Can't see window toolbars and cant access switchboard -how 2 fix?

A designer took off the ability to use the main toolbar or view the
switchboard, therefore can't update linked tables now that we're moving the
database to a new server. Is there a way to re-enable these toolbars or
update the link to the new location a different way? Thanks
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Try pressing and holding the Shift key while opening the database.  Unless
the designer removed this option you will by able to bypass the startup
options, which means you will see the default toolbar and the database
window, and will be able to make design changes.

"Suzanne" <Suzanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>A designer took off the ability to use the main toolbar or view the
> switchboard, therefore can't update linked tables now that we're moving
> the
> database to a new server. Is there a way to re-enable these toolbars or
> update the link to the new location a different way? Thanks

0
BruceM
11/12/2007 6:36:30 PM
First for something easy: Try pressing the F11 and see if you can see the
database window.

Next try going up to Tools, Options, View tab and see what options are there.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"Suzanne" wrote:

> A designer took off the ability to use the main toolbar or view the
> switchboard, therefore can't update linked tables now that we're moving the
> database to a new server. Is there a way to re-enable these toolbars or
> update the link to the new location a different way? Thanks

How to show child form with cannot access a dispose object error
Hi, I have child form attached to a parent form. It is declare in parent form. private frmChild child; I also have an event to show the form and activate it. if (this.child == null) { this.child = new frmChild(); this.child.MdiParent = this; } this.child.Show(); this.child.Activate(); No problem when called for the very first time to show the child form. Problem occurs when the child from is closed and the called again to show. "Cannot access a dispose object" error occurs on .Show() line. I do not want to just hide the child form. Can I completely d...

Generating report in Access
Is there a limit of length of the report? I can't make it longer than 21 inch... :( You have paper longer than 21 inches? Are you trying to fit everything onone "page"?You should be able to use as many pages as you need to fit it all in.-- RegardsJeff BoyceMicrosoft Office/Access MVPhttp://mvp.support.microsoft.com/Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentorhttp://microsoftitacademy.com/Microsoft Registered Partnerhttps://partner.microsoft.com/"Yue Zhao" <yuezhao@bu.edu> wrote in messagenews:eKf7l8YYHHA.944@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...> Is there a limit of length of the re...

Am I supposed to see the OUTPUT parameter's value in SQL Mgmt Stud
Hi, I have a stored procedure with an OUTPUT parameter. When I execute the procedure in SQL Server Mgmt Studio, am I supposed to see the OUTPUT parameter's value? I'm troubleshooting an issue and at this point I'm not sure if it's the application code or the stored procedure. When I execute the stored procedure, it does what it's supposed to do i.e. insert a new record, but I do not see the value of the output param -- unlike when I return values through a SELECT statement. Is this normal or am I supposed to see the value returned by the output param? -...

Giving Access to Mailbox w/o Changing Permission on each folder?
Can I do something in exchange admin so that a user can see all the folders of another user without going through each folder and adding user to permission? Can I change the primary account to the other users once the old employee leaves? They have too many folders to go through each and do this. Thanks Q268754 "How to Assign Users or Groups Full Access to Other User Mailboxes" "B-Dog" wrote: > Can I do something in exchange admin so that a user can see all the folders > of another user without going through each folder and adding user to > permission? Can...

Send on Behalf of Distribution List #2
We are currently using Exchange 2003 in a W2k3 Active Directory environment. I would like to be able to allow a person to send an e-mail on behalf of a Distribution List. How do I do that? I do not see a Send On Behalf of property in the DL. The closest thing I've found is the Send As property in the Security tab, but that doesn't seem to work. Any ideas? As far as I know, this is not possible. You can only do a send on behalf of another Mailbox. If you have Send As rights you can put the DL in the From box, but it will not display the "on behalf of". "MMC [MCP]...

