Can't open shared access database with double click from explorer.

While trying to diagnose Access 2007 corrupting Access 2000 databases, I've
come across a situation where if I try to double click an MDB file on a
shared network drive, nothing happens.  Access doesn't start (either with
access 2000 or access 2007).

However, if I wait til I get the "Open File - Security Warning" on one
machine, then double click it on the other, then I can open it on both
machines.

In addition, I can always open it from the open menu in access.

Obviously something to do with the open file warning is going on here.  Is
there any way to set the registry to mark a particular location on my
network as safe from these warnings?

Anthony Wieser
Wieser Software Ltd

0
Anthony
12/3/2007 3:30:58 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Security warnings are PC-based. The individual PCs need to have their
security setting changed.

"Anthony Wieser" wrote:

> While trying to diagnose Access 2007 corrupting Access 2000 databases, I've
> come across a situation where if I try to double click an MDB file on a
> shared network drive, nothing happens.  Access doesn't start (either with
> access 2000 or access 2007).
>
> However, if I wait til I get the "Open File - Security Warning" on one
> machine, then double click it on the other, then I can open it on both
> machines.
>
> In addition, I can always open it from the open menu in access.
>
> Obviously something to do with the open file warning is going on here.  Is
> there any way to set the registry to mark a particular location on my
> network as safe from these warnings?
>
> Anthony Wieser
> Wieser Software Ltd

Sharing CRM SFO on a single PC
I am currently deploying my first CRM implementation and have discovered that a CRM SFO install on a specific computer cannot be shared by other licensed users. The CRM toolbar is displayed in Outlook for the user who installs SFO but not for any other user who logs on at that PC. An "MS CRM Installation & Configuration Certified Master" advised me that: “Sales for outlook can only be installed for a single user per machine, there is no provision for multiple MSDE instances. One data store = one user. The second user will need to use the Web interface.” Is this is most de...

learning access 01-31-08
Inform me a reliable interactive source to learn microsoft access On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 13:58:36 +0530, "Manas Ranjan Nayak" <manasrn@sancharnet.in> wrote: >Inform me a reliable interactive source to learn microsoft access Here's some places to look: Jeff Conrad's resources page: http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html The Access Web resources page: http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/index.html A free tutorial written by Crystal (MS Access MVP): http://allenbrowne.com/casu-22.html MVP Allen Browne's tutorials: http://allenbrowne.co...

Unable to open Windows XP
When I try to open my Virtual PC Windows XP on my Powerbook G4 it comes up with an error that Windows could not open successfully. I try to open it in safe mode and all of the other options available and it still comes up that I am unable to open Windows. Any ideas how to fix this or what the problem is? You'll probably get faster & more thorough assistance if you post to microsoft.public.mac.virtualpc But they'll need much more specific information about VPC & OS X versions, update levels, etc. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 9/19/07 11:55 PM, in article 11...

storing multiple list selections in access
i have 2 tables, table a and table b. is it possibile for a control bound to table a (a list box, with multiple selections eneabled) to be able to select multiple records from table b, and store them? i.e. table A record 1 has table B records 1,2,3,4,8,12, and so on selected while Table A record 2 only has table B records 3, 8 and 15 selected, and so on.. is there some way to store those selections within table A? for those curious, i'm making a character sheet for an RPG.. table A is the actual sheet, while B is the list of spells.. i'm looking for a way to store which spells each ...

Password on access
Hi!! I'm working on a database that has a few tables that everyone can access. I want to give permision to other people to see them but not to change any of the data. I have tried to make users and administrators but it seems to work in only one computer... Does someone know how to do this? Thank u very much!!! On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 07:34:02 -0700, Yael <Yael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi!! >I'm working on a database that has a few tables that everyone can access. I >want to give permision to other people to see them but not to change any of >the data. &...

My forms will not work with my email when I click submit.
Sending Form Data via E-mail, it will open up my Email but, the data is NOT contained in the body of the e-mail message. The e-mail address I entered for the ACTION attribute shows up. BUT NOT DATA IS CONTAINED IN THE BODY. ***************************** <FORM METHOD=POST ENCTYPE="text/plain" ACTION="pamjck@juno.com"> Name: <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="name"> <INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="submit button"> ******************************** why is my Email NOT working anymore and adding the data to the body of the e-mail ...

how do i turn on overtype in microsoft access
how do i turn on overtype in microsoft access Press the 'Insert' key once. -- Build a little, test a little. "Mandolin Man" wrote: > how do i turn on overtype in microsoft access Push the Insert Key on your keyboard. If you want to do it in code, the key constant is vbKeyInsert -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access "Mandolin Man" <MandolinMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1997028-190E-4EB8-BDDD-46C8E586332E@microsoft.com... > how do i turn ...

