Cancel = true - 13320

Hi

I am attempting to run the following: -

Dim stDocName As String

    stDocName = "KPI Data - New links to PEOPLE table"
    DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview
    stDocName = "KPI Data - New ATTEND Records"
    DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview

Each report has the On No Data property set, displays a message, then
sets Cancel = True.
However, it appears it doesn't do anything else after Cancel is set to
True in the first report. It does not even try to open the second
report. I guess this is because Cancel is set to True. How can I unset
this - if that is the case?

Stapes

0
Stapes
7/18/2007 3:34:26 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Answered in your post 3 minutes later
0
Allen

Cancel / Comfirm update
I am trying to use VBA to confirm or cancel a change to a combo box. I have the code below on the "before update" property: However I am told the discard changes command is not available. I have also tried the acUndo commnad and the cancel=true statement. Private Sub Membership_Grade_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) On Error GoTo MebershipTitleUpdate_Err Dim strMsg As String Dim UsrResponse As Integer ' Specify the message to display. strMsg = "This will update the Membership Grade and chane the associated subscription fee." & Chr(10) ...

Cancel automatic Wrap text
Forgive me if this has been addressed before, but my searches have bee futile. I would like to prevent Excel from automatically invoking Wrap text whenever I edit a cell containing multiple lines. Setting the rowheight to fixed is helpful, but it also inhibits th cell from displaying across empty rows to the right. Is there some way of disabling this for an entire wookbook? Thanks, John McKean Toronto, Canad -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Just been looking for the same answer myself, drives me mad. Found any answer yet? John McKean <<John.McKean.1chaem@excelforu...

Cancelling shutdown in a console application
Hi, I have a console program that handles events such as SHUTDOWN, LOGOFF. I took the source code from http://www.codeproject.com/win32/console_event_handling.asp What I try to do after catching shutdown event is to be able to cancel it. Is there a windows function that cancels shut down, or is there any way of doing it. Thanks Erdem I am not aware of any way to handle this in a console app. joe On 11 Aug 2006 00:03:48 -0700, "erdem" <salihoglu.erdem@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a console program that handles events such as SHUTDOWN, LOGOFF. >I to...

OL2003 Operation Cancelled Restrictions in Effect
Win 2000/Office 2003 Professional Error message: This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Not finding any group policy object or any restrictions. Just installed Office/Outlook 2003, had Office/Outlook 2000 and did not have this problem with 2000. Took 2003 off and put 2000 back on and it works fine. Put 2003 back on and this happens again. Do not have any restrictions in Internet Explorer. Not finding any articles that support both win 2000 and Office 2003. Any help would greatly be apprecitated. Thanks! OFF: Error Message When You Click a Hype...

Cancel Scheduled Email
I Accidentily sent out an email marked for delivery tomorrow. How can i cancel it? Thanks in advance. Is it still in your Outbox? You should be able to delete it from there... -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:24b1301c45f96$04c578c0$a401280a@phx.gbl, Al wrote: > I Accidentily sent out an email marked for delivery > tomorrow. How can i cancel it? Thanks in advance. ...

Lost Cancelled and the Description
I am trying to figure out a way to extract the description through an advanced find for an opportunity that is lost/cancelled. I see status and status reason but nothing to show me the description. Please help. ...

TRUE: Would like it to appear as "True" in the cell.
Using Microsoft Excel 2007. I am typing in a name 'True', but when I type the name it is capitalizing the entire word 'TRUE'. I would like to capitalize only the first letter in the name. How do I achieve this using Excel? I believe Excel recognizes it as a formula. Either: format the cell to Text prior to entry or: precede the value with an apostophe (single quote) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Lindsay" wrote: > Using Microsoft Excel 2007. > > I am typing in a name 'True', but when I type the name it is cap...