XL97
Hi I have a spreadsheet created in Excel 97. I wanted to hide the formulas although not particularly complicated, I didn't want the user to see them. This I can do but on protecting the sheet I or the users cannot use Autofilter. Is there any way around this? Thanks very much Steve ...

microsoft document imaging not installing with windows 7
I have a new computer with Win 7 Pro & have Student Office 2007... The microsoft document imaging "PRINTER" is not installing with windows 7... Any answers to this one? I like the .mdi formats & really want it back<<<<< I have tried reinstall; its a no go... ...

Integration Manager SOP import shouldn't require SOP setup access
Per KB #896549 users must have access to the Sales Order Processing Setup window in order to run integrations for sales orders. Users are not required to have access to that window to enter sales orders manually. They should not have to have that level of access when running integrations. -- Jim@TurboChef ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in th...

Excel automation to access a workbook
I want to utililze Excel Automation to obtain properties from an Excel workbook. Given path of the Excel workbook, how can I get the properties of a workbook without making the Excel application or the workbook visible. Then obviously close the Excel workbook and the Excel Object after I get the properties Any help with this would be appreciated Here is some code I am using. I need help getting it to work. When I run it, I get an error message "Run-time error '-2147417851 (80010105)' Method 'Open' of object 'Workbooks' failed" I am in a form in Acc...

Accessing same email account from 2 different account , not loosing messages
I have two XP Profesional users working on same workstation. I need to receive from same POP3 email account ( ex. roger@firm.com ) all messages and all messages to be accessible to both users from their domain account used on that workstation. Each user have his own different domain account on Windows 2000 Server network. So, if one user log on from his account on workstation with Outlook Express he will receive all new emails. Next, the second user will log on on that workstations with his different domain account and he will need to see all messages received by first user and receive...

Access 2007 Run-time Error 2467 when accessing a listbox value on a sub form
I have a database that has been in production on Access 2003 for quite some time and has run without errors. A user's machine was recently upgraded to Access 2007 and now the database throughs a Run-time Error 2467 "The Expression you entered referes to an object that is closed or does not exist" on the following line that references a listbox value on a sub form. If Nz(Me.sfrm_Consultant_Contract_Request.Form.Cmb_Consultant.Value) = "" Then .. .. .. I changed the code to If Nz(Forms! frm_Main.sfrm_Consultant_Contract_Request.Form.Cmb_Consultant.Value) = ""...

Money 2003 #2
I got a new computer with Windows XP and Money 2003 installed. I'm still using my old computer at another location and it has Windows 98 and Money 2002 installed. Am I able to back up my money file on a zip disc and use it on both computers and if so how? I was able to put info on 2003 from 2002, but I'm having difficulty doing the reverse. My 2002 version is asking for a password and I haven't assigned any passwords. Please help. Marie You are having difficulty doing the reverse because it is not possible. Money data files are not backward compatible. The password me...

TLS #2
Hi, I need to set up a SMTP connector that allows encryption to occur between my mail server and an external one (xyz.com) out of my control. I know that the sender server use TLS connections. How can I tell Exchange that all inbound email from xyz.com are to go to the TLS encrypted SMTP connector and not the default one which is configured for plain connections? Kind regards, ...

Comment Indicators #2
Something has happened to a spreadhseet whereby all the comments have really long indicators spreading down over multiple cells. How can these be corrected without doing each one at a time? Thanks for help D Try running this macro: Option Explicit Sub ResetComments() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim CmmtRng As Range Dim cell As Range Dim CopyTxt As String Set ws = ActiveSheet Set CmmtRng = ws.Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeComments) For Each cell In CmmtRng With cell CopyTxt = .Comment.Text .Comment.Delete .AddComment .Comment.Text Text:=CopyTxt .Comment....

CRM 1.2
Is it possible in CRM 1.2 to do one of the following when an account is created 1. create a new case 2. run a process created under Cases ? ...

Security Access Documentation
I want to create a list that shows user access on GP. I know there is a report I can run to get this ifnormation, but it is showing those things the user has access and those things the user don't have any access (more than 300 pages). I have been looking for documentation on this issue, but the information is very limited. Is there a way or some place I can learn more about this? Thanks in advance! The current security implementation in Great Plains is a deny based system. This means that there are records stored for any resource that a user is denied access to or has access gran...

