can't delete a corrupt record in a access 2007 table?

Access 2007 program but Access 2000 File format, Can't delete a corrupt
record in a table, weird symbols, search error.

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

I'm assuming that you tried a compact and repair.

Are the weird symbols in a memo field? If so, here's what to try.

1. Make a complete backup of the database mdb file(s) and put away for safe
keeping.

2. Create a query that excludes the particular problem record. Include all
fields or use the * wildcard. You need a primary key for this to work so that
you know exactly which record. An autonumber field is best if you don't
already have a PK. After running the query to ensure the proper records are
returned, change it to a Make Table query and run it.

3. Next change the query back to a Select query. This time only search for
the problem record. Make sure that all fields show EXCEPT for the problem
field. Run it to make sure. Then change the query to an append query and
append the bad record to the table that you just created.

4. Delete the corrupt table. Rename the new table with the same name as the
old one. You might have problems if there are relationships involved.

5. Create a new database and import everything from the old database. Use
this DB in the future.

Tony Toews has an excellent web page on database corruption.
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm

Allen Brown also has excellent info on corruption.
http://allenbrowne.com/ser-47.html

I have a white paper in a Word document named Fix Corrupt Access Database
towards the bottom this page:
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/OtherLibraries.asp
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"Todd" wrote:

> Access 2007 program but Access 2000 File format, Can't delete a corrupt
> record in a table, weird symbols, search error.

old email addresses replaced by new will not allow owa access
Hello all, We have changed our email format from first initial last@XXX.com with firstname.lastname@XXX.com I went to remove the old email address for my account. once I did that I was not able to access OWA. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance. How do you log on to OWA? -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Rollin West" <Rollin West@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF891802-5928-4E91-9F64-1AC93EB6E45A@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > We have changed our ema...

c10306a7 error when access public folders
While access public folders through Exchange Admin, I get the following error: _ The available memory is not sufficient. Close some applications or windows and try again. ID no: c10306a7 Exchange system manager - This is a 2000 server standard running Exchange 2003 enterprise (upgraded from Exchange 2000) This error message was happening in Exchange 2000 as well, and I was hoping the upgrade would resolve the issue. This error message prevents me from access public folders and performing any maintenance. I am guessing this is more of a rights issue rather than a memeory issue. I have ...

Possible to delete the Workspace of a project ONLY for re-creation with a new template?
I've improved the central template about a day after a user of mine create two new project workspaces (that aren't being used yet). I want to get rid of the ones that are out there and have them republish using the new template. Normally, I go out and delete the project from the published database ONLY and check the option to delete its associated workspace/ sharepoint site. Is there a way to just delete the workspace without touching the project in either the draft or published databases so that it can be re-created with the new template? Thanks, Andy Novak UNT 1...

MX Records not showing correctly
Could someone explain why I am getting the following and what I can do to resolve this problem. *** computername.domain.com can't find query=mx: Non-existent domain > query=mx domain.com Server: domain.com Addresses: 192.168.1.10, 192.168.0.10 *** domain.com can't find query=mx: Non-existent domain > query=mx 192.168.0.10 Server: [192.168.0.10] Address: 192.168.0.10 *** 192.168.0.10 can't find query=mx: Non-existent domain > Thanks for you help Terry You don't need MX records on internal DNS. What exactly are you trying to do? If you are trying to...

OL 2007 printing
In OL 2000 you could select multiple messages, choose print, and it would print them on one sheet. With the upgrade to 2007, each message is printing on its own sheet (wasting paper). Is there a way to tell OL 2007 to print them on one sheet? tia -- Lauri Bellingham Public Schools Application Support Not that I am aware of. Printing in broken in Outlook 2007. :( See if blueprint or outlookprinter.com meets your needs. http://www.savvisoft.com/ http://www.outlookprinter.com/ -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Task...

Outlook 2007 says 'no email program associated'
I have just updated from Windows 7 RC to released version; trying to install Office 2007 Enterprise. Outlook starts but gives me the following error message: "There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel." I thought Outlook was the email program?? It will not allow me to set up an email account (the Email Setup panel appears but nothing happens when I click the Email accounts button) On 3/1/2010 4:56 PM, lorie wrote:...

how to split records in Access report
Hi, I was wondering if anyone here might be able to help me here. This problem has been driving me up the wall. I have a report that shows records in it. Some of the records are split namely starting on one page finishing on the next. For example - Maintenance plan - Irrigation monitoring plan where "- Maintenance plan" is all one field and yet the "- Irrigation monitoring plan" would be printed at the top of the next page if this happened to print at the bottom of a page. What should happen if the two lines don't fit is that both lines get moved to the next page. ...