How to AutoReply the True way
I can create .oft template for AutoReply when I receive any email (but it only work on the Client pc's only, which mean that my pc has to be on all the time.). How can I make it so it will reply (Like Out of Office AutoReply, so my pc does not have to be on). Or do I need to send my .oft template to the Server for it to send an AutoReply. Please Help. "Mike" wrote in news:022401c3ba99$c5bf0a20$a301280a@phx.gbl: > I can create .oft template for AutoReply when I receive > any email (but it only work on the Client pc's only, > which mean that my pc has to be on al...

How do I cancel my MSN subscription?
I would like to cancel my membership subscription of Microsoft, although yours services are exelent, do to a disablility I am unable to continue your servies. Thank You, you'll need to contact MSN - this group is for Microsoft Outlook support. try here: http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&page=misc/memberservices -- Bill Rodgers - MVP "Joyce Tschetter" <Joyce Tschetter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:486419DF-2EBE-423C-8562-52740FF68D2D@microsoft.com... >I would like to canc...

Cancelled Qty's in Purchase Orders
I've seem to have found a glitch in GP dealing with Purchase Orders. In the PO entry screen if you have a line item with say for example, Qty Ordered = 500 and Qty Cancelled = 500, and another line item of with Qty Ordered = 200. The first item should not be included in the price b/c all of its qty is cancelled. Therefore, only 200 pieces should show up in the price. However what is happening is the subtotal price is the price for 700 pieces (the 500 and the 200). When you print the report, the first item doesn't show up, only the item(s) with qty's (not cancelled). H...

How do I cancel window creation in OnInitDialog()?
Hi All, I have a splash screen that loads a bitmap from a file in OnInitDialog(). If for some reason the bitmap cannot be loaded I would like to cancel the splash screen so that the user does not see it flicker. Is there a clean way to cancel the creation of the splash screen ( a CDialog )? The splash screen is created like this: CSplashDlg * pSplashDlg = new CSplashDlg; if ( !pSplashDlg->Create(IDD_SPLASH_DIALOG, pParentDlg) ) delete pSplashDlg; Thanks. Alfredo I'm trying to remember how I did this before. It seemed like it was to call OnClose or something like that. -- ...

Find and remove rows with the word "TRUE" in Excel
Hi, Here is a bit of code that will delete all the rows that do not have an entry in col "B". intRow = 2 Do Until ws2.Cells(intRow, 1).Value = "" If ws2.Cells(intRow, 2).Value = "" Then 'Delete row range ws2.Rows(intRow & ":" & Row).Delete 'ROW is the last used row defined earlier. intRow = intRow + 1 Else intRow = intRow + 1 End If Loop My next task is to delete all the rows with the word "TRUE" in col "B". If I put: If ws2.Cells(intRow, 2).Value ...

Is there is a way to track canceled Apay?
Is there is a way to track canceled Apay? I don't see any ref's in the recent electronic payments. ...

unknown mistake prevenrts cancelation opf e-mails//
this msg is ment for microsoft: having read all the cries for help and seeing that the problem dates back to 2006 Im asking: WHEN WILL MICROSOFT COME UP WITH A DECENT ANSWER FOR THIS PROBLEM ????? in my program windows vista there is nothing like "options and erweiterungen and the like" im "extras" and what does l mal mean. ?? since I don´t expect an answer from microsoft, is there anybody who can help me???? Nobody here works for MS, we're all volunteers just like you. Have you sent your complaint to MS via Help and Feedback ? Perhaps if y...

Count Function on True Statements
I wonder if I can do a count on a specific value, like if I had this: CAR1 CAR1 CAR2 CAR2 CAR2 CAR3 Is there a way I can count how many "car2" I have? Currently, the only way I can do this is to set a true/false statement then count the trues. -- krayziez ------------------------------------------------------------------------ krayziez's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34891 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=546334 =countif(a1:a10,"car2") This is a function that accepts wildcards, so if y...

Mass Cancel POs
We have a bunch of old POs that for one reason or another are still open and need to be canceled. Is there a way to do a mass cancel of the POs so that they can then be removed through the Removed Completed POs window? I know how to individually cancel POs through the Edit Purchase Order window, but this will take forever. Not through GP. You would need to update the status in POP10100 and POP10110 behind the scenes. Asusual, make sure you have verified backups prior to doing any mass updating of data. I once updated thousands of records in a few seconds and it took me a few hours to ...

