Cannot open access 2002 file

Hi All,

I created a database on access 2002 (xp) but when I tried to run it on
access 2003 it said it encounter a problem and need to be closed.  Then it
creates a back-up and a lock files.

What do I do next?  Anyone know?

Thank you

Avaya

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Try creating a new empty database and importing all the objects from the old
database.

"Avaya" <Avaya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I created a database on access 2002 (xp) but when I tried to run it on
> access 2003 it said it encounter a problem and need to be closed.  Then it
> creates a back-up and a lock files.
>
> What do I do next?  Anyone know?
>
> Thank you
>
> Avaya

0
Pat
7/24/2007 3:25:32 PM
Thank you, Pat for your help.

I am now able to open my database in 2003.

Avaya

"Pat Hartman (MVP)" wrote:

> Try creating a new empty database and importing all the objects from the old
> database.
>
> "Avaya" <Avaya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I created a database on access 2002 (xp) but when I tried to run it on
> > access 2003 it said it encounter a problem and need to be closed.  Then it
> > creates a back-up and a lock files.
> >
> > What do I do next?  Anyone know?
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Avaya

Problems Reading XML File
Hi All, I'm fairly new to XML, so I presume I'm doing something obviously dense here, but here it goes. Below is an XML file that was extracted from a test Windows Installer .MSP (patch) file using the MsiExtractPatchXMLData() method and directly written to disk as a test. On the surface, it seems to me to be valid XML since IE can load & display it. <MsiPatch xmlns="http://www.microsoft.com/msi/patch_applicability.xsd" SchemaVersion="1.0.0.0" PatchGUID="{2AAC52C8-0F60-481F-852D-116CDE7EBE0D}" MinMsiVersion="3"> <TargetProd...

Importing .VCS file
When I attempt to import a .VCS file created by Lotus Organizer 6.0 Outlook gives me an error message stating that I do not have the rights to import such a file. I was able to import one calendar event that was saved as a .VCS file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Linking Ecel to Access
I am trying to transfer informtion in one sheet to another sheet in the same workbook. I have a macro to process this information from the first sheet to the second. I keep getting an error in this Process macro at the line. Application.Goto REFERENCE:=Range("END") The first sheet is called ProblemSheet and the second sheet is called Processed. The line above is taken from the process macro on the ProblemSheet page. Do I have to name a certain cell as "END" on either sheet? Any help with this would be really appreciated. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com...

trouble sending large files
I am having trouble in outlook express 6 sending large files. When I say large I mean a half meg or larger. The send bar will go to about 99% and then just stay idle at that point. Eventually I get an error message that says it has stopped responding and asks what I would like to do. Continue trying or stop. No matter which I pick it stays the same. Then I find out it sends multiple copies for each time I try to stop it. This can be very annoying to my friends who have a dial-up. Any suggestions? Are your using a dialup or broadband (cable/dsl) account? If broadband, are you behind a...

drag&dropping EML files to Inbox doesnt work
Hi all, Fairly regularly we get calls from our customers telling us that they cannot drag&drop their back-upped mail (in the form of *.eml files) to the Inbox. This problem occurs (at least) with Outlook 2002, and Outlook Express 6. When we ourselves try to recreate the problem, we are unable to - everything works as expected in both Outlook and Outlook Express, the *.eml files appear as e-mails in the Inbox when drag&dropped there from any place on the harddrive. I couldn't find anything on this problem using Google, except someone describing the same problem: http://www.exper...

Outlook Web Access saving messages
Is there a way to save or archive messages in OWA2003 to the local PC? -- Non-tech lost in cyberspace Pappy_Dog pappy_dog <pappy_dog@lycos.com> wrote: > Is there a way to save or archive messages in OWA2003 to the local PC? Other than cut/paste from within the browser window to a Windows file, no. OWA is simply a window into your Exchange server and has no knowledge of your local machine. -- Brian Tillman ...

Synchronize Outlook 2003 to custom csv file
Hello I am wondering if there is a solution to sync Outlook 2003 data to a custom csv file. Data must be synchronized, not only be exported and imported. As a background information: We use a custom database application containing contacts, todos and addresses as part of an small ERP suite. Now we would like to sync those data with Outlook 2003. I suppose, most probably we have to export those data to a csv file and then synchronize to Outlook. The custom ERP suite is a custom made solution. Any help will kindly be appreciated, thanks a lot. Christian In what kind of database are you stori...