Access Not Responding
I have an access database, that is running of a mysql server When i click on button it can take a fair bit of time to respond and the mouse can frezze. it also says 'Not Responding' At first i thought it could be internet speed but i have just tested on a new server with very hight query buffers and not running any thing else The query do load fast once Access starts responding again Abny idea what could be causeing it Are you trying to do this across a "wide area network" (e.g., the internet)? There are some issues with Access' performance on WANs. ...

Record Unavailable When Creating New Activity Offline
When working with my offline data, I will go into a Contact Record that I have access to offline. I will create a new activity, save it and then keep going. Sporadically when I create an activity for that contact and hit save I will get the Record Unvailalbe error. When I close the window I can create the same exact activity again and it will save just fine. I am working offline with the Outlook client, I am the onwer of the Contact object. The activity can be any type, Phone, Email, Appt. I enabled tracing and was able to catch this in the logs. Here is the error that appears i...

Two table query not giving expected result
I have two tables, contacts and companies, which are related by the companyID. The value in the contacts tables is a result from the input form where for avery contact one can choose the company using a combobox. Now I would like to populate a list box using a query which as input uses either the name (first or last) form one table or the company name from the second table. (lets assume that in the contacts table a lot of names are the same and that in the company table every record is unique) I use the following query to limit the output to the selected values: SELECT Contacts.ContactID,Cont...

Does anyone create sites without using tables for layout?
I know that a trend is to create websites that are pure css, and don't rely on tables for layout. Are asp.net devs taking that approach also? I checked a couple of major asp.net websites like newegg.com and they do seem to use tables for layout. Any info out there focused on table-less asp.net dev? Most of us try but I think our dirty little secret is most also cop out and start using tables here and there when their pages become increasingly complex. You'll note most of the "pure" CSS sites are often little more than what we call StackPanels in XAML using CS...

outlook 2003
Greetings, I'm having an issue and was wondering if anyone can help. Background: I had MS Office 2003 Professional installed on my computer. I then installed MS Office 2007 Enterprise edition. at first, everything worked.. by that, all components: word, excel, outlook, powerpoint, etc.. Then i used a registry cleaner to try and speed up the system.. didn't work out too well and basically had to re-install MS Office 2007 enterprise edition. except for outlook 2007. outlook 2003 is still installed and operates just fine. BUT... Issue: now when I try to instal...

Unable to save file directly to network from word 2007
For somereason I am not able to save word files onto the network directly. It gives me "There has been a network or file permission error. The network connection may be lost". I tried the steps in this KB: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/291156?p=1 Method 2 and 3 dont fix it. I can save it localy and then copy it to the network, but that is a pain. I tried different hotfixes, but they dont help. This is the only computer with the problem. Thanks Did you try the hotfix in the article "Word cannot complete the save due to a file permiss...

How to Delete Range ?
What I have works, but it's pretty slow. It selects the first blank cell in a column and deletes the next fifteen rows. Is there a better way of deleting those 15 rows? Range("D2").Select Selection.End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0).Select For I = 1 To 15 ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).EntireRow.Delete Next I Thanks, Mike range("d2").end(xldown).offset(2,0).resize(15).entirerow.delete You're skipping one blank row and then deleting the next 15???? slappy54 wrote: > > What I have works, but it's pretty slow. It selects the first blank cell in...

Phantom tables
After adding and deleting numerous tables in a Word 2003 document and updating my list of tables a few times, I get phantom table entries in my list of tables. Some have no number or caption, but the leader is there and a page number, and they throw off the numbering by causing the next table to be numbered as if the phantom table were really there. Other entries in the list of tables are just random bits of text that appear as if they were tables. I have tried to find hidden codes or mis-applied styles, to no avail. I'm hoping someone can help me find these phantoms. Wo...

Form Objects Disappear When Filter Returns No Records
AC 2007 sp2. I have a form with a list box combo box and a text box. The cbo is used to filter records in the form and is also synced with the list box. I have dvd titles in the list box and when I select an item in the cbo (category) it filters the records in the list box and the form. I have an item in the lookup table 'Other' which is the default value for a new record. (making sure that all records have a value for the category) So there usually isn't any records containing 'Other' so when I select it the cbo and no records are returned the list box and ...

