Can someone help; pipe delimited text import not working

Im trying to import a pipe delimited text file into access 2007 and I get the
following message when I try to finish the import
"Method Execute TempImexSpec' of object '_Wizhook'failed. It doen't seem to
be recognizing the "|" pipe sysmbol I entered?  Help nothing seems to be
working for me.

Thanks
Char

0
cmercante
4/21/2010 9:27:41 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Char -

Can you import the text manually (which is how you usually set up import
specs anyway)?  It could be a data issue or an import spec issue...

Can you copy the import text file and remove all but maybe the first few
records and see if only a few records will import?

--
Daryl S

"cmercante" wrote:

> Im trying to import a pipe delimited text file into access 2007 and I get the
> following message when I try to finish the import
> "Method Execute TempImexSpec' of object '_Wizhook'failed. It doen't seem to
> be recognizing the "|" pipe sysmbol I entered?  Help nothing seems to be
> working for me.
>
> Thanks
> Char
>
> .

RMS V2 and QSC Import
I have successfully imported several of my customers products using the QSC Import tool as a test but am unable to import the items with any association with sales tax? The default Sales Tax is TAX which is what I plan on using but once imported it creates a new item code TAX so now I have two? I plan on importing several hundred products and any help would be much appreciated. -Jess Reference- https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/rms/downloads/releases/rms_so_importutility.htm i use the same tool but i dont tell the import utility anything about tax. import the items witho...

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Please help #8

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Help with importing data

How to import images from Publisher into Picture Manager?
I have images in Publisher that I need to import in to Microsoft office picture manager. How do I do this? Find the source of those images and save them. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Heatherwithaheadache" <Heatherwithaheadache@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1B1DFC9-0639-49BA-8614-A5AC0DDB596D@microsoft.com... >I have images in Publisher that I need to import in to Microsoft office > picture manager. How do I do this? Right-click the picture, save as picture, or copy/paste to a folder. The Picture Manager will search for al...

Rule won't work
Outlook 2007 I have set up a rule to do the following; When I send or receive a message from a specific contact, play a sound, display in new item alert window, flag for follow up and move to a specific folder. But it is not doing anything. Do I need to change something else? What type of email account? Do other rules work? Does it work if you use any one action? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.out...

Bulk Import
Hi All. I have a need to import leads (about 20,000 of them) and then I need to update each lead (with data from an outsourced Telemarketing supplier) every 2 weeks. I will create new attributes every 2 weeks for the lead to match the data coming back from my supplier but would I be able to "update" my existing 20,000 leads and not re-import as I would like to keep the activity history. Any idea how I could do this? Thanks in advance. ...

Calculations adding Text formats
I am new at this so please bear with me. I am using Excel XP. In my column I have a list of numbers. Some are formatted as text and some are formatted at numeric. When I insert by formula it seems to be calculating the entire column, even the text formatted cells. What am I doing wrong. Example Cell A1 = 5 - numeric Cell A2 = 5 - text format Cell A3 = 5 - text format Cell A4 = 5 - numeric format formula states =sum(a1:a4) the total should be 10 not 20. Correct? You're not doing anything wrong, per se. Changing formats cannot change numbers into text values or text values into...

Find Text in a Query
Does anyone know of a way to search thru AC2003 queries to find a text string? For example, I need to find all queries that contain the text "Forms". Thanks for your help! On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 14:10:01 -0800, PeterM <PeterM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know of a way to search thru AC2003 queries to find a text >string? For example, I need to find all queries that contain the text >"Forms". > >Thanks for your help! There might be a way to use the systems tables, but I wasn't able to figure it out. Try: Pu...

Formating text in cells
Hello, does anyone know how to force Excel to keep the hyphen or dash character (-) with the associated numbers when putting multiple dash-#s in a cell and turning "wrap" formating on? This is the same problem I have in Word; when I add dash-#s (ie; -xxx, -yyy, -zzz) Office apps interpret dashes ( - ) as a hypehen to a word and will keep the dash/hyphen on the line above until there are enough characters to force the dash/hyphen to the next line. In my work we use the format; -xxx, -yyy, -zzz to denote multiple versions of the same base part. Work instructions to operators...

can't open new worksheets in a separate window
I've been trying to open multiple wookbooks in Excel, but they won't open in a new window. Instead they continue to open in the same window - one on top of the other. I've tried playing around with the maximize and restore, but to no avail. I tried right clicking on the Excel button in the taskbar to cascade the windows, but the pop-up menu is inactive. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Running Excel 2003, Windows XP. This might be it: Tools - Options - View tab - Show: Windows in taskbar. Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "3R's" <3R's@di...

Can validation lists be enlarged
When a validtion list is created can this be enlarged in a spreadsheet which has been reduced to view. Hi for a workaround see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "AC" <AC@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:B6A557E7-7B2C-459B-94CE-02606B6CAB3A@microsoft.com... > When a validtion list is created can this be enlarged in a spreadsheet which > has been reduced to view. ...

Remote humans can't get email addressed to them from within the do
I call them remote humans because they are not "users" set up on the SBS2003 system. I've set up a local domain, call it domain.local, and the email domain is domain.org. For all internal users, there is no problem. But there are two people, out of state, with email addresses user1@domain.org and user2@domain.org. Our email is hosted, and we use the POP3 connector to bring it into our Exchange server. We do not use POP3 connector for the remote humans - their Outlook client has the POP3 account set up on it. These remotes will never connect to the local domain, all th...

How can I create Schedule Chart?
I have simply an activity list which shows START and FINISH date of related activity. I need to put this information into a Chart, so that i will get a bar chart highligting the line between the START and FINISH date of the activity. It is very similar to what we can create in Microsoft Project. Do you know a specific chart type for this? It's called a Gantt chart: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010346051033.aspx http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html http://www.mrexcel.com/tip058.shtml -- David Biddulph "mezzanine1974" <savas_karaduman@yahoo.com>...

Please Help with Multiple Field Primary Keys
I have two tables in a database that have to use four fields for a unique identifier and primary key. How do I set up a query to set a relationship between those four fields together as one? When I add the tables to the query I see the fields, but I am not having any success properly setting the relationships. The upper half of the query design window is where the 2 tables appear. Drag Field1 from Table1, and drop it into Field1 from Table2. Access displays a join line from one table to the other. Drag Field2 from Table1, and drop it into Field2 from Table2. Repeat for the other 3 f...

Pasting Text from Outlook into 1 Excel cell
Hi, Any ideas how I can paste text (which has blank lines between it) fro an outlook email into 1 cell in an Excel spreadsheet. When I try th line spaces mean that the text appears in different cells. Thanks in advance, g -- giantwol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- giantwolf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2471 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47169 Don't worry I've sorted it myself after searching previous threads - should have done that first! -- giantw...