; Microsoft Access can't open it.
This morning I encountered an unusual and scary problem. While trying to open one of our databases I recieved this error. The database is in an unexpected state; Microsoft Access can't open it. This database has been converted from a prior version of Microsoft Access by using the DAO CompactDatabase method instead of the Convert Database command on the Tools menu (Database Utilities submenu). This has left the database in a partially converted state. If you have a copy of the database in its original format, use the Convert Database command on the Tools menu (Database Utilities submenu) ...

Trigger Macro on Open Spreadsheet
How can we force a macro to execute whenever a spreadsheet is first opened? Hi do you mean the file? If yes either name your macro Auto_Open() or put your code in the workbook event Workbook_Open() -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Beckie Davis wrote: > How can we force a macro to execute whenever a spreadsheet > is first opened? ...

Check if Form is Open
I need to check to see if a form is open in the Onclose of another form. And if it is to requery it, if not do nothing. I did find a Function on The Access Web web site but I'm not sure how to utilize the function. Function fIsLoaded(ByVal strFormName As String) As Integer 'Returns a 0 if form is not open or a -1 if Open If SysCmd(acSysCmdGetObjectState, acForm, strFormName) <> 0 Then If Forms(strFormName).CurrentView <> 0 Then fIsLoaded = True End If End If End Function I need to run this in the OnClose of a form to see if frmHome is o...

cash drawer not opening but reciept is printing
I have installed Microsoft RMS 2.0 on Windows Vista. I had issues installing my EPSON printer TM-T88IV. It would not work when i put it as "OPOS" device but it worked when i switched it to a "Windows" Device. Now the reciept prints but the problem is that the cash drawer wont open when the reciept is printed. The cash drawer is APG VB 320-BL1616. Any ideas whats wrong with it? thanks Bad cable perhaps? Can you switch cables with another register that IS working to see if it's the cable/pin configuration? Just a thought. "Akbar Mian" wrote: > I...

Transparent areas of png image not transparent anymore
I have a number of .png images that I created and saved within Adobe Photoshop Elements. The images all have transparent backgrounds and work fine when imported into word or excel. Lately when creating new images all of the image that is tranparent within Photoshop now appear as black when imported into word or excel. Has anyone seen something similar or know of some setting that I may have accidentally changed that is causing this? David Check the colour density settings of the Windows display driver. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><...

I don"t office,but need Excel or some part of it to open a web pag
help me I don't won't to load all of office "cowboy" wrote: > help me I don't won't to load all of office Hi you can buy Excel as separate product. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "cowboy" <cowboy@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5B015950-A7AC-49D0-9386-7EFFF9B9404D@microsoft.com... > help me I don't won't to load all of office Hi, When about to load office, choose custom. You can then choose when to load certain parts. You can install them when you use them the first time. The installer will ask ...

Anyone Else Use Database Query to Query Another Sheet in the Same Excel Workbook?
Wow! I tried this out, and it seems to work beautifully. It's odd, though, that I haven't seen this technique mentioned in any of the several Excel references that I've looked at. Basically, I have a workbook with several worksheets...one worksheet contains a large list with all the records. I wanted to set up the other worksheets to have certain functions...I wanted them to use only certain columns from the main list, and to contain only certain records from the main list that met specified conditions. This is the best solution I have found so far - i.e., creating database q...

Excel files cannot open.
my office version is office 2000 SR-1,when open it ,Only any of the files appears error message" Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by the windows.you will need to restart the rogram. An error log is being created."But these files is very important,please ask for help,thanks lot. "benson.chen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:052001c3d973$fffcf460$a401280a@phx.gbl: > my office version is office 2000 SR-1,when open it ,Only > any of the files appears error message" Excel.exe has > generated errors and will b...

How do I open a .pub file in publisher?
A customer sent me a .pub file. I had 97 version to no avail. Bought 2003 to no avail. How can I open the unknown version in an application with internal inconsistancy. I believe the current version of Publisher, 2003 will open all previous versions of Publisher files. Publisher 2003 requires Windows 2000 or XP. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Oscar" <Oscar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2829F96-69EC-4E36-92A4-AD2A552F8101@microsoft.com... >A customer sent me a .pub file. I had 97 version to no avail. Bought 2003 >to > no avail. How can I open the...

Suddenly not able to save new or open previous files with name lengths over 45 characters
I'm using Excel 2003 if it matters ... I'm wondering if there is a known bug/issue on this. For what ever reason, when I try to save a new file (or for that matter open something done previously) with a name that has more than 45 characters or so (might be off by a couple), I get message that it can't save and then gives me a bunch of reasons (file path might not exist, might have too many characters, folder might be read only, etc). I know file exists in the folder I'm checking - I can email myself the file and open from the email so its definitely there! Any sane insight? ...

Which 'event' to run pivot chart formatting code on file open?
Greetings I have code to change my pivot chart type to a mix of line and column also to refomat colours I need to run the code so that the user sees the changes when the file is opened Ive tried the 'workbook open' event and the chart activate event but noy joy so far. (Once the file is open, manualy triggering the code works perfectly) Any ideas? Thanks I don't know why workbook_open doesn't work. You could use Application.OnTime to run your code a short time (like 2 sec) after the workbook opens. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://Peltier...

creating mde files for spilt databases
HiI'm working with a database which was created in Access 2000 but it is now running in Access 2003. I wanted to split this database and create mde files to add to each users computer but I keep getting an error message which tells me the mde file needs to be created in Access 2000. We no longer have this version of Access so is there a way round it?ThanksJody...