SP3 Problem
Ever since I installed SP3 for Office XP, I have been getting the following error - "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" I get this error only when I use Word as my email editor. Hence what is happening is that Outlook thinks that Word is a rogue program trying to send unauthorized emails. My question is, is there a way to prevent this - a whitelist of programs for example? Ajit Disable the PDFMaker addin. (See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for details on how to do this.) "Aj...

why is the chart displayed only when the chart area is clicked on?
We used the chart wizard to create a chart. The chart area is greyed out and the chart is displayed only when the chart area is clicked on. We tried to create the same chart using a new workbook and we don't have this problem. Hi, Use the menu Tools > Options. On the View tab in the Objects section make sure Show All is selected rather than place holders. Cheers Andy Vivien wrote: > We used the chart wizard to create a chart. The chart area is greyed out and > the chart is displayed only when the chart area is clicked on. We tried to > create the same chart using a...

How to open a msg attachment?
Hi all, Someone sent me a msg attachment and I am trying to open it. When I open it all I get is a blank message. This supposed is to be a distribution list and I am using Office 2003. Any ideas, Thanks. -SA. Ask the sender to resend, this time creating the message in rich-text = format.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "SA&qu...

image prints 'double' in normal and best mode
I have an image - a portait-style, rectangular 'directions' map to help customers find my location which I created in publisher with lines and text, etc, then grouped and saved as a jpg - that I am now trying to use (inserted>from file) in a quarter-page card layout to be printed and cut for inclusion with mailers. If I print in 'fast draft' mode, this map look fine. However, if I try to print in normal or best mode, the image is messed up - the top half of the rectangle is doubled; the bottom half is not printed. Example: the 'this is north' indicator, whic...

Excel or Access?
I have server data that is about 200-300 rows/records and includes abou 25 columns/fields. Coworkers have suggested that this data shoul reside in a database, such as Access, and then import/link to it fro Excel for reporting purposes. Does anyone have a recommendation/comment/suggestion on this? I a comfortable using Excel as my "database" for this data that will no grow much larger than it already is, and is easier for me to perfor the reporting in Excel simply on another sheet. Thanks! Ric -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Why fix what's not broken? ...

Outlook accessing Eudora
This has happened before. There are 2 of us, one uses outlook and I use Eudora...again Outlook is doing the default email client thing and accessing my email to his account...GRRRR! Does anyone know how to stop this? There are two sides of the computer using XP Pro...I simply do not understand why they set outlook up like this?! Is it to keep us from using other non Microsoft products???? HELP PLEASE! ...

Logitech Trackman does not scroll in Explorer 8
In spite of having the latest driver installed, and the fact that scrolling works in every other Microsoft Office application, not to mention 3rd. party apps, why doesn't it work in IE8? Scrolling Logitech devices seems to be a particular mystery to IE programmers, looking at all the previous postings. -- J. W. McLachlan How do you know it's not a mystery to Logitech programmers? --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est Brachy wrote: > In spite of having the latest driver installed, and the fact that scrolling > works in every other Microsoft Office application, n...

Can't open some mail after upgrade
Hello.. We upgraded our server to Exchange 2003. After the upgrade our clients using Windows 2000 and Outlook 2000 do not seem to be able to open mail that has been forwarded more than once and contains attachments. I can forward the same piece of mail to someone using an Outlook 2003 client and they can open it, but the client using Outlook 2000 cannot view the mail, preview the mail, forward the mail or even see or save the attacment. The error is: "Can't open this item. Could not complet the operation because the service provider does not support it." Any help...