Cancel Jobs
I have a problem in the there are thousands of jobs waiting to be processed by DPM, therefore DPM has stopped backing up anything. How does one go about cancelling all jobs? SQL Script? Go to the jobs view -> multi-select all the jobs that you want to cancel -> click on cancel Please note that multi-select is not available on V2 SP1 "Thanks, Gaurav [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm" "...

Onsave script not cancelling save
I put the following script in the OnSave event of the contact form... if (crmForm.all.telephone1.DataValue == null && crmForm.all.telephone3.DataValue == null && crmForm.all.emailaddress1.DataValue == null) { // inform user that something is required alert("Please provide a phone number or email address."); // give focus to the first control crmForm.all.telephone1.SetFocus(); // Cancel the save event.returnvalue = false; } When I start a new contact and click save without one of the three fields referenced, it gives the alert window but then save...

Read Only
I have emailed a spreadsheet. The person receiving it cannot save it because it says "read only". Properties does not have read only clicked. How do I turn it off? Go to File, Save As and drop down the options menu in the upper right corner of the dialouge box. Go to General Options and make sure the read-only box isn't checked. Also, make protection on the sheet and/or workbook is off. "Glenn" wrote: > I have emailed a spreadsheet. The person receiving it cannot save it because > it says "read only". Properties does not have read only cli...

Cancel Printing
It would be wonderful if you could cancel printing of reports. I have found that going into Process Monitor and selecting Remove does not always cancel the print job. There needs to be a quick way to cancel a report from printing both during processing and during printing. Thanks. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based New...

How do I cancel pending server requests in outlook?
I have just loaded Office professional and have 3 email accounts. The problem is that In the past I had forgotten to change the out going provider. Now these email (very dated) are trying to send themselves. Does anyone know how to delete or cancel the pending server requests? The emails do not show in the outbox. Thanks for your help set outlook offline (file menu) wait a few minutes and delete them. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.out...

combobox after change but user hits cancel to message box
the code below is used to save some data when a user changes months on a combobox. The code prompts the user to see if he/she wants to save the estimates with a Yes, No, Cancel. yes and no cases work as expected but when the user clicks cancel, the code exits out as expected but the combox box value is now set to the new month the user selected. I would like it to be set back to the month they had in the combox before the changed it. how can I do modify the code to do that or is there a better way to do this? thanks Private Sub cboMonth_Change() Dim myCheck As Integ...

Cancel user's changes but save other changes
Hi, I've modified the workbook before close function as follows... Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) If Not Me.Saved Then RetVal = MsgBox("Do you want to save the changes you made to '" & Me.Name & "'?", vbExclamation + vbYesNoCancel) Select Case RetVal Case vbYes Me.Save Case vbNo Me.Saved = True Case vbCancel Cancel = True Exit Sub End Select End If // my code with some changes Me.Save End Sub ...

2501 error
What would cause this error to generate spontaneously? I was told some remote users encountered this after another user had a terminal server printer driver error. The error generated on attempting to open the report. Each user has a separate copy of the front-end. The only way I know this can trigger is if I set Cancel = True on the NoData event. What else causes it? Thanks. If the report takes a while to open, a user might press Ctrl+Break, which would trigger this error. Cancelling the report's Open event can cause the error just like NoData. It could also arise from concurrenc...

Cancel/BeforeUpdate Event Procedure
I have a main form Containers with a subform ContainerSubstances. The latter has a combo box showing the substances in the Substances table. If the desired substance is not in the combo, the user may bring up the Substances form in Add and Dialog mode. The user can press Save or Cancel from the latter form, and both work as designed. If Save is pressed, the combo box on the original subform is requeried to include the new value, and then the new value is selected by the code, and the Substances form closes, and the user returns to the Containers form, with focus set in the ...