Characters deleting forward
Sometimes my OE takes a fit and decides to delete characters forward of the cursor each time I type a new one - when I want to insert a word in an already typed line it starts deleting ahead - understand? Can anyone help and tell me if I have caused it myself without knowing what I did? John "John Ahern" <john@johnahern.net> wrote in message news:037688ed$0$1355$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com... > Sometimes my OE takes a fit and decides to delete characters forward of > the cursor each time I type a new one - when I want to insert a word in an > alre...

Why can I no longer change Font colors in an Excel 2007 Comment?
I have always been able to make my Excel Comments more readable by accenting some key words in the comments ... In Excel 2007, I cannot change any font colors ... This is a big step backwards .... ??? Hi, There's no difference between E03 & E07. In both after you enter the comment text and right click the comment and format it. If it's an 'old' comment you can right click, edit comment and then format comment. -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently...

Cannot access contacts when composing e-mail messages
other posts... I recently upgraded from xp to 7. I run office 2007. I can see all my contact, however, when I go to the different contact books and try and enable the address book the box is greyed out (i.e. it cannot be checked). I have then tried to go to tools->address books - it displays Outlook address book, type "MAPI".... I then try New - additional address books - outlook address books - and I receive the message "This account or directory type already exists and cannot be specified twice." I then tried to delete the "MAPI" address...

Vista Mail-Delete it From Server now Working
I have been using "Delete it from Server" option in Windows Mail Rules successfully for a number of years now until recently. The I noticed i began receiving mails that I have defined to be deleted from server. To further this, I used another email address defining the emails from this address to be deleted from server but the emails still come through. Can anyone enlighten and help me on this? I am using Vista Home Basic and updated to the most current. The mail program is the Windows Mail. =?Utf-8?B?cmJlcm5hbDQz?= <rberna...@discussions.microsoft.com> Y...

Make-table querie to a protected database
Hello, I'm trying to run a "make-table" querie that will create a table on protected database but, every time I try to run the querie, I get a message saying that the password is wrong. The command line that in the querie is G:\PRIMAVERA Software\BaseDados\MET04_LP5_OF2003.mdb ";PWD=PASSWORD" and the password is correct. Can someone help me. Thanks, Paulo Ferreira "Paulo Ferreira" wrote: > I'm trying to run a "make-table" querie that will create a table on > protected database but, every time I try to run the querie, I get a >...

I have to delete and add account to send emails
The last two mornings when I open Outlook 2003, I have been unable to send emails. I can receive but I can't send. I've had to delete my email account and re-add it and it's fine the rest of the day. Outlook is SP3, XP is SP3 and I use McAfee There must be a send error. That error would be the key to resolving the problem. Please post it here in its entirety. You will see the error if you watch the send/receive progress. Once the send errors out, click on the Error tab and report it back here. "sdt1985" <sdt1985@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Access 2007 Rich Text Justify
Hi, 1. I want to fully justify text on both left and right sides. Text is stored in SQLServer Text column. 2. On the Rich Text ribbon, there are only icons for left, center, and right justification - no full justification. 3. Is it possible to add HTML tags directly to the text in the table for full justification? I tried using tags below, which works in browser from a notepad text file. However, it does not work in an Access 2007 foooooooooooooorm textbox set to Rich Text. I also want this full justification in an Access 2007 report also. Thanks. Alan Doeans't Work in Access...

macro to delete rows with zero value
Hello, I need some help in writing a macro to look at a column of values and when it gets to a cell with zero value I want to delete all rows from there down. The data will be sorted in decending order so all rows after the first row that has a zero value will also have zero value. For example, with the data below: I want to look at column D (which would have various numbers of rows) and once there is a value of zero as in row 5, I want all rows from row 5 to the end deleted. A B C D 1 5000111017 510100 1000.000 2 5000111017 510100 2030.000 3 5000111017 510100 1200.000 4 5000...

Quickly locating duplicate records
I have a large merged list of member records from different sources. There are two important fields -- member number and email address. I need to identify duplicate records and eliminate both exact duplicates and duplicates where one key field is the same but the other is not -- i.e., I have to make a determination of which record is most accurate. I can eliminate the exact duplicates using the advanced filter, but it is the other type that is problematic. After sorting on member number and email address, is there a way to find duplicate pairs (using first one field and then the other) so ...