Automatic open locked excel file through access control
We know,Excel has prompt password to open it files. Is it possible to create a code that can supplies the excel prompt password?.So that when we open the excel file through our access control in a form, the excel files can be opened automatically.But when the excel files opened from its default icon,it will prompt a password first. On Jul 10, 8:43 pm, "shiro" <s...@play.com> wrote: > We know,Excel has prompt password > to open it files. > Is it possible to create a code that can > supplies the excel prompt password?.So that when we > open the excel file throu...

creating shared calendar in outlook 2007
Hi, I would like to create a shared calendar (diary, bookings) for the corporate, the thing is, when I go to organization and default folders, I'm able to create but when I go to OWA or Outlook 2K7 can't seem the folder (either rss and others, only the main mailboxs), also I cannot see public folder , only mailbox in bot owa and outlook 2k7. What is the best method to create a shared calendar? Sorry, I'm completely newbie regarding ex2k7 On 4 Mar 2007 03:50:49 -0800, "k0D" <camocas@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I would like to create a shared calendar (di...

Slow performance when opening e-mail
It takes 10-15 seconds for an e-mail to open. even moving between e-mails is slow, nor will the preview pane show up any faster. It takes the same period of time to delete messages. Even moving between contacts, calender to my in box takes an excessive period of time. It has not always been this slow. I have archived my info and do not have an excessive ammount of messages in my box. Nor am I low on memory or performance with my hardware. Any ideas? Thanks, Matthew Depending on the version of Outlook (which you do NOT state), turning off Instant Message integration under Tools-&...

Open up Archives then delete Archive folder.
I'm trying to open up those "archive.psd" and can't open them. The only think that happens is that I keep adding Archive Folders and then I can't do anything with the Archive folder. Can you tell me how to open up a file called "archive.psd"? So far I've tried File>Open>Outlook Data File, then I select the archive.psd file and all that happens is I keep adding Archive folders that I can't do anything with. How can I delete "Archive Folders"? Thanks. IS. PST, do you mean? PSD isn't a valid extension for an Outlook file. IS ...

unspecified error at opening
Hello, my MS Word 2007 doc is getting an unspecified error at opening. The error message is a problem is with content - Location: Part: /word/footer4.xml, Line 2, Column: 583. How can I recover this doc? How can this be avoided in the future? Thank you in advance for your time. Regards, Jim ...

Combo Box On Click
I can't get an On Click event to work with a combo box. It looks like it automatically turns into an After Update event. My Combo Box has two columns with the first column hidden because it is a key field. The combo box is also displayed as a hyperlink so that the user can click the list item value to open a form. But I can get the On Click event to work if the user is selecting an existing value in the combo box. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. My observation as been that the Click event and the After Update events for combo boxes are essentially (or maybe entir...

jraun search when clicking on inbox and other folders
I have Microsoft Outlook 2002. A couple of weeks ago, I started getting a weird message whenever I click on any of the folders. For instance, I click on "inbox", and at first, the inbox starts to open, then suddenly an explorer bar opens, as if it's going to the internet, and the inbox disappears and I get a message saying "Cannot find Outlook:Inbox", or something similar to that. Also, in the explorer bar, I see "www.jraun.com/search" and some other stuff after than pertaining to a search for my inbox. I can't find anyone who knows why this ...

Access file size limit for 2003 and 2007 and memory issue
(1) Can someone tell me the max file size of Access file?(2) Also, when I open a 2GB Access file, does it uses 2 GB of memory?The reason I asked is that when I opened such file, I see theavailable memory in the Tasks Manager window went down to zerogradually.(3) I saw some posts that suggested using table link to deal with thesize issue, but would the performance (speed) go down when runningqueries using tables from two different Access file?- Grasshopper - "Grasshopper" <excelmodeling@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174962344.143858.324700@y66g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...>...

The Annoyance Of Having To Click Twice
Here's another annoying feature of WLM. We have to click TWICE at "Sync" in order to download "Everything" -- all new email and newsgroup messages. Why not a BUTTON for that function -- with ONE click? Right? Or am I missing something? Nancy Jackman "Nancy Jackman" <nanwjackman@beaufort.com> wrote in message news:O8MtREgBLHA.1304@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Here's another annoying feature of WLM. > > We have to click TWICE at "Sync" in order to download "Everything" -- all > new email and...

M$ Ending Open Discussion Newsgroups!
Joining the leagues of censorship activists, obviously. - "Microsoft said it plans to end support for more than 4,000 old-style newsgroups starting next month, pushing users instead to discussion forums such as those found on the Microsoft Answers, TechNet and MSDN sites. Although venerable, Microsoft said that so-called NNTP newsgroups have past their time in terms of being usable and secure." More at http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-20004109-56.htm cf. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx Dhu Pin Yoo wrote: > Joining the l...