Browser links to xlsx files result in File Not Found
I know there must be a simple answer to this, but I have searched and had no luck. A link from either of my browsers (IE7 and Firefox 3.08) will open Excel and the file with extension xls, but will not open an Excel 2007 file with extension xlsx. I believe the same think occurs with Word 2007. Is it something in my browser setup? The message I get is "The page cannot be found"... HTTP Error 404 Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hi, I have same problem, I installed the latest drivers: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7554F536-8C28-4598-9B72-EF9...

Start up file doesn't open
I have a file that is in my designated startup file that is suddenly not opening after haveing opened fine on start up for a long time. I am able to open the file manually. When I do there is an error auto open code: ..Item("Data").Controls.Item("Sort...").OnAction = "Sort" The message is: Run-time error '-2147467259' (80004005)': Method 'OnAction' of object '_CommandBarButton' failed Any thoughts on if these two problems a related and what is cousing them? -- CroceJC I just notice...

Open file thru OLE Object "Long Binary Data"
This file was maintained thru Delphi application and I wan to re-create it thru MSAccess. Problem: From the attached file "Sliced1/Attachments" I have three fields. Field: Fault Number (Number) Field: FileName (Text) Field: AttchFile (OLE Object) My idea: Save the OLE Object in a TempFolder as TmpFile Rename the TmpFile based on the Field:FileName Open the File >>> IF changed upon closure replace the object in the Field:AttchFile >>> Also a litle help on how to save file on that table I read the ShellExecute Explanation & Samples but too complex for me. &#...

pst file size limit #2
Is there a limit to the size your pst file can be? Thanks, Tim 2GB for the old format file (Outlook 97-2002) and theoretically 33TB for OL2003 format PSTs "TK" <tim@d.com> wrote in message news:%23$LMBVgxFHA.2348@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is there a limit to the size your pst file can be? Yes but it depends on version, in theory pre Outlook 2003 can go up to 2GB but in practice tends to bomb out after about 1.5GB, Outlook 2003 is a nominal 20GB but can go up to an estimated 32TB controllable via registry, info here on the Outlook 2003 pst http://support.microsoft...

Access question. SQL Server snobs need not reply
Hi I seem to be in a Catch 22 here. I Have a Combo box from which the user selects a description. Then I am using a query to get the rest of the COURSE details. The current record, from the table ATTEND is linked to the Table COURSE by the field COURSE_NO. If I try to set Me! COURSE to rs!COURSE_NO before doing the SaveRecord, it won't let me. I get error 3331 To make changes to this field, first save the record. If I try doing the SaveRecord first, as here, I get error 3101 The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find a record in the table 'COURSES' with key matching field(s) &#...

"Find" window not opening in word 2007
I have an issue with the "find" window not opening. It seems to be only affecting one computer on xp. As the find function works on that document if I edit on another PC. I have already tried deleting the normal.dotm file. It worked once then back to same issue. When I select ctrl + f or actually click on the find button on the home tab, word seems to gray out as if the find window is open somewhere, but I can find it. This is completely frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you start Word in Safe mode, then does it work? To start in Safe mode, hold C...

workflow manager not opening
I get the following error when trying to open any of the workflow tools ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- An error occurred while loading the organisation's date, time, and number format settings. Those settings are incompatible with the formats already used in Workflow Manager. To sync them, you can make changes to System Settings in the System Customisation area of Microsoft CRM Server. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- No-one has changed this settings, but our...

Convert Access File to exe?
This is likely a dumb question but I have created a working file in Access that I would like to provide to some of my clients for there use in tracking their stock investments. Is there a way to complile this file and make it a stand alone file since not all of my clients have Access? Thanks! Ed Hawley "Ed Hawley" <hawl1039@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:%23JhFU%23qvHHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > This is likely a dumb question but I have created a working file in Access > that I would like to provide to some of my clients for there use in > tracki...

Outlook 2002 on XP
I attempt to open Inbox email with no attachment and okay. I attempt to open Inbox email with attachment and Outlook appears to hang in send/receive mode. I have to use task manager to end app then XP generates the error send report. Then I have to restart PC. Any ideas why this happens? Mahalo, Reid ...