Access and Outlook Calendar
I've searched thru this forum and thru the Outlook forum and can't find exactly the issue I need to resolve. I have developed a calendar in AC2003. I have developed a process to export the calendar entry from access to the outlook calendar which works great. My user is now requesting the ability to view (or thru VBA) the entries in the Outlook calendar from within access? Unfortunately my database has no way to know if an entry in the access database already exists in the Outlook calendar. Is there a way to determine that? I tried creating a linked table with Outlook ...

Toolbar lowlights
I just installed Office 2003 and when I am in Outlook most of my toolbar is lowlighted (forward, reply, reply all, etc). How can I get these options turned on? Thanks did you activate it? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - OneNote 2003 Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups...

Maximize the window
Hi, I would like to use : AfxGetMainWnd()->ShowWindow(SW_MAXIMIZE); so as to maximize the main window. This works properly in a code for an event handling but it does not work in InitInstance() of the file MyApp.cpp. It generates immediately after compiling (0 error, 0 warning) the error dialog : (...) instruction could not be read (...) click on Ok to terminate (...). Do you know why this code which works in event handling does not work in InitInstance() ? And how can I make it work ? Thanks a lot, Guilhem. ...

sharing a calendar #2
Is it possible to have calendars set up in a small business so that they can share calendars if they are not using Outlook on an Exchange server? If so, how would I get started to set that up? I do not see much in the help files to get me going. Outlook 2003 on Windows XP Professional. Thank you. Have a look at the following link for possible solutions. Our good friends at Slipstick have outlined a few solutions: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.asp Nikki Peterson "Stephen Larivee" <lariveesl@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:gm80cp$1s8$1@news.motzarella.org....

Lineage 2 interlude
�� request, ������, ���� ������������. ��������� ����. �� ����. Είστε ευπρόσδεκτοϊ -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. __________________________________ "Βαγγέλης" wrote: > Το request, τελικά, είχε αποτελέσματα. Ευχαριστώ πολύ. > Τα λέμε. > > ...

Can I update all CmdUIs in my windows ?
Hello Please do you know, when one of my commands needs to be disabled, how can I update all poped-up menus and all toolbars in all windows for that command ? Actualy I have a sort of a menu implemented in some library which takes a Win32 menu handle and displays a custom pop-up menu which I need to update but don't have a handle to. So I was wondering if there is another way to update the UI based on the ID of a command Thank you "Timothy Madden" Romania Have you looked at ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;97693 Andy Mortime...

WMP 12 on Windows 7
I am attempting to get all my digital media centralized and organized, got all the DVD ripped into Media Center now I am attempting to get my music synced as well. Problem: Windows Media Player and Media Center is not picking up the mp3's in their respective locations. I have mapped and remapped them to the approriate location and it isn't pulling them into the library. Ran the MS diagnostics via troubleshooting on both the library and media player. It states I have a corrupt media library, and it gives me no hints on how to correct the issue. Any suggestions? ...

HOT investment tip, can you afford not to? #2
www.belgianpokermob.eu $200 added freeroll TODAY @ 15.00EST $200 added freeroll TODAY @ 17.00EST $200 added freeroll SUNDAY @ 15.00EST also on our site Limited $50 new player sponsorships available just a few Hrs now!! $10 Free no deposit needed!! Open 4 all !! FREE league with in JUNE 3WSOP seats to be won!!! FREE League in JULI $2500 cash + 2x EPT seats!! FREE POKER-BOOZE CRUISE in --->IBIZA (starts Juli 1st) $25-$200 Sponsorships (stats linked) August 2006 FREE pokerschool/News/Intervieuws...... give us a CLICK www.belgianpokermob.eu ...

Address book views #2
I am a domain admin and cannot delete an address book view on exchange 5.5 Did you try as the Service Account? If that fails. Stop Directory Service. Replace dsamain.exe with SP3 version (assume you have SP4) then start DS - delete it. Stop DS and put back SP4 dsamain.exe and then start all services. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/in...