Money 2006 freeze on opening a file
I have been helping a friend of mine setup his new computer, and everything has gone fairly smoothly except for using Money. He used to use Money 2000 on a Windows 98 machine, and Money 2006 was purchased for use with the new Windows XP machine. We are running into problems periodically when opening a file. Sometimes when trying to open a file, when another is already open, Money will just freeze up. This does not happen all of the time, and it does not seem to happen with any certain file. I have searched around a bit on Microsoft's Knowledge Base but have not been able to find...

Can't open office documents from my emails until word is openned f
When I try to open a word document or excel spreadsheet that is saved as an attachement to an email, I get the message: Windows cannot find ‘c:/users/mona/appdata/local\microsoft\windows\temporary internet files\low\content.IE5\SB2EHHFL\xxx[1].xls\’ Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. If I open Word or Excel before clicking on the attachement to open it, then it works. This problem only happens when using my laptop which is running Windows Vista and office 2007. I do not have any problems with this on our desktop which is running XP and office 2003. Wo...

opening an old 1992 Word document, registry error
I tried to open a document created in 1992 but instead of opening I get a message that tells me I cannot because my registry doesn't allow it -- wrb See “Information about certain file types that are blocked after you install Office 2003 Service Pack 3” at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=938810 -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Seabee74" <Seabee74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6ADC0871-2FB3-4880-9525-5EFE3C3AD3C5@microsoft.com... >I tried to open a document...

Using Access 2007 to open ADP files from Access 2003
I have a few ADP files created in Access 2003 that connect to a SQL Server 2000 database. They have a lot of complex forms, reports, and extensive VBA code. I just upgraded to Windows Vista and Office 2007 through MSDN, and when I open the ADP files in Access 2007, they are excruciatingly slow and sometimes seem to choke entirely when loading some forms. Does anyone else have this problem or know what to do about it? Hi Scudder, I posted a comment a few days ago noting slowness of Access 2003 and 2007 with Vista in just running queries. So far there have been no responses. Hopefull...

using excel as a database for movies and cd collection help
hi, ive been using excel to maintain a list for my cd's and moves etc just wanted to make it more functional but as im a noob im not sure what i can do, as it stands i have a workbook with a sheet for each catagory cd's movies tv shows etc, with a cell comment giving details of the item like the list of episode titles in a tv series. im using ctrl + f to search and using a red cell for stuff ive lent to friends, i would really like to enhance this workbook maybe add a stats page, see if there is some way to list the number of red cells etc, improve the searching, count the no. o...

outlok 2000 Wont open
We are runing windows 2000, and outlook 2000. We have someone trying to open outlok and it does not open.. It starts and the outlook screen shows for a short time, then it goes away and is listed in the task manager as not responding. Any suggestions on what to try? FYI: outlook is not runnnig exchange only regular internet email. Thanks With OUtlook closed, find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. Reopen Outlook and it should be pretty snappy. >-----Original Message----- >We are runing windows 2000, and outlook 2000. > >We have someone trying to open outlok and it does n...

How do I get mail which arrives in Outlook in an Access database
Hi all. In a database which I'm going to create I need to get mail which users send into a Outlook mailbox. I have read that this is easy in Access 2007 - but how do I do it in 2003? It is very fine if the Access 2003 database can import the mail automatically from the Outlook mail box - or do the mail need to go through an Outlook mail box? Can the users send it directly to the Access database? Hoping you can give me some words. Thank you very much in advance. Jo ...

Excel crashez every time i open a worksheet with formulas
I would apreciate your help, thank you. I have Windows Vista Businees x86, Microsoft Office Basic 2007. The problem first appeared when i reinstalled everything a few days ago. The steps i took are the folowing: Format c: -> Reinstal Vista(internet cabe unpluged) -> install Office -> start Office - > open worksheet(any worksheet) -> Office crashes I also tried the folowing: Format c: -> Reinstal Vista(internet cabe unpluged) -> install SP1 then SP2 -> install Office -> install updates(windows Update) -> all updates installed-> start Office - > open wo...

Excel 97 worksheet with macros won't open in Excel 2000
I've got a workbook saved in Excel 97 that has some embedded macros (not sure where-we don't really need them). When trying to open from Excel 2000, get error message "An error occurred while initializing the VBA libraries (126)" and the workbook won't open. Any ideas on how to make this work in 2000? Or maybe even find where the macros are and get rid of them? Thanks, Marion ...

How to restore backup to a testing company database?
Hi; I was using DTS to copy the AF*.* tables from Company A to Company B, however I found that I picked the wrong destination company, I should select Company C not Company B. In this situation, the AF*.* of Company B was written over. Now, I have the last backup of Company B, and I have a testing database also. I though, I can restore the Company B backup to my testing company and transfer all AF*.* table from testing company to Company C (my desired company for AF*.* table). How should I do it, can I restore the company database to testing company with different company id? Kane, ...

File opening twice
When I click open a worksheet it opens twice. If the name has spaces in it it first says file not found for each word in the file name. And then the file is opened with the complete name. Help! ...

Launching Excel by opening an .xls file via Windows Explr
I have Excel 2002 SP-2 installed. When I open an .xls file via Windows Explorer it takes at least 20 seconds to open Excel and about another 5-10 to open the .xls file. The ..xls file can be as small as 26K and still it takes 30 seconds or so to open. However, if I open Excel first (it takes less than five seconds to launch Excel) and then open the .xls file using Excel, then the file opens almost instantly. Any ideas on why this is the case? Thanks Hi Kevin Read this pages to solve your problem Opening/Saving Bottlenecks (Charles Williams) http://www.decisionmodels.com/optspeedd.htm#...