Custom class exists to add, update, delete and select nodes in record style XML file???
I am considering writing a Class that Selects, Adds, Updates and Deletes Nodes in an XML File but do not what to reinvent the wheel. (See XML file below) That data format would emulate records in a Database Table with a Primary Key for each Record (see xml sample below) and a flat file structure. I would use a class to manipulate this type of data structure extensivly if I had one. Does anyone know of such an animal? Thanks In Advance Earl <?xml version="1.0"?> <ROOT NextPk="3"> <RECORD PkNum="1"> <NAME>Mark</NAME> <...

Data Connection to TXT File
I want to create a spreadsheet with multiple worksheets. For each worksheet, I want to indicate it's source of data is an external text file. Every time I open the spreadsheet, I want the data from each text file to be reloaded into the spreadsheet (the number of rows in the text file may change so the number of rows populated with data in the worksheet will change). I'm using 2007 and have been playing with data connections but I'm clearly missing something because nothing is happening. Help! Can someone tell me if I can even do this and if so, give me step by step inst...

FRx 6.7: Accounts Not Displaying In Row File
I have successfully created Financial Statements for two of our three companies. However, I’m having a problem with the third one. In creating the row file, I specify a range from account 30000 through 99999. Most accounts show up in the list. Some don’t. The following account string will be my example of an existing account, with a balance, that does not show up in the row file: 00000-30035-00000 (30035 is the main account) If I manually insert a row into the row file, type in the description, and click the down arrow for the GL Link, the account does not display in the drop down. Ho...

How to stop inbox emails opening
The first incoming e-mail to my empty Inbox opens automatically. Forwarding unread emails causes them to open automatically when sent. Sometimes transferring e-mails from Inbox to Junkmail makes them open automatically. This happens even though I don't Left Click on them. How can I stop all of these? To define when a message gets marked as read use; Tools-> Options-> tab Other-> button Reading Pane... When printing, replying or forwarding as message, they will always be marked as read; you cannot change this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Co...

Temporary Files
Hi everybody, First, sorry for my english. I have Excel 2000 and when I save changes in a document, there is a temporary file like name~RFnumbers.TMP. I have to delete this file because when I close the application, the file is in the folder. What can I do to delete this file when I close Excel? Thank You!!! -- JCS - BCN'04 There have been a few posts describing this (but I don't recall a solution). But my guess is that it was something else creating that .tmp file--any chance your antivirus can be turned off and you could test a bit? Any chance that there's a helpful m...

running system batch files or specific software
Hello there. for maintenance i need to run from sql server some actions on file system like: Zip backup files, delete old backup files, running copy to some ftp ect... FOr this i need for specific user to grant using xp_cmdshell. Is there a way do run these actions on system without permittion xp_cmdshell? Roy Goldhammer (royg@yahoo.com) writes: > for maintenance i need to run from sql server some actions on file system > like: Zip backup files, delete old backup files, running copy to some ftp > ect... > > FOr this i need for specific user to grant...

"file" cannot be accessed
Today when I tried to access a file (stored on a jump drive) I have been using for several months to track my 401-K, I received the following message: "'file name' cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a ready-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding." This is the only excel file on the jump drive which is not accessible. Any thoughts on how/if I can recover the information? Thanks Can you use windows explorer and copy it to your local harddrive and open from there? I would be reluctant to open...

Office XP Pro 2002 vs 2003 ????
Is there much difference between Office XP Pro 2002 and 2003 - 04 ? I have an annoying bug with 2002 ( can't find contacts with the "Find contact" function )...and would like to know if this has been fixed in the latest version... cheers, Brian Canham You can find info on Outlook 2003 at www.microsoft.com/outlookAs for your issue with 2002, how are you performing these searches? If your'e using the Find Contact box, it will search on the Full name and subject fields of each contact. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MC...

calendar access in exchange 2003 and in owa 2003
Hi What is the easiest way to allow company wide access to everyone's calendar? Also is it possible to open other users calendars with owa in exchange 2003? Also have a user who cant open a public folder,but everyone else can,any clues?There is full control on permissions for this user. thanks mark wrote: > Hi > What is the easiest way to allow company wide access to > everyone's calendar? Everyone needs to share their calendar and assign permissions appropriately (best to set permissions via groups, not individual users) > Also is it possible to open